Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3051) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3745359 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) ... (3834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 9:53am On May 20, 2022
VerifiedStalin:
**Everything, Everywhere, All at Once**

(Spoilers)

Funny, emotional, action packed, with great characters, philosophy, great story, and The Matrix references..

This film is more multiverse of madness than Doctor Strange 2. Most modern films lack the story's depth and character development, and it was all done on a $25 million budget! Imagine that! It's amazing how the story didn't fall apart in the chaos. In a world where Hollywood spits out tonnes of soulless cash grabs without taking any risks, this is a welcome surprise.

Every character is given the opportunity to shine. Even the Karen at the office fell in love with Everlyn in another universe. The film is poignant and incredibly touching, the message is laid bare; Nothing matters, so everything does.

To sum up, it’s everything I expected, down to the psychedelic colours. Really lives up to its title.

Great movie. There's something I don't get though, why was Waywond seeking a divorce considering it's in his nature to fight negativity with positivity and kindness?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by RayMcBlue(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2022
SOZINN:
The Lost City 2022

Excellent acting and casting. Although this is not one of Brad Pitt's, Sandra Bullock's, Daniel Radcliffe's, or Channing Tatum's best performances, the film itself is not overly demanding, and they put in just enough effort for the audience to enjoy it. It was widely assumed that this movie was a rip-off of the 2021 Jungle Cruise. Both films, in my opinion, are more dissimilar than most people realize or care to admit.

The film stays loyal to its genre and is an entertaining experience. Great usage of CGI, which greatly contributed in the building of the film's environment and breath taking action sequences. Although the plot was predictable and unoriginal, it had a good pace and fewer plot flaws than many other films I've seen this year. When things started to grow dull, the comedy was right on point and just enough to crack ribs or at least make me giggle.

Overall, it was a fun action/adventure film that could appeal to anyone. It met my personal expectations. Given the status of Hollywood movies and the genre, I had no unrealistically high preconceptions. Before I started watching, I had a good idea of how the movie would feel. By my standards, a solid seven. They did a good job because not many blockbuster movies in this category make it above mediocre.

It was just okay. Brad Pitt is without a doubt the best part of it. Daniel Radcliffe is fun as the villain too.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 10:07am On May 20, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

(Spoilers)

Funny, emotional, action packed, with great characters, philosophy, great story, and The Matrix references..

This film is more multiverse of madness than Doctor Strange 2. Most modern films lack the story's depth and character development, and it was all done on a $25 million budget! Imagine that! It's amazing how the story didn't fall apart in the chaos. In a world where Hollywood spits out tonnes of soulless cash grabs without taking any risks, this is a welcome surprise.

Every character is given the opportunity to shine. Even the Karen at the office fell in love with Everlyn in another universe. The film is poignant and incredibly touching, the message is laid bare; Nothing matters, so everything does.

To sum up, it’s everything I expected, down to the psychedelic colours. Really lives up to its title.

Everything matters
Reminds me of the new Flashpoint beyond comic from Geoff Johns cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 11:02am On May 20, 2022
Some of the best performances I have seen from actors/actresses in a movie. Performances so good it feels they were actually showing off. lol.

1.Leonardo DiCaprio in Wolf of Wall Street
2.Jake Gynehaal in Ambulance
3.Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump
4.Anne Hathaway in Les miserables
5.Christain Bale in American Psycho and American hustle
6. DENZEL WASHINGTON in Training Day!!!
7.Margot Robbie in Wolf of Wall Street and Birds of prey
8.HEATH LEDGER in dark knight
9.Edward Norton in Primal fear
10.Russel Cronwe in A beautiful mind
11.Tom Hardy in Mad max Fury

Modified

12.Tom Hardy in the Revenant.

PS:They are not arranged in accordance of how good the performances were.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 11:09am On May 20, 2022
Everything Everywhere All At Once. 9.5/10

Omo! shocked

I liked how the actors switched from one personality to another.

Like someone said, I need the igbo and shayo the writer and director took.

Football commentators should stop saying you can't write scripts like these because this script is very crazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 11:22am On May 20, 2022
Karleb:

Omo! shocked

Football commentators should stop saying you can't write scripts like these because this script is very crazy.

So Jackie Chan was originally supposed to be the husband and he turned it down.

Jackie dey Bleep up sha.

