Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3754000 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3763) (3764) (3765) (3766) (3767) (3768) (3769) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2023
Dream Scenerio (2023)

Post Mid Life Crisis..Debt Free Nicolas Cage is a gem .

Paul Matthews is a recluse academician nobody, who starts appearing randomly in people's dreams and it sees it as an opportunity to up his outlook on life and social status, but it is when these dreams starts becoming nightmares that things begin to take an interesting turn.

The plot is "fresh", not fresh in a way that we haven't seen this before, infact it is right out of the playbook of Inception (2010) which was right out of the playbook of Paparika (2006). It is fresh in the sense that, it is able to take on an already established idea and brilliantly mesh up with current trends to present something that looks totally different and beautiful to see, that don't even fit into any particular genre box cuz sci fi, horror, psychology...it had it all.

Nicolas Cage took up any downbeat role he could find to pay off a debt, post that, he his now able to pick up artsy roles like this that really shows how brilliant of an actor he is, and no better medium to express his new found artistic freedom than an A24 indie gem like this.

This is a top top motion picture.

8/10

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LooneyLester: 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
JackBizzle:
Some of Una no dey try.

1. Cinema? For where? High seas piracy for life
2. Netflix? Make Una bend!
3. Prime? No be only prime na ponmo!

No cinema and no streaming app but they will come here and be acting like movie Jagaban.

grin

May this new year allow Una afford Una hobby

Netflix is shit

You go pay for 4K vid , them go day give you 720p

E better make person pirate Jo
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kharol1234: 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
JAILER : 8/10

A India movie

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by HeadPrincipal: 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
LooneyLester:

Netflix is shit

Your Internet speed fit stream 4k video?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2023
LooneyLester:

Netflix is shit

Spoken like a true pirate. Ahoy, matey!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LooneyLester: 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
HeadPrincipal:

Your Internet speed fit stream 4k video?

TF

Yes na
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
JackBizzle:
Some of Una no dey try.

1. Cinema? For where? High seas piracy for life
2. Netflix? Make Una bend!
3. Prime? No be only prime na ponmo!

No cinema and no streaming app but they will come here and be acting like movie Jagaban.

grin

May this new year allow Una afford Una hobby
na you come dey try, you disgruntled whelp.

Post picture of the ticket with your name, date and time on the movie ticket, you're busy lamenting like a hoe who her customer refuse to pay 500 Naira after fvcking her sh1tless. Tssk.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2023
joseph1832:
na you come dey try, you disgruntled whelp.

Post picture of the ticket with your name, date and time on the movie ticket, you're busy lamenting like a hoe who her customer refuse to pay 500 Naira after fvcking her sh1tless. Tssk.

Ishilove, abeg, come and carry your simp back to his dungeon grin grin

2024 is my year of peace. Shallom
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2023
WriterNig:
🎥 Fargo S01- 4 (2014 - 2023) = 8/10 ✔️ ❤️

Season 5 = 5/10 ❌

Tediously boring. Female leads are trying to ruin this great series 🚮

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
JackBizzle:

Ish ilove, abeg, come and carry your simp back to his dungeon grin grin

2024 is my year of peace. Shallom
OH yeah, the asshole decides to run away with his tail stuck between his legs finger stuck inside his Anus.

Fvcking Anus sympathizer.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2023
🎥 Percy Jackson And The Olympians S01 (2023) = 4/10 ❌

Kiddies show lmao.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2023
WriterNig:
🎥 Percy Jackson And The Olympians S01 (2023) = 4/10 ❌

Kiddies show lmao.

How do people endure an entire season of a show just to rate it 4/10?

Do you enjoy torturing yourself?
If you aren't enjoying something, just quit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
🎥 Reacher S01-2 (2022 - 23) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2023
oyaskii:
Dream Scenerio (2023)

Post Mid Life Crisis..Debt Free Nicolas Cage is a gem .

Paul Matthews is a recluse academician nobody, who starts appearing randomly in people's dreams and it sees it as an opportunity to up his outlook on life and social status, but it is when these dreams starts becoming nightmares that things begin to take an interesting turn.

The plot is "fresh", not fresh in a way that we haven't seen this before, infact it is right out of the playbook of Inception (2010) which was right out of the playbook of Paparika (2006). It is fresh in the sense that, it is able to take on an already established idea and brilliantly mesh up with current trends to present something that looks totally different and beautiful to see, that don't even fit into any particular genre box cuz sci fi, horror, psychology...it had it all.

Nicolas Cage took up any downbeat role he could find to pay off a debt, post that, he his now able to pick up artsy roles like this that really shows how brilliant of an actor he is, and no better medium to express his new found artistic freedom than an A24 indie gem like this.

This is a top top motion picture.

8/10

Mr Cage has always been a great actor. I'm pretty sure his financial troubles were what was influencing his role choices back then. He was accepting every shitty script that came his way as long as it could pay some of his bills.

