Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3763143 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3408) (3409) (3410) (3411) (3412) (3413) (3414) ... (3838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
abduleez1:
What the actual _fvvk??
i'm i the only one that's neva seen zootopia b4?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by camri: 8:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
Nova15:
shocked
they both fΓΉcked their female friends in real life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
Indian market drags it down...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
Indian market drags it down...

And this is just the beginning
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by freezyprinzy(m): 1:00am On Feb 10, 2023
OhBritannia:
Dark October is 10/10 for me.

Shiiit mehn, how can Linda Ikeji make a mature man like me to be brought to tears 😭😭😭😭😭😭 just like that?
Hard man, hard man, this movie broke the water falls in my face and water start dropping out from my eyes.

Movie isn't for the faint hearted. I am not sure any of the families and friends of the 4 students can watch this movie. I don't even recommend this movie to any close families and friends of the 4 students burnt to death, because the movie is going to mess them up mentally and emotionally.

Anyways back to the movie, forget about the quality, this is not a movie where you should begin to judge based on Western standard, just focus on the message this movie has passed.

Jungle justice in NIGERIA has taken lots and lots of Innocent lives

There should be a law in our constitution that forbids jungle justice.
There should be a program, an enlightenment program to all the rural and local areas in NIGERIA, to those uneducated folks in our local areas in NIGERIA on the need to say No to jungle justice.
Our local chiefs and kings needs to be enlightened.

The need to stop jungle justice should be a Federal emergency and utmost priority.

Kudos to Linda Ikeji because personally this movie is Oscar worthy, i swear down.

All the students and Linda Ikeji needs to take all the awards and Oscars because this is one of the best movies in recent Nigeria history.

The injury makeup, the burning of the cars, the protest, the destroying of cars etc were epic. Kudos to all the crew and more oil on the head of Linda Ikeji.

Beautiful message passed across and the need to use black berry phones to make calls in the movie was an extraordinary move and idea since the jungle justice happened in 2012.
That was an extraordinary ideaπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Like i said this movie is 10/10 and the best Nigeria movie in recent times.

It's unfortunate that Nigerians don't accept their own because this movie is in the same class with movies like saraphina of south Africa.

How i wish i can kiss Linda Ikeji right now 😎😎😎😎😎.

And for those saying she shouldn't have made the movie, please y'all should stop being hypocritical. How many western historically sad movies and series have you watched and praised?

Don't be a hypocrite.
✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️
Sha no break the dick

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by sprints1: 2:00am On Feb 10, 2023
OhBritannia:
Dark October is 10/10 for me.

Shiiit mehn, how can Linda Ikeji make a mature man like me to be brought to tears 😭😭😭😭😭😭 just like that?
Hard man, hard man, this movie broke the water falls in my face and water start dropping out from my eyes.

Movie isn't for the faint hearted. I am not sure any of the families and friends of the 4 students can watch this movie. I don't even recommend this movie to any close families and friends of the 4 students burnt to death, because the movie is going to mess them up mentally and emotionally.

Anyways back to the movie, forget about the quality, this is not a movie where you should begin to judge based on Western standard, just focus on the message this movie has passed.

Jungle justice in NIGERIA has taken lots and lots of Innocent lives

There should be a law in our constitution that forbids jungle justice.
There should be a program, an enlightenment program to all the rural and local areas in NIGERIA, to those uneducated folks in our local areas in NIGERIA on the need to say No to jungle justice.
Our local chiefs and kings needs to be enlightened.

The need to stop jungle justice should be a Federal emergency and utmost priority.

Kudos to Linda Ikeji because personally this movie is Oscar worthy, i swear down.

All the students and Linda Ikeji needs to take all the awards and Oscars because this is one of the best movies in recent Nigeria history.

The injury makeup, the burning of the cars, the protest, the destroying of cars etc were epic. Kudos to all the crew and more oil on the head of Linda Ikeji.

Beautiful message passed across and the need to use black berry phones to make calls in the movie was an extraordinary move and idea since the jungle justice happened in 2012.
That was an extraordinary ideaπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Like i said this movie is 10/10 and the best Nigeria movie in recent times.

It's unfortunate that Nigerians don't accept their own because this movie is in the same class with movies like saraphina of south Africa.

How i wish i can kiss Linda Ikeji right now 😎😎😎😎😎.

And for those saying she shouldn't have made the movie, please y'all should stop being hypocritical. How many western historically sad movies and series have you watched and praised?

Don't be a hypocrite.
✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️
calm down comparing that gargbage to sarafina. Sarafina is miles ahead.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 9:16am On Feb 10, 2023
Black Panther: WF. 9/10.

