Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3785433 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3624) (3625) (3626) (3627) (3628) (3629) (3630) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2023
Lady Bird (2017) - 65%

Anywhere was possible for Greta to take me. I'm not sure why she decided to depict the life of this ungrateful loser. I hope she receives what she justly deserves on her quest to enjoy adulthood by attempting every other potentially dangerous habit. I was concerned for her mother the entire time.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
The Dark knight 10/10

I'm glad I had to rewatch the greatest CBM of all time. People talk about interstellar and inception most times as Nolan's best movies but I believe the dark knight can compete with them. May heath ledger's soul continue to rest in peace because this performance as the joker while he was alive was extremely goated. The back and forth between Christian bale and heath ledger was a thing of cinematic masterpiece. Harvey dent's actor was another great supporting character. Good story, good casting, cinematography, good score and consistent bashing of woke narratives by the elite. Great philosophical movie. Infact the whole batman trilogy was truly goated. As good as Matt Reeves batman movie was it still doesn't touch any of the three films.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
SOZINN:
Lady Bird (2017) - 65%

Anywhere was possible for Greta to take me. I'm not sure why she decided to depict the life of this ungrateful loser. I hope she receives what she justly deserves on her quest to enjoy adulthood by attempting every other potentially dangerous habit. I was concerned for her mother the entire time.

Time to watch Lady Bird. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
NeoWanZaeed:

Ha!!
Nairaland suppose get slap button.. You supposed chop slap for wetin you talk.. Seriously.

Only mirage is fun and entertaining.. Even optimus was boring and not heroic like he always was. No insane Villians and minions..

I think you and I have different tastes
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
Asteroid City:

What can I say? Wes Anderson's movies aren't for everyone. However, I started smiling wistfully within the first 5 minutes, and I smiled throughout. His bohemian technique brings a certain strangeness to his stories that appeal to people like me who have suppressed all such innate tendencies. Many people will probably be bored to tears by Asteroid City, especially in areas where it seems to drag, but me? I'm a lifelong fan and I enjoyed every bit of the movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
abduleez1:
Evil Dead Rise..... 7/10

Nice horror movie... Good acting from the cast. Premium tier gore and blood. This is probably the bloodiest in the franchise. Better graphics, CGI and make-up effects.

They still continue the trend in the franchise to always have an utterly stupid and naive person to always open the cursed book and kickstart the evil manifestations. Of course it's an overbeaten trope in horror genre to have these people to progress the movie, it could have been done better or different from the expected usual.

Overall, a decent horror flick. Wonder why these latest horror movies don't scare me one bit anymore. undecided
It's no different from what is obtainable here, where we have one stupid fellow always willing to say shit just to get shit started as his own stupid way of being relevant and seeking for attention.

So it is people like him who always do stupid shit in horror movies and unleash Hell on Earth, "Art imitates life", no? 🤔
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
Women Talking..... 5.9/10

I don't know what the director was cooking but this is a feminist movie through and through.
It tells the tales of women of a small colony who are brutally oppressed by men in the community. They are beaten, raped, treated like slaves in the community the other men choose to look away and support their fellow gender.

The film had a weird way of depicting almost all the men as evil vile creatures. It's a kinda deep story with a social commentary about how women are treated in some circumstances and the odds being stacked against them. Their relationship with the men and their subservience.
Funny how the only man that one could term "good" would easily qualify as a "simp" in some circles. grin

Great performance from Claire Foy and Rooney Mara tho.

It woulda been great if not for being painfully boring and philosophical.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Dotng: 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
The Little Mermaid

Now on the High Seas.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
They Cloned Tyrone.

Not a bad movie. Few plot holes here and there but still a nice movie. Enjoyed it well enough.

The love-vendor Slick reminds me of The love-vendor name SlickBack. 😁
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2023
ShaqFu:
It's no different from what is obtainable here, where we have one stupid fellow always willing to say shit just to get shit started as his own stupid way of being relevant and seeking for attention.

So it is people like him who always do stupid shit in horror movies and unleash Hell on Earth, "Art imitates life", no? 🤔

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
SOZINN:
Lady Bird (2017) - 65%

It seems you missed the central theme and motif of the flick, Chief.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
abduleez1:
Women Talking..... 5.9/10

I don't know what the director was cooking but this is a feminist movie through and through.
It tells the tales of women of a small colony who are brutally oppressed by men in the community. They are beaten, raped, treated like slaves in the community the other men choose to look away and support their fellow gender.

The film had a weird way of depicting almost all the men as evil vile creatures. It's a kinda deep story with a social commentary about how women are treated in some circumstances and the odds being stacked against them. Their relationship with the men and their subservience.
Funny how the only man that one could term "good" would easily qualify as a "simp" in some circles. grin

Great performance from Claire Foy and Rooney Mara tho.

It woulda been great if not for being painfully boring.
was this not a docu? 😳
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
oyaskii:
was this not a docu? 😳

Nope.

E be like say the docu you might be thinking would be She Said.

