Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3744135 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BankyGee(m): 10:07am On Jun 11, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
Almost all the Villains they found later became their family, please we don't need another fast movie again, this one is okay. πŸ˜‚
🀣🀣🀣

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 10:21am On Jun 11, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
Almost all the Villains they found later became their family, please we don't need another fast movie again, this one is okay. πŸ˜‚

Family is forever.

Fast and furious 20 to come out 2033 grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Family is forever.

This must be a joke. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Family is forever.

I think they are going for the alphabet series since this one is X

Fast and furious Z might be the next shiit grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
2dice01:
I think they are going for the alphabet series since this one is X

Fast and furious Z might be the next shiit grin

Not really going for Alphabet.

The X here represents 10.... It's Roman Numeral.

Remember this is the 10th movie of the franchise
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 2dice01: 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
MetroLane:

Not really going for Alphabet.

The X here represents 10.... It's Roman Numeral.

Remember this is the 10th movie of the franchise
True
Didn't even think about it that way

lemme go watch it and confirm the lamba people are talking about
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2023
ShaqFu:
Cao is one of the moderators of this section. She's here as she post reviews and occasionally diss logicboy and baggestguyp on the beat for too much shalayeing. 😁😁😁

If you want to know the moniker of the moderator moderating a section, go to the end of any page of the section , after you see the monikers viewing the section, you'll see the moderators there.

Lol, I see.
Yep, I know Cao. I see her drop reviews or movies from time to time. Never knew she was a mod. So na so person for collect cruise missile unknowningly if say person does anyhow. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
Weekend Movie

- Fast X (2023)

Chilling with my family as we watch The Family save each other while destroying other families with the power of Family.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
Reality.... 7.5/10

It's a nail biting retelling of the arrest/interrogation of Reality Winner, an NSA contractor who was charged with leaking confidential national information to the public through a whistleblower site β€” The Intercept.
Suspense filled, a kind of claustrophobic boxed in type of feeling ensued while watching the movie as the interrogation went on. Kudos to Sydney Sweeney and the director for perfectly depicting the various emotions, mannerisms and reenacting the dialogue that ensued that day. She has great acting range.

It’s a story about truth and twisted facts, about shadows and subterfuge, and the woman at its center is literally named Reality.

What makes it chilling is that the dialogue for this film is based on a verbatim replica, including redactions of the FBI's transcripts of the interrogation on Reality. It's a true life story about the ruthless investigation that followed after the US 2016 elections and the movie wasn't written at all by a creative team. Just tapped every damn thing word for word (as well as breathe, background noise) on what the FBI agents recorded during the interrogation. It has a feel of a quasi-documentary of some sorts but the dramatisation is premium.

I'm still on the fence here as to how pivotal these "Russian Interference" was significant to the US elections that culminated in Trump's 2016 win. My take is Russian Interference talk is a little overblown. It's just a way of US democrats not accepting the fact that a Trump candidacy won.

There's interference of some sorts with information war/disinformation etc, but is it significant enough to alter election outcomes? I fvvking think not!!
Make everybody accept say Trump beat out Clinton. Take the L and move on. When you remember the fact that Trump won based on electoral college and lost on popular vote, this interference talk becomes somewhat laughable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
abduleez1:
Reality.... 7.5/10

It's a nail biting retelling of the arrest/interrogation of Reality Winner, an NSA contractor who was charged with leaking confidential national information to the public through a whistleblower site β€” The Intercept.
Suspense filled, a kind of claustrophobic boxed in type of feeling ensued while watching the movie as the interrogation went on. Kudos to Sydney Sweeney and the director for perfectly depicting the various emotions, mannerisms and reenacting the dialogue that ensued that day. She has great acting range.

It’s a story about truth and twisted facts, about shadows and subterfuge, and the woman at its center is literally named Reality.

What makes it chilling is that the dialogue for this film is based on a verbatim replica, including redactions of the FBI's transcripts of the interrogation on Reality. It's a true life story about the ruthless investigation that followed after the US 2016 elections and the movie wasn't written at all by a creative team. Just tapped every damn thing word for word (as well as breathe, background noise) on what the FBI agents recorded during the interrogation. It has a feel of a quasi-documentary of some sorts but the dramatisation is premium.

