Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3755641 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3500) (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
Baddestguyp:
this your 7/10 looks like it's for the brèast and not the movie's writing

Anyhow you see am. My points are clearly stated there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:
I don't want to stir another trouble but if this is TRUE this plan is beyond stupid. Clearly shows man knows nothing about the Lore.
How tf would you reduce WW to another Supergirl? 😑 Reduce a whole Greek Pantheon to mere versions of Kryptonians.

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse. πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
Na this dude na want make e helm a whole universe? Ok o. So fvvking glad he's out.
Man just love to overtinker with stuff it becomes unrecognisable with the finished product.

Pu.7pl3 na dey see rubbish wey na King dey cook? 😐

Did he actually say that?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:52pm On Apr 30, 2023
PurpLChi:

Did he actually say that?

Yep, that's what peeps on Twitter who watched the event said. It's been confirmed by many he said that. That theory has been going on for some time as rumors from fans but Snyder actually confirmed it at his full circle event.
If that's how he actually thinks, I'm more than disappointed. Unless, dude just baiting his fans and confirming any random shΓ―t just to be in the news.
Man hasn't still moved on from Snyderverse sadly.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2023
β€˜JOHN WICK 4’ is currently the third highest grossing film of 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2023
β€˜DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES’ releases on Digital on Tuesday.

Can't wait

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kaycee7 you've officially been handed the letter L.... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:
Kaycee7 you've officially been handed the letter L.... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­
They should thank me. I was the one that motivated them to cross $500m.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2023
🀀
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kaycee7:

Japan and Korea just started to say hi. grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by PurpLChi: 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Yep, that's what peeps on Twitter who watched the event said. It's been confirmed by many he said that. That theory has been going on for some time as rumors from fans but Snyder actually confirmed it at his full circle event.
If that's how he actually thinks, I'm more than disappointed. Unless, dude just baiting his fans and confirming any random shΓ―t just to be in the news.
Man hasn't still moved on from Snyderverse sadly.

Omo him done fall my hands with this one πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜“
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2023
Who have checked out this movie and confirm something for us?? πŸ‘€

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Japan and Korea just started to say hi. grin
E no go reach $1.5b sha. Na me tell you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2023
PurpLChi:

Omo him done fall my hands with this one πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜“

Snyder is a very good visual artist but when it comes to writing, nah bro, man ain't it.

Him fall hands gon.... Just when I was starting to think I probably was too critical with his DCEU storytelling. Man somehow begins to prove me right. 🀯 It now seems WB execs was kinda right when they refused to give him reins over DC and micro managed him.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
E no go reach $1.5b sha. Na me tell you

Lol.... You don start again. grin Just when film dey come out next week for digital.

Anyways I see $1.25bn.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Snyder is a very good visual artist but when it comes to writing, nah bro, man ain't it.

Him fall hands gon.... Just when I was starting to think I probably was too critical with his DCEU storytelling. Man somehow begins to prove me right. 🀯 It now seems WB execs was kinda right when they refused to give him reins over DC and micro managed him.

I just dey pray for Rebel Moon. It's his last chance to prove he's not just a visual artist masquerading as a director.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
Seems like WB struck gold. Imagine this movie going straight to HBOMax. 😐

I don forget that clown name from AT&T wey put The Batman and other films on a set 45day window.

You might hate big Zas, but man has shown his mettle and his understanding of the biz. He's restructured WB Entertainment in its entirety, especially that stupid duplicity of roles where you have so many executives with similar job responsibility.

DC is its own studios with independence, renewed focus on theatrical experience, reduced spending on unimportant projects.

Modified: Jason fvvking Killar dey mad.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
I just dey pray for Rebel Moon. It's his last chance to prove he's not just a visual artist masquerading as a director.
I mean being a director doesn't mean you have to be a master of all. Every director falls short on at least one trade or the other although that's subjective,I mean the two highest grossing movies have nothing special in their story telling but he can be a "Zack of all trades" and "master of one" in the field
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:25pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kaycee7:

As in, I even refused to watch the video as I no wan vex. When I calm I go check am out later.

Bro, that Rebel Moon is really pivotal to his brand as a top director. If that movie fails to deliver or is in anyway mixed or divisive, Omo, e don be for Snyder be that.
He's got many things to lose if that franchise is not widely well received. I mean, man started out as a music video and commercials director. 😐
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
Flamemignon1:

I mean being a director doesn't mean you have to be a master of all. Every director falls short on at least one trade or the other although that's subjective,I mean the two highest grossing movies have nothing special in their story telling but he can be a "Zack of all trades" and "master of one" in the field

Lol, I saw what you did there.

If Snyder was a minor director, he wouldn't be generating this much fuss. But cos of his size and how heavily debated his movies has become and how we was treated by WB as well as his infamous fandom, man is a hot topic.

His reputation is at stake here as well as how people now view his fans. It'd begin to become synonymous with that maxim "Empty barrel makes the loudest noise". πŸ™ƒ

That film might just confirm him as a director with all style and no substance. Cos you can't just be having mixed to bad movie reception in everything that you do for the past two decades.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GloriousGbola: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

If Snyder was a minor director, he wouldn't be generating this much fuss. But cos of his size and how heavily debated his movies has become and how we was treated by WB as well as his infamous fandom, man is a hot topic.

His reputation is at stake here as well as how people now view his fans. It'd begin to become synonymous with that maxim "Empty barrel makes the loudest noise". πŸ™ƒ

That film might just confirm him as a director with all style and no substance. Cos you can't just be having mixed to bad movie reception in everything that you do for the past two decades.

