Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3774305 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3668) (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) ... (3842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2023
samistry:
Film isn't out yet but a directors cut on the horizon.
That "features way more Josephine" content has me giddy ngl πŸ“πŸ‘€. It means a more screen time for Vanessa Kirby πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή, Mannn i have a very short attention span for movies over 2hrs these days but am i am totally up for this 🀲

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:45am On Aug 30, 2023
oyaskii:
That "features way more Josephine" content has me giddy ngl πŸ“πŸ‘€. It means a more screen time for Vanessa Kirby πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή, Mannn i have a very short attention span for movies over 2hrs these days but am i am totally up for this 🀲

Same here bruhh....
As I see am yesterday I just dey happy. grin grin
It's been long I've seen her onscreen.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:48am On Aug 30, 2023
samistry:
Fresh indeed. Blackwash Ben-hur then sprinkle a bit of black dynamite satire and blend together with black jesus

Everyone has a muse.
Believe it or not there's no story under the sun that's NEW these days. Nothing you wanna tell that's not been done before. So anything as reinventing the wheel, a touch of variety and dynamism is very much appreciated.
This or you're very okay with IPs, sequels and prequels.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2023
samistry:
Fresh indeed. Blackwash Ben-hur then sprinkle a bit of black dynamite satire and blend together with black jesus
Plastic Man and Mr Fantastic combined can't beat this reach
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2023
samistry:
Film isn't out yet but a directors cut on the horizon.
"features way more Josephine"

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Same here bruhh....
As I see am yesterday I just dey happy. grin grin
It's been long I've seen her onscreen.
oyaskii:
cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2023
abduleez1:
Here comes ramblings about how unhistoric these two films have been.... grin grin
The projections for Oppenheimer an R rated movie - not a franchise or a sequel has increased to 990 million just yesterday but someone said it's not an achievement
Well done
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by samistry(m): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2023
Fair enough. I'd take it over another fast and family sequel
abduleez1:

Everyone has a muse.
Believe it or not there's no story under the sun that's NEW these days. Nothing you wanna tell that's not been done before. So anything as reinventing the wheel, a touch of variety and dynamism is very much appreciated.
This or you're very okay with IPs, sequels and prequels.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
YOU ARE SO NOT INVITED TO MY BAT MITZVAH --- 8.5/10

A light-hearted, entertaining movie that explored family, Jewish tradition, friendship, teenage pettiness and naivety, and most Importantly, growing up.

Acting was great, comedy was pleasant, emotional element was good, musical scores were top notch, and overall, the movie was enjoyable.

#Xavier

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2023
abduleez1:
Pretty good looking storytelling out here with a reimagination of the age long story.... grin grin
Superb cast!!

Might ruffle some feathers tho....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTMqRPOqkGs?si=iL8x6lwKc8ZKPQh4

Is that black John the Baptist, and black Jesus? When did John the Baptist and Jesus become black? Which historical data dating back to the first and second centuries validates or states that? The John the Baptist even has a Nigerian accent, what da fΓΌck?

If you want to produce movie, produce it without altering the racial, gender and sexual identities of historical characters. There should be a limit to woke πŸ™„.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Xavier5:

Is that black John the Baptist, and black Jesus? When did John the Baptist and Jesus become black? Which historical data dating back to the first and second centuries validates or states that? The John the Baptist even has a Nigerian accent, what da fΓΌck?

If you want to produce movie, produce it without altering the racial, gender and sexual identities of historical characters. There should be a limit to woke πŸ™„.

#Xavier
At least, watch the trailer first nau

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
At least, watch the trailer first nau

I don watch am, that's how I know about the black Jesus and black John the Baptist with a Nigerian accent πŸ˜‚.

I have no issue with the movie's concept. I only have issues with the black portrayal of Jesus and John the Baptist. Where's the historical data from the first and second centuries to support that? I guess anything to promote radical woke is allowed 😏.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
Xavier5:

I don watch am, that's how I know about the black Jesus and black John the Baptist with a Nigerian accent πŸ˜‚.

I have no issue with the movie's concept. I only have issues with the black portrayal of Jesus and John the Baptist. Where's the historical data from the first and second centuries to support that? I guess anything to promote radical woke I allowed 😏.

#Xavier
Na you know the trailer wey you watch because the premise the trailer establishes is that Lakeith sees Jesus, who is white, and decides to become a fake messiah to garner that same influence Jesus had.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
Na you know the trailer wey you watch because the premise the trailer establishes is that Lakeith sees Jesus, who is white, and decides to become a fake messiah to garner that same influence Jesus had.

The Jesus wey I see na black ohhh with red shawl for em head πŸ˜‚. What about the black John the Baptist with Nigerian accent πŸ˜‚.

I don rewatch the trailer, yep, na black Jesus be that πŸ˜‚.