The movie should win Oscar.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 11:30am On May 20, 2022
RayMcBlue:

Great movie. There's something I don't get though, why was Waywond seeking a divorce considering it's in his nature to fight negativity with positivity and kindness?

He was probably hoping that the shock of seeing the divorce papers would make Evelyn to stop and take the time to talk about their problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 11:36am On May 20, 2022
Purpl3:

Everything matters
Reminds me of the new Flashpoint beyond comic from Geoff Johns cheesy

I love it when writers do stuff like this. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by VerifiedStalin: 11:37am On May 20, 2022
Karleb:

Jackie dey Bleep up sha.

It's an Oscar bait for sure.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 11:55am On May 20, 2022
Aflix:
Some of the best performances I have seen from actors/actresses in a movie. Performances so good it feels they were actually showing off. lol.

1.Leonardo DiCaprio in Wolf of Wall Street
2.Jake Gynehaal & Yayha Abdul Mateen in Ambulance
3.Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump
4.Anne Hathaway in Les miserables
5.Christain Bale in American Psycho and American hustle
6. DENZEL WASHINGTON in Training Day!!!
[s]7.Margot Robbie in Wolf of Wall Street and Birds of prey[/s]
8.HEATH LEDGER in dark knight
9.Edward Norton in Primal fear
10.Russel Crowe in A beautiful mind
11.Tom Hardy Charlize Theron in Mad max Fury

PS:They are not arranged in accordance of how good the performances were.

Fixed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:00pm On May 20, 2022
GloriousGbola:

You know it may just be a potboiler (happy feet style) while he puts together the next mad max installment

True sha. I'll check out the trailer soon.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 12:04pm On May 20, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

I love it when writers do stuff like this. smiley

You be Sabi boy...I love it too
And I'm glad Geoff is back to doing what he does best.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 12:41pm On May 20, 2022
DandeNumeruno:

Fixed.
But Tom hardy was great in Mad max. I might agree with you on Margot in Wolf of Wall Street, but not on Birds of Prey. She was top notch in that movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 12:46pm On May 20, 2022
Achilles100:
Everywhere Everything all at once

Omo, the movie is a hard watch o. After 1hr, I can't deal abeg.

Okay, finally concluded this movie, its a very fine movie. I'm still sticking to the quoted statement, the first hour was very difficult to process ie the 'everything' part of the movie.

Now the 'everywhere' part of the movie is where I really enjoyed the movie. So much emotion been processed.

Part 1 - 4/10
Part 2 - 9/10
Part 3 - 7/10.

Best planet: The Rock planet, thoroughly enjoyed the conversation that ensued on that planet.
Worst planet: Sausage hands, just disgusting.

Utter ridiculousness: The pinky with the muscle, like common.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 12:48pm On May 20, 2022
Karleb:

Jackie dey Bleep up sha.

Some of the action moves the husband did reminded me of Jackie Chan.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kullyghuy: 1:58pm On May 20, 2022
I am watching this classic old Nigeria movie called Guy Man on YouTube and it's very funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3JYoYuEVU

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kalemaatt(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2022
There are several websites where you can watch your favourite movies and TV showes for free. Some of those websites are in English and others are in Arabic. For example, this pages contains a list of movie sites where you can watch films in Arabic. https://kalemaatt.com/ar/%D9%85%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%82%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%81%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%AC%D9%85%D8%A9/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:21pm On May 20, 2022
E don happen

They've done Superman's son...they've done batman...I think they've done superman too..
Who else is left?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 4:25pm On May 20, 2022
Aflix:
But Tom hardy was great in Mad max. I might agree with you on Margot in Wolf of Wall Street, but not on Birds of Prey. She was top notch in that movie.

Tom Hardy delivered a premium performance together with Charlize Theron. He reminded us of Captain Jack Sparrow. cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:38pm On May 20, 2022
The Bad Guys-

Very entertaining animated movie about change. No matter how bad you are, you can change. Or some sentimental shit_ like that grin

Bottom line is the movie is very entertaining. Laughed in a lot places
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 4:55pm On May 20, 2022
Aflix:

Tom Hardy grunted and mumbled his way through the film. Certainly not one of his most memorable performance. Charlize Theron on the other hand was incredible. She was instantly believable as a one armed but formidable Furiosa. Nicholas Hoult also put in a career high performance as the crazed, half-life warboy, Nux. Him and Theron are my MVP of that film.