I enjoyed the movie because it was so...unusual. It's the kind of movie that actually makes you think about the theory of 'hive consciousness'. I'm still not convinced, though, but it sure did make me wonder.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 9:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
grin

8 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2023
Chibudollar:
grin
Superman can see in the dark. Bro knew who he was doing 😂😝

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2023
Ishilove:

Mr Cage has always been a great actor. I'm pretty sure his financial troubles were what was influencing his role choices back then. He was accepting every shitty script that came his way as long as it could pay some of his bills.

I read somewhere that he ran into a $6m mortgage debt hence he had to scrub up just about any role to pay it off, he's done with that now, and he has the luxury of picking roles like this, and it's like we are getting a different version of him now cuz this new version is different from the "Gone in sixty seconds" version but twice as nice.

I enjoyed the movie because it was so...unusual. It's the kind of movie that actually makes you think about the theory of 'hive consciousness'. I'm still not convinced, though, but it sure did make me wonder.

The "Dreamfluencers" and "Mindvertisers" bit ain't even far off the data mining and eves dropping that goes on with our phones now to give us targeted ads.

Tech is fast evolving at a scary pace, who is to say in the not so distant future, you could have an innocent dream of you carrying a red handbag and you wake up and the first notification on your phone is Jumia telling you they have a "certain red bag in store for you to buy" 🙃

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
oyaskii:

The "Dreamfluencers" and "Mindvertisers" bit ain't even far off the data mining and eves dropping that goes on with our phones now to give us targeted ads.

Tech is fast evolving at a scary pace, who is to say in the not so distant future, you could have an innocent dream of you carrying a red handbag and you wake up and the first notification on your phone is Jumia telling you they have a "certain red bag in store for you to buy" 🙃
My brother!!! In short ehn. I have this magazine service on my phone and I'm always a bit taken aback when the slides and screenshots change to the subject of my WhatsApp and phone conversations. A very glaring example was when I and my sibs were discussing the best airline to book for my mum who was coming from Abuja to Lagos for the hols. After the conversation (family WhatsApp), behold, the magazine slide had changed to an airplane in a hangar. This has happened on more than one occasion.

Whenever I have a conversation on either Whatsapp or network phone call about office work, pens/coffee cups/ road traffic appear on the magazine slides.

Yesterday, I was talking to someone over the phone about a freight container at the Lagos port. After he rang off, guess what I saw on the magazine slide? Your guess is right 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

A vessel laden with hundreds of containers 🙄

WhatsApp is not fully encrypted and these apps are eavesdropping on us, but we can't stop using them because, hey, it's technology and we are in 'their' spider web of control 🤷
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
joseph1832:
oui, You poverty beaten wastrel. It's a pity nobody is looking for your opinion. So why don't you shove in jackbizzle's shit stain Anus. Atleast in there you losers can have shitty affair.
🤣🤣🤣
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by LooneyLester: 3:03am On Dec 30, 2023
Ebola Syndrome

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2023
Chibudollar:
grin
I thought Superman can see in the dark? grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 8:47am On Dec 30, 2023
LooneyLester:
Ebola Syndrome

Is this what I think it is?

Golden shower?,
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by kushercain: 8:55am On Dec 30, 2023
WriterNig:

Hearing whispers this Alan guy or Jenson Ackles could be the new batman
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 9:38am On Dec 30, 2023
WriterNig:

I am hoping that you will have sense in 2024. Jack Reacher is a series. This is not a series tread but actually a movies thread.

Happy new year in advance.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2023
Superman is the most popular super hero right? Also most iconic?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2023
Chibudollar:

Stop trolling. Batman is the most iconic.

6 standalone Superman movies.

8 standalone Batman movies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:40pm On Dec 30, 2023
JackBizzle:

Stop trolling. Batman is the most iconic.

6 standalone Superman movies.

8 standalone Batman movies.

Why add "trolling" to the mix, it's not that deep, it's a question.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2023
Chibudollar:
He definitely is

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2023
JackBizzle:

I am hoping that you will have sense in 2024. Jack Reacher is a series. This is not a series tread but actually a movies thread.

Happy new year in advance.
He's on the right. The person who opened this thread never specified if it's a movie thread. He said series too even anime

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Josbreed: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2023
Where can I download S2?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Josbreed: 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
WriterNig:

Where can I download S2?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JackBizzle: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2023
Illusioneffect:

He's on the right. The person who opened this thread never specified if it's a movie thread. He said series too even anime

Really bro?

Guy, times change. Substance over form.

The op opened this thread 10 years ago. However, by 2015 (2 years later), the thread was almost exclusively for movies because people realized that there was already a thread for series that was opened in 2011. The series thread existed two years before this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3763) (3764) (3765) (3766) (3767) (3768) (3769) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Archtype(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.