Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3772610 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3605) (3606) (3607) (3608) (3609) (3610) (3611) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 10:38am On Jul 15, 2023
Weekend Watch List

- Asteroid City (2023)

Time to see what Mr Anderson has cooked this time.

- Jujutsu Kaisen 0 (2021)

Yuta Okkotsu gains control of an extremely powerful, cursed spirit and gets enrolled in the Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High School by sorcerers to help him control his power and keep an eye on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2023
pryme:

And since when do you earn the right to call either me or Abduleez1 names without sounding like an activist yourself, are you retarded or something?
Speaking of heat, can you take the heat that comes with defending the damages the vaccine has caused?
You clearly didn't read my post further proving the point that you are probably just looking for an unnecessary fight. You bolded the part that suite your narrative and left the part that gave context to my point, I was simply saying he has no say in Disney for him to warrant the harsh rebuke you were using on him. I didn't call abduleez1 names, it was you i called names for the overly aggressive tone you were using against him when the does have a stake on what goes on at Disney. Secondly i used the Anti-vaxx occultist analogy on you because, that's how aggressive and sensitive they usually become whilst closing thier senses to cognitive reasoning, so i wasn't necessarily calling you that.

Now you have switch to a Vaccine debate, go to the health section and debate this, or just talk to people you trust if you have unresolved issues and heal...Life is not that hard.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:07am On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
Weekend Watch List

- Asteroid City (2023)

Yuta Okkotsu gains control of an extremely powerful, cursed spirit and gets enrolled in the Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High School by sorcerers to help him control his power and keep an eye on him.
Maan... Asteroid City scares me. It feels like, if you have seen a Wes Anderson movie, you have probably seen them all and the fact that this didn't even last up to a month in theatrical run before the HD release makes me more skeptical.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:22am On Jul 15, 2023
oyaskii:
You clearly didn't read my post further proving the point that you are probably just looking for an unnecessary fight. You bolded the part that suite your narrative and left the part that gave context to my point, I was simply saying he has no say in Disney for him to warrant the harsh rebuke you were using on him. I didn't call abduleez1 names, it was you i called names for the overly aggressive tone you were using against him when the does have a stake on what goes on at Disney. Secondly i used the Anti-vaxx occultist analogy on you because, that's how aggressive and sensitive they usually become whilst closing thier senses to cognitive reasoning, so i wasn't necessarily calling you that.

Now you have switch to a Vaccine debate, go to the health section and debate this, or just talk to people you trust if you have unresolved issues and heal...Life is not that hard.

What narrative are you talking about? Am i the one that pieced alphabets together that called me a doomsday cultist? Oh you dont like me calling you out?
So pointing out a lie is looking for a fight? Is this the level of cuck we are dealing with now?

So because this a movie thread lies can fester so that we "get along"?
Jeez.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2023
Please please please, can we just go back to recommending movies?? What's with all these box office arguments for heaven's sake?? Last time I checked it did not add a dime to anybody's account angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2023
Baddestguyp:
script feels like it was written by an AI

When all the same safe and overused cliches are mixed together to form a movie

When you watch the movie for the first time, yet it feels like you've already seen that movie 100 times before...

It was just too much. Everything is what you've seen before a thousand times.

Lol @ AI script.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2023
oyaskii:
Maan... Asteroid City scares me. It feels like, if you have seen a Wes Anderson movie, you have probably seen them all and the fact that this didn't even last up to a month in theatrical run before the HD release makes me more skeptical.
I'll try and leave a review for this one, then. Might help with your skepticism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2023
pryme:

So why include a lie in your post if you don't know anything about the bill?
The bill has a name but you and your baby fvcker disgusting friends tried to smear Desantis because he wants to stop Disney from sexualizing Kids.

grin grin grin
Seems you're butthurt bruh, you need to chill... It's affecting your sense of reasoning and comprehension.