My own be say make that Nigerian accent baptistiser better no be John the Baptist, but another person, and make that Jesus better transform to white or brown skinned when dem finally release the movie. If not, Christians (especially non black Christians) and historians fit come for the movie head πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
Xavier5:

The Jesus wey I see na black ohhh with red shawl for em head πŸ˜‚. What about the black John the Baptist with Nigerian accent πŸ˜‚.

I don rewatch the trailer, yep, na black Jesus be that πŸ˜‚.

My own be say make that Nigerian accent baptistiser better no be John the Baptist, but another person, and make that Jesus better transform to white or brown skinned when dem finally release the movie. If not, Christians (especially non black Christians) and historians fit come for the movie head πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

#Xavier
It's 33 AD. There's a white Jesus which means the OG John the Baptist is dead.

Even if this movie was Hood Jesus and David Oyelowo's character was John the Baptist, e still no mean. We all watched Bros J that year and laughed. Now any small thing, una go shout "woke"

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny (2023) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
πŸŽ₯ The Boogeyman (2023) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
The Last Voyage Of The Demeter (2023) = 6.4/10

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
It's 33 AD. There's a white Jesus which means the OG John the Baptist is dead.

Even if this movie was Hood Jesus and David Oyelowo's character was John the Baptist, e still no mean. We all watched Bros J that year and laughed. Now any small thing, una go shout "woke"

You get strength for explanation sha.... grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
abduleez1:

You get strength for explanation sha.... grin
Na because say na Xavier. No be everybody I get strength to dey engage these days.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
First poster....

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
From Yorghos Lanthimos.... POOR THINGS.

Interesting cast list.
Premium tier rating and plot.

#FirstPoster

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
Holy Moses!!!
See musical score. 🀩🀩 Solid cast. All the Award contenders showing up to the party. πŸ‘Œ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNYepvUtYGA?si=wAU7_oI4H-e6SBJf
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2023
"Past Lives" (2023)

What if this is a past life as well, and we are already something else to each other in our next life? Who do you think we are then?

If a movie gives me the feeling that Charlie Kaufman's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), one of the best films i have ever seen, gave me, then that movie must be special.

Wow! This was a marvelous rendition of those tiny forces that binds us together but sometimes tears us apart. Celine Song's Past Lives is so magical in its simplicity that might seem monotonous and probably too mundane for those unaware or new to art as good as this. It challenges the very essence of the human connection by presenting as a romantic flick, but it's much more, the beautiful direction and powerful delivery by the cast allowed me to absorb each emotional wrenching moment, i had to learn unrelenting patience in some part of the movie that wanted answers to the question the flick was asking, desperately.

The cinematography is top work, good enough for those beautiful frames and mundane enough to drive the narrative. The dialogue was 60% Korean and 40% English and it didn't feel like i was seeing a foreign language movie as the Korean was as if it was a language i had known all my life, as the actors actions was enough to get the message across, it might as well be a silent language film and i will still get.

The beautiful flaw [/i]of Past Lives is that it poses so many questions but with no definite answers. What were we in our Past Lives? Have we lived this life before? Are we transversing various Lives and settling for the one that suites us best?. The entire flick is a placard of the simplest life questions but the right answer might not be the best answer.
I haven't seen some obvious titles this year for reasons behind my control but this almost toppling Rye Lane and [i]Joyland
as the best titles to have been released this year that i have seen so far, says a lot. This is a special special movie. One of my fave show of the year so far being "Beef" means the Asians are seriously cooking maannn, i probably need to get into thier media more, especially that of the Koreans.

And A24! Maann, These guys can't even miss even if they tried, Thier knack for top shelf media is just uncanny at this point. They are the only major studio allowed to work through this strike, and the reason is not far fetched, they care about this art so so much.

9/10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 5:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
°°°°

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
abduleez1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVx-v90MmMM?si=7f0KD73EP1h7fkY9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlbR5N6veqw?si=XGxMECcziKOHByQ3
I will pass, I am not falling for Yorgos Lanthimos's gimmick again. I trusted him with "The Lobster" (2015) and he failed me. I'm not a fan of his weirdness πŸ‘Ž

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
abduleez1:
First poster....
Now this are very good posters. What's your best movie poster?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
oyaskii:
I will pass, I am not falling for Yorgos Lanthimos's gimmick again. I trusted him with "The Lobster" (2015) and he failed me. I'm not a fan of his weirdness πŸ‘Ž

Lol, I ain't familiar with his craft but plan on watching The Favourite and maybe Killing of a Sacred Deer.

This one catches my fancy.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, I ain't familiar with his craft but plan on watching The Favourite and maybe Killing of a Sacred Deer.

This one catches my fancy.
Killing of the Sacred Deer was okay. But you see "The Favourite", avoid it with every thing you hold holy 😩😩. I used 2 months watch am, total borefest, They baited me with the Olivia Colman Oscar win gimmick πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ. The man na fraud abeg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3668) (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) ... (3842) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.