Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3753611 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2023
So quick?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:31am On May 02, 2023
abduleez1:

It is what it is. I feel John Wick 4 was marketed very well. Not that they don't try to market their movies well, they also have other competitors who aren't sleeping.

As much as I love WB, I can't see a Universal animation movie and then choose a WB animated film. There's also the thing of audience preference and studio pedigree.

Has WB ever done any animation apart from DC-related animations?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 10:36am On May 02, 2023
Wrath of Man.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 11:07am On May 02, 2023
phr0nesis:

Looney tunes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 11:08am On May 02, 2023
oyaskii:
You did see my SS right? AI use is definitely part of litigation. Also see an exceprt from "Variety". I have seen what AI can do first hand, so whether AI can take the job of creatives, is up for an interesting debate.
I saw your ss, I believe the creative industry is one humans will dominate till the end of time, no matter how advanced technology gets
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:25am On May 02, 2023
abduleez1:

It is what it is. I feel John Wick 4 was marketed very well. Not that they don't try to market their movies well, they also have other competitors who aren't sleeping.

As much as I love WB, I can't see a Universal animation movie and then choose a WB animated film. There's also the thing of audience preference and studio pedigree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqy85AL70PU

What do you think?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Realmrsean: 12:27pm On May 02, 2023
phr0nesis:
So quick?
no time

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cuffee: 1:13pm On May 02, 2023
Cartoon fans, i present to you "We dont talk about bruno" from the movie Encanto. A song that will make you dance and forget your name. Let me sing it: "we dont talk about brunoo oh oh. We dont talk about bruno oh oh" ehhh! We dont talk about bruno oh oh oh oh oh oh. We dont talk about bruno ohhhhh"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:11pm On May 02, 2023
cuffee:
Cartoon fans, i present to you "We dont talk about bruno" from the movie Encanto. A song that will make you dance and forget your name. Let me sing it: "we dont talk about brunoo oh oh. We dont talk about bruno oh oh" ehhh! We dont talk about bruno oh oh oh oh oh oh. We dont talk about bruno ohhhhh"
is there any cartoon fan here? 馃寶
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 3:19pm On May 02, 2023
cuffee:
Heard it and it ain't all that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cuffee: 3:31pm On May 02, 2023
Octopusssy:
you dont know good music
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 3:34pm On May 02, 2023
cuffee:
you dont know good music
'Good music' is subjective. I'm a huge fan of Youssou Ndoor, but if I send you a sample of his song, will you agree with me that it is good music?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 3:39pm On May 02, 2023
oyaskii:
I remember a few weeks back when we had the discourse here about the impact of AI on Hollywood and some people were of the opinion that the impact will be minimal but here we are today.

The Writers Guild current striking demands include the total exclusion of AI from movie process but the studios seems not to be having it. For context"Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness" was rewritten 33 times before they found the script that the studio liked, thereby delaying filming, Insider sources are saying these studios feel, the movie process could move quite faster with use of AI.

MCU is set to be the biggest victim of this strike as most of thier project from late 2024 to 2026 are still at the writing stage hence expected delay and possible shift on their scheduled release dates.

To put things in perspective, the WGA strike of 07/08 had quite an impact on scripted television. Shows with scheduled 22 episodes were cut to 10 or even 6 episodes, so if this current strike lingers on, there might be delay in new episodes on shows currently airing or the seasons are cut short early.

Cut the b没llshit oga. Why the f没ck would marvel rely on AI to write and rewrite scripts? Is it that they are short on cash or that the fuck卯ng planet has run out of creative writers for them to hire? To the extent that movies with already scheduled dates might suffer a drawback?? Like? The MCU hasn't been moving before AI?
If not for politics and "who you know" or "who knows you" b没llshit 90% of Hollywood blockbusters won't be a fuck卯ng joke. Don't even go there.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2023
SOZINN:

Cut the b没llshit oga. Why the f没ck would marvel rely on AI to write and rewrite scripts? Is it that they are short on cash or that the fuck卯ng planet has run out of creative writers for them to hire? To the extent that movies with already scheduled dates might suffer a drawback?? Like? The MCU hasn't been moving before AI?
If not for politics and "who you know" or "who knows you" b没llshit 90% of Hollywood blockbusters won't be a fuck卯ng joke. Don't even go there.
Your thought process for this reply is all over the place so i doubt if you fully comprehend my post.

I am not saying AI is actively writing movie scripts now or for Marvel for that matter, i am simply saying the considerable delay in coming up with a script because it had to be rewritten 33 times is egging movie studios towards A.I use for script writing in the future, which the Writers Guild are not having and so they want to nip it early, hence the strike.

At bolded, I didn't say "A.I" was gonna cause the delay for upcoming MCU movies, rather it's the effect of the strike since most of these project are still at a writing stage.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Barrywhyte1(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2023
phr0nesis:

Iron giant
Happy Feet
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2023
Imo, the use of AI for script writing will only work for mediocre everyday movies...

