Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,198 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733024 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
spicyuzo:

Tbh, I think Avatar 2 opened up several possibilities to spin the story.
Possible paths could be:
1. Sully's son leads Avatars VS Spyder leads Sky people ( my best bet)

2. Sully slowly uniting all Avatars ( Ascending to some kind of Avatar King) against the common enemy. Water tribe + Forest tribe already done

Other possibilities.....
true...
Considering the rumours about there being about 5 movies...
I honestly don't see how Jake Sully and his wife survive to the end...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2023
I love how CBM fans preach to us how CBM could be good spy thrillers, war movies, etc

Yet about 90% of the CBM released in past 3 years have been the same generic movies repeated over and over again.

Same pattern, same stunts, same jokes... grin grin

Where exactly is the problem from?
Has the genre gotten stale?
or are they just lacking competent writers?

Cos all I see is the same bland shii with no imagination or creativity

Rinse and repeat the same formula

Saying this cos the Blue Beetle trailer makes it look like a movie I've already watched 5 times before

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by lekhane(m): 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
Saturnalia:

Comrade, I concur with your 9.5/10 rating on this movie. This Movie sweet die! grin

This is the reason I prefer watching old movies - anything from 1990 to 2014. Only a handful of the latest movies tickle my fancy.

BTW, try to watch these movies. I’d like to see your ratings on these Movies.

1.) The Hunt for Red October - 1990

2.) Enemy At The Gate - 2001

3.) Chicago - 2002

4.) Kingdom of Heaven - 2005

5.) Body of Lies - 2008

6.) Once in the Desert - 2022
Abeg na where I fit download this downfall. I don find am tire!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2023
BREAKING: Disney Studios' #Moana is getting a live action remake with @TheRock and Auli'i Cravalho returning from the animated feature.
What can we say except, you're welcome!
More movie news 👇
http://fandan.co/MovieNews
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2023
SOZINN:
BREAKING: Disney Studios' #Moana is getting a live action remake with @TheRock and Auli'i Cravalho returning from the animated feature.
What can we say except, you're welcome!
More movie news 👇
http://fandan.co/MovieNews

I hope this movie flops

If it ain't broken don't remake it

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheHulk616: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Saw someone do this on Twitter so I'll do mine:
My Favourite media I've ever experienced in my opinion:

1. Best movie: Inception
2. Best live-action series: 24
3. Best cartoon: Avatar: The Last Airbender
4. Best anime: Attack on Titan
5. Best Novel: "The Godfather" by Mario Puzo
6. Best Light Novel: ??
7. Best comic: ??
8. Best Manga: Chainsawman
9. Favourite Media overall: Attack on Titan

Now for the worst: grin
1. Worst Movie: maybe Thor: Love and Thunder
2. Worst live-action series: Moon Knight
3. Worst cartoon: ??
4. Worst anime: Kakeguriu
5. Worst Novel: ??
6. Worst Light Novel: ??
7. Worst comic: Indomitables
8. Worst manga: ??
9. Worst overall media: Moon Knight
marvel hater
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2023
BlackManta:

I hope this movie flops

If it ain't broken don't remake it
I pray so too bro, trying to cash in, little mermaid will also flop I pray
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
TheHulk616:
marvel hater
what? grin
Why would I hate Marvel?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
Kill Boksoon 2023

You should've lived a better life, if you wanted to die a natural death!

I am not a fan of Korean Cinema, especially thier episodic lane as a find that they try to over tinker with the plot and screenplay leading to drawn out ridiculously long episodes that ultimately feels nauseating to complete but i occasionally dabble into thier movies and this had a good premise on paper and I decided to give it a try.

Touted as a "John Wick wannabe" but it was nothing like that famed franchise, a proper tease, pumped my juices up, only to leave me stewing in a pile of mess. it gave off that vibe for the first few sequence but ultimately spiraled out of control serving a rabid mother-daughter drama as the main course meal.

The screenplay was deviod of any logical reasoning and the character development was next to zero. It couldn't even settle on any theme, it was trying to be an action flick but there were like 3 action sequence in the entire movie, a dark comedy, a psychological thriller and mixed all these theme terribly. A good cast ngl, and they were definitely up for it, it was the crew behind the camera that messed up. The ebb and flow of the movie was so bad that they couldn't even settle for a villain and ending was plainly just vague and underwhelming.
The long run time of 2:19mins made for a nouseous and tedious watch in one sitting.