Where in my post did I talk specifically about the bill?? grin
I mentioned in passing the fight between Disney and Ron De Santis cos of the Bill and not the bill itself.
The public fight about that bill of course affected Disney's perception or brand to the public and conservatives. If you're in support of the bill as a consumer and you saw Disney's antics I'm sure you wouldn't want to sponsor Disney by purchasing it's products. It was a publicity blunder.
That heated fight between Disney and Santis made Disney World lose its special status in the state.
And of course we all know blunders like this also led to Bob Chapek's forceful retirement at Disney.

And how is me mentioning circumstances around your supposed Disney performance the same as me supporting Disney??
E be like say you be Clown 🀑

And you lie through your teeth again that Disney parks are generating low income because of COVID, the same Disney that have reduced the price of their Park ticket from $178 to $54 begging people to come to their parks.
If it's because of COVID how come Universal is on the opposite projection.

I don't know how you see or understand your economics. πŸ€”
Everyone in the world regardless of your region or race is still suffering from the effects of COVID till this day and the inflation in prices.
Do you think everyone would be willing to shell hard earned money on intangibles like they did when there was a boom before the global recession in 2020-2021??

On Universal, each company have different ideology and different specific circumstances that influence their business decisions. Of course, one company was always gonna fare better than another in any industry.
Eg. Disney+ charged way lower and around $6 for its streaming service just to gain large subscriber base, while HBOMax was at a high of $15 for its service. Disney gained the larger subscribers almost 2Γ— more than Max but that didn't translate to it making more money than HBOMax. HBOMax had a Average Revenue Per User of $11 whole Disney+ was over $4.

In early 2022 everyone was calling WB stupid and heartless due to massive cancellations... Fast forward to late 2022 till now everybody starts to do the exact same thing they criticised WB for.

And How is slashing prices to get more people to patronise your services in anyway means you're not making profits?
It simply means Disney ain't at an advantageous position to charge more for the same services like they used to.
The data I showed you still showed Disney's revenue was up against same time last year.

Since you know so much of Disney's underperformance, can you bring latest fact based data and SEC Filings and financial reports on their business?? Which data says the company is operating at a loss or revenue is dropping??
I'm waiting. 🌚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:52am On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
I'll try and leave a review for this one, then. Might help with your skepticism
Thanks blud πŸ‘. Btw, been seeing less of reviews lately, please, what changed?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
oyaskii:
Thanks blud πŸ‘. Btw, been seeing less of reviews lately, please, what changed?
Time. But mostly because I switched from ghostwriting to frontend webdev, so my writing time's minimal these days.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
Weekend Watch List

- Asteroid City (2023)

You never still watch peak JJK 0?? 🀯🀯
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
oyaskii:

I think say na only me get doubt.
I wanted to download it yesterday but opted for Transformers.

Wes truly has this feel with his movies looking and feeling the same. The habit of always reusing the same actors over and over don't help sef. You must see Adrien Brody, Jeffrey Wright and co.... grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
abduleez1:

You never still watch peak JJK 0?? 🀯🀯
Actually just finished the first season of JJK the same day season 2 dropped.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Greta is gradually moving up to the top cadre. This is good.

I'm happy for her.... She needs to be appreciated as she deserves. Want more indie directors like her to gain more mainstream appeal since the old guys in the game can't do entertaining fresh takes no more.

Seems she's hell bent on being and staying at the top for good. πŸ˜‰
Funny how some people got mad after this statement and wanted her to remain in indie films. grin grin

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
Actually just finished the first season of JJK the same day season 2 dropped.

Omo na peak you dey roll with oo.

That Todo and Yuuji Itadori bromance for S1 still dey shack me. Na wetin make me no still delete the last seven or so episodes for JJK S1. grin grin

Na Yuuji storyline I wan see now not Good Satoru.
I never feel the first episode.