My internet was acting up so I clicked this to test my connection. I was entertained from start to finish.

I long concluded that people on the internet are timid individuals whose words are both unneeded and irrelevant in real world conversations. This makes them lash out by posting vitriol whenever triggered over something. Marvel movies are mainstream. They are prone to receiving the ire of incels. See CrossFit, β€œjunk” food, the LGBTQ, black rights and many others for example. I will view films henceforth with an open mind free from prior criticism. What matters in the end is if one was entertained.

Costumes: A+.

Soundtrack: A+.

Story: A+. I could suggest a little here and there, but I am not a movie writer.

Pacing: A. The movie was two hours and thirty minutes. It felt a little over ninety minutes to me.

VFX: Okay. Digital elephants were unnecessary since real ones could be used. Maybe CGI was cheaper in that aspect. With Avatar perfecting acting in water, we may experience realistically grounded Talokans in the next movie. Then again, James Cameron has utilized underwater acting since times-before-many-here-were-born and the method still isn’t mainstream.

Two things which pulled me out were:

1. β€œImperious Rex.” This was dumb. I know Coogan yielded to pressure from higher ups to include it. Yes, it is Namor’s battle cry. However, in this iteration, he’s a fourteenth century Mayan. He literally predated archeology. Wait till another appearance where he’ll pick the phrase after experiencing the modern world.

2. T’Challa Jnr. Highly unnecessary. It was hinted in the first movie that a relationship had long sailed between Nakai and T’Challa. This character was shoehorned for an in case reason.

I regretted not watching this in the cinema.

The director could explain T’Challa’s death as vibranium poisoning. In real life strange occurrences take place. I don’t see why the MCU would prove any different. Adamantium poisoning worked unopposed in Logan.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 9:18am On Feb 10, 2023
M3gan. 7 - 8/10.

Chucky’s niece done right. If 2019’s Child’s Play was this exciting, I wouldn’t delete that waste of data after twelve minutes. Kai, every idiot reimagined Chucky into a bigger buffoon with every installment. I want a sequel tomorrow. I’m hyped for the imaginable potentials. James Wan never disappoints.

Things which bugged me in this were:

1. It was never shown how M3gan learned to intimidate people. It got the routine to a t.

2. Why Gemma kept treating M3gan like a real human. It was a tool after all.

3. M3gan’s inconsistent weight and height. In some scenes, its footsteps thud, meaning it weighs at least forty pounds. In others it’s carried or dragged no different from a rag doll.

It was claimed M3gan stood four feet tall. The android looked at least five in most scenes.

4. Water as a weakness. WTF. Cheap.

5. M3gan’s titanium core. It was mentioned God knows how many times in the movie only to add nothing in the end. I expected it to prove challenging when time came to destroy the android, but meh, M3gan went down as easy as a weakened Chucky.

6. Removal of the samurai pose with the paper cutter. What they opted for was lacklustre.

7. M3gan’s skin. In some scenes, plastic. In others, silicon.

8. A doll as opposed to an android. M3gan was military grade technology. Calling it a doll was cheapening.

9. This wasn’t an issue, I actually loved it; M3gan’s hair. After action it’s rough and strewn. In the proceeding scene the hair is pristine. Was it Cady who groomed it or M3gan? The producers mentioned M3gan dresses itself, I believe it did the same for the hair. I loved all its outfits. I wanted to see more designs. Thank God for part two.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 9:20am On Feb 10, 2023
Puss In Boots. 6.8/10.

Okay movie. I planned to watch it in the cinema. Life had other plans. It was an enjoyable plot which left me wondering what got everyone hyped. Death was no different β€” if not a tier lower β€” compared to MCU bad guys. Panic attacks featured in a movie were cool concepts which will get ironed out in upcoming movie releases. I felt they could go darker with Jack Horner.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 9:21am On Feb 10, 2023
Dark October.

I watched a recap because I no go subject myself to Naija film unless e worth am. Anybody who complains that Linda Ikeji exploited the story is an enemy of progress. I found it hard to believe both sides of the divide were touched in the movie. The average Nigerian will rather demonize the community as a whole for what happened. If the parents manage to watch this, they will feel relieved that their sons were documented semi positively in their final days of existence. Linda has played her part in making the series of incidents mainstream. Our government is useless and will do nothing regarding jungle justice because it doesn’t affect them. Make poor man continue to kill poor man. E no fit spoil their cash flow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 9:22am On Feb 10, 2023
Mad God.

