Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,310 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3726142 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:38pm On May 02, 2023
oyaskii:
I remember a few weeks back when we had the discourse here about the impact of AI on Hollywood and some people were of the opinion that the impact will be minimal but here we are today.

The Writers Guild current striking demands include the total exclusion of AI from movie process but the studios seems not to be having it. For context"Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness" was rewritten 33 times before they found the script that the studio liked, thereby delaying filming, Insider sources are saying these studios feel, the movie process could move quite faster with use of AI.

MCU is set to be the biggest victim of this strike as most of thier project from late 2024 to 2026 are still at the writing stage hence expected delay and possible shift on their scheduled release dates.

To put things in perspective, the WGA strike of 07/08 had quite an impact on scripted television. Shows with scheduled 22 episodes were cut to 10 or even 6 episodes, so if this current strike lingers on, there might be delay in new episodes on shows currently airing or the seasons are cut short early.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:22pm On May 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Imo, the use of AI for script writing will only work for mediocre everyday movies...

What AI wants to write masterpiece stories like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad with all the character complexities? grin

Even the way plot twist are delivered...
Forget it, any studio using AI for it's script can only use it to produce garbage popcorn movies...

Movies like Shazam or Black Adam is what AI can write in the future

When we are talking about serious scripts with complex and epic dialogue. Shows or movies where almost every piece of dialogue has several deeper meanings

Not all these garbage formulaic dialogue we see from marvel and most popcorn movies

I don't think there's anybody that's considering the use of AI to write or rewrite scripts unless you trust "insider sources" ( a bunch of jackasses with no face) to give you credible information. I've seen it's work and it's mostly basic level bûllshit that will still require thousands of hours of editing in order for you to come up with something worthy of payment. There's nobody willing to sub AI for creative script writers unless they are budgeting $10 for the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:29pm On May 02, 2023
SOZINN:

I don't think there's anybody that's considering the use of AI to write or rewrite scripts unless you trust "insider sources" ( a bunch of jackasses with no face) to give you credible information. I've seen it's work and it's mostly basic level bûllshit that will still require thousands of hours of editing in order for you to come up with something worthy of payment. There's nobody willing to sub AI for creative script writers unless they are budgeting $10 for the movie.

there are people on this thread convinced that AIs will easily replace humans in script writing very soon

I honestly don't know how they think an AI will write anything worthwhile...except basic level scripts

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:30pm On May 02, 2023
cuffee:
help me clarify sth. Is AI going to creatively write the script?
I believe that's what they're saying on this thread
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:01am On May 03, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Realmrsean: 9:17am On May 03, 2023
I think our movie industry is trying

This is 9/10 for me

https://fb.watch/khQt7l0GG0/?mibextid=NnVzG8
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:10am On May 03, 2023
Baddestguyp:
there are people on this thread convinced that AIs will easily replace humans in script writing very soon

I honestly don't know how they think an AI will write anything worthwhile...except basic level scripts
Did you ever believe in your life time that a computer can write a movie, let be saying true, this technology isn't up to 5 years, and Ai is already winning art competition against humans, the contestants weren't happy when they found out they lost to a computer.

As for high quality stories such as Game of thrones and breaking bad, you just have to train the AI with George Martins books, and boom, all you have to do is tell the AI to write story like George Martins.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:10am On May 03, 2023
@Baddestguyp

I used to be a freelancer, back then on freelancer dot com you'll see over a thousand request, such as write me an employment letter, write an easy about effect of drug addition,etc, yesterday I logged into my account and there where only 4 jobs available, only 4.

Calm down and let that sink in, if you think I'm lying go and visit freelancer dot com and see for yourself.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:21am On May 03, 2023
I just used AI to generate this image, how on earth can you prove this is not a real human being.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by GRIMMJOE(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2023
We are literally in the stone age of AI, and look at what it can do already.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 1:14pm On May 03, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

I've been waiting for this anime since last year.
Damn, something I was thinking we'll see this summer or autumn, them don push am to winter. That's like till late November/ December. 😓
I don't even think it's still coming this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2023
TopeQs:

I honestly don't get the hype behind that song... I've listened and still don't understand.
No be say e dey interesting, they probably saw how coco had many dope original songs and thought hyping would make the encanto anywhere close....

Even the movie was excellent, just 6/10 kinda delivery
Well, like Octopussy said, good music is subjective. Cos Encanto's music went harder than Coco's for me.

We Don't Talk About Bruno is absolutely amazing on a composition level. The tonal transitions and switches between verses, the background singing, the way everything meshes together, especially at the end. Nah! Lin-Manuel cooked something beautiful on that song

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:18pm On May 03, 2023
phr0nesis:
So quick?
I'll be feasting good this weekend and next.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:51pm On May 03, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
Did you ever believe in your life time that a computer can write a movie, let be saying true, this technology isn't up to 5 years, and Ai is already winning art competition against humans, the contestants weren't happy when they found out they lost to a computer.

As for high quality stories such as Game of thrones and breaking bad, you just have to train the AI with George Martins books, and boom, all you have to do is tell the AI to write story like George Martins.

there are many problem with this:
1. Lack of originality
2. To write a proper script there are many variables to come up with...
An AI cannot come up with all these on its own...

You would have to input so much in terms of plot twists, how you want your character to develop, etc
You can as well write the entire thing yourself

Like I said, you can tell an AI to come up with a story, but that story will lack depth...
You can tell an AI to build a world within a story, but that world will lack depth...
It will be nothing more than a cheap copy of original works...

