Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3732221 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3105) (3106) (3107) (3108) (3109) (3110) (3111) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2022
Dotng:
Can some please explain what the ending of the Multiverse of Madness implies?
What part of the ending?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2022
durubennie:

Who is this bizzaro
Superman’s clone. A literal opposite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
AnfieldFan:

They didn't fight in house of M, that Wanda is O.P.. Though it's been retconed a bit...Chaos magic Wanda ..I remember when this debate was had on Comic vine...Good ol' days . cheesy

Also, when Red skull manipulated Thor into attacking Wanda in Avengers, she BFR'd him...

RKT Thor is in a different stratosphere though..

The BFR was as a result of her getting her ass handed to her, she had no answer to his durability. And nigga wasn't even thinking straight.

Scarlett is just better off avoiding a face to face with Thor grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
Dotng:
Can some please explain what the ending of the Multiverse of Madness implies?
nothing...
Wanda isn't dead...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
durubennie:
Who is this bizzaro
A cloned superman that's evil.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Didn't Wanda show Thor a vision that foreshadowed Asgard's destruction in Age of Ultron..With Heimdall specifically telling Thor he would lead them to destruction, which culminated in Thor sacrificing Asgard to defeat Hela in Ragnarok...Maybe I'm mistaken, a bit hazy on the details...

You're right...her telepathy was the catalyst to that vision that caused him to leave the battle field.

I must mention tho that he wasn't mind fvcked, he left cos he felt it was more urgent and PIS.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

The BFR was as a result of her getting her ass handed to her, she had no answer to his durability. And nigga wasn't even thinking straight.

Scarlett is just better off avoiding a face to face with Thor grin

Her ass handed to her is extreme hyperbole, She turned his lightning to flowers..
But Thor na mad man shaa, e too strong..Bfr was the only option...
For the purposes of this argument, a comparison should be drawn between House of M Wanda and Multiverse of Madness Wanda...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:29pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

You're right...her telepathy was the catalyst to that vision that closed him to leave the battle field.

I was mention tho that he wasn't mind fvcked, he left cos he felt it was more urgent and PIS.
I was wondering if I conflated two separate events..Cause the way my man take enter me, e shock me grin grin

My point has been proved, she can affect gods...Her affecting Thor isn't Pis though, it's not as of Ultron meant for them to face off physically..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Her ass handed to her is extreme hyperbole, She turned his lightning to flowers..
But Thor na mad man shaa, e too strong..Bfr was the only option...
For the purposes of this argument, a comparison should be drawn between House of M Wanda and Multiverse of Madness Wanda...

House of M Wanda is Omniversal with her warping

MOM Wanda is Multiversal...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
AnfieldFan:

I was wondering if I conflated two separate events..Cause the way my man take enter me, e shock me grin grin

My point has been proved, she can affect gods...Her affecting Thor isn't Pis though, it's not as of Ultron meant for them to face off physically..

It's PIS cos nothing was stopping Thor from standing his ground and remaining in battle mode while looking into the Asgard matter later.
Instead he ran off while Hulk who was actually mind fvcked(that's what a mind fvck looks like) took Stark away with him too making Ultron and Wanda win that round so that credits won't roll immediately grin
That's PIS bro
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

Tell this to Calibrator, MCU Wanda hasn't even done half of what House of M did..

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:40pm On Jun 25, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Tell this to Calibrator, MCU Wanda hasn't even done half of what House of M did..

Nah...but let's not scale them with comics.
Let's scale them according to how the MCU has portrayed them.
Remember in Dark world Thor shrugged off the ether from a dark elf like it was nothing and he wasn't even awakened yet...
This is the raw source of Scarlett's powers o.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:44pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

It's PIS cos nothing was stopping Thor from standing his ground and remaining in battle mode while looking into the Asgard matter later.
Instead he ran off while Hulk who was actually mind fvcked(that's what a mind fvck looks like) took Stark away with him too making Ultron and Wanda win that round so that credits won't roll immediately grin
That's PIS bro

What he did later isn't the issue, the issue is " Was Wanda able to affect Thor who is a god?
Answer-Yes..

That's why I asked why you think her affecting him is Pis, I was basically asking for any prior anti-feat that would discredit what she did to Thor ..

On to the story Itself, It was more than a Vision(atleast to Thor), Thor knew it was real..Like it wasn't just something to distract him, he knew this was more than that.. Almost like a yet to happen reality..This justifies him leaving to tend to the more important detail(Asgard)..
Asgard was destroyed in Ragnarok which means Thor felt it viscerally...

Rampaging Hulk was the Endgame all along, get him rampaging in the City which would in turn get Iron Man to leave in order to contain him...

Ultron needed a quick getaway and the plan was solid..

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

Nah...but let's not scale them with comics.
Let's scale them according to how the MCU has portrayed them.
Remember in Dark world Thor shrugged off the ether from a dark elf like it was nothing and he wasn't even awakened yet...
This is the raw source of Scarlett's powers o.

An aether blast is different from reality warping...Wanda doesn't have any anti feat that negates what she did in MoM..
Also, this Wanda is Darkhold amped..

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2022
AnfieldFan:

What he did later isn't the issue, the issue is " Was Wanda able to affect Thor who is a god?
Answer-Yes..

That's why I asked why you think her affecting him is Pis, I was basically asking for any prior anti-feat that would discredit what she did to Thor ..