What AI wants to write masterpiece stories like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad with all the character complexities? grin

Even the way plot twist are delivered...
Forget it, any studio using AI for it's script can only use it to produce garbage popcorn movies...

Movies like Shazam or Black Adam is what AI can write in the future

When we are talking about serious scripts with complex and epic dialogue. Shows or movies where almost every piece of dialogue has several deeper meanings

Not all these garbage formulaic dialogue we see from marvel and most popcorn movies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2023
Realmrsean:
no time
Nani junior brother
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:06pm On May 02, 2023
馃帴 Enemy At The Gates (2001) = 8/10 鉁旓笍

The Battle of Stalingrad was the bloodiest in history. 2 million Russian men died defending it. At the rate of 70,000 deaths per day, the average life expectancy of a 馃嚪馃嚭 Russian soldier was just 24 hours.

Glory to the Red Army, Glory to 馃嚪馃嚭 Russia!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 5:07pm On May 02, 2023
馃帴 Ghosted (2023) = 5.5/10 鉁旓笍

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 6:26pm On May 02, 2023
Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:41pm On May 02, 2023
Renfield.

Nick Cage stole the show. 馃憤
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TopeQs: 7:08pm On May 02, 2023
Octopusssy:

I honestly don't get the hype behind that song... I've listened and still don't understand.
No be say e dey interesting, they probably saw how coco had many dope original songs and thought hyping would make the encanto anywhere close....

Even the movie was excellent, just 6/10 kinda delivery
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cuffee: 7:18pm On May 02, 2023
Octopusssy:

'Good music' is subjective. I'm a huge fan of Youssou Ndoor, but if I send you a sample of his song, will you agree with me that it is good music?
i'm not a fan of his style of music. So i cant judge
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 8:22pm On May 02, 2023
TopeQs:

I honestly don't get the hype behind that song.
.. I've listened and still don't understand.
No be say e dey interesting, they probably saw how coco had many dope original songs and thought hyping would make the encanto anywhere close....

Even the movie was excellent, just 6/10 kinda delivery
Cuffee said if we don't like the song then it means we don't know 'good music'馃し
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 8:25pm On May 02, 2023
cuffee:
i'm not a fan of his style of music. So i cant judge
This is the subjectiveness I was referring to. I'm a fan myself, and I recognize and acknowledge that he has great talent and I enjoyed some (not all) of his songs I listened to. We all don't have the same tastes, so if I disagree with your taste, does that mean I don't know what good music sounds like?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:06pm On May 02, 2023
Barrywhyte1:

Iron giant
Happy Feet
Nickshrapnel:
Looney tunes
Oh I had no idea they were made by WB. I think they made Legend of the guardians: ... Ga'hoole too but I'm not sure they have made any animations recently
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:18pm On May 02, 2023
ShaqFu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqy85AL70PU

What do you think?

I've been waiting for this anime since last year.
Damn, something I was thinking we'll see this summer or autumn, them don push am to winter. That's like till late November/ December. 馃槗
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:23pm On May 02, 2023
phr0nesis:

Yep, they release a few animation movie every couple year.
Their first film was The Lego Movie in 2014. They've gone on to produce Storks, Smallfoot, Scoob!, Tom and Jerry, and they released DC's League of Superpets last year in theatres starring Dwayne Johnson.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cuffee: 10:32pm On May 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Imo, the use of AI for script writing will only work for mediocre everyday movies...

What AI wants to write masterpiece stories like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad with all the character complexities? grin

Even the way plot twist are delivered...
Forget it, any studio using AI for it's script can only use it to produce garbage popcorn movies...

Movies like Shazam or Black Adam is what AI can write in the future

When we are talking about serious scripts with complex and epic dialogue. Shows or movies where almost every piece of dialogue has several deeper meanings

Not all these garbage formulaic dialogue we see from marvel and most popcorn movies
help me clarify sth. Is AI going to creatively write the script?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 10:34pm On May 02, 2023
phr0nesis:

Oh I had no idea they were made by WB. I think they made Legend of the guardians: ... Ga'hoole too but I'm not sure they have made any animations recently

They released DC's League of Superpets last year in theatres starring Dwayne Johnson. Hybrid release "Space Jam: A New Legacy" was in 2021. Their movies ain't that popular cos the animation studio isn't really serious or ambitious.
They plan on releasing "Coyote vs Acme" this year from the Looney Tunes universe. There's also two films scheduled for release next year.

Although, things might change soon in the next two years as Warner Animation Group just got a new president in Bill Damaschke. He previously worked with Dreamworks for 20yrs. So maybe there might be a turnaround for the studio.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3502) (3503) (3504) (3505) (3506) (3507) (3508) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: beejay501 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.