Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3733731 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3604) (3605) (3606) (3607) (3608) (3609) (3610) ... (3830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
DrDax:

My mistake on Paramount. Did not see the negative.

My point still stands though.

This means Netflix is the king of them all. At least for now.

That is when juxtapose Profit against Revenue.

There is a lot of waste with the bigger players.

Not really.
It ain't as easy as that.

If you calculate the profit margins [(profit ÷ revenue) × 100] of all the companies this is the data : 👇

Netflix = 21%
WB = 24%
Disney = 12%
Paramount = -6.4%
Universal = 15%

This is the profit each company earns per dollar of revenue generated.

This means WB earns more money or profit compared to Netflix. So WB somehow is the King of them all according to that data.

It can be inferred that WB is well optimized to earn more profit than all despite suffering huge losses to its theatrical business. It's the most efficient of all.

Cc Pryme
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nickshrapnel: 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning 1
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Broskyjames:
The standard of the first one wasn't that high tbh, and this easily beats it, with more action sequence and less drama.

And you can't actually be looking for quality writing in this, the main emphasis and were the budget went to was the action and it delivered excellently, far better than the many trash out this year with supposed better writing.

Oh part one had a very good writing.
But like I said, it's the action that carried this movie.
Compared to the trash the Major studios are putting out this should be a 10/10.
But this is Extraction I will keep it on it's own level, it's like going to watch John Wick, you expect more.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DrDax: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
abduleez1:

Not really.
It ain't as easy as that.

If you calculate the profit margins [(profit ÷ revenue) × 100] of all the companies this is the data : 👇

Netflix = 21%
WB = 24%
Disney = 12%
Paramount = -6.4%
Universal = 15%

This is the profit each company earns per dollar of revenue generated.

This means WB earns more money or profit compared to Netflix. So WB somehow is the King of them all according to that data.

It can be inferred that WB is well optimized to earn more profit than all despite suffering huge losses to its theatrical business. It's the most efficient of all.

One cannot argue with data.

You win.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2023
pryme:

What he did to Drax in Guardians of The Galaxy was criminal. Have you read their comics before, thats not the real Guardians.

As the for Outsiders (Metamophor, Kitana, Jerico), they Teamed up with Batman NOT Superman in the comics, there was and entire series about them. and trust me its a banger. Thats why I said the natural thing should be to simple adapt it. But Gunn is about to do what he did to the Gaurdians.

Lol, I know that he made Drax goofy AF. But there's not much comic accuracy in the MCU compared to the DCEU.

How do you know it's a team up Superman movie? Gunn had said it's a movie with the sole focus on Superman and Lois. He's trying to show Superman interact with his fellow heroes in the new DCU and not using the usual suspects like Batman, Wonder Woman and co we've been seeing endlessly. Instead, it's a clever way of introducing new lesser known characters into the DCU early and a perfect strategy to make a few characters popular early in the DCU to attract audience and a possible solo movie or team up film.

Even if Gunn used them as a team up, there's nothing wrong with that since those heroes just casted are all members of the Justice League. So it makes sense to team up with them.

The team I'm seeing here is the Terrifics and not the Outsiders. With Plastic Man and Phantom Girl making up the team alongside newly casted Mr Terrific and Metamorpho. Gunn has even teased them a while back.

It's better to chill and see how things play out.
It's kinda funny when you see characters and start guessing their storyline at this period. It's too early bro.
My own is I should see my favourite characters and get happy. Deep into production that's when you can hope or guess storylines.
I'm more focused on seeing Justice League Dark members appear in the DCU for now.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
pryme:

This is false the guy you quote is right, Disney and Warner are threading water.
WB are in Billions of $$ debt, The parks that are Disney's biggest cash cow are now losing money, the Star Cruiser hotel that they spent Billions to build shut down. Disney are cancelling shows left right and center, Bob Igor has sent out a memo for ANOTHER JOB CUT.

