Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3050) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3999848 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) ... (3914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:02pm On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:
Elba's beard, Hit or miss?

First poster...
Not bad, I’m really looking forward to seeing this movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:03pm On May 19, 2022
He did the Blade Runner...
He also did Chariots of Fire, I don't think many people here would have seen Chariots of Fire, but the score was/is popular and massive (at least among music score lovers)...

Like this, na only Hans remain ooo

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:11pm On May 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
biblical movie?

No, the movie is adapted from one of the stories in The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye, which is a collection of short mythical stories..
George Miller is directing...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 7:12pm On May 19, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Not bad, I’m really looking forward to seeing this movie.

Alright, looks like something to see in theaters..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 7:15pm On May 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
what I'm asking for is a set down rules on how the multiverse works...
What exactly are the rules?

E.g if spiderman gets born in verse 102, does he get born same time in all the verses?
Are the different versions the same people but with different character?
If one dies, does it affect the others? Cos if Batman dies in one early, automatically batman's son shouldn't exist in that verse...if we go that way, won't there be entirely different people by the next generation?

why are the spidermen different in the verses, but the Dr strange are basically the same people but with different character?

How do you even travel between verses?
What are the side effects?
If I even spend little time thinking I can bring about so so many more questions

I feel like they just come up with whatever is convenient for the movie...and even during the movie they just do random things for the plot without any in-world logic

That's why so far no movie has impressed me with their multiverse concept...
It's just a concept used for plot convenience without them even bothering to form up a set of rules or logic to explain it
base on Rick and Morty:
If one dies, does it affect the others No, some verses didn't have Rick and Morty again and no be everything Dy happen same way in the multiverse
Are the different versions the same people but with different character? No, dem all the same but not all look alike base on dere verses
if spiderman gets born in verse 102, does he get born same time in all the verses? I think so
guy u mata don tire me, lol......... do u believe in all this shit time traveling, yeah some side effects Dy but not too serious
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 7:16pm On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Alright, looks like something to see in theaters..
Definitely theatre worthy, it’s after all a George Miller flick.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:26pm On May 19, 2022
DieRich5:
base on Rick and Morty:
If one dies, does it affect the others No, some verses didn't have Rick and Morty again and no be everything Dy happen same way in the multiverse
Are the different versions the same people but with different character? No, dem all the same but not all look alike base on dere verses
if spiderman gets born in verse 102, does he get born same time in all the verses? I think so
guy u mata don tire me, lol......... do u believe in all this shit time traveling, yeah some side effects Dy but not too serious

I just like understanding the logic so I get all what's happening...
E.g I'm enjoying this Everything Everywhere All at Once, but the entire Multiverse thing is confusing af...and I don't think the issue is from me...they just jumbled everything without caring whether it makes sense or not
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:40pm On May 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I just like understanding the logic so I get all what's happening...
E.g I'm enjoying this Everything Everywhere All at Once, but the entire Multiverse thing is confusing af...and I don't think the issue is from me...they just jumbled everything without caring whether it makes sense or not

It makes perfect sense if you refrain from writing your own script.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 7:42pm On May 19, 2022
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:44pm On May 19, 2022
SOZINN:
Everything Everywhere All At Once 2022

First and foremost, you must understand that if you take this film seriously, you will be disappointed. The film is not serious about itself. While I recognize that if you want to make your audience laugh there are certain techniques to follow, the comedy and crazy can only go so far in impressing me. This film piqued my interest because it was billed as a science fiction flick. However, the biggest issue I have with it is that it does not provide much in the way of science fiction.

Let's begin with the duration: 130 minutes! It's 130 minutes too arduous, and the questions I had at the end could have been answered if they had spent more time discussing specific details. Instead, they chose to lengthen it with a lot of unnecessary scenes. For a film that isn't really in the comedy category, it gets lost in it. If you don't use those extra minutes in the run time to impart detail about the film's elements, you're wasting my time.

Then there's the setting; there's nothing to see here, and it's not even impressive. While their "Multiverse phenomenon" is conveyed in a novel fashion, it is also rather messy. The film appears to have been made on a shoestring budget; if this is the case, the funds were wisely spent. The theory of the Multiverse, on the other hand, is not something that low-budget filmmakers should pursue. You will need a large budget to present that kind of story in a colorful and satisfying manner, and that is the fact.

