Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3743124 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:15am On Jun 10, 2023
pu7pl3:

Don't stress yourself
I've emailed mods here severally and nothing was done.
The duration of the ban must elapse.

I see... I suspected so....their email lists would be swamped sef.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 7:19am On Jun 10, 2023
Nova15:
grin
never doubt an owl. 😁
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Liposure: 9:28am On Jun 10, 2023
SOZINN:
Dungeons and Dragons (Honor Among Thieves) - B

I was looking for a movie to watch, and I discovered this one with a 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Never before have I disagreed so firmly with an RT score as I do with this one. While the movie is engaging and humorous, you can't help but cringe at the conspicuous plot holes and generic scene arrangement in the script. Every scene features blatantly average acting.

The set design and CGI in this film, however, are superior to those in most films that cost almost twice as much to make. The ratio of good and terrible on the scale is generally even here. My rating was initially around a C, but I'd be lying if I said the dialogue wasn't a work of comedy art. As a result, I'm boosting it. 😁
why do i always mistake Chris pine for ray liotta
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 11:00am On Jun 10, 2023
8 / 10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Flamemignon1(m): 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2023
The talented Mr Ripley

A stark contrast from the book especially how they humanized the protagonist but still stayed true to the source material

The lengths man will go just to belong to high society,to love and want to be loved in return,to be seen and heard,all this leading to a deadly obsession with the victim's identity. Similarities between Tom Ripley, Patrick Bateman from American psycho and Travis Fickle from Taxi driver,all three are pawns in this consumerist capitalism culture of high society except Travis despises it, Patrick lives it and is bored of it and Tom wants it badly.Call me a monster but I was really rooting for Tom,he's the only one of the three sociopaths that I feel some sort of empathy for mostly due to the humanization of his character(I so hate him in the book). Mirrors also play a huge symbol in the movie which makes sense as one of it's central theme is identity seeing as Tom has a fragmented identity of two halves

Fantastic performances from our then fresh faced actors of 90s/2000s Hollywood mostly Damon,Law and Paltrow, Blanchett and the Late Seymour-Hoffman also shine in the few scenes they are in.

Something that stood out to me from the crew apart from John Searle's stunning cinematography of the beautiful Italian riveria was Anne Roth and Gary Jones's costume designing,they truly deserve their academy award nom....... The movie boasts one of the finest wardrobes for men in cinematic history, seriously,I have never seen a movie that went all out in the men's fashion front to the point where the female character wasn't the one standing out not even spy thrillers with their suit repertoire. Jude Law's character Dickie Greenleaf was just slaying his scenes in style and charisma, Dickie was just giving designer labels back to back,a particular blue suit he wore at the plaza steps in Naples stood out for me,e b like say make I just enter the screen rip that suit from e body
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2023
°°

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2023
Fast X.....7/10

This movie was basically an excuse for different action/driving sequences...

Story-wise nothing makes sense... character-wise nothing makes sense

But I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it...the stunt scenes were incredible...

Fast and Furious franchise is a shut-off-your-brain and enjoy franchise...and it delivers for what it is

I now understand where the budget of $340m went. Too many stars and too many big action sequences...
Didn't expect to see Goal Gadot in this movie
And it was clear that they just found a way to quickly squeeze in Dwayne Johnson in the post credits

Everyone was looking for an excuse to fight...
The dialogue felt like it was written by some 5 year old...

But somehow the movie was still a fun watch

I didn't go in expecting some next level plot...I went to be entertained with over-the-top action and yeah it did deliver

One thing about this franchise is that no one dies...
They'll keep bringing them back so you can't feel anything when someone "purportedly" dies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
I somehow enjoyed Fast X more than John Wick 4...
I never expected that...

They both made no sense but at least the action in Fast X was much more enjoyable...and more creative

John Wick action was mostly repititive...it got boring pretty fast and I slept off midway

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Fast X.....7/10

But I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it...the stunt scenes were incredible...