I'm still on the fence here as to how pivotal these "Russian Interference" was significant to the US elections that culminated in Trump's 2016 win. My take is Russian Interference talk is a little overblown. It's just a way of US democrats not accepting the fact that a Trump candidacy won.

There's interference of some sorts with information war/disinformation etc, but is it significant enough to alter election outcomes? I fvvking think not!!
Make everybody accept say Trump beat out Clinton. Take the L and move on. When you remember the fact that Trump won based on electoral college and lost on popular vote, this interference talk becomes somewhat laughable.

First of...I thought the casting of Sydney Sweeney as Reality Winner was an A class casting!.

Secondly...I feel it was a tad unfair that she had to do time in a federal prison for providing evidence for something that was obviously true, and the public getting wind of such info is most likely for the better and help guide against it in future elections.

Democrats were really clutching at straws in the 2016 Election cycle, They never really took Trump serious till like 6 months to the election. They enacted and unearthed every smear campaign against him, and yet his stock continued to rise but Dems, still couldn't believe he could win, infact Hillary Clinton's Victory party had almost started on Election Night before they sent cold down her spine lol, I could remember Lady Gaga and Katy Perry crying backstage at the said victory party cheesy. Funny enough, I don't think the Russia Intervention even did so much, Hillary Clinton still won the popular votes by a gap of almost 2.6 million, and were it not for the warped electoral college votes system that the US uses, she could have been the first female POTUS. Even the Trump administration didn't improve relations with Russia, if for anything strained it, because one would have thought, that would be the logical thing to happen, hence the Russia Intervention.

A good flick in end, but alas one could easily get bored and lose focus. I think the moral of it all is that, the American Intelligence hate leaks as it undermines thier perceived strength in the eyes of the international community, not minding if "said leaks" were in the greater interest of the American Public".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
⬇️⬇️⬇️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Achilles100: 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
Just seeing A Star is Born and my God Lady Gaga is short. Like Biblo Baggins short

Bleep!!!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Kaycee7:
Weekend Movie

- Fast X (2023)

Chilling with my family as we watch The Family save each other while destroying other families with the power of Family.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
65. Seen and heard before. Same old same old generic movie. Nothing new. I wonder why they even bothered to make the movie. I literally could see spoilers while watching the movie.

4/10.

Megan. Modified chuck or terminator whatever rocks your boat. Midly entertaining 5/10.

Creed 3. Good movie. Not upto standards of the predecessors but still okay. 7/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003).....6.5/10

Dominic Toretto wasn't even in this second movie at all...
But this movie saw Roman Pearce's (Tyrese Gibson) first appearance in the franchise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Abduleez1, Kaycee7 and all other concerned movies enthusiasts.

Now I can die in peace cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JobNeededUrgent: 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Is it safe to say I rate bullet train 2022 a 9/10?
Mehn the movie is loaded with so many top stars
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by johnyace(m): 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
W

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
Kaycee7:
Weekend Movie

- Fast X (2023)

The audacity of the werey people.
They literally were mentioning and lecturing people about family for the first 10 mins. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ They don't take us seriously or rate us anymore.

Them just dey whine us with the first minutes... They were basically saying, "we don't give a damn as long as Family stays together". 😭😭

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
Calibrator:

Na this kind woman I want in my life presently.... πŸ™ŒπŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
johnyace:
W

Better than I expected.... Strong performance in China seems to have helped it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2023
The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)....8/10

The best of the FF franchise so far from my rewatch. The racing and stunts are far better than the first 2 movies.

It seems they actually used very good professional stuntmen for this movie cos the street racing is very good. Based on racing alone...it's probably one of the best in the entire franchise imo...
Everything here felt doable but still so well done...

Not like the latest movie where they were using cars to drive a bomb bal and even a steel safe l around the city without anybody getting hurt

And I like the Character of Han.
Even though I know his death later got retconned and he somehow survived...watching him die here was painful

I can see why he's a fan favorite and why they chose to bring him back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Someone who killed snake?

I don't wish such for you bro.