I've downloaded that one along with this a long time ago during the Academy campaign. I'm just bringing myself to watching them now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 11:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
Ishilove:
Asteroid City:

What can I say? Wes Anderson's movies aren't for everyone. However, I started smiling wistfully within the first 5 minutes, and I smiled throughout. His bohemian technique brings a certain strangeness to his stories that appeal to people like me who have suppressed all such innate tendencies. Many people will probably be bored to tears by Asteroid City, especially in areas where it seems to drag, but me? I'm a lifelong fan and I enjoyed every bit of the movie.

How many of his movies have you watched?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 11:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
Fatanstic Mr Fox. Had to rewatch.
A solid 8.5. This movie introduced me to Wes Anderson. Just so witfully funny. You can't hide the grins

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BronzeTiger: 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2023
WhoDeyHause:
The Dark knight 10/10

I'm glad I had to rewatch the greatest CBM of all time. People talk about interstellar and inception most times as Nolan's best movies but I believe the dark knight can compete with them. May heath ledger's soul continue to rest in peace because this performance as the joker while he was alive was extremely goated. The back and forth between Christian bale and heath ledger was a thing of cinematic masterpiece. Harvey dent's actor was another great supporting character. Good story, good casting, cinematography, good score and consistent bashing of woke narratives by the elite. Great philosophical movie. Infact the whole batman trilogy was truly goated. As good as Matt Reeves batman movie was it still doesn't touch any of the three films.
The Dark knight greatest comic book movie ahead of Avengers infinity war, Endgame and No way home. You don't know what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2023
abduleez1:

Nope.

E be like say the docu you might be thinking would be She Said.

I've downloaded that one along with this a long time ago during the Academy campaign. I'm just bringing myself to watching them now.
lmaoo yes...I think it's "She said" i was thinking about, i saw this and i thought it was the part 2 of it and i just skipped it 🤦🏿‍♂️😅

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 12:01am On Jul 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Time to watch Lady Bird. grin

I hope you enjoy it, I just hate the story.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 12:18am On Jul 25, 2023
I'm not sure how I feel about Greta anymore after watching Lady Bird. It seems that Nia might be a more versatile storyteller. Well, there are still 5 more movies on the watchlist before I make my decision;

- Little Women (2019)
- Little Woods (2018)
- Candy Man (2021)
- Barbie (2023)
- The Marvels (2023)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MasterGift(m): 12:23am On Jul 25, 2023
"Step right up, movie lovers! Welcome to Movie Fest, the place for everything film-related. Get ready for a whirlwind of movie trivia, film reviews, and fun facts that will make you feel like a true movie buff. Join our community of film fanatics and get ready to have a blast!

Join the Group
https:///moviefest001

Or type in movie fest on ur telegram

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WhoDeyHause: 2:55am On Jul 25, 2023
BronzeTiger:

The Dark knight greatest comic book movie ahead of Avengers infinity war, Endgame and No way home. You don't know what you are saying.
I know what I'm saying. The dark knight didn't have the technology advancement and studio upgrades like these ones you called cause it was 2012 but the rich story and casting was very good and giving deep lessons. Check almost all movie rating sites and tell me the one that's more rated than the dark knight.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 4:22am On Jul 25, 2023
FILEBE:

How many of his movies have you watched?
Enough to make a judgement
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 7:23am On Jul 25, 2023
BronzeTiger:

No Way Home is not even the greatest Spiderman movie.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:54am On Jul 25, 2023
SOZINN:
I'm not sure how I feel about Greta anymore after watching Lady Bird. It seems that Nia might be a more versatile storyteller. Well, there are still 5 more movies on the watchlist before I make my decision;

- Little Women (2019)
- Little Woods (2018)
- Candy Man (2021)
- Barbie (2023)
- The Marvels (2023)

Interesting match up but I still think Greta wins this one.

It's good we're seeing a new generation of acclaimed female directors and writers in our time and they are up to the task competing with the men. I'm closely watching Emerald Fennel — another one with a high ceiling potential.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2023
abduleez1:

Interesting match up but I still think Greta wins this one.

It's good we're seeing a new generation of acclaimed female directors and writers in our time and they are up to the task competing with the men. I'm closely watching Emerald Fennel — another one with a high ceiling potential.

It's only recently that I've begun to consider combining directors, actors, or writers in this way; I feel like it makes the movie marathon more engaging. Emerald Fennel has caught my attention as well, along with Tayarisha Poe and Rebecca Hall, but since they've only directed one movie, I'm still content to wait and watch them for the time being.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2023
Invincible- Presenting Atom Eve (special)

Another great piece of animation from the Invincible comic universe. An animated film showing the origin story of Atom Eve.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2023
SOZINN:

It's only recently that I've begun to consider combining directors, actors, or writers in this way; I feel like it makes the movie marathon more engaging. Emerald Fennel has caught my attention as well, along with Tayarisha Poe and Rebecca Hall, but since they've only directed one movie, I'm still content to wait and watch them for the time being.

True that.... I also found it more satisfying this way when you've genuine interest for the director and actors....it's easier to watch this way than just straight up pick a movie based on genre or plot. Really enjoyed The Aviator_ and Gangs of New York pairing with _Martin Scorsese and _Leonardo DiCaprio.

Another one is Olivia Wilde. Tho she hit a brick with Don't Worry Darling.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 5:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
BronzeTiger:

See how you snuck in No Way Home like we wouldn't notice undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (3624) (3625) (3626) (3627) (3628) (3629) (3630) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Nova15 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.