But i dont think the same could be said for Universal, if Nintendo were to work with them on another project, it will be another Billions Box office - easy. I dont see Disney doing any billion dollar movie this Year.

Disney parks was affected by the COVID shutdowns just like the theatres suffered and is recovering. It was still earning profits last year with reopening. And we can remember the issue with republicans and Ron De Santis with their "Don't say G@y" bullshit fight. Still, profits are up this year.

Let's not also forget Disney just acquired 20th Century for over $71bn and that acquisition is still burning a massive hole in their pocket. So of course they're going to be in debt.

WB also acquired debt after being purchased by Discovery in a merger deal worth $43bn. It's a no brainer this means debt.

Disney and WB are cancelling projects left right center just like almost all the big media companies are doing. The craze in content spending is ending and everybody eyes don clear. "streaming is a cost intensive endeavour and a chronic loss maker".
Even Netflix had their own bout of cancellations late last year and instituted a crackdown on password sharing.
Amazon CEO recently asked to look into the finances of Prime Video top shows.
The whole industry is in an austerity period and looking to cut back on the content spending spree that happened during the Streaming Wars.

You're right tho, Universal are in a very good place.
I don't see Disney doing any billion dollar film as well this year. Still doesn't mean they won't make money.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, I know that he made Drax goofy AF. But there's not much comic accuracy in the MCU compared to the DCEU.

How do you know it's a team up Superman movie? Gunn had said it's a movie with the sole focus on Superman and Lois. He's trying to show Superman interact with his fellow heroes in the new DCU and not using the usual suspects like Batman, Wonder Woman and co we've been seeing endlessly. Instead, it's a clever way of introducing new lesser known characters into the DCU early and a perfect strategy to make a few characters popular early in the DCU to attract audience and a possible solo movie or team up film.

Even if Gunn used them as a team up, there's nothing wrong with that since those heroes just casted are all members of the Justice League. So it makes sense to team up with them.

The team I'm seeing here is the Terrifics and not the Outsiders. With Plastic Man and Phantom Girl making up the team alongside newly casted Mr Terrific and Metamorpho. Gunn has even teased them a while back.

It's better to chill and see how things play out.
It's kinda funny when you see characters and start guessing their storyline at this period. It's too early bro.
My own is I should see my favourite characters and get happy. Deep into production that's when you can hope or guess storylines.
I'm more focused on seeing Justice League Dark members appear in the DCU for now.

the terrifics
Plastic man
Phantom girl
Mr terrific
Metamorpho

Superhero names are dûmb af...both in marvel, DC, MHA, etc
Same as their costumes grin

It's like a staple of the genre
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2023

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:
the terrifics
Plastic man
Phantom girl
Mr terrific
Metamorpho

Superhero names are dûmb af...both in marvel, DC, MHA, etc
Same as their costumes grin

It's like a staple of the genre

Especially some of their costumes, Superman's costume is the one I hated most, I see no reason why he was wearing his G-string on top of his leggings.

I'm glad it has been changed now.

The superhero names sef na problem sometimes, there's one that's called Arm-Fall-off-Boy..

Whenever I hear Aquaman, I always think of Akwa Ibom.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 9:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
John Wick 4.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
MetroLane:

Especially some of their costumes, Superman's costume is the one I hated most, I see no reason why he was wearing his G-string on top of his leggings.

I'm glad it has been changed now.

The superhero names sef na problem sometimes, there's one that's called Arm-Fall-off-Boy..

Whenever I hear Aquaman, I always think of Akwa Ibom.
you'd be surprised that comic fans still want the weirdest costumes that will look silly in live action

Imagine people still want superman and batman to wear g-string in live action grin grin

I still can't believe some comic book fans prefer the yellow wolverine's suit to the all black... grin

And It's only a man-child that will dress up like a bat with horned mask and cape and G-string panties to go fight criminals...