C+

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Seunpaul01(m): 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
Saturnalia:

Comrade, I concur with your 9.5/10 rating on this movie. This Movie sweet die! grin

This is the reason I prefer watching old movies - anything from 1990 to 2014. Only a handful of the latest movies tickle my fancy.

BTW, try to watch these movies. I’d like to see your ratings on these Movies.

1.) The Hunt for Red October - 1990

2.) Enemy At The Gate - 2001

3.) Chicago - 2002

4.) Kingdom of Heaven - 2005

5.) Body of Lies - 2008

6.) Once in the Desert - 2022

Abeg where can I download that downfall. It's not on fz.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Gidah: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2023
Will surely look for it and post
NeoWanZaeed:

Post em

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
Murder Mystery 2 (2023).....5/10

It did some things better than the first movie...i.e it was slightly more exciting to watch

It did some things worse than the first movie...i.e the new characters

Overall, good enough to watch if you have nothing else to do

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2023
@ Seun

Why is it so hard to upload pictures on Nairaland now...
On some mobile browsers it's even impossible...
It works on chrome but you'll have do do verifications, and it takes multiple tries sometimes

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2023
oyaskii:
Kill Boksoon 2023

I am not a fan of Korean Cinema, especially thier episodic lane as a find that they try to over tinker with the plot and screenplay leading to drawn out ridiculously long episodes that ultimately feels nauseating to complete but i occasionally dabble into thier movies and this had a good premise on paper and I decided to give it a try.

Touted as a "John Wick wannabe" but it was nothing like that famed franchise, a proper tease, pumped my juices up, only to leave me stewing in a pile of mess. it gave off that vibe for the first few sequence but ultimately spiraled out of control serving a rabid mother-daughter drama as the main course meal.

The screenplay was deviod of any logical reasoning and the character development was next to zero. It couldn't even settle on any theme, it was trying to be an action flick but there were like 3 action sequence in the entire movie, a dark comedy, a psychological thriller and mixed all these theme terribly. A good cast ngl, and they were definitely up for it, it was the crew behind the camera that messed up. The ebb and flow of the movie was so bad that they couldn't even settle for a villain and ending was plainly just vague and underwhelming.
The long run time of 2:19mins made for a nouseous and tedious watch in one sitting.

C+

Rest.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheHulk616: 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2023
Baddestguyp:
@ Seun

Why is it so hard to upload pictures on Nairaland now...
On some mobile browsers it's even impossible...
It works on chrome but you'll have do do verifications, and it takes multiple tries sometimes
are you using VPN?
You can try uploading a marvel picture, it will go
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
TheHulk616:
are you using VPN?
You can try uploading a marvel picture, it will go
I am not using VPN
Uploading pictures has been very hard on Nairaland for over a week now

My UC browser doesn't even upload...I have to switch to chrome and even that is pretty hard
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
Who has seen this?

Kill Boksoon

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
Illusioneffect:

I pray so too bro, trying to cash in, little mermaid will also flop I pray

Sadly, Little Mermaid doesn't look like it's going to flop at the moment. Especially after it's consistently ranking in one of the most anticipated movies of 2023. It's also a family movie so it has got some momentum. Unless, something drastic happens, it's going to win the audience. It's one movie as well as Barbie I'm very curious about their performance this year. Two very similar movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:44pm On Apr 03, 2023
abduleez1:

Sadly, Little Mermaid doesn't look like it's going to flop at the moment. Especially after it's consistently ranking in one of the most anticipated movies of 2023. It's also a family movie so it has got some momentum. Unless, something drastic happens, it's going to win the audience. It's one movie as well as Barbie I'm very curious about their performance this year. Two very similar movies.
Exactly, but if it doesn't 700 million it'll be considered a flop sha, but most of the time Disney makes a lot of money on this kind of movies nonetheless
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
Nickshrapnel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS3_72Gb-bI

DC is gonna be great again...

I can't wait for Flash to gag these peeps mouth first before we begin the drumroll. grin grin

Our very own Spiderman. See the graphics design lasun!! 🙌🙌 CBM is taking over summer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Who has seen this?

