Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3772896 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) ... (3841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by toluxe0075: 8:46am On Sep 14, 2023
blingxx:
Talk to me 8.5/10

Actually a good horror movie coolwith new faces we haven't seen before, teenagers intentionally screwing with the supernatural undecided oyinbo kids stupid sha, the bad decisions started at the very beginning of the movie, you knew the object killed someone before you still kept it and use it to play
That’s the beauty of horror movies. You don’t need star power to sell it. Just make it horror and you are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2023
blingxx:
Talk to me 8.5/10

Actually a good horror movie coolwith new faces we haven't seen before, teenagers intentionally screwing with the supernatural undecided oyinbo kids stupid sha, the bad decisions started at the very beginning of the movie, you knew the object killed someone before you still kept it and use it to play
It's an Australian movie, faces will definitely be unfamiliar
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:02am On Sep 14, 2023
Talk To Me...... 7.5/10

It's a really good horror flick with a good spin and story to tell. It's a bit kinda different from the usual tropes we're used to in the genre.

It has its failings in some areas with the lead being a painfully annoying @sshole with tons and tons of stupid decisions back to back. She was pretty annoying most of the time that it took the scare away from the horror film. Doesn't even help matters with the rest of the cast also being stupid at the same time as well.
Some yawning plotholes here and there with some unexplained plotlines.

Satisfying ending tho and overall a good flick. Has a nice use of gore to project its scary aspects with the suicidal boy.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2023
phr0nesis:

It's an Australian movie, faces will definitely be unfamiliar

Horror movies don't even need familiar faces or stars to sell it.

I'm struggling to remember a time we had a through and through horror flick with bonafide big stars asides The Conjuring and A Quiet Place universe, and maybe Nope.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2023
abduleez1:

I'm struggling to remember a time we had a through and through horror flick with bonafide big stars asides The Conjuring and A Quiet Place universe, and maybe Nope.
I agree. No need for star power nor amazing CGI. Just provide a good story and scary sh!ts, and pockets will be filled with good coins.

I think IT Chapter 2 also had stars
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 10:28am On Sep 14, 2023
phr0nesis:

I agree. No need for star power nor amazing CGI. Just provide a good story and scary sh!ts, and pockets will be filled with good coins.

The right Horror film creates Stars actually sef.

Daniel Kaluuya was revealed to us from Get Out. Mia Goth got her big break from X and Pearl franchise. Jenna Ortega from Scream franchise and Wednesday. Stranger Things have spawned a few number of stars itself with Milly Bobbie Brown and Sadie Sink. There's also that girl from Barbarian gaining limelight. Bill Skarsgard from IT & IT 2. Lest I forget, Johnathan Majors was a revelation in HBO's Lovecraft Country.

So, I find it kinda strange when some peeps and critics relegate the genre.

True, IT Chapter 2 had big stars in it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Only a bitter person would ask for proof of someone else's personal life.
yikes, imagine this? Going to the cinema is now someone's personal life? Choi. πŸ€£πŸ˜…
It is a sad joke thinking that someone has to prove something to you. Focus on enjoying your life..
the sad thing here is, if that demented someone can not even show proof that he is capable of buying himself a movie ticket, talkless of buying himself a brain.
My offer still stands, we have free cinema tickets monthly if you need
you can shove your offer back into the vagina that shat you into this world, I want no part of it, bitch. πŸ–•
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:16am On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
yikes, imagine this? Going to the cinema is now someone's personal life? Choi. πŸ€£πŸ˜…
the sad thing here is, if that demented someone can not even show proof that he is capable of buying himself a movie ticket, talkless of buying himself a brain.
you can shove your offer back into the vagina that shat you into this world, I want no part of it, bitch. πŸ–•

Bro, I will throw in free popcorn and coke with the free movie ticket. Blue beetle is still showing in cinemas.

I will help you overcome this bitterness.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:19am On Sep 14, 2023
abduleez1:
Talk To Me...... 7.5/10

It's a really good horror flick with a good spin and story to tell. It's a bit kinda different from the usual tropes we're used to in the genre.

It has its failings in some areas with the lead being a painfully annoying @sshole with tons and tons of stupid decisions back to back. She was pretty annoying most of the time that it took the scare away from the horror film. Doesn't even help matters with the rest of the cast also being stupid at the same time as well.
Some yawning plotholes here and there with some unexplained plotlines.

Satisfying ending tho and overall a good flick. Has a nice use of gore to project its scary aspects with the suicidal boy.
I read the synopsis and I must say, the movie has the classic JeromeBlack/naijamemes attitude written allover it, which is, stupid people doing stupid things that ends up messing them and everyone else up.

Like who in their right mind would want to summon evil spirit for the fun if it, except of course, you know the answer. πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2023
NaijaMemes:

Bro, I will throw in free popcorn and coke with the free movie ticket. Blue beetle is still showing in cinemas.

I will help you overcome this bitterness.
WHo is your bro? πŸ–•

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:26am On Sep 14, 2023
abduleez1:

The right Horror film creates Stars actually sef.