Fast and Furious franchise is a shut-off-your-brain and enjoy franchise...and it delivers for what it is

I now understand where the budget of $340m went. Too many stars and too many big action sequences...
And it was clear that they just found a way to quickly squeeze in Dwayne Johnson in the post credits

I didn't go in expecting some next level plot...I went to be entertained with over-the-top action and yeah it did deliver

They'll keep bringing them back so you can't feel anything when someone "purportedly" dies

You really need to learn how to stop dropping spoilers when you make reviews or arguements man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Fast X.....7/10

At the bolded, It's kinda funny, but true. Irrespective of the kind of accident they have, no one actually dies, most times they even survive without a single scar.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Cena survived that blast unscratched. As for the rest of the gang i am very sure they got out of that plane before it crashed.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
pu7pl3:

You really need to learn how to stop dropping spoilers when you make reviews or arguements man.
sorry grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
majesticguy:

At the bolded, It's kinda funny, but true. Irrespective of the kind of accident they have, no one actually dies, most times they even survive without a single scar.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Cena survived that blast unscratched. As for the rest of the gang i am very sure they got out of that plane before it crashed.
I am 100% sure he survived...
He seemed to make a move to jump out...
But the camera cuts away...

I'm sure in part 2 he will arrive to save the day...and we will be shown from another angle how he survived
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
🎥 Nefarious (2023) = 6.5/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Babaj145(m): 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Fast X.....7/10

Jason Mamoa was the star of this particular one IMO..I thought Man bodied his role well enough and brought a much needed breath of fresh air, kept the franchise alive..Vin diesel honeslty when he's not driving, it's real boring to watch his scenes...

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2023
🎥 The Witch (2015) = 6.2/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
Babaj145:

Jason Mamoa was the star of this particular one IMO..I thought Man bodied his role well enough and brought a much needed breath of fresh air, kept the franchise alive..Vin diesel honeslty when he's not driving, it's real boring to watch his scenes...

Star gini?? well for you, Jason Mamoa might be the star, for me, I didn't like how he was written. One on one with Vin Diesel and the later whooped his ar.se pretty bad like a kid.

I was expecting a Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel kind of brawl, even the tiny Jason Statham stood his ground against Vin Diesel, but all we got was Vin Diesel whooping him up like a kid, he didn't even throw a single punch. If you saw the series SEE, you'd know why I said the Jason Mamoa character was poorly written in Fast X.

He is one of the worst written villians in the franchise so far. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end he joins Family 😆.

6 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I am 100% sure he survived...
He seemed to make a move to jump out...
But the camera cuts away...

I'm sure in part 2 he will arrive to save the day...and we will be shown from another angle how he survived

😁.. I totally concur..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Babaj145:

true...this movie was far better than the last few ones

Anyway I finally started my rewatch of the Fast and Furious franchise...right from the first movie...
I have everything...

I honestly can't remember anything about the first few movies...it's almost as if I never watched them...
In fact I'm thinking I didn't watch some of them
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
majesticguy:

Star gini?? well for you, Jason Mamoa might be the star, for me, I didn't like how he was written. One on one with Vin Diesel and the later whooped his ar.se pretty bad like a kid.

I was expecting a Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel kind of brawl, even the tiny Jason Statham stood his ground against Vin Diesel, but all we got was Vin Diesel whooping him up like a kid, he didn't even throw a single punch. If you saw the series SEE, you'd know why I said the Jason Mamoa character was poorly written in Fast X.

He is one of the worst written villians in the franchise so far. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end he joins Family 😆.

your definition of well written seems to be kicking àss

And in that situation he did not need to kick àss...he was surrounded...he'd probably have been shot dead even before his men in the chopper arrived
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2023
People like talking about how the Fast and Furious franchise started as a street racing movie...

But in the first scene in the first movie was a heist with cars...

And we already had an undercover cop with unlimited budget driving a supercar and getting it blown up
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
your definition of well written seems to be kicking àss
Exactly, it adds to the fun and experience. In previous installments we saw Vin Diesel go one on one against Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham and John Cena, so why exempt Jason Mamoa. Dude is evenly matched in comparison to Vin Diesel, so why deny us that show.

And in that situation he did not need to kick àss...he was surrounded...he'd probably have been shot dead even before his men in the chopper arrived

You seem to be applying logic or reasoning here, no be Fast and Furious again?? Nobody dies, i remember you saying the nobody dies above
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Babaj145(m): 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2023
majesticguy:

He is one of the worst written villians in the franchise so far. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end he joins Family .