I'm surprised the criminals don't burst into laughter grin grin

If I be thief and you dress up in panties to come catch me...I go first roll for ground laugh you grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
Hmmm....
Don't know how I feel about this.
I loved the movies back in the days.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
We printing money regardless.... 🙌🙌

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
abduleez1:

Disney parks was affected by the COVID shutdowns just like the theatres suffered and is recovering. It was still earning profits last year with reopening. And we can remember the issue with republicans and Ron De Santis with their "Don't say G@y" bullshit fight. Still, profits are up this year.

Let's not also forget Disney just acquired 20th Century for over $71bn and that acquisition is still burning a massive hole in their pocket. So of course they're going to be in debt.

WB also acquired debt after being purchased by Discovery in a merger deal worth $43bn. It's a no brainer this means debt.

Disney and WB are cancelling projects left right center just like almost all the big media companies are doing. The craze in content spending is ending and everybody eyes don clear. "streaming is a cost intensive endeavour and a chronic loss maker".
Even Netflix had their own bout of cancellations late last year and instituted a crackdown on password sharing.
Amazon CEO recently asked to look into the finances of Prime Video top shows.
The whole industry is in an austerity period and looking to cut back on the content spending spree that happened during the Streaming Wars.

You're right tho, Universal are in a very good place.
I don't see Disney doing any billion dollar film as well this year. Still doesn't mean they won't make money.

Why are you lying about this? State SPECIFICALLY WERE IN THE BILL IT'S SAYS "Don't Say G@y"
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
pryme:

Why are you lying about this? State SPECIFICALLY WERE IN THE BILL IT'S SAYS "Don't Say G@y"

Lol, did you read what I said clearly?

I mentioned the issue in general between Disney vs the sponsors of the Bill. I don't even know in details the content of the bill and the main issue with Disney. I just saw the fight plastered all over the news with the headlines "Don't Say G@y". And I give no two fvvks knowing the specifics of the dispute. Cos e no affect me or concern me.

You seem to be spoiling for a fight. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
abduleez1:
Hmmm....
She sabi work. She will ace them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
Trying to watch Transformers: Rise of the beasts

It feels like a tired franchise...the same story rinsed and repeated multiple times...

It's so tiring, I'm struggling to even concentrate...no wonder it bombed

Few minutes into the movie I was already predicting how the issue will start...
Once they showed the bad guys, I knew they'd jump to earth and play one yeye rock music or some hip-hop with some random man living his life...

Then I knew somehow somehow, some people will mess with the iish the bad guys are looking for...and that's how the entire movie plot will happen

My prediction was right...it followed the same pattern

Tired and overused story, tired and over used concept
Tired and over used direction style...tired and over used dialogue

It's just like how in marvel movies, a random kid will somehow invent a technological phenomenon in his/her basement or room that will kickstart events
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 10:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:

It feels like a tired franchise...the same story rinsed and repeated multiple times...

Once they showed the bad guys, I knew they'd jump to earth and play one yeye rock music or some hip-hop with some random man living his life...

Then I knew somehow somehow, some people will mess with the iish the bad guys are looking for...and that's how the entire movie plot will happen

It's just like how in marvel movies, a random kid will somehow invent a technological phenomenon in his/her basement or room that will kickstart events
To flog that Optimus prime oraimo cord for neck whenever he starts his usual shalaye always hungry me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
abduleez1:
Hmmm....
Greta is gradually moving up to the top cadre. This is good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2023

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 11:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
Transformers: Rise of the Beast:5/10
Genre: Action, SciFi

I am glad I followed the advice from here as regards not expecting much from the movie.

TBH, it really felt cliche and generic, it lacked the thrills and emotion of Bumblebee and the 2007 transformers movie, the cast was just menh. Asides the arrival to earth that barely lasted 3 seconds, the music score weren't really catchy, I couldn't believe I actually dozed off a couple of times, like WTF.....

Bottom line, it wasn't great, neither was it terrible, it was just there, little wonder it bombed and underperformed at the box office.

Chronologically, the should be the second movie after Bumblebee, then after this, it's the 2007 transformers.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 11:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:

I am glad I followed your advice, this one was a let down jare.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
majesticguy:

I am glad I followed your advice, this one was a let down jare.
I know I'll probably never finish the movie...