But this JJK 0 was a nice deviation from S1 and was peak entertainment all through. The fight and storyline sef mad die. The Cinematography and graphics sef na joy to watch.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:45pm On Jul 15, 2023
Shazam: Fury of The Gods......4.5/10

Wtf did I just watch?? grin grin
This thing is borderline camp done too much. Stupid @ss dialogue and storytelling. Darn too clichΓ© for my liking and cringe jokes that didn't land well. Low tier CGI that even the original betters.

Omo, it looks like Black Adam is even better than this one. cheesy
The original is faaarrr better than this crap. I can see why WB didn't even bother to market it. πŸ˜‚
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2023
Mank (2020) ....... Watching

This film just gave me one massive sleep inducing dose last night. I no know wetin sup.
This is so off-brand of David Fincher. 🀐
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2023
abduleez1:

grin grin grin
Seems you're butthurt bruh, you need to chill... It's affecting your sense of reasoning and comprehension.

Where in my post did I talk specifically about the bill?? grin
I mentioned in passing the fight between Disney and Ron De Santis cos of the Bill and not the bill itself.
The public fight about that bill of course affected Disney's perception or brand to the public and conservatives. If you're in support of the bill as a consumer and you saw Disney's antics I'm sure you wouldn't want to sponsor Disney by purchasing it's products. It was a publicity blunder.
That heated fight between Disney and Santis made Disney World lose its special status in the state.
And of course we all know blunders like this also led to Bob Chapek's forceful retirement at Disney.

And how is me mentioning circumstances around your supposed Disney performance the same as me supporting Disney??
E be like say you be Clown 🀑

I don't know how you see or understand your economics. πŸ€”
Everyone in the world regardless of your region or race is still suffering from the effects of COVID till this day and the inflation in prices.
Do you think everyone would be willing to shell hard earned money on intangibles like they did when there was a boom before the global recession in 2020-2021??

On Universal, each company have different ideology and different specific circumstances that influence their business decisions. Of course, one company was always gonna fare better than another in any industry.
Eg. Disney+ charged way lower and around $6 for its streaming service just to gain large subscriber base, while HBOMax was at a high of $15 for its service. Disney gained the larger subscribers almost 2Γ— more than Max but that didn't translate to it making more money than HBOMax. HBOMax had a Average Revenue Per User of $11 whole Disney+ was over $4.

In early 2022 everyone was calling WB stupid and heartless due to massive cancellations... Fast forward to late 2022 till now everybody starts to do the exact same thing they criticised WB for.

And How is slashing prices to get more people to patronise your services in anyway means you're not making profits?
It simply means Disney ain't at an advantageous position to charge more for the same services like they used to.
The data I showed you still showed Disney's revenue was up against same time last year.

Since you know so much of Disney's underperformance, can you bring latest fact based data and SEC Filings and financial reports on their business?? Which data says the company is operating at a loss or revenue is dropping??
I'm waiting. 🌚

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
Whoever made this nonsense latest installment of the Transformers franchise.... Everybody involved in the project.

Precious data in this Tinubu weather wasted for nothing... Can't even get past the first 30 mins.

Not a single one of them will escape what they deserve in this life!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Calibrator:
Whoever made this nonsense latest installment of the Transformers franchise.... Everybody involved in the project.

Precious data in this Tinubu weather wasted for nothing... Can't even get past the first 30 mins.

Not a single one of them will escape what they deserve in this life!

Lol grin grin
How was the Trans Transformers
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
abduleez1:

Omo na peak you dey roll with oo.

That Todo and Yuuji Itadori bromance for S1 still dey shack me. Na wetin make me no still delete the last seven or so episodes for JJK S1. grin grin
Todo x Yuuji bromance is peak character dynamics. The way Todo says, "My brother" or "My besto friendo" just dey off me everytime grin grin

Na Yuuji storyline I wan see now not Good Satoru.
I never feel the first episode.

