Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3628) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3786589 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3625) (3626) (3627) (3628) (3629) (3630) (3631) ... (3845) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by BlackManta(m): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
phr0nesis:

No Way Home is not even the greatest Spiderman movie.

As in eh

Into the Spiderverse, Across the Spiderverse and Spiderman 2 are all better than No Way Home
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2023
Born2Freak:
Invincible- Presenting Atom Eve (special)

Another great piece of animation from the Invincible comic universe. An animated film showing the origin story of Atom Eve.

Isn't this a series?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
pu7pl3:

Isn't this a series?

The answer is in the title.

This is a short movie from the series.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
Born2Freak:

The answer is in the title.

This is a short movie from the series.
It's a episode special on Atom Eve, not a movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2023
🎥 Spy Master S01 (2023) = 7/10 ✔️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Calibrator: 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2023
Born2Freak, after running your course on earth, this will look good on your epitaph, no? cheesy
ShaqFu:
It's no different from what is obtainable here, where we have one stupid fellow always willing to say shit just to get shit started as his own stupid way of being relevant and seeking for attention.

So it is people like him who always do stupid shit in horror movies and unleash Hell on Earth, "Art imitates life", no? 🤔

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2023
BlackManta:

As in eh

Into the Spiderverse, Across the Spiderverse and Spiderman 2 are all better than No Way Home
Exactly
Personally, I even rate Spiderman 1 over No Way Home
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Calibrator:
Born2Freak, after running your course on earth, this will look good on your epitaph, no? cheesy

Lmao. Agba hypeman.

Mc Calibrator. Jobless referee!!

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Born2Freak(f): 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2023
Kaycee7:
It's a episode special on Atom Eve, not a movie.

Seen
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
Calibrator:

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
My Tomorrowverse list keeps growing

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
BronzeTiger:

The Dark knight greatest comic book movie ahead of Avengers infinity war, Endgame and No way home. You don't know what you are saying.

No Way Home? Is it the same movie we watched or another one we don't know of? No Way Home is not even the best Spider-Man movie and you mentioning it in the same sentence with The Dark Knight. You just commited a grave cinematic crime.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
Born2Freak:

Lmao. Agba hypeman.
Mc Calibrator. Jobless referee!!
help me ask him for five sure odds
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by potland: 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
abduleez1:
Women Talking..... 5.9/10

I don't know what the director was cooking but this is a feminist movie through and through.
It tells the tales of women of a small colony who are brutally oppressed by men in the community. They are beaten, raped, treated like slaves in the community the other men choose to look away and support their fellow gender.

The film had a weird way of depicting almost all the men as evil vile creatures. It's a kinda deep story with a social commentary about how women are treated in some circumstances and the odds being stacked against them. Their relationship with the men and their subservience.
Funny how the only man that one could term "good" would easily qualify as a "simp" in some circles. grin

Great performance from Claire Foy and Rooney Mara tho.

It woulda been great if not for being painfully boring and philosophical.
i neva finish this film you don watcham. How dare you? I'm calling DSS right away
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FILEBE(m): 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ishilove:

Enough to make a judgement

Share the good ones .
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
See who's coming to dethrone Barbie and Oppenheimer at the box office.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
Kaycee7:
My Tomorrowverse list keeps growing
Already downloaded this. Will be seeing it tomorrow.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 1:09am On Jul 26, 2023
SOZINN:
See who's coming to dethrone Barbie and Oppenheimer at the box office.

Quit playing... This has a high chance of getting devoured by Barbenheimer than actually beating them. The records BARBIE is setting alone makes it on set for a billion dollars. All this with no IMAX or 3D screens.

MI7 and Tom Cruise is already suffering the effects of these two films and would lose serious money. Paramount would be thanking it stars for Barbie not fighting for the premium screens it is relying on just like Nolan is doing.

Imagine Barbie tracking close to Endgame, you'd be fearful for any films releasing close to it presently.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:27am On Jul 26, 2023
The legend of Johnny Cage coming soon. Is that big hat lady supposed to be Ashrah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5gWq4LeUM
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2023
Kaycee7:
The legend of Johnny Cage coming soon. Is that big hat lady supposed to be Ashrah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5gWq4LeUM

The animation here looks better than the warworld animation by far.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2023
pu7pl3:

The animation here looks better than the warworld animation by far.