On to the story Itself, It was more than a Vision(atleast to Thor), Thor knew it was real..Like it wasn't just something to distract him, he knew this was more than that.. Almost like a yet to happen reality..This justifies him leaving to tend to the more important detail(Asgard)..
Asgard was destroyed in Ragnarok which means Thor felt it viscerally...

Rampaging Hulk was the Endgame all along, get him rampaging in the City which would in turn get Iron Man to leave in order to contain him...

Ultron needed a quick getaway and the plan was solid..

Now that Asgard is destroyed and his babe is strong now let's see them face off again undecided
Perhaps she will show him getting fat again and make him run off to the gym...it was PIS bro.

Thank God for MCU's continuity sha.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Purpl3: 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
AnfieldFan:

An aether blast is different from reality warping...Wanda doesn't have any anti feat that negates what she did in MoM..
Also, this Wanda is Darkhold amped..

The ether was the reality infinity stone, a blast from it is raw reality warping.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

Now that Asgard is destroyed and his babe is strong now let's see them face off again undecided
Perhaps she will show him getting fat again and make him run off to the gym...it was PIS bro.

Thank God for MCU's continuity sha.

I've just explained the logic, I don't agree with you..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DandeNumeruno(m): 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

I thought analysts said Top gun would crack 1Bn?

It's on course.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AnfieldFan: 9:06pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

The ether was the reality infinity stone, a blast from it is raw reality warping.
I Know, but the Aether seems to possess some consciousness, to just be left alone and not go all out against those not perceived to be threats...This happens when wielded by lesser beings though, someone strong enough could completely subdue it, like Thanos..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:10pm On Jun 25, 2022
Purpl3:

Which feat in MoM puts Wanda at multiversal?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WetinIsabi: 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
potland:
but you went to the cinema to watch tom and jerry live

Never did such a thing. I haven't watch Tom and Jerry in years!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2022
RRR 7/10

I would have given it a 7.5 but I wasn't really pleased with the ending

It's the usual Indian movie with overacting, dancing and over-the-top action scenes...

Where it does well is it's plot...I went in with zero expectations but was actually surprised
I also realized these characters seem to be figures in their folktales and folk songs...so it's actually expected they'd be treated like they aren't human

The over the top action scenes are actually understandable when you view them as folk symbols and not normal humans... especially considering the lyrics of some of the songs used.
The creativity in the unrealistic fights actually impressed me grin

The ending was just somehow for me...I expected them to rile up supporters and lead the attack but instead they did it all on their own...

The plot point with the kind English lady also went nowhere

Overall the core idea and plot were good...
It just mostly suffered from the Indian movie troupe...but if Indians who it's made for aren't complaining about those...then who am I?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Delacroix6(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2022
Calibrator:
MCU is making mockery of some characters.. Na him dey cause all this see finish.

The Boys showed how characters power ranking should be.. Neuman, the show head popper can't dare to pop Homelander's head because she knows she just can't because her being a mere mortal, she just don't have the durability to pull such feat off.

Why put a weak glass mortal against the goddess of death? Wanda has a death wish?

Wanda magic will not affect gods like Hela and Thor same way it will easily overwhelm mutants and superpowered mortals like Strange and Black Bolt.

Hela will just look at her waving up and down, walk through the spell like it is nothing and impale her, then walk away to seek more worthy foes.

They are only gods in Asgard not on Earth...
She's not the real goddess of death. She's only the goddes of death in Asgard
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Delacroix6(m): 11:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Baddestguyp:
so in summary, power ranking in MCU is a mess?

And the plot convenience is funny sha...
Spiderman outwitting Dr Strange in his own dimension...I still can't forgive this angry

That scene was so damn lame.
The mirror dimension is just geometry? You are good at geometry... Fuckin' lazy writing.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Delacroix6(m): 11:59pm On Jun 25, 2022
potland:
apart from being a nerd, is spiderman smart like bruce banner?

Spiderman iss just a high schooler .
Bruce is as fuckin professor professor.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Delacroix6(m): 12:00am On Jun 26, 2022
potland:
is homelander in any way related to superman?

He's a parody of superman.
Every Characters in The boys comics are parodies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 6:05am On Jun 26, 2022
Delacroix6:

Spiderman iss just a high schooler .
Bruce is as fuckin professor professor.
do you he Bruce banner is the fourth most intelligent person on Earth and cannot be measured on IQ
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 6:08am On Jun 26, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
who cloned him?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by durubennie(m): 6:42am On Jun 26, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
From krypton?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 7:18am On Jun 26, 2022
Comics in the mud cheesy

Earth is one of the realms under Asgard protection.

Now you know!
Delacroix6:

They are only gods in Asgard not on Earth... She's not the real goddess of death. She's only the goddes of death in Asgard
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
so in summary, power ranking in MCU is a mess?

And the plot convenience is funny sha...
Spiderman outwitting Dr Strange in his own dimension...I still can't forgive this angry

I hate �Spiderman before.. That shit made me hate him more grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2022
Do you guys know that Wanda single handedly would have killed Thanos.. If Thanos didn't order the rain fire.

Wanda will mud hela even before she can swing her hands..

Don't forget what happened to blackbolt grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3105) (3106) (3107) (3108) (3109) (3110) (3111) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: phr0nesis(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.