The same way I never finished Ant-Man Quantumania

It feels like a chore to watch it...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 2:33am On Jul 15, 2023
Rise of the beasts.

Clichés to the max. I expected or foresaw everything that happened.

Not entertaining at all.

What for it whenever it shows on TV.

And WTF!!! A GIJoe crossover next. Clowns.
3/10

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 3:46am On Jul 15, 2023
armadeo:
Rise of the beasts.

Clichés to the max. I expected or foresaw everything that happened.

Not entertaining at all.

What for it whenever it shows on TV.

And WTF!!! A GIJoe crossover next. Clowns.
3/10
script feels like it was written by an AI

When all the same safe and overused cliches are mixed together to form a movie

When you watch the movie for the first time, yet it feels like you've already seen that movie 100 times before...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by majesticguy: 6:21am On Jul 15, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I know I'll probably never finish the movie...

The same way I never finished Ant-Man Quantumania

It feels like a chore to watch it...

Exactly, it was snoozefest to watch.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 7:11am On Jul 15, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, did you read what I said clearly?

I mentioned the issue in general between Disney vs the sponsors of the Bill. I don't even know in details the content of the bill and the main issue with Disney. I just saw the fight plastered all over the news with the headlines "Don't Say G@y". And I give no two fvvks knowing the specifics of the dispute. Cos e no affect me or concern me.

You seem to be spoiling for a fight. grin

So why include a lie in your post if you don't know anything about the bill?
The bill has a name but you and your baby fvcker disgusting friends tried to smear Desantis because he wants to stop Disney from sexualizing Kids.

And you lie through your teeth again that Disney parks are generating low income because of COVID, the same Disney that have reduced the price of their Park ticket from $178 to $54 begging people to come to their parks.
If it's because of COVID how come Universal is on the opposite projection.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2023
pryme:

So why include a lie in your post if you don't know anything about the bill?
The bill has a name but you and your baby fvcker disgusting friends tried to smear Desantis because he wants to stop Disney from sexualizing Kids.

And you lie through your teeth again that Disney parks are generating low income because of COVID, the same Disney that have reduced the price of their Park ticket from $178 to $54 begging people to come to their parks.
If it's because of COVID how come Universal is on the opposite projection.
@ the bolded, that seems a little extreme and totally out of order. It's like abduleez1 is a shareholder at Disney and you yourself sounding like a newly indoctrinated "Anti-Vaxxer doomsday cult" member. He has been clearly trying to dox the heat, but you are hell bent on fighting.

Just relax and keep this thread for the sole purpose it was created, which is recommending,reviewing movies and occasionally dabble in interesting topics concerning these movies in a confined saner banter manner. You are entering activist territory here, and i don't think this is the thread for that.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by myke92(m): 9:23am On Jul 15, 2023
Guysz , any alternative to tfp. is for movie downloads.?

The site is very inconsistent
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 10:09am On Jul 15, 2023
oyaskii:
@ the bolded, that seems a little extreme and totally out of order. It's like abduleez1 is a shareholder at Disney and you yourself sounding like a newly indoctrinated "Anti-Vaxxer doomsday cult" member. He has been clearly trying to dox the heat, but you are hell bent on fighting.

Just relax and keep this thread for the sole purpose it was created, which is recommending,reviewing movies and occasionally dabble in interesting topics concerning these movies in a confined saner banter manner. You are entering activist territory here, and i don't think this is the thread for that.

And since when do you earn the right to call either me or Abduleez1 names without sounding like an activist yourself, are you retarded or something?
Speaking of heat, can you take the heat that comes with defending the damages the vaccine has caused?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2023
🎥 Bird Box Barcelona (2023) = 7/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2023
🎥 Interstellar (2014) = 8.5/10 ✔️

(1) (2) (3) ... (3604) (3605) (3606) (3607) (3608) (3609) (3610) ... (3830) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Kaziar and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.