That Warworld got the most stupid animation I've seen in a long time.
MK direct to streaming movies always have a weird way of having better animation than DC projects by a mile.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

MK direct to streaming movies always have a weird way of having better animation than DC projects by a mile.
Different animation teams. The team wey dey animate Tomorrowverse be like say na IT students
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 8:25am On Jul 26, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Quit playing... This has a high chance of getting devoured by Barbenheimer than actually beating them. The records BARBIE is setting alone makes it on set for a billion dollars. All this with no IMAX or 3D screens.

MI7 and Tom Cruise is already suffering the effects of these two films and would lose serious money. Paramount would be thanking it stars for Barbie not fighting for the premium screens it is relying on just like Nolan is doing.

Imagine Barbie tracking close to Endgame, you'd be fearful for any films releasing close to it presently.

I was just being sarcastic, that's why I shared it's rotten tomatoes score. It's clear Disney might take another L with this one, although it has a moderate budget.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2023
All this can't be a fluke.... Couple it with the fact that it got an A CinemaScore directly from moviegoers coming out of theatres. It's incredible Monday legs, this is bodying any movie coming out.

Elemental only seems to be the odd one out not suffering from Barbenheimer supremacy.

I'm really happy Oppenheimer is doing superb as well. I always thought those $40-50mn was dang pretty low for a Nolan flick even tho it's R rated. Especially with the fact that peeps still came out for Tenet in the hottest pandemic period.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2023
SOZINN:

I was just being sarcastic, that's why I shared it's rotten tomatoes score. It's clear Disney might take another L with this one, although it has a moderate budget.

I see. How much is it's budget??
Disney taking back to back Ls is a joy to see. grin grin

Disney's hopes now are on 20th Century movies and Pixar's Wish. E go pain me sha if Disney somehow finds a way to top 2023 total domestic box office gross ahead of Universal despite having several low performing movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by IngeniousLeez: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2023
Kaycee7:
Different animation teams. The team wey dey animate Tomorrowverse be like say na IT students

As I see that Mortal Kombat trailer 2 days ago ehn, I just dey vex, cos e dey remind me of the stupid animation for that Warworld. That's why I no bother post am here. The stupid color grading or palette they used again they dull my eyes.

The TomorrowVerse has the worse animation in DC's digital release movies to date.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:39am On Jul 26, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

I see. How much is it's budget??
Disney taking back to back Ls is a joy to see. grin grin

Disney's hopes now are on 20th Century movies and Pixar's Wish. E go pain me sha if Disney somehow finds a way to top 2023 total domestic box office gross ahead of Universal despite having several low performing movies.

It's production budget is around $158 million. Although information on its marketing budget cannot easily be sourced, it is estimated to be between $79 and $100 million. Given the star-studded cast of the movie and the elaborate special effects, I think the total budget is moderate. It's possible, in my opinion, for Disney to outperform Universal in terms of domestic box office revenue by the end of 2023. They've currently grossed $172 million more than them.

I think the most important thing is to consider what they both have planned for the rest of the year. They both have five projects coming up, and I believe those projects are evenly matched. Disney may have a slight popularity advantage thanks to The Marvels, but the upcoming months will distinguish them.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:20am On Jul 26, 2023
SOZINN:

It's production budget is around $158 million. Although information on its marketing budget cannot easily be sourced, it is estimated to be between $79 and $100 million. Given the star-studded cast of the movie and the elaborate special effects, I think the total budget is moderate. It's possible, in my opinion, for Disney to outperform Universal in terms of domestic box office revenue by the end of 2023. They've currently grossed $172 million more than them.

I think the most important thing is to consider what they both have planned for the rest of the year. They both have five projects coming up, and I believe those projects are evenly matched. Disney may have a slight popularity advantage thanks to The Marvels, but the upcoming months will distinguish them.

True they both look evenly matched. I think Universal has 6 movies counting Last Voyage of the Demeter.

Marvel has slight advantage with the Marvels but I think Universal accounts for that with an extra movie.

Are you sure it's $172mn more than Universal at domestic BO?? Cos the last time I checked it's just about over $20mn separating both studios as at last week/weekend.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2023
abduleez1:

True they both look evenly matched. I think Universal has 6 movies counting Last Voyage of the Demeter.