Margot Robbie put in a cringe-inducing performance as Harley Quinn. I had a second embarrassment watching her over-act her way through that shit-fest of a film. Between her Harley Quinn and Jared Leto' s Joker, I honestly can't tell which one is worse.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
Everything everywhere all at once 10/10

This movie brings a new meaning to existence , nothing matters and everything matter at the same time if the multiverse concept is actually a thing then whatever you in this like might be ok smiley do what makes you feel happy no matter what it takes

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 4:58pm On May 20, 2022
Karleb:

Omo! shocked

I swear the writer is something else , this movie na the real multiverse of madness
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2022
DandeNumeruno:

Tom Hardy grunted and mumbled his way through the film. Certainly not one of his most memorable performance. Charlize Theron on the other hand was incredible. She was instantly believable as a one armed but formidable Furiosa. Nicholas Hoult also put in a career high performance as the crazed, half-life warboy, Nux. Him and Theron are my MVP of that film.

Margot Robbie put in a cringe-inducing performance as Harley Quinn. I had a second embarrassment watching her over-act her way through that shit-fest of a film. Between her Harley Quinn and Jared Leto' s Joker, I honestly can't tell which one is worse.
Granted, Tom Hardy mumbled through out the movie. I don’t think he said up to five lines, but whenever he’s on screen, he steals the scene. That says a lot. He wasn’t meant to much in the movie.

Charlize Theron was great as well, but I prefer Hardy’s performance to hers. His was more memorable to me.

I have to disagree with you again on Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. I still maintain that she was great in that role.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aflix(m): 5:19pm On May 20, 2022
Dotng:

Tom Hardy delivered a premium performance together with Charlize Theron. He reminded us of Captain Jack Sparrow. cheesy
I don’t know about him reminding me of Jack Sparrow. What I do know of is his premium performance. To think he did so without talking through most of the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 5:44pm On May 20, 2022
The Lost City (2022).....4/10

Spoilers!!!

Movie was going great until they decided to kill off the best actor in the film. it was a borefest from there on out.

I kept looking at the time, something I never do when a movie is interesting. the jokes were stale and none of them landed.

Sandra Bullocks is like a shrinkled old witch with her flat brez, she's the antithesis of sexy.

There is nothing to enjoy in the film sef. The villain is a little boy with beard.

What a waste of my data and time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 6:07pm On May 20, 2022
8 / 10

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 6:11pm On May 20, 2022
IbrahimMav:
The Lost City (2022).....4/10

Spoilers!!!

Movie was going great until they decided to kill off the best actor in the film. it was a borefest from there on out.

I kept looking at the time, something I never do when a movie is interesting. the jokes were stale and none of them landed.

Sandra Bullocks is like a shrinkled old witch with her flat brez, she's the antithesis of sexy.

There is nothing to enjoy in the film sef. The villain is a little boy with beard.

What a waste of my data and time.

The film be like when them serve you better party jolly but e nor reach you.

There are some sides the writer has refused to explore due to laziness.

Killing Trainer was a mistake but there would be a part two and Trainer is coming. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:29pm On May 20, 2022
Achilles100:
Everywhere Everything all at once

Omo, the movie is a hard watch o. After 1hr, I can't deal abeg.

Quantum Physics is not for everybody.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:31pm On May 20, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

(Spoilers)

This film is more multiverse of madness than Doctor Strange 2. Most modern films lack the story's depth and character development, and it was all done on a $25 million budget! Imagine that! It's amazing how the story didn't fall apart in the chaos. In a world where Hollywood spits out tonnes of soulless cash grabs without taking any risks, this is a welcome surprise.@

Every character is given the opportunity to shine. Even the Karen at the office fell in love with Everlyn in another universe. The film is poignant, and the message is laid bare; Nothing matters, so everything does.

Oscars consideration?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 7:40pm On May 20, 2022
RayMcBlue:

Spoiler Alert!!!! Close your eyes.

It's a positive to act to him.

Him probably thinking she would be happier without him.

And knowing that marrying her hampered her career growth, and further alienated her from her father.

Divorce was an act of kindness to him.

That being said, EVERY MAN HAS THEIR BREAKING POINT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 50d33q: 7:46pm On May 20, 2022
I just they download no time to watch them angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (3048) (3049) (3050) (3051) (3052) (3053) (3054) ... (3834) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.