Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3773628 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

Now this are very good posters. What's your best movie poster?

For recent posters... This one.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
oyaskii:
Killing of the Sacred Deer was okay. But you see "The Favourite", avoid it with every thing you hold holy 😩😩. I used 2 months watch am, total borefest, They baited me with the Olivia Colman Oscar win gimmick πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ. The man na fraud abeg.

LMFAO.....
Na Oscar award make me wan see am oo. grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Katcall: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
oyaskii:
"Past Lives" (2023)

What if this is a past life as well, and we are already something else to each other in our next life? Who do you think we are then?

If a movie gives me the feeling that Charlie Kaufman's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), one of the best films i have ever seen, gave me, then that movie must be special.

Wow! This was a marvelous rendition of those tiny forces that binds us together but sometimes tears us apart. Celine Song's Past Lives is so magical in its simplicity that might seem monotonous and probably too mundane for those unaware or new to art as good as this. It challenges the very essence of the human connection by presenting as a romantic flick, but it's much more, the beautiful direction and powerful delivery by the cast allowed me to absorb each emotional wrenching moment, i had to learn unrelenting patience in some part of the movie that wanted answers to the question the flick was asking, desperately.

The cinematography is top work, good enough for those beautiful frames and mundane enough to drive the narrative. The dialogue was 60% Korean and 40% English and it didn't feel like i was seeing a foreign language movie as the Korean was as if it was a language i had known all my life, as the actors actions was enough to get the message across, it might as well be a silent language film and i will still get.

The beautiful flaw [/i]of Past Lives is that it poses so many questions but with no definite answers. What were we in our Past Lives? Have we lived this life before? Are we transversing various Lives and settling for the one that suites us best?. The entire flick is a placard of the simplest life questions but the right answer might not be the best answer.
I haven't seen some obvious titles this year for reasons behind my control but this almost toppling Rye Lane and [i]Joyland
as the best titles to have been released this year that i have seen so far, says a lot. This is a special special movie. One of my fave show of the year so far being "Beef" means the Asians are seriously cooking maannn, i probably need to get into thier media more, especially that of the Koreans.

And A24! Maann, These guys can't even miss even if they tried, Thier knack for top shelf media is just uncanny at this point. They are the only major studio allowed to work through this strike, and the reason is not far fetched, they care about this art so so much.

9/10
kilode, awon ti extra sheet ni eleyi
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
August was so good to me ngl. I ate good like a new born ☺️☺️.

The "Embers", what do have for me? πŸ‘

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
Kaycee7:
It's 33 AD. There's a white Jesus which means the OG John the Baptist is dead.

Even if this movie was Hood Jesus and David Oyelowo's character was John the Baptist, e still no mean. We all watched Bros J that year and laughed. Now any small thing, una go shout "woke"

Tell that to the Christian (especially non black Christians) and historians that will or might come knocking. You think you can just come up with some unhistorical shenanigans and people will look the other way?

Keep the so called inclusivity out of history. That's radical woke. I'm woke, but radical woke, which is taking woke too far all in the name of inclusivity, is totally uncalled for, it's bullshit.

Personally I love the concept of the movie, but if they try to bring in some unhistorical element in the name of inclusivity, then that's bullshit.

For the sake of the movie, Jesus better be white or brown skinned, and that Nigerian accent baptiser better be another person, not John the Baptist πŸ˜‚.

I don drop my pen for this matter.

#Xavier
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Xavier5(m): 7:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
VACATION FRIENDS 2 --- 6/10

WARNING: potential spoiler

A movie with a terrific comedy theme but a senseless plot. Yes, the comedy aspect of the movie was pleasant, but unfortunately its plot was uncalled for, thus messing up the beauty of the movie.

Honestly, there was definitely no need for Reese to take Kyla and her friends for snorkeling as a cover to steal Warren's sunken money. He could have just done it without involving them, and that wouldn't have stopped him from spending time with his daughter. But all in a bid to create a tragic adventure, and a Reese-Ron bonding moment, they just had to do that.

The entire second to third act of the movie was based on that concept thus ruining the plot of a movie that started out well.

Was the movie enjoyable? Yes, but as a story, its plot was messed up, thus diluting the enjoyability of the film.

#Xavier

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Xavier5:

Tell that to the Christian (especially non black Christians) and historians that will or might come knocking. You think you can just come up with some unhistorical shenanigans and people will look the other way?

Keep the so called inclusivity out of history. That's radical woke. I'm woke, but radical woke, which is taken woke too far all in the name of inclusivity, is totally uncalled for, it's bullshit.

Personally I love the concept of the movie, but if they try to bring in some unhistorical element in the name of inclusivity, then that's bullshit.

For the sake of the movie, Jesus better be white or brown skinned, and that Nigerian accent baptiser better be another person, not John the Baptist πŸ˜‚.

