Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,786 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3757604 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3812) (3813) (3814) (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 1:16pm On Apr 06
BlackManta:

WB don smoke igbó

This movie should remain exclusively for cinemas for three months. A movie that was guaranteed to hit $700m at the box office.

WB don't like money

This is what happens when a CEO prefers short term benefits over long term success.
From what I've noticed recently, it doesn't really affect their income that much. Barbie was released early; Wonka too, but both movies still had good box office numbers.

Dune 2 is currently on $630m. I believe it's still on track to hit $700m at the box office.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 1:21pm On Apr 06
Scoop.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 2:22pm On Apr 06
abduleez1:

Still, it doesn't really make sense for a major studio as big as WB to give up on summer theatrical window. It's actually foolish. The months of May, June, July are the most juiciest months of the year to release big event movies competition or not. They're the biggest months in a whole year despite the competition. If Dune 2 was released in a juicy window in summer it would easily rack $1bn or very close to it just like Oppenheimer.
WB is a top 2 big studio so shouldn't be too worried about the competition to chicken out of a whole summer release entirely.

I haven't checked release date for upcoming Mad Max: Furiosa movie, but that should be a summer tentpole.

E be like say Furiosa Na May o
They are still in the competition.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 5:42pm On Apr 06
This is exactly how I feel about this Dune movie. Sometimes I wonder if people are just pretending to enjoy it

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 6:09pm On Apr 06
Chibudollar:
This is exactly how I feel about this Dune movie. Sometimes I wonder if people are just pretending to enjoy it
Lol
Me sef
I don't understand shit🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:28pm On Apr 06
🎥 Dune: Part 2 (2024) = 5.2/10 ✔️

🚮 Meaningless. Watching it felt like a chore. I've never been a fan of Sci-fi Star Wars like movies. Don't think I'll ever watch any of that shit.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 6:32pm On Apr 06
Watching Dune and sleeping off means you have the attention span of a fly and don''t know what good cinemas is. You definitely wont like a Scorcese movie or even the Lord of the Rings

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06
People here saying the Dune movie is a chore, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you guys watch good movies at all? I rewatched the first Dune like a sixth time!

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 6:35pm On Apr 06
WriterNig:
🎥 Shogun S01 (2024) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Can't believe this is what some clowns are comparing to Game Of Thrones. SMH

Those clowns that compared this mid series to GOT. How do y'all feel now?

7 episodes in, still nothing intriguing about it. I regret giving it a 7/10 rating, should have been less.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Illusioneffect(m): 6:39pm On Apr 06
WriterNig:

Those clowns that compared this mid series to GOT. How do y'all feel now?

7 episodes in, still nothing intriguing about it. I regret giving it a 7/10 rating, should have been less.
You're right about this tho, the show is kinda mid compared to Game of Thrones. It is like Succession but with no captivating plot

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:42pm On Apr 06
phr0nesis:

E be like say Furiosa Na May o
They are still in the competition.

Yep. Just checked.

It seems WB is fully in summer release window as they have about 3 major movies releasing during this period. Including Furiosa, they have a horror film and a Western in June.

And there's still Boon Jo Ho's & Robert Pattinson's MICKEY 17 movie that was moved for DUNE PART TWO without a release date. In addition, TWISTERS is releasing in July which is a coproduction between WB and Universal.

There's also a SALEM'S LOT movie that has sadly been pushed to streamer MAX for release by Zaslav.

So there's plenty of options.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 06
Illusioneffect:
Do you guys watch good movies at all? I rewatched the first Dune like a sixth time!

Seems some don't like the movie.
I was also shocked a friend said he didn't like DUNE Part one. And said it was mid. This is a person whom I highly rate his entertainment choices since most of my hobbies and content are very similar.

Also met someone few weeks ago saying Dune was boring, I no too mind am and look am say e no sabi film. So it's prolly a matter of "one man's meat is another man's poison."
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jikins(m): 6:47pm On Apr 06
iamoyindamola:

Lol
Me sef

Lol I very much understand why you will feel that way. You have to understand the lore to fully appreciate it. Try reading about the lore then watch part 1 and 2 again you will enjoy it. Its a beautiful piece of cinema ngl. It ignited feelings I last had during Avengers endgame. But yes you can easily get lost and eventually it will become boring
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 6:57pm On Apr 06
Illusioneffect:
Watching Dune and sleeping off means you have the attention span of a fly and don''t know what good cinemas is. You definitely wont like a Scorcese movie or even the Lord of the Rings
I watched Lord of the rings trilogy and i really enjoyed it, I said dune is one boring movie then some people on here said i should go and read the book. Please. Thought I was in the minority till I saw tears on X about same movie. But watch it pack awards
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Rita5(f): 7:03pm On Apr 06
jikins:

Lol I very much understand why you will feel that way. You have to understand the lore to fully appreciate it. Try reading about the lore then watch part 1 and 2 again you will enjoy it. Its a beautiful piece of cinema ngl. It ignited feelings I last had during Avengers endgame. But yes you can easily get lost and eventually it will become boring

Totally relate with this. Dune 1 was boring as hell to me on my first watch. After reading so much praise about the part 2 I was like lemme try to understand the story self. I did light reading then I watched part 1 again and it was a much better experience, and part 2 blew me away and broke my heart at the same time cry

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:48pm On Apr 06
phr0nesis:

From what I've noticed recently, it doesn't really affect their income that much. Barbie was released early; Wonka too, but both movies still had good box office numbers.

Dune 2 is currently on $630m. I believe it's still on track to hit $700m at the box office.

Yeah, this is what I feel too. It doesn't really affect the box office of the movie. It's most definitely going to hit $700mn at the BO. With GxK appearing in theatres with mad numbers beating out even experts predictions by a mile it's a no brainer, WB will fully support it. Dune 2 has already made it's money regardless.

Universal did this too with MARIO release as well as their previous DreamWorks animation films and they ALL still did very well at the box office. Your examples above are also good references.

Dune part two being marketed as an event movie only to be seen in the best of premium screens is also a huge booster to keep playing well at IMAX and PLF screens. The results for the movie has broken some IMAX film release records of all time.
So, everyone is most certainly pleased.

I would have loved to watch this on an IMAX screen but with this early release I'm confused. Maybe na to watch am in 1080p on a larger screen(laptop) na in sure pass.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:58pm On Apr 06
The Menu.....7/10

Nice movie with a satirical look on the elite and their lifestyles.
Shoulda watched earlier.

Can't believe this is the first movie I'm watching since February. cry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by joseph1832(m): 8:59pm On Apr 06
abduleez1:
The Menu.....7/10

Nice movie with a satirical look on the elite and their lifestyles.
Shoulda watched earlier.

Can't believe this is the first movie I'm watching since February. cry
Ah ah. Wetin happen?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 9:15pm On Apr 06
nani667:
Code 8 Part II | 2024

7 / 10
I've had this movie for weeks now .. saw some In minutes in it and couldnt continue ... I can't just bring myself to go back to it ... I'll try seeing this night to see why you rate it a 7/10 . Cause to me it feels like 4/10 ..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06
WriterNig:
🎥 Dune: Part 2 (2024) = 5.2/10 ✔️

🚮 Meaningless. Watching it felt like a chore. I've never been a fan of Sci-fi Star Wars like movies. Don't think I'll ever watch any of that shit.

I just finished watching the movie and I must say you are a very big clôwn 🤡🤡🤡

Even if your life depended on it, you won't know a good movie when you see one....

You have 0 media literacy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:45pm On Apr 06
Chibudollar:

Watch both Dune movies together...

I rewatched part one and immