Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3782806 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3298) (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) ... (3844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2022
IbrahimMav:

Seems like you underestimated The Batman whilst overestimating Thor 4.
Which is very peculiar, seeing as The Batman is a much superior film.
It also is a testament to Marvel superior PR.
It doesn't bode well for DC when a mediocre film like Thor 4 could gross a comparable revenue to their Marque IP.

Not really underestimated The Batman. I have been campaigning here for a long time for it hitting a billion. It was that annoying WarnerMedia useless CEO with his stupid decision that kneecapped that movie.

Thor 4 is a sequel to a successful trilogy. The Batman is a start-up movie in a different Universe asides from another Batman parading in the DCEU. Then there's still talk of another Batman — Michael Keaton's.

You can't really compare a sequel to an origin movie. Also, Thor is a recognizable character as well as Batman and also has Cinematic Universe behind it. The Batman didn't have that.
The only reason The Batman didn't gross way above that gross or hit 1bn is because of Jason Kilar's questionable decision to put it on streaming in 45days. What makes it the more annoying is ppl already knew it would hit streaming in 45days way before the movie even premiered.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
abduleez1:

I'll make sure to keep you on my list of mockery when time comes. grin grin

That movie no dey smell one billion. Forget am.
The first movie relied on it being a novel idea. Whoa "Blacks are one powerful race with world dominating technology the world has never seen".

Na that Lamba make dem dey whine themselves with that Academy nomination.

This time eyes don clear.
Ah well, time will tell. If Thor, Love and Nonsense can gross above 600 million ahn ahn Bros you sef think am now.

Sentiment is what always drive Marvel movies most of the times, and I believe it might work for them again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IbrahimMav: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2022
abduleez1:

Yea. X is the better movie.

But I dey wonder why almost nobody talked about Pearl since before I drop rating. I was beginning to think the movie went below movie watchers radar here. Cus na only one review I see last month before mine and no adjoining discussion.

it didn't make an impression probably.
For a slasher horror it took awhile for things to really kick off.
So I understand why it might not be everyone's cup of tea.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2022
AnfieldFan:

He's production company and it's subsidiaries worked on the movie, that inflated it's budget I think....

The Rock's plan was to have Supes face off vs BA, thereby skipping Shazam( didn't do a cameo in Shazam)
I wonder if it will work out the same considering the movie's B.O and Gunn being in charge...

Yep, I'm aware 7Bucks was a production company to it. Still doesn't mean anything.
Other DC movies also have multiple production companies working on them. In fact many movies has this. There's no inflating any budget. His production company was definitely going to join from the start. I knew that even before movie started shooting sef.

Simply put, The Rock was given too much leverage and free hand to determine how the movie go.

I like Gunn being in charge and putting him in his place. Dude was just mouthing off "The hierarchy of power is about to change" without changing the hierarchy of writers. angry Now I ain't even motivated to see the movie in theatres.
Johnson earned a fat pay of $30mn as an actor and would still get other gratuity since he's a producer as well.

I think they just increased the budget cos it's the Rock and assuming he'd make big bucks as well as wanting to please him. It's now clearly evident in today's era, only a top actor can't sell a movie.

His disgust for Shazam is also funny. I'm somewhat weirdly happy his movie ain't all that and he'd have to cooperate with Shazam no matter what. His priority should be facing Shazam first before Supes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2022
ShaqFu:
Ah well, time will tell. If Thor, Love and Nonsense can gross above 600 million ahn ahn Bros you sef think am now.

Sentiment is what always drive Marvel movies most of the times, and I believe it might work for them again.

How you people seem to forget Avatar 2 is just 4 weeks away just like Wakanda Forever to Black Adam.

Thor 4 is a fourth movie installment. It definitely won't just evaporate bro. Even the wildly panned Thor 2 — The Dark World still had almost $600mn. So there's no way Thor 4 was gonna flop.

If BP had all the time to itself, maybe. But December has big movie competition. So no, no billion dollars for it. cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
Beorn:

Batman would've likely made a billion if not for that stupid decision to take it straight to streaming. It was still riding high on its positive reviews and had momentum. This is one of the most stupid decisions I've seen from WB.

They'd have milked every penny out of it at the cinema.

That man Jason Kilar should've been tried in a law court for undermining the movie. Imagine Batman not hitting at least $400mn in US box office.

He undercut all WB movies just to propel HBOMax.
The only reason I'm happy with Zaslav for stopping that nonsense.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2022
AnfieldFan:

We don't need another 1.7 billion prediction here grin grin

Anyways, I took a peep on DCeu's thread, you guys are salty grin grin grin

ofcourse I'm salty grin
I dey try manifest shit wey no gree manifest cos of an unfair bias.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2022
abduleez1:

grin grin

Pu7pl3 wey that remaining $900mn for Black Adam dey come from. It's not even the BO gross that's really annoying but the amount they spent on producing it. I honestly don't know why WB gave The Rock $200mn to splurge on shït especially on a first character appearance movie.

A $120-150mn budget woulda worked best. If I was in charge, that movie no fit collect pass $130mn adjusted for inflation.

That movie needed all the money it could get bruh, CGI has to be on point. 200m was okay.
You should be blaming all the unfair criticism it's been receiving, word of mouth was too poor for no reason.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2022
abduleez1:

Yep, I'm aware 7Bucks was a production company to it. Still doesn't mean anything.
Other DC movies also have multiple production companies working on them. In fact many movies has this. There's no inflating any budget. His production company was definitely going to join from the start. I knew that even before movie started shooting sef.

Simply put, The Rock was given too much leverage and free hand to determine how the movie go.

I like Gunn being in charge and putting him in his place. Dude was just mouthing off "The hierarchy of power is about to change" without changing the hierarchy of writers. angry Now I ain't even motivated to see the movie in theatres.
Johnson earned a fat pay of $30mn as an actor and would still get other gratuity since he's a producer as well.

I think they just increased the budget cos it's the Rock and assuming he'd make big bucks as well as wanting to please him. It's now clearly evident in today's era, only a top actor can't sell a movie.

His disgust for Shazam is also funny. I'm somewhat weirdly happy his movie ain't all that and he'd have to cooperate with Shazam no matter what. His priority should be facing Shazam first before Supes.

He can still face both of them at the same time bruh...
The writers did nothing wrong, this was exactly how a first black Adam movie should have panned out storywise.

You should go and see it for yourself before judging.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2022
pu7pl3:

Kilar wey dey do like person wey dey chop weed.

That one na mad man.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2022
ShaqFu:
The Internet never forgets!
AnfieldFan:

For your sake, I hope they're nice feathers... grin grin
Lol
Weldone o. See how you are wishing your fellow man poops feathers. grin
1 bill nonetheless
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2022
pu7pl3:

That movie needed all the money it could get bruh, CGI has to be on point. 200m was okay.
You should be blaming all the unfair criticism it's been receiving, word of mouth was too poor for no reason.

I still think $150mn is more than enough to do anything they want in that movie. Aquaman was around $175mn, while Wonder Woman was $150mn.
Look at Dune's budget. If that movie could do all that visual feast for $165mn even with that humongous top A-List cast and also earning academy awards and nominations for its visuals, costume and design; then Black Adam had no reason to be as big as a tentpole DC movie. Not for a relatively unknown character and a first movie.

You expect critics to give BA a Dwayne Johnson DC flick a favourable rating when Black Panther was 3 weeks away? If Thor: Love and Nonsense could get around 60% RT score, then you'd see how bias these w@nkers can be.
Most of the reviews you'd see it's just pure vitriol and hate they spewing and not anything to do with professional criticism.

With that inconsistent rating I think critics identities should be made very public... I ain't talking about the few popular ones. So they can come and defend their opinions online.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:13pm On Nov 14, 2022
pu7pl3:

He can still face both of them at the same time bruh...
The writers did nothing wrong, this was exactly how a first black Adam movie should have panned out storywise.

You should go and see it for yourself before judging.

Aight. I go hold my thoughts first till I see the movie.

I hear from scoopers Dwayne isn't characteristically happy to be much associated with Shazam. Man just focused on facing Supes. It's actually funny cos Shazam is the character he should be more importantly focusing on.
I hear a Black Adam 2 script is already finished sef. grin

What leads credence to some of this is that man hasn't even acknowledged Shazam. It's more like Shazam is in a pocket universe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
phr0nesis:

Lol
Weldone o. See how you are wishing your fellow man poops feathers. grin
1 bill nonetheless

How do you shït your feathers? Hot or cold? grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2022
The vow

10/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ilamina(f): 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2022
Transformers 1

Just so posh
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2022
Mecka:
That reminds me. Between american english and british english which do you prefer in film?

I don't really mind much the type of English either British, American or Aussie.
But my preferred would be American anyway since I mostly consume yank shows.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
abduleez1:

I don't really mind much the type of English either British, American or Aussie.
But my preferred would be American anyway since I mostly consume yank shows.

Freedom fries liker

Do you also like Fahrenheit, inches, pounds, miles, gallons and other associated freedom units cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
That’s one way to say it grin grin

Another way would be that Shuri took advantage of his physiological weakness

Oh so he has a physiological weakness?!

MCU stans on Twitter were comparing the Namor guy to Aquaman, like he could beat him on land cuz he's faster and has the ability to fly and sh!t grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2022
abduleez1:

I still think $150mn is more than enough to do anything they want in that movie. Aquaman was around $175mn, while Wonder Woman was $150mn.
Look at Dune's budget. If that movie could do all that visual feast for $165mn even with that humongous top A-List cast and also earning academy awards and nominations for its visuals, costume and design; then Black Adam had no reason to be as big as a tentpole DC movie. Not for a relatively unknown character and a first movie.

You expect critics to give BA a Dwayne Johnson DC flick a favourable rating when Black Panther was 3 weeks away? If Thor: Love and Nonsense could get around 60% RT score, then you'd see how bias these w@nkers can be.
Most of the reviews you'd see it's just pure vitriol and hate they spewing and not anything to do with professional criticism.

With that inconsistent rating I think critics identities should be made very public... I ain't talking about the few popular ones. So they can come and defend their opinions online.

COVID may have something to do with the big budget....That is, if it was indeed filmed during COVID

Batman originally had a 100m budget, COVID came and the budget rose to $200m
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2022
Ouch....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2022
Lol, why are people hating on Cursed Child? grin

Seems it's the absolute worst of the books.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2022
abduleez1:
Ouch....

I think this franchise can still do well....on streaming like all those Star Wars shows

I don't think general audience are ready for a pirates movie without Johnny Depp
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2022
BlackManta:

COVID may have something to do with the big budget....That is, if it was indeed filmed during COVID

Batman originally had a 100m budget, COVID came and the budget rose to $200m

Black Adam wasn't filmed in the height of COVID. The Batman was and to an extent The Flash. The Batman was right in the eye of the storm. Batman was supposed to release in 2021.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2022
BlackManta:

I think this franchise can still do well....on streaming like all those Star Wars shows

I don't think general audience are ready for a pirates movie without Johnny Depp

TRUE.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2022
BlackManta:

Oh so he has a physiological weakness?!

MCU stans on Twitter were comparing the Namor guy to Aquaman, like he could beat him on land cuz he's faster and has the ability to fly and sh!t grin

And how will Aquaman be able to beat Namor?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
Lol grin
Don't hate on art just because you made dog shit. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2022
Really anticipating Flash.
Wanna see how it resets the DCU proper.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
A Cthulu Mythos universe would slap hard.
Imagine a Lovecraftian Cinematic Universe.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Freedom fries liker

Do you also like Fahrenheit, inches, pounds, miles, gallons and other associated freedom units cheesy

Lol, I don't like US metric system tho. Shït is kinda confusing. Well, we were brought up with British metric system so I understand.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2022
I really enjoyed the trilogy while I was a kid.
Wonder how Hollywood hasn't mapped this one for milking all these years.

Greta is a remarkable director so she's greatly trusted.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hopefulLandlord: 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2022
Pokerface
shit film that wasted almost 2 hours of my life I'd never get back

(1) (2) (3) ... (3298) (3299) (3300) (3301) (3302) (3303) (3304) ... (3844) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.