If you ask me i think that was kinda the point..they gave us something different from what we were all used to and expecting..they have shown us already in the previous installments that you can't and won't win a fist fight with Toretto, that will be making it too easy for him...This one was a completely different kind of enemy, a more dangerous and unpredictable kind of beast far different from the previous ones Dom had faced before, this guy spent the last 12 years masterminding a plan to make Dom pay the ultimate price, he knew exactly how to hurt Dom, he didn't care about who could throw more blows..I don't know about you but I'm sure tired of watching the same storyline play out over and over again, Dom and the villain have one crazy fist fight, Dom somehow always end up winning the fight, then Villain later turn Family in the end...its pretty watched up and boring at this point..Dante Reyes to me is the perfect villain for Dom...

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
majesticguy:

Exactly, it adds to the fun and experience. In previous installments we saw Vin Diesel go one on one against Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham and John Cena, so why exempt Jason Mamoa. Dude is evenly matched in comparison to Vin Diesel, so why deny us that show.

You seem to be applying logic or reasoning here, no be Fast and Furious again?? Nobody dies, i remember you saying the nobody dies above
you could still argue he didn't need to kick àss there...

He's like a chessmaster...he controls the game...

Sometimes I try to rationalize fast and Furious...my mistake
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
Babaj145:

If you ask me i think that was kinda the point..they gave us something different from what we were all used to and expecting..they have shown us already in the previous installments that you can't and won't win a fist fight with Toretto, that will be making it too easy for him...This one was a completely different kind of enemy, a more dangerous and unpredictable kind of beast far different from the previous ones Dom had faced before, this guy spent the last 12 years masterminding a plan to make Dom pay the ultimate price, he knew exactly how to hurt Dom, he didn't care about who could throw more blows..I don't know about you but I'm sure tired of watching the same storyline play out over and over again, Dom and the villain have one crazy fist fight, Dom somehow always end up winning the fight, then Villain later turn Family in the end...its pretty watched up and boring at this point..Dante Reyes to me is the perfect villain for Dom...
@ bolded
the dude even mocked Dom for that towards the end...
He said not everyone will be converted into his family grin

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Babaj145(m): 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:
@ bolded

Exactly😂😂
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2023
The Fast and Furious 2001......7/10

People like to talk as if this first movie was solely about street racing when it clearly isn't...

The movie contains heist scenes but there is far less fight scenes...they aren't fighting like special agents or performing heists around the world...

But the current state of the FF franchise was never out of the realm of possibility...that much is clear after watching this first movie

They aren't doing supernatural stunts with cars here tho...and they are actually getting serious injuries...stakes are real here

Of course even in the backstory, no mention about the mysterious brother who somehow appeared in the future movies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:59am On Jun 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
@ bolded
Almost all the Villains they fought later became their family, please we don't need another fast movie again, this one is okay. 😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:15am On Jun 11, 2023
Baddestguyp:
@ bolded

Don't rule out the possibility of Dante becoming family just yet😁, one thing i noticed about the franchise is that they always keep the star cast as family. Two possibilities exists, either Dante joins family or he dies. If they plan on continuing the franchise, Dante would definitely be converted to family. Infact i see Dante killing Aimes for family. The whole franchise has been about family from the onset, you can't break family, rather you join them, Dante turned those mercenaries against their boss because of family.

Also, there's another possibility of Dante dying, but not before he joins or acknowledges the importance of family before Dom.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 7:23am On Jun 11, 2023
Babaj145:

I see your point and i understand were you are coming from. But speaking for myself, I wasn't really satisfied with that scene, I kind of wanted a brawl between the two right there. And a brawl between the two wouldn't stop Dante from being the bad ass he is, would it

For the later point, isn't it Fast and Furious again? As long as the franchise would continue, you can't break familia, rather you join them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2023
I don tire for this bot sha
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 10:05am On Jun 11, 2023
pu7pl3:

I swear, why did I read this on an early Sunday morning 🤦🏾‍♂️?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: rockhillz(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.