Kill Boksoon

7/10
Solid story and kick ass believable action scenes.

Cc Kaycee7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
Illusioneffect:

Exactly, but if it doesn't 700 million it'll be considered a flop sha, but most of the time Disney makes a lot of money on this kind of movies nonetheless

I reckon it needs at least $600mn to be in the black.
I don't really see it doing $700mn but it has a potential to.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2023
oyaskii:
Kill Boksoon 2023

C+

I actually thought it was nice
I enjoyed it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2023
pu7pl3:

Batman is not a Fascist 😆😆

My colleague don lose him shït. Werey even send me trailer and WTF reaction few minutes ago. Person wey no dey send me WhatsApp message at all get my time tonight. grin grin

He's a fellow nerd tho. So we both are always jeered at work that we both only understands shït we talking about. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2023
abduleez1:

My colleague don lose him shït. Werey even send me trailer and WTF reaction few minutes ago. Person wey no dey send me WhatsApp message at all get my time tonight. grin grin

He's a fellow nerd tho. So we both are always jeered at work that we both only understands shït we talking about. grin grin

The people jeering you guys are the weird ones.
They wish they could be as knowledgeable on these things but to them it's rocket science grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2023
pu7pl3:

The people jeering you guys are the weird ones.
They wish they could be as knowledgeable on these things but to them it's rocket science grin

Lol, we wey no even send anybody message.
Na when person no see fellow like minded individual. Na that time person go dey lonely and isolated. But when we don turn two... The whole world can burn to the ground and e no go move me. grin You know how many years person don dey find person wey fit understand and discuss various topics and share hobbies you like without sounding goofy.

So they'll just troll you since they're not versed in geek talk. I can understand them cos when we really into these discourse even person wey carry chair Siddon fit no understand up to 20% wey we dey talk. grin grin The funny thing is we can talk on any topic for 24hrs straight. It all sounds gibberish when you ain't in such cliques.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2023
pu7pl3:

I actually thought it was nice
I enjoyed it.
I wanted more and they had the tools to give more, and the action to drama ratio was so much on the drama side.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
Tetris ......8.9/10

It's a super duper piece of movie. The storytelling style is unique and superb. Mixing arcade gaming style with that of live action. The acting from Taron Edgerton and co was top notch. The score and set design was really good too.
Kudos has to be given to the director for this beautiful piece of art.
While the movie is fun and entertaining, it still has subtle themes of seriousness, bleakness and desperation within, especially when you consider the repression and economic downturns or negatives of the film's communist Russia ideals.

Went in with high expectations and came out never disappointed. Apple TV+ cooked here.

I was hooked from start to finish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2023
abduleez1:
Tetris ......8.9/10

It's a super duper piece of movie. The storytelling style is unique and superb. Mixing arcade gaming style with that of live action. The acting from Taron Edgerton and co was top notch. The score and set design was really good too.
Kudos has to be given to the director for this beautiful piece of art.
While the movie is fun and entertaining, it still has subtle themes of seriousness, bleakness and desperation within, especially when you consider the repression and economic downturns or negatives of the film's communist Russia ideals.

Went in with high expectations and came out never disappointed. Apple TV+ cooked here.

I was hooked from start to finish.
Next on my watch list. Appletv+ hardly misses with thier original movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
pu7pl3:

7/10
Solid story and kick ass believable action scenes.
Omo! I saw this first in my mentions and was setting up to watch it this weekend and then I read Oyaskii's review and now I'm really skeptic.
I'll line it up for weekend with a backup movie. If watching it still feels like stress after 30mins, I delete.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2023
Creed III...... 8.5/10

Now that's how you take a trilogy bow for a much loved franchise. This time the stakes were higher. It might be formulaic and a bit unrealistic but it definitely got heart and good storytelling. It's the main reason the franchise has been a success and spin this chapter into a somewhat unique Territory.

Jonathan Majors was dope in his role as "Dame". He was ruthless and took his destiny by his hands. Michael B Jordan did a great job with his acting chops as well as a great debut as a director on this feature.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3465) (3466) (3467) (3468) (3469) (3470) (3471) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.