Imagine if avatar way of water was a bomb. That is all

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Imagine if avatar way of water was a bomb. That is all

Lol, everywhere for loud. But James Cameron and Snyder no be mate at all for movie production. James has proven his quality and he's a visionary. Anything man does now won't be questioned much apart from talk like has "Cameron lost his touch".
Same can't be said of Snyder cos when has he had the touch. He's almost always mixed with one controversy or the other.

All directors have a few movie flops in their belt even the most successful ones. Cameron's own might be treated as such. I mean Steven Spielberg has been bagging financial flops back to back in recent years and he's still considered an all time "Great".
It's only Chris Nolan I'm beginning to wonder if he's ever had a flop since he rose to the top. I'm not talking of early days o.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, everywhere for loud. But James Cameron and Snyder no be mate at all for movie production. James has proven his quality and he's a visionary. Anything man does now won't be questioned much apart from talk like has "Cameron lost his touch".
Same can't be said of Snyder cos when has he had the touch. He's almost always mixed with one controversy or the other.

All directors have a few movie flops in their belt even the most successful ones. Cameron's own might be treated as such. I mean Steven Spielberg has been bagging financial flops back to back in recent years and he's still considered an all time "Great".
It's only Chris Nolan I'm beginning to wonder if he's ever had a flop since he rose to the top. I'm not talking of early days o.
2020 was a horrid year because of a certain "COVID-19 Pandemic" but "Tenet" was a box office bomb.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Realmrsean: 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2023
oyaskii:
2020 was a horrid year because of a certain "COVID-19 Pandemic" but "Tenet" was a box office bomb.
yeah πŸ‘
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2023
oyaskii:
Wasn't Tenet a bomb because of the pandemic?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

The bolded is just it,y'all really throw him up there with these generation's great but I for one think Rebel Moon will bounce him back
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by darkelf: 9:56pm On Apr 30, 2023
Kaycee7:

yeye boy

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2023
oyaskii:

I don't really consider Tenet a bomb. If that movie made $365mn at the very heat and middle of the pandemic when no blockbuster film didn't even dare to release in that period till March 2021 when WB tested out Godzilla vs Kong. Imagine what it would have made if it released in 2021.

If it's budget wasn't ballooned to $200mn then it means that film might possibly be profitably despite the pandemic.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Na REBIRTH by Knacking.... grin grin🀭
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ Make camri hear you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2023
camri:
Eh! My birth month mates. I've warned abdulzeez1 abi na osama bin laden be im name to stay clear of Gal Gadot or i jail him
I'm also April. Three of Abdulzeez1 babies are April born. That guy needs to be paying us tax
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2023
Flamemignon1:

The bolded is just it,y'all really throw him up there with these generation's great but I for one think Rebel Moon will bounce him back

Lol, I'm actually curious as to who you think are this generation's great.

I dunno maybe it's just me but I don't see Zack Snyder in anyway being compared to any "great" directors of the past one or two decade(s). With what movies does he use to compete with the best of the best??
Is it against Boon Joon Ho, Ari Aster, Greta Gerwig, Katherine Bigelow, Dennis Villeneuve etc ?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

I don't really consider Tenet a bomb. If that movie made $365mn at the very heat and middle of the pandemic when no blockbuster film didn't even dare to release in that period till March 2021 when WB tested out Godzilla vs Kong. Imagine what it would have made if it released in 2021.

If it's budget wasn't ballooned to $200mn then it means that film might possibly be profitably despite the pandemic.
Flamemignon1:

Wasn't Tenet a bomb because of the pandemic?

The Pandemic was an underlying factor, but their were other factors why the movie seemingly failed.

The movie opened in the theatre around September of 2020 when the COVID pandemic was at a downward pike and metric projections was pointing towards a favorable release, as it will be the only big title playing at that time hence affording it multiple screen time as it would normally have so WB okayed the release.

But the movie tanking can be split into two chief culprit.

The meta-physics entropy rigmarole was a tad above the what was normally expected of a CN flick and so it became all too confusing for early movie goers and critics alike, and thus discouraging eager fans who where willing to brave catching the virus to go see it.

The muffled sound mix style employed by Nolan for the sound editing was a total misfire as People could not make up the dialogues expecially in a cinema screening room with no subtitles thus further alienating potential people willing to see it.

Even with a re-cinematic run in March of 2021, when all the troubles of the pandemic had rolled away, the movie still couldn't make any head way.

My context been, if the movie released say last year without brother COVID hanging around, i fear it would had still tank at the box office, cuz take poll here about people's opinion on the movie, and i bet you, 9/10 would say they didn't know what the hell was going on for the entire run time.

Now why I wouldn't call it CN best work, might even be his most mixed critically reviewed movie yet, i fkk with what he was trying to do with the concept and loved the movie, took me some try, but i eventually got around to understanding the movie, the replay value for me tho is next to zero except I'm calling for a migraine.

He has to deliver with Oppenheimer, and i trust he will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 10:43pm On Apr 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, I'm actually curious as to who you think are this generation's great.

I dunno maybe it's just me but I don't see Zack Snyder in anyway being compared to any "great" directors of the past one or two decade(s). With what movies does he use to compete with the best of the best??
Is it against Boon Joon Ho, Ari Aster, Greta Gerwig, Katherine Bigelow, Dennis Villeneuve etc ?
If you noticed,I related that comment to you saying how y'all throw him up with this generation's greats seeing how much is expected from him now because I don't but I understand because studios have invested so much in him. Still, something about Rebel Moon feels like it could be "it" for him,at least the zombie movie he did recently was ok and well received

(1) (2) (3) ... (3500) (3501) (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.