Weird movie. I kept contemplating to stop watching, but the runtime was short enough to power through. I knew there would be no pay-off so watched it for the ride. This is one movie truly out of time. It would sit well in 1992/1993 with movies and music videos of the time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by meobizy(f): 9:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Knock At The Cabin is currently showing in cinemas. Knowing the financial state of the nine year olds here, it’s understandable why no one has reviewed the film yet. When it hits the high seas, I expect ten pages of debate for an obvious reason.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 10:20am On Feb 10, 2023
Knock at the Cabin- 7/10
Although I still can't believe Shyamalamn still has a job after Avatar; but I still stand on the ground that he's still one of my best directors of all time.
Bautista displayed class in this movie; not giving spoilers tho, but this is one of his best performances till date
The creativity of the movie is amazing buh the progress of the story is not as compelling and can be confusing buh still a fun to watch

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 11:35am On Feb 10, 2023
meobizy:
Knock At The Cabin is currently showing in cinemas. Knowing the financial state of the nine year olds here, it’s understandable why no one has reviewed the film yet. When it hits the high seas, I expect ten pages of debate for an obvious reason.

You think it's every movie people go to cinema to watch?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:47am On Feb 10, 2023
abduleez1:
What the actual _fvvk?? πŸ™„πŸ‘€
I don't think we need Frozen 3 or Toy fvvking Story 5.
Zootopia is much needed tho.
We can manage Frozen 3, but we don't need Toy Story 5. Haba, they should rest abeg
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kakamorufu(m): 12:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
Watching the Plane By Gerald Butler
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2023
Kakamorufu:
Watching the Plane By Gerald Butler

In the 90s and early 2000s this would have been an average movie, but in 2023 where Hollywood are bent on forcing down our throats agenda-filled movies with anti 2A, homosexuality, feminizing men, emasculating women, trans horeshite, racism, the whole works,
this is one is just pure refreshing entertainment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kakamorufu(m): 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
pryme:

In the 90s and early 2000s this would have been an average movie, but in 2023 where Hollywood are bent on forcing down our throats agenda-filled movies with anti 2A, homosexuality, feminizing men, emasculating women, trans horeshite, racism, the whole works,
this is one is just pure refreshing entertainment.
I agree with you bro. Everything is just the way it supposed to go. I enjoyed it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
I'm i the only one that don't care about internet reviews? Becos i have an open mind

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
Ishilove:

We can manage Frozen 3, but we don't need Toy Story 5. Haba, they should rest abeg
can you remember your first cartoon?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Karleb:

You think it's every movie people go to cinema to watch?

how people concentrate in cinemas baffles me. Home media is the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bisqit: 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
Illusioneffect:
Knock at the Cabin- 7/10
Although I still can't believe Shyamalamn still has a job after Avatar; but I still stand on the ground that he's still one of my best directors of all time.
Bautista displayed class in this movie; not giving spoilers tho, but this is one of his best performances till date
The creativity of the movie is amazing buh the progress of the story is not as compelling and can be confusing buh still a fun to watch
between bautista and the rock, who do you think is the more improved actor?

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
Family is here..... 😎😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDk_Z3aIEbQ

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Succession S01 - 3 (2018) = 8/10 βœ”οΈ

They talk too much it's exhausting. Need more action, less talking. But overall solid show.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2023
πŸŽ₯ You S04 E01-05 (2018) = 8/10 βœ”οΈ

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
Family is here..... 😎😎

I think Boko Haram should take bombing lessons from this movie. Explosions everywhere
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
phr0nesis:

I think Boko Haram should take bombing lessons from this movie Explosions everywhere
Bro i know you probably don't know the weight and the consequences of what you just wrote.
You don't make such bold statement on a terrorist group that terrorizes a country and has killed millions of innocent people.
It's wrong and you might be put on terrorist watch if the authorities get hold of this your post.

Even if nairaland is an anonymous forum, it doesn't mean you can't be tracked.

Please πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ this is not a joking matter.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2023
Plane is 7/10 for me.
What a movie!!! Totally enjoyed every bit of it, honestly i have no complain.
Movie is entertaining and that's it.

That black convict stole that money, he is probably going to enjoy the rest of his life in a luxury Private Island for the rest of his Life 😁😁😁😁😁😁 nigga just hit a gold mine.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
Family is here..... 😎😎

This is about to be astronomically epic 🀩

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 6:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Batista

bisqit:
between bautista and the rock, who do you think is the more improved actor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3408) (3409) (3410) (3411) (3412) (3413) (3414) ... (3838) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Ikanium(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.