Marvel has slight advantage with the Marvels but I think Universal accounts for that with an extra movie.

Are you sure it's $172mn more than Universal at domestic BO?? Cos the last time I checked it's just about over $20mn separating both studios as at last week/weekend.

My assertion was equally outdated as well. It's currently $500 million.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

They should go back to the former animation style if they can't improve abeg.
This one was like listening to cork scraping on cement
😖
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2023
pu7pl3:

They should go back to the former animation style if they can't improve abeg.
This one was like listening to cork scraping on cement
😖
Be like old style don too cost. This new style is definitely cheap asf
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2023
Mank (2020) ...... 9.5/10

This film largely revolves around the Golden Age of Hollywood and some prominent characters in the 30s through the 40s.
It's a tale about the making of an all time classic and one of the most iconic movies of all time — Citizen Kane. It tells the inspirations writing the movie by screenwriter Herman J Mankiewicz and his life. It's a personal story about Mank, his fight with alcoholism, his relationships and I appreciate the movie truly capturing Mank's abrasive nature with his sharp tongue and often saying what he thought without minding who's ox is gored.

We follow Hollywood through the lens of Mankiewicz. Paramount Pictures was touched in the beginning where Mank started his screenwriting career, before later moving to MGM after leaving an impression on newspaper magnate William Hearst. Through the very end where RKO Pictures came into the fore. Warner Brothers. was mentioned in the middle, a few jabs at Universal Pictures (making cheap flicks Wolfman, Frankenstein) at the beginning. The icon of King Kong was duly noted as well as the ballooning budget making Wizard of Oz.

This is cinema and what you call a Masterpiece. Incredible acting from Gary Oldman as Mank, deserved of an Oscar, superb performance by Amanda Seyfried as Marion Davies. I've always overlooked this actress but this film was an eye opener how much I underrated her.
Charles Dance giving that regal performance as always playing William Randolph Hearst. Tom Pelphrey gave good account of himself in the little time he had as Joe — Mank's younger brother. Some might remember him from HBO's Love and Death as the defense lawyer for Candy Montgomery. And then, there's Arliss Howard who brought to life with perfection the art of deception, playing unscrupulous businessman and studio owner Louis B. Mayer. In fact, the whole cast was perfection in the making. The vast supporting characters all gave the possible best the universe can offer.

The dialogue was perfection, one of the best I've ever seen. The Cinematography was great especially when you take into account the film was shot in Black and White. You're forced to live and breathe with the characters without getting distracted by shiny visuals. It focuses your attention to the characters and it's the best looking black and white film I've ever watched. It's no surprise it won Best Cinematography and Best Production Design.
The score was good. It's a brilliant piece of writing.

The scene with Mank making a fool of himself and humiliating Willie Hearst and Meyer with his drunken pitch for a new movie about modern day "Quixote" was a joy to watch. Prime Cinematic performance. Replayed that scene countless times.

Mankiewicz went on to win the 1942 Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay alongside Orson Welles for Citizen Kane. A final end to the controversial and complicated screenplay journey towards producing the movie. The movie had 9 Oscar noms

And I spent another 2hrs to rewatch the movie five minutes after finishing my first watch. What I've never done, cos I rewatched the "whole" film a second time. This is just how captivating the movie was. And I'm happy I did, as it gave me more perspective on the film; helped me pick out some details I missed out earlier, also helped better understand the entire story and it's unorthodox method of juxtaposing present day happenings with past events (which can be confusing).

It is unlike David Fincher's style of storytelling and fixation with serial killers, it still had his touch of brilliance and the focus on character driven storytelling and peak dialogue. How fitting that the screenplay was written by Fincher's late dad, Jack Fincher.

This is cinema and the Academy responded with aplomb as this is what they love. With a leading 10 nominations including Best Picture, Director, Actor, Supporting Actress, Cinematography and Score.
A movie I can easily recommend to fellow film connoisseurs or lovers of auteur cinema.
This film easily tilts me to finally go watch Citizen Kane just to see the finished work of Mankiewicz. 😉

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3625) (3626) (3627) (3628) (3629) (3630) (3631) ... (3845) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.