I don drop my pen for this matter.

#Xavier
The way you seem very dedicated to missing the point is impressive. Well, agend your agenda in peace sha

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2023
Premium tier posters.... cool cool

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2023
oyaskii:
August was so good to me ngl. I ate good like a new born ☺️☺️.

The "Embers", what do have for me? πŸ‘
What app is this?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
Xavier5:

Is that black John the Baptist, and black Jesus? When did John the Baptist and Jesus become black? Which historical data dating back to the first and second centuries validates or states that? The John the Baptist even has a Nigerian accent, what da fΓΌck?

If you want to produce movie, produce it without altering the racial, gender and sexual identities of historical characters. There should be a limit to woke πŸ™„.

#Xavier
The movie is a potential bomb. Last time I checked the trailer on YouTube, it was no 4 trending in the United States - 2.7 million views, 2.6 thousand likes, 150 thousand dislikesπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I don't really see anything wrong that's if they decide to call the movie a parody but not real life
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:43am On Aug 31, 2023
Wahala dey cook.... The competition this season for Best and Supporting Actress will be mad. cool cool

And I'm all for it. πŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 3:27am On Aug 31, 2023
ErenXSatoru:

What app is this?
Tv time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 5:34am On Aug 31, 2023
abduleez1:
Lily Gladstone might just have that Best Actress role on lock.... πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Œ

We need more Oppenheimer competition.

Sadly Dune 2 have been pushed to 2024 cry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 8:17am On Aug 31, 2023
"Smile" (2022).

Trauma/Horror fest

This was so "mid-2000" regen horror flick. No coherent plot and defying any logical reason while an evil entity is seemly making people "off" themselves whilst smiling 😊. What the film offers in abundance is a good use of the trauma to horror trope with very good jump scares.

I totally approve.

7/10.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SOZINN: 9:32am On Aug 31, 2023
Truly iconic.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 11:00am On Aug 31, 2023
oyaskii:
"Smile" (2022).

Trauma/Horror fest

This was so "mid-2000" regen horror flick. No coherent plot and defying any logical reason while an evil entity is seemly making people "off" themselves whilst smiling 😊. What the film offers in abundance is a good use of the trauma to horror trope with very good jump scares.

I totally approve.

7/10.
Very stupid movie
They were just smiling, it got to a point I smiled too
Then I got scared something bad will happen 🀣🀣
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2023
Zom 100: Bucket list of the Dead.

Purple if I catch you ehn. πŸ™πŸ˜•πŸ™„
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DyingFetus: 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2023
Lotr: the fellowship of the ring 10/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
ShaqFu:
Zom 100: Bucket list of the Dead.

Purple if I catch you ehn. πŸ™πŸ˜•πŸ™„

Not your cup of tea?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2023
pu7pl3:

Not your cup of tea?
Come on na, a zombie shark with human legs? lipsrsealed
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2023
The Last Voyage of the Demeter.

Absolutely marvelous. I enjoyed every bit if it. If there's a sequel, I can't wait for it. πŸ‘Œ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pu7pl3(m): 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2023
ShaqFu:

But I put a disclaimer there na grin
I said it felt like watching an AnimΓ©.

I think the concept worked well with the tone.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MetroLane: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2023
Did a rewatch.....grin..... Sherlock Holmes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NinjaMetahuman: 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
Starting this when I get home tonight

Praying that Netflix donot ruin one piece for me..

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
pu7pl3:

But I put a disclaimer there na grin
I said it felt like watching an AnimΓ©.

I think the concept worked well with the tone.
I didn't notice the disclaimer. The movie is god damn annoying, with that foolish Akira shouting and being more foolish than the entire plot of the movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by itspreshh: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2023
ShaqFu:
saw that scene in the anime tho...
It was hilarious grin grin

Haven't seen the movie yet cos I don't want spoilers for the anime
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ErenXSatoru(f): 8:50am On Sep 01, 2023
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is now in the high seasπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ›³ enjoy!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:53am On Sep 01, 2023
Omo, na wa o... So na this concert film dey cause kasala for Hollywood...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 8:57am On Sep 01, 2023
Well, Taylor Swift has always had a large and influential fanbase.

See the way she day bully traditional studio films. Imagine a horror film moving out of Friday the 13th? πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜…πŸ˜³

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2023
Indiana Jones and the dial of destiny 7.5/10

Movie was a joyride from beginning to the end, made me miss the old Hollywood adventure flick style like "the mummy" cheesy Harrison Ford still kicking it at 81 damn! grin.......... I wasn't satisfied with the ending tbh

(1) (2) (3) ... (3669) (3670) (3671) (3672) (3673) (3674) (3675) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: itspreshh, Kionrae and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.