Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3740775 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3410) (3411) (3412) (3413) (3414) (3415) (3416) ... (3832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2023
I recently made an observation concerning the accents used in Black Panther. Personally, I don't think it's necessary and here is my reason:
Wakanda had no colonial masters, therefore their official language was definitely not English, hence they shouldn't be communicating in English but rather their native language.

As for their audience, since we/they are predominantly English speakers, they can take a cue from "Prey". From the beginning of Prey, they let us know what language the natives were speaking and then switched to English; in other words, the natives were speaking their language according to the film, but for our listening pleasure the movie was done in English. In like manner, the Wakandans should have stuck with their regular American accents but indicate somehow that they aren't speaking English. Those accents were just terrible

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gmajor(m): 10:33am On Feb 11, 2023
SOZINN:
Wetin this guy dey film? 😩
Looks like photoshop
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2023
meobizy:
This forum is not anonymous. Users believe it is until they get caught. The admin is the first person who’ll sell someone out to authorities.
Yes this is 100% true 🀌🀌🀌
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by OhBritannia(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2023
phr0nesis:

Thank you
You are welcome sir πŸ™πŸ™
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2023
🀣🀣🀣🀣

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 10:59am On Feb 11, 2023
Legion of Super Heroes | 2022

8.7 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:59am On Feb 11, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:
🀣🀣🀣🀣
nothing new....
It's a shut-off-you-brain and watch movie like the past films
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
nani667:

8.7 / 10

Which day Metamorpho turn female abi na eyes dey pain me?? πŸ€”πŸ€¨
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2023
Weekend Watch List

- From Up on Poppy Hill (2011)
Atop a hill overlooking a seaside port sits a boarding house named Coquelicot Manor. Since the building is run by her family, Umi Matsuzaki carries out many of the duties involved in managing the small establishment, such as preparing meals for her fellow boarders. When she isn't at home, she is a student at the local high schoolβ€”one that is currently dealing with a small crisis.

In anticipation of the upcoming Olympic Games, a beloved old clubhouse is set to be demolished to make way for a modern building. As a result, a large part of the student body has banded together, working tirelessly to prevent this from happening. Umi finds herself helping the newspaper club to spread information about this cause where she befriends Shun Kazama, whom she gradually begins to fall in love with. But Shun is an orphan who doesn't know much about his origins, and when the two begin searching for clues to the boy's past, they discover that they may have a lot more in common than either of them could have thought.

- Legion of Super Heroes (2023)
Supergirl must contend with a mysterious group called the Dark Circle as it searches for a powerful weapon held in the Legion Academy.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 12:04pm On Feb 11, 2023
abduleez1:

Which day Metamorpho turn female abi na eyes dey pain me?? πŸ€”πŸ€¨

Triplicate girl

Now Duplicate as dem off one

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
nothing new....
It's a shut-off-you-brain and watch movie like the past films

Swears...
Bunch of flicks..nothing new
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2023
nani667:

8.7 / 10
which kind animation style be this?

Looks like kids stuff...

DC animation need to really upgrade and dump these useless styles...
That's why their animated movies are so hard to watch...

I have several on my hard drive...anytime I try to watch, the style makes me lose interest
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JapaToDNext: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
Rihanna Perform Live in Halftime Super Bowl,

Says she will be happy, if her Son sees Her performance, when he grows up

Saying her last Live performance was 7 years ago
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stacyadams: 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
iamL:
where can i download brotherhood? I have been looking for it.
.chai na person laptop I watch am
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Barrywhyte1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2023
abduleez1:

I'm already tired of the Frozen franchise and I don't know what story there is to tell anymore.

Isn't it obvious?
Elsa comes out... wink
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2023
Barrywhyte1:

Isn't it obvious?
Elsa comes out... wink

Dem dey craze. undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2023
Whitney Houston: I wanna dance with somebody...8/10.

A biopic about the iconic Whitney Huston, her rise to fame, struggles and success.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:50pm On Feb 11, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
Family is here..... 😎😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDk_Z3aIEbQ

Just when I thought I've had enough of dom and his family.....

They let me know you ain't seen nothing yet. I'm so hyped for this.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
IngeniousLeez:
Family is here..... 😎😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDk_Z3aIEbQ

This is one franchise that isn't dying anytime soon. Every addition to the franchise as regards jaw dropping action scenes keeps getting better and better. For consistency, I'd rate them a solid A.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Karleb(m): 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2023
phr0nesis:
I recently made an observation concerning the accents used in Black Panther. Personally, I don't think it's necessary and here is my reason:
Wakanda had no colonial masters, therefore their official language was definitely not English, hence they shouldn't be communicating in English but rather their native language.

As for their audience, since we/they are predominantly English speakers, they can take a cue from "Prey". From the beginning of Prey, they let us know what language the natives were speaking and then switched to English; in other words, the natives were speaking their language according to the film, but for our listening pleasure the movie was done in English. In like manner, the Wakandans should have stuck with their regular American accents but indicate somehow that they aren't speaking English. Those accents were just terrible

Prey and black panther are two different project, by two different teams and for different purposes.

The accent was really necessary and it brought out the beauty of the movie, same with woman king.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:59pm On Feb 11, 2023
Gmajor:

Why the f*ck would you even say that?
Sometimes una go just dey talk like say una no get sense

That guy na very useless person. Wetin Linda go drop without the knowledge of their parents just because she won make money. Nairaland no just get block button.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 12:37am On Feb 12, 2023
House Party
FΓΉck this shit. They are throwing a pari Lebron's house.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by limcar: 12:45am On Feb 12, 2023
phr0nesis:

i hear the Jabari tribe of wakanda are descendants of the ibos
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by freezyprinzy(m): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2023
Barrywhyte1:

Isn't it obvious?
Elsa comes out... wink
No way!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:39am On Feb 12, 2023
When Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are cooking, I just gotta pay attention. Especially when Affleck directs. wink cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUDOsAJrG-w
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:57am On Feb 12, 2023
angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by doscar(m): 5:15am On Feb 12, 2023
I so much love this movie. It is litπŸ”₯

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:56am On Feb 12, 2023
#Anticipate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:07am On Feb 12, 2023
Permission to derail a bit..πŸ˜€πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2023
Happy Birthday big man πŸ₯³

oyaskii:
Permission to derail a bit..πŸ˜€πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2023
abduleez1:
What the actual _fvvk?? πŸ™„πŸ‘€
I don't think we need Frozen 3 or Toy fvvking Story 5.
Zootopia is much needed tho.
Can't believe they turned frozen into a sequel, Disney is really shameless.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2023
phr0nesis:

Unnecessary rant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3410) (3411) (3412) (3413) (3414) (3415) (3416) ... (3832) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaycee7(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.