Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3732982 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Who hacked Nairaland?
What is this colour?

Bruh😪😪

These developers have no idea what beauty looks like.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 7:46pm On Apr 01, 2023
Qq
pu7pl3:

Bruh😪😪

The colour green is not a good colour for a website in this day and age, I don't know what Seun is afraid of, maybe if he changes the design, we won't recognise Nairaland or what😭😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 7:48pm On Apr 01, 2023
Better call Saul Cinematography and the need for less generic Nollywood movies

I just recently finished the series Better call Saul and after honestly rating it as one of my top 5 series of all times, the question on my mind is when will Nollywood ever invest in its cinematography to tell stunning visual stories?

During my years of watching Nollywood movies, mostly forced on me by the media and peers, I have never watched a Nollywood movie where I'm amazed by the beautiful scenery or stunned or confused by how the hell they could figure out a camera angle or an unusual camera dolly or pan, most of Nollywood movies 90% don't even move the camera at all, just drop the camera at a spot and sleep on it.
Most of the opening scenes of BCS are just shots of things - normal stuff, sometimes the camera will be inside a coffee machine or the camera will be facing a mirror unknown to the viewer, there was this shot I absolutely loved and rewatched a lot of times- the scene where ants were feasting on an ice-cream brooooo! Just a simple shot with amazing sound design and music. Still wondering when Nollywood would ever do something like that.
Stories should be unique and mostly suspenseful but Nollywood movies are just usually generic the same garbage thrown at us constantly. The action is meh.
I just think visual storytelling without dialogue sometimes is integral to storytelling, the feel of a surrounding, the colour grading and camera movements are all part of storytelling
I just hope Nollywood thinks of all this in the future😪

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
Illusioneffect:

I just recently finished the series Better call Saul and after honestly rating it as one of my top 5 series of all times, the question on my mind is when will Nollywood ever invest in its cinematography to tell stunning visual stories?

During my years of watching Nollywood movies, mostly forced on me by the media and peers, I have never watched a Nollywood movie where I'm amazed by the beautiful scenery or stunned or confused by how the hell they could figure out a camera angle or an unusual camera dolly or pan, most of Nollywood movies 90% don't even move the camera at all, just drop the camera at a spot and sleep on it.
Most of the opening scenes of BCS are just shots of things - normal stuff, sometimes the camera will be inside a coffee machine or the camera will be facing a mirror unknown to the viewer, there was this shot I absolutely loved and rewatched a lot of times- the scene where ants were feasting on an ice-cream brooooo! Just a simple shot with amazing sound design and music. Still wondering when Nollywood would ever do something like that.
Stories should be unique and mostly suspenseful but Nollywood movies are just usually generic the same garbage thrown at us constantly. The action is meh.
I just think visual storytelling without dialogue sometimes is integral to storytelling, the feel of a surrounding, the colour grading and camera movements are all part of storytelling
some Nollywood movies have been trying these tho...
Even that series about that academy...they were experimenting with some shots

Nollywood is still walking...

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
Devotion:7/10
Genre: Action/Biopics/War

A compelling story full of heart, with some good action scenes, dialogue and cinematography.

Johnathan Majors really earned my respect and admiration here. Dude is definitely going places no doubt.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fro5t: 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
Weekend Movie

- Pathaan (2023)

An Indian spy battles against the leader of a gang of mercenaries who have a heinous plot for his homeland.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Might check this out sometime in the distant future. I'm a sucker for that premise.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:29pm On Apr 01, 2023
Illusioneffect:
Qq
The colour green is not a good colour for a website in this day and age, I don't know what Seun is afraid of, maybe if he changes the design, we won't recognise Nairaland or what😭😂

This new colour is something else...too cringe and ugly.
I don't think Seun even cares angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Kaycee7:
Might check this out sometime in the distant future. I'm a sucker for that premise.