On to the acting. The acting was excellent for the most part. I'm not a big fan of Asian acting, but I can tell when someone has put in a lot of effort to put on a good show. It's no easy feat to deliver madness on this scale, but this film has the proper personnel. The director deserves praise for a job well done. The plot moves along nicely, although there are a few flaws due to the large number of unnecessary scenes. The narrative conveyed a good message effectively, and while it, like most stories, has flaws, it is a pretty decent plot overall.

Another aspect I need to address is the dialogue. It was a disaster. It falls short of expectations for a science fiction film. I was shaking my head even when I watched passages where they used native language with subtitles. The first 60 minutes of dialogue are nearly comical. As expected, superb fight choreography and decent use of CGI for an Asian film. I can't give this movie a higher rating than a five. Not what I had anticipated. Science fiction/Adventure ugh

And it flew waaaaaaaay over your head.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:47pm On May 19, 2022
nani667:
⬇️⬇️
finally you've downloaded Kingdom

Why hasn't Netflix renewed the series for the 3rd season?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:50pm On May 19, 2022
DrDax:

And it flew waaaaaaaay over your head.

Honestly where are all of you crawling out from It's my opinion, please rest. Or better still post your own.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:50pm On May 19, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I don't know about any Multiverse in Rick and Morty...
But were the rules and concept properly explained...

If you're creating fictional multiverse...there must be clear rules about how it work... clear fictional logic that explains it...

The problem with all the multiverse movies is there is no basis or clarity...they don't even bother to explain any logic or rules ...
They just make it work as the plot demands today ...
Make it work differently as the plot demands tomorrow...
No consistency at all ...it leads to an entire Multiverse of plot holes

I didn't know the multiverse is now an exact science. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2022
DrDax:

I didn't know the multiverse is now an exact science. grin
it's fictional nah grin

But doesn't mean we should understand the in-world logic grin grin

Anyway I'll just accept most movies won't explain anything and just do what they like
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:42pm On May 19, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Definitely theatre worthy, it’s after all a George Miller flick.

You mean am. George Miller? Na en I come dey ignore the trailer.
Na to check am out sure pass.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:47pm On May 19, 2022
olayinkajnr:

You can always use my card. I only fund the account whenever I want to make online purchase.

Or better still, open a GoMoney account and request for a virtual card.

Thanks fam.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:13pm On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Streaming services will hit a plateau at one point in time,case in point, Netflix, this doesn't mean that they are doing badly, it's just that market forces have brought them down to it's real valuation...
HBOmax needs all the content it can get for now in order to grow and reach that plateau, but if he wants to go the route he's embarking on, the mid budget movies would have to be dropped regularly so as to retain already gotten subs...

His plan of direction is good, the problem arises when there aren't enough materials to retain already gotten subs...

Yea, I always thought Netflix was overvalued. Everyone's realising that eternal growth they've been seeing years ago has reached its peak.

Based on statistics from last year's Day and date, it was the big theatrical movies which premiered same day as streaming that were the movies which drove subscription numbers as well as viewership. Prolly main reason why WB under Jason Kilar leadership trim down their output to 10-12 movies.

Even the plan of 45 day release seems working given The Batman's performance both theatrical and streaming.
I believe they can hold more subscribers and reduce churn by producing more high profile top quality series. Also, the 45 day plan seems working in HBOMax's favour.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:21pm On May 19, 2022
Ambulance:

Hilarious, touching, nail biting with typical Michael Bay chaos. Highly recommended. I enjoyed every bit of this very entertaining movie. Jake Gyllenhaal is a superb performer, and Yayha Abdul Mateen was an equally powerful foil.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hersarhn: 9:27pm On May 19, 2022
This multiverse trend is beginning to annoy me I swr angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by trueking: 9:53pm On May 19, 2022
MORBIUS - so he got all those abilities from one injection, na wa o
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:00pm On May 19, 2022
SOZINN:

Honestly where are all of you crawling out from It's my opinion, please rest. Or better still post your own.

It's their opinion too. If their opinions agreed with yours, you wouldn't be telling them to rest. You posted your opinion, then countered yours with their opinion too.