That is why an AI cannot write a masterpiece script
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:04pm On May 03, 2023
Look at Game of Thrones...
Look at how every character has a role to play. Danaeyrs journey and how she met different characters at different stages to get to where she got...
How characters from across the world through destiny/events came together and formed relationships.
How different characters come up different schemes for different purposes

An AI cannot write this...

When you look at how different authors spin different tales, you know that in script writing, AI will remain very limited

I don't even want to mention my fav show where every event was set up from episode 1 with so many circular plot points, plot twists, foreshadowing, etc

And different characters having different goals and different beliefs of how to reach it based on the events they've experienced

When you look a stories with complex web of events, you know that AI can't write anything of such even in years to come

You would have to put in so much detail for the AI that you can as well write it yourself...
And not only that...some dialogue just cannot be expressed unless you put it in your own words
It's practically impossible to tell me that an AI can write the dialogue of shows like Mr Robot or AOT.

The dialogue has so much depth that an AI cannot express it...you would have to put it in your own words...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2023
Kaycee7:
Greedy pirate

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by neztar: 5:18pm On May 03, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Yea,Beeson is also known for his visuals,I remember him saying he had to go back to the drawing board for Valerian and the city of a thousand planets after seeing the first Avatar visuals
why do you think impossible technology is feasible in filmmaking like the time traveling machine, hoverboard.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 5:22pm On May 03, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Way9Dexny3w

Dune part 2 trailer is out .. grin best movie of 2023 (prediction) cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Look at Game of Thrones...
Look at how every character has a role to play. Danaeyrs journey and how she met different characters at different stages to get to where she got...
How characters from across the world through destiny/events came together and formed relationships.
How different characters come up different schemes for different purposes

An AI cannot write this...

When you look at how different authors spin different tales, you know that in script writing, AI will remain very limited

I don't even want to mention my fav show where every event was set up from episode 1 with so many circular plot points, plot twists, foreshadowing, etc

And different characters having different goals and different beliefs of how to reach it based on the events they've experienced

When you look a stories with complex web of events, you know that AI can't write anything of such even in years to come

You would have to put in so much detail for the AI that you can as well write it yourself...
And not only that...some dialogue just cannot be expressed unless you put it in your own words
It's practically impossible to tell me that an AI can write the dialogue of shows like Mr Robot or AOT.

The dialogue has so much depth that an AI cannot express it...you would have to put it in your own words...

AI don enter cinematography ?.. bruh I'm actually scared of the future now .. this is how the matrix and terminator started ultron will eventually destroy the human race cheesy tongue
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:55pm On May 03, 2023
🎥 Chernobyl S01 (2019) = 9.7/10 ✔️

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Barrywhyte1(m): 6:56pm On May 03, 2023
Baddestguyp:
First trailer for Dune 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Way9Dexny3w

This is how movies should be made..

With a lot of care smiley smiley

So that's cinematography and score in the bag already...

Because I don't see anyone toping this based on what I've seen in the trailer alone
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:59pm On May 03, 2023
Barrywhyte1:

Because I don't see anyone toping this based on what I've seen in the trailer alone

Lol, I've already forgotten what happened in the part 1 sef.
YouTube recap here I come.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:20pm On May 03, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 7:39pm On May 03, 2023
#DCStudios co-CEO #JamesGunn has said the #Superman reboot project from J.J. Abrams and Ta-Nehisi Coates that would reportedly star a Black lead is not off the table despite #SupermanLegacy.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:56pm On May 03, 2023
pu7pl3:

Lol, I've already forgotten what happened in the part 1 sef.
YouTube recap here I come.
same here...
But I'll probably rewatch it a day before I watch Part 2...
Not a recap...
A recap won't do it justice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:03pm On May 03, 2023
Barrywhyte1:

I pray it has a 4hr runtime.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:39pm On May 03, 2023
According to #TheFlash's production designer, the film's final budget was around $220 million. ⚡️

(Source: https:///BFCdI9y9sC)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 9:00pm On May 03, 2023
SOZINN:

I pray it has a 4hr runtime.

I must experience this in cinema cheesy even if na 10k I will still watch it

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 10:12pm On May 03, 2023
Renfield 2023

I'm the prince of Wallachia
!

This is probably the most funniest flick i have seen this year. Absolutely bonkers, delightful gore, extremely well choreographed fight scenes and ridiculously funny to a fault.

Nicolas Hoult is an arch-type satirical aficionado and he doesn't pass up the opportunity to be as pale as a Ghost, from Warm Bodies, to Mad Max:Fury Road to this. He plays the titular character, as a life long servant of the Impaler, looking to find his humanity and end his servitude. Nicolas Cage was perfect as "Dracula", a glorious casting, man has finally paid off his[i] debts[/i] and he's allowed comfy roles like this.

A satire giving but still maintained the common trope in Vampire lore like "they have to be invited in" in the tiniest but unmissable detail, the dialogues were good, perfectly weighted, cynical when they needed to be and serious and morally challenging when they needed to be also. Advertised as "Horror" but it's very comical and witty nature will enable the greatest hater of gore to stomach it and revel in this satirical paradise.

A total delight and an easy, easy recommendation.

B+.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:21pm On May 03, 2023
Kaycee7:

Overfeeding dey load aplenty this May... more still dey come by this weekend or next week. John Wick 4, Air, Super Mario Bros and more dey load.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:22pm On May 03, 2023
Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves....8/10

*No spoilers
A better movie than I expected. It did have some of the usual troupes, but I think they were executed pretty well...

Also, each member of the main cast was given enough time to shine...
It wasn't the girl power woke iish I was expecting...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) (3509) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.