There can't be two men in a supposedly heterosexual relationship.
abduleez1:

Na this kind woman I want in my life presently.... πŸ™ŒπŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
oyaskii:
First of...I thought the casting of Sydney Sweeney as Reality Winner was an A class casting!.

Secondly...I feel it was a tad unfair that she had to do time in a federal prison for providing evidence for something that was obviously true, and the public getting wind of such info is most likely for the better and help guide against it in future elections.

Democrats were really clutching at straws in the 2016 Election cycle, They never really took Trump serious till like 6 months to the election. They enacted and unearthed every smear campaign against him, and yet his stock continued to rise but Dems, still couldn't believe he could win, infact Hillary Clinton's Victory party had almost started on Election Night before they sent cold down her spine lol, I could remember Lady Gaga and Katy Perry crying backstage at the said victory party cheesy. Funny enough, I don't think the Russia Intervention even did so much, Hillary Clinton still won the popular votes by a gap of almost 2.6 million, and were it not for the warped electoral college votes system that the US uses, she could have been the first female POTUS. Even the Trump administration didn't improve relations with Russia, if for anything strained it, because one would have thought, that would be the logical thing to happen, hence the Russia Intervention.

A good flick in end, but alas one could easily get bored and lose focus. I think the moral of it all is that, the American Intelligence hate leaks as it undermines thier perceived strength in the eyes of the international community, not minding if "said leaks" were in the greater interest of the American Public".

I'm like, they made it look like another "Snowden shitshow" whereas it's just an agent leaking info the government would like to stay hidden. Those info ain't really needed to be that classified or even enough to warrant jail time.
Reality Winner is seen as a national hero for that leak.

Yeah I agree with you, US Intelligence loves to protect their prestige as pristine as possible.

Sweeney really surprised me on that performance. She was really good and truly shines as a leading woman. I believe her stock has risen based on this and I love seeing "Euphoria" cast members Win in Life. πŸ˜‰

US above all would still have been the ultimate benefactor of the Trump administration with his strong hard-line geopolitics with China and warping it's growth. Just like you I was waiting to see his Russia relations which really didn't improve much or seems to say much of a Bromance with Putin. I just feel Trump kinda respects the man and the power he exerts.
I liked what Trump did to those coΒ’ky Democrat brats. They were so full of themselves and hoping the Bushes not supporting Trump would be enough to derail him. They just kept on doing one of the biggest smear campaign in history and yet still lost. Dem just dey gas the man up.

Trump might be annoying and borderline rude but what I like of him is he says things as he sees it. Doesn't sugar coat and is very headstrong on his beliefs. I can't deny man's a joy to watch. He's an entertainer. πŸ˜… Even tho na rubbish him wan talk, Trump must to talk am with him full chest. 😭

Those werey celebrating even before the battle had begun was the sweetest thing in the big fat L Trump gave them.

Some Nigerians love to diss Trump but are quickly to forget, the US weapons systems we're currently procuring or in waiting for delivery were ALL because of Trump. The war against terrorism in Nigeria didn't interest America until Trump came and okayed The sale of A-29 Super Tucano jets and associated missiles. That goodwill is what transferred into Biden and US senate approving Buhari's billion dollar AH-1Z Viper helicopters.

And this is why I'll forever detest anything Obama in relation to African affairs. Na to promote stupid g@y rights the mad man thought more important than the progress of the continent.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
Calibrator:
Someone who killed snake?

I don't wish such for you bro.

There can't be two men in a supposedly heterosexual relationship.

Lol, na the vibes I like bro and the shared interests in hobbies.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Sha be careful what you wish for
abduleez1:

Lol, na the vibes I like bro and the shared interests in hobbies.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Calibrator:

This one na man of the house
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by johnyace(m): 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
abduleez1:

Better than I expected.... Strong performance in China seems to have helped it.
yeah, was a bit worried for the movie, the movie's quality seems to have made up for it's poor marketing
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Oyaskii don chop ban. 😁

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 9:48am On Jun 12, 2023
Jason Momoa was acting like Captain Jack Sparrow in FAST X.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:02am On Jun 12, 2023
Dotng:
Jason Momoa was acting like Captain Jack Sparrow in FAST X.

I thought I was the only one that noticed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: reekay2000(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.