But this JJK 0 was a nice deviation from S1 and was peak entertainment all through. The fight and storyline sef mad die. The Cinematography and graphics sef na joy to watch.
Gege Akitarou, JJK's author, definitely knows how to write entertaining characters and character dynamics. That's why I'm not really missing the main plot yet. Geto's dynamic with Gojo and Megumi's father's scenes keep me hooked.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2023
abduleez1:

I think say na only me get doubt.
I wanted to download it yesterday but opted for Transformers.

Wes truly has this feel with his movies looking and feeling the same. The habit of always reusing the same actors over and over don't help sef. You must see Adrien Brody, Jeffrey Wright and co.... grin
I don avoid am tire...lol he's a proper autuer plus I didn't really feel "The French Dispatch".
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
Time. But mostly because I switched from ghostwriting to frontend webdev, so my writing time's minimal these days.
Oh...Valid... I remember when i was learning the ropes of JavaScript, and i couldn't get any other work done plus my head almost caught fire 😩.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2023
oyaskii:
Oh...Valid... I remember when i was learning the ropes of JavaScript, and i couldn't get any other work done plus my head almost caught fire 😩.
Egbon, words of advice for a newbie because there are days I feel like I'm running mad 😭😭
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
oyaskii:

You're not alone chief, though i have already downloaded it, all die na die
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:

WOW! Interesting. Is it the HTML CSS and normal Vanilla JavaScript or are you also into JS frameworks. The first two are very easy to learn, were you'd see shege is JavaScript. But if you're are consistent and determined, you'd succeed. Though the field is quite saturated ATM, if you are learning it, try and stand out otherwise you're wasting your time.

You're still learning the ropes right?

Front end web dev is very additive, as long as you know what you are doing, most times, i code for hours and even forget I've eaten. When I started initial, I code in my dreams. The obsession and addition was on another level for me, although it's not so nowadays. The joy of breathing life to UI/UX designs knows no bounds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2023
majesticguy:

WOW! Interesting. Is it the HTML CSS and normal Vanilla JavaScript or are you also into JS frameworks. The first two are very easy to learn, were you'd see shege is JavaScript. But if you're are consistent and determined, you'd succeed. Though the field is quite saturated ATM, if you are learning it, try and stand out otherwise you're wasting your time.

You're still learning the ropes right?

Front end web dev is very additive, as long as you know what you are doing, most times, i code for hours and even forget I've eaten. When I started initial, I code in my dreams. The obsession and addition was on another level for me, although it's not so nowadays. The joy of breathing life to UI/UX designs knows no bounds.
Currently in vanilla JavaScript. Hoping to get a good grip on it by next month ending and then move on to React framework.

It's truly addictive. I start working on a task and before I know it, 5 hours is gone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
Egbon, words of advice for a newbie because there are days I feel like I'm running mad 😭😭
😩😭😭 I would be lying if i say it gets easier, but with dedication and time you will get the hang of it. It's afte HTML and CSS that things tends to get rough. Find yourself the best materials, they are abound everywhere, and some are even free. If you feel a burnout, step away from it for a while and do things that gives you joy, and go back when you are fully motivated...all the best harmano πŸ‘

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
Currently in vanilla JavaScript. Hoping to get a good grip on it by next month ending and then move on to React framework.

It's truly addictive. I start working on a task and before I know it, 5 hours is gone.
You are well on your way then πŸ‘...Kudos.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2023
oyaskii:
😩😭😭 I would be lying if i say it gets easier, but with dedication and time you will get the hang of it. It's afte HTML and CSS that things tends to get rough. Find yourself the best materials, they are abound everywhere, and some are even free. If you feel a burnout, step away from it for a while and do things that gives you joy, and go back when you are fully motivated...all the best harmano πŸ‘
Thanks, chief.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2023
majesticguy:

You're not alone chief, though i have already downloaded it, all die na die
Abi o..I already have it in my Gdrive cloud and the size is small...might as well just see it

(1) (2) (3) ... (3605) (3606) (3607) (3608) (3609) (3610) (3611) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.