If you don't want your posts or opinions questioned, you're better off posting in the Diary section in your personal diary.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:26pm On May 19, 2022
hersarhn:
This multiverse trend is beginning to annoy me I swr angry
lol
The concept is annoying af....

And it's just starting...
Very soon you'll start seeing "Superior Ironman", "Superior Batman" "Supreme Strange", "Strange Supreme" "Superman Prime" , "Superb superman" from earth 616

That's the current state of the comic industry...
When you can create a new interesting character...just reboot old ones

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 10:49pm On May 19, 2022
Everywhere Everything all at once

Omo, the movie is a hard watch o. After 1hr, I can't deal abeg.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:26am On May 20, 2022
The Gentlemen.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:26am On May 20, 2022
Achilles100:
Everywhere Everything all at once

Omo, the movie is a hard watch o. After 1hr, I can't deal abeg.
That's a shame. I personally enjoyed it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 5:59am On May 20, 2022
SOZINN:
Which movie comes to mind cheesy

Everything Everywhere all at Once

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:10am On May 20, 2022
This guy wey dey always show us downloading page with 2gig or 1.5gig per movie

When are you doing give away?

Abi na giveaway you dey take download grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 7:45am On May 20, 2022
**Everything, Everywhere, All at Once**

(Spoilers)

Funny, emotional, action packed, with great characters, philosophy, great story, and The Matrix references..

This film is more multiverse of madness than Doctor Strange 2. Most modern films lack the story's depth and character development, and it was all done on a $25 million budget! Imagine that! It's amazing how the story didn't fall apart in the chaos. In a world where Hollywood spits out tonnes of soulless cash grabs without taking any risks, this is a welcome surprise.@

Every character is given the opportunity to shine. Even the Karen at the office fell in love with Everlyn in another universe. The film is poignant, and the message is laid bare; Nothing matters, so everything does.

To sum up, it’s everything I expected, down to the psychedelic colours. Really lives up to its title.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:53am On May 20, 2022
abduleez1:

You mean am. George Miller? Na en I come dey ignore the trailer.
Na to check am out sure pass.

You know it may just be a potboiler (happy feet style) while he puts together the next mad max installment
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 7:54am On May 20, 2022
VerifiedStalin:
**Everything, Everywhere, All at Once**

(Spoilers)

Funny, emotional, action packed, with great characters, philosophy, great story, and The Matrix references..

This film is more multiverse of madness than Doctor Strange 2. Most modern films lack the story's depth and character development, and it was all done on a $25 million budget! Imagine that! It's amazing how the story didn't fall apart in the chaos. In a world where Hollywood spits out tonnes of soulless cash grabs without taking any risks, this is a welcome surprise.

Every character is given the opportunity to shine. Even the Karen at the office fell in love with Everlyn in another universe. The film is poignant and incredibly touching, the message is laid bare; Nothing matters, so everything does.

To sum up, it’s everything I expected, down to the psychedelic colours. Really lives up to its title.

Is it my eyes or is that woman fighting with monster dildos? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 7:57am On May 20, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Is it my eyes or is that woman fighting with monster dildos? shocked

This is one of the tamer scenes. grin

The movie is bonkers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:40am On May 20, 2022
The Lost City 2022

Excellent acting and casting. Although this is not one of Brad Pitt's, Sandra Bullock's, Daniel Radcliffe's, or Channing Tatum's best performances, the film itself is not overly demanding, and they put in just enough effort for the audience to enjoy it. It was widely assumed that this movie was a rip-off of the 2021 Jungle Cruise. Both films, in my opinion, are more dissimilar than most people realize or care to admit.

The film stays loyal to its genre and is an entertaining experience. Great usage of CGI, which greatly contributed in the building of the film's environment and breath taking action sequences. Although the plot was predictable and unoriginal, it had a good pace and fewer plot flaws than many other films I've seen this year. When things started to grow dull, the comedy was right on point and just enough to crack ribs or at least make me giggle.

Overall, it was a fun action/adventure film that could appeal to anyone. It met my personal expectations. Given the status of Hollywood movies and the genre, I had no unrealistically high preconceptions. Before I started watching, I had a good idea of how the movie would feel. By my standards, a solid seven. They did a good job because not many blockbuster movies in this category make it above mediocre.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3047) (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) ... (3914) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.