Daniel Kaluuya was revealed to us from Get Out. Mia Goth got her big break from X and Pearl franchise. Jenna Ortega from Scream franchise and Wednesday. Stranger Things have spawned a few number of stars itself with Milly Bobbie Brown and Sadie Sink. There's also that girl from Barbarian gaining limelight. Bill Skarsgard from IT & IT 2

So, I find it kinda strange when some peeps and critics relegate the genre.

True, IT Chapter 2 had big stars in it.

I agree with you that horror is an underrated genre.

However, you are wrong on two counts.

Jenna Ortega was already a disney star before "Scream". She also appeared in the hit series "You" before Scream in 2022.

With Daniel Kaluuya, you are technically right......although he was popular long ago with us British fans in British media
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WHITELIGHTER: 11:26am On Sep 14, 2023
Talk to Me

These white folks keep trying to tell us that it’s compulsory for all teenagers to be stupid. It’s becoming annoying, boring and irritating to watch.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:27am On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
I read the synopsis and I must say, the movie has the classic JeromeBlack/naijamemes attitude written allover it, which is, stupid people doing stupid things that ends up messing them and everyone else up.

Like who in their right mind would want to summon evil spirit for the fun if it, except of course, you know the answer. πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

grin grin

You are wrong. The movie has Ishilove written all over it. After all, who is the person that brought mods and naptuu2 to ban people and hide posts?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 11:28am On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
WHo is your bro? πŸ–•

What? Are you a sis?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2023
You dey whine.... shit looks pretty good.
Seems the itch for DUNE 2 won't be sorely missed.
Giving me ANDOR vibes. Pretty hyped for this new Sci-Fi tale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAZuGdi32bk?si=UNFRaqJZXKbSZi69
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 11:31am On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:
WHo is your bro? πŸ–•
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:42am On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:

grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2023
NaijaMemes:

I agree with you that horror is an underrated genre.

However, you are wrong on two counts.

Jenna Ortega was already a disney star before "Scream". She also appeared in the hit series "You" before Scream in 2022.

With Daniel Kaluuya, you are technically right......although he was popular long ago with us British fans in British media

Well, I usually forget she was on some Disney productions for a while. I didn't really know her until last year.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cuffee: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
abduleez1:

Final Destination has big names. E.g Alice Carter, sean william scott. Then there was Scary Movie which had the likes of the wayans, regina hall, anna faris
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cuffee: 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
Above Death
Fasten your seatbelt. Its about to get ugly
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cuffee: 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
phr0nesis:

is Ananconda films horror?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:

Asin this movie is just about some dumb teenagers who are tired of doing drug and won't let the dead rest in peace either grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
ShaqFu:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
"Beau is afraid". Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal of the titular Beau was brilliant. I also love the surrealism and horror all mixed in one. The movie is an eight out of ten for me.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
"The new boy". It's a drama set in the 1940's during the second world war. Cate Blanchett was phenomenal and the boy who starred as the aboriginal boy was very captivating. The cinematography is topnotch too. I'd score it 7/10.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
BARBIE..... 7.5/10

A wildly enjoyable film.
It's a satirical movie about feminism, masculinity and the toxic side of both extremes while delivering comic relief in the background.

People saying the film is misandrist/men-hating clearly didn't understand the film. Of course, there are some parts close to the end where it felt like the film hated men and talked down at Patriarchy. It just spells out how a Patriarchal world feels like to an average woman, from the POV of a woman who feels repressed by the system. Bitter truth, but it's what it is.

It's an ingenious storytelling piece where real world scenarios was juxtaposed against what obtains in Matriarchal Barbieland.
I feel the movie just points out the flaws of both divides and amplify its talking points.

Great performance from Ryan Gosling as Ken. He was the soul of the movie. Hardly a movie where Margot Robbie disappoints me. πŸ€—
Great score, good music and most definitely a premium befitting song to end it with "What I Was Made For" by Billie Eillish; with Barbie questioning her purpose in life. That song is surely earning a Best Original Song shout at the Oscars.

It's not a movie you take overly serious despite it taking on serious subjects. It just tackles the ills of societal hierarchy...... in a fun and colourful way.
Of course, it's a social commentary!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2023
nahr:
"Beau is afraid". Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal of the titular Beau was brilliant. I also love the surrealism and horror all mixed in one. The movie is an eight out of ten for me.
You are the first person on this thread that has anything good to say about this movie. The majorly negative reviews is the reason I haven't downloaded it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

You are the first person on this thread that has anything good to say about this movie. The majorly negative reviews is the reason I haven't downloaded it.

Oyaskii praised the movie. πŸ‘€
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NaijaMemes: 2:58pm On Sep 14, 2023
Octopusssy:

Because he is being contrarian.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
abduleez1:

Oyaskii praised the movie. πŸ‘€
Okay. I must have missed it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ShaqFu: 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2023
NaijaMemes:

grin grin
You are wrong. The movie has Ish ilove written all over it. After all, who is the person that brought mods and nap tuu2 to ban people and hide posts?
NaijaMemes:

What? Are you a sis?
everything is rainbow now, according to your foolish self. Hey grab your crotch just to know if your dick is still there, you know, just to make sure, you confused newt.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3680) (3681) (3682) (3683) (3684) (3685) (3686) ... (3841) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.