I'm about to watch this on Netflix before wrestlemania starts grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2023
pu7pl3:

Bruh😪😪

it was an April fools joke from Seun
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 9:33am On Apr 02, 2023
Kaycee7:
Sounds like Nobody. I will also watch this
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2023
Illusioneffect:

A Cinematographer or core enthusiast spotted!! 🚨
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:05am On Apr 02, 2023
The visuals of Avatar 2 is insane!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2023
Aflix:
John wick 4 Is it HDcam or actual realease?
it is April fool's quality

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:20am On Apr 02, 2023
pu7pl3:

Oyaskii thanks for that 5gb plug🔥🔥
It's how many hours movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Saturnalia(m): 10:43am On Apr 02, 2023
WriterNig:
🎥 Downfall (2004) = 9.5/10 ✔️

Adolf Hitler's last days in his Bunkerfuhrer.

Need more Nazi/Hitler movie suggestions. 🙂

Comrade, I concur with your 9.5/10 rating on this movie. This Movie sweet die! grin

This is the reason I prefer watching old movies - anything from 1990 to 2014. Only a handful of the latest movies tickle my fancy.

BTW, try to watch these movies. I’d like to see your ratings on these Movies.

1.) The Hunt for Red October - 1990

2.) Enemy At The Gate - 2001

3.) Chicago - 2002

4.) Kingdom of Heaven - 2005

5.) Body of Lies - 2008

6.) Once in the Desert - 2022

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 11:19am On Apr 02, 2023
🎥 Tetris (2023) = 7/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:
It's how many hours movie

3hrs+
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 11:20am On Apr 02, 2023
100naira:
it was an April fools joke from Seun

April fools has ended
Let them change it back mbok
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2023
Is it possible to download John Wick 4.. The one with original run time of 4hrs
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2023
🎥 Rabbit Hole S01E01-03 (2023) = 7/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by omoowhe: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2023
WriterNig:

Link to this movie please 🙏

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by omoowhe: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
WriterNig:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2023
omoowhe:

https://1337x.to/torrent/4641399/Downfall-2004-GERMAN-1080p-V2-BrRip-x265-HEVCBay/

Download uTorrent app, then click on Magnet Download

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
Creed 3

All I can say is that lil girl stole the show. 👌

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
WriterNig:

https://1337x.to/torrent/4641399/Downfall-2004-GERMAN-1080p-V2-BrRip-x265-HEVCBay/

Download uTorrent app, then click on Magnet Download

⬇️ ⬇️

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:05pm On Apr 02, 2023
Avatar 2: The Way of Water....8.5/10

The best things about this movie are it's groundbreaking visuals, it's cinematography and the lore built around the world/planet

The only thing that makes little sense to me is the humans being too focused on Jake Sully. I understand the revenge thing, but that's only for a select few soldiers...the rest of the humans that occupied the planet don't care about revenge yet they go the extra mile to help these people achieve it...
The only reason I can think of is Jake Sully sabotaging their operations on the planet, but the moment he went hiding, I didn't see the point...

Anyway this is a minor issue

The movie imo was far more coherent than the first one. They tried to tie up loose ends and they made sure the motivations of most characters made sense...unlike the first movie where characters were acting randomly....

Even Spider saving the Villain still made sense considering the care and compassion he showed to him earlier...

Predictions for the next movie:
Jake Sully's wife will die...

She has been having death flags all over her character...

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
pu7pl3:

I'm about to watch this on Netflix before wrestlemania starts grin
Nickshrapnel:
Sounds like Nobody. I will also watch this
Looking forward to your reviews, then.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 4:25pm On Apr 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Predictions for the next movie:
Jake Sully's wife will die...

She has been having death flags all over her character...

Egbon, you wan scatter family with this your prediction, considering they already lost a child, I don't think they'll likely lose anyone else within the family. my opinion tho.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2023
MetroLane:

Egbon, you wan scatter family with this your prediction, considering they already lost a child, I don't think they'll likely lose anyone else within the family. my opinion tho.
either his wife dies or Jake Sully himself dies
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 4:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
Creed III

it's pretty clear they gonna milk this franchise, because they already prepping Amara for female-creed, from Part 4 or 5.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
either his wife dies or Jake Sully himself dies

I highly doubt they'd kill off either Jake Sully or his wife, else they plan on ending it at 3, which i believe is highly unlikely.

If you kill either of the 2, film don finish be dat na, it'd be impossible to spin any meaningful story without those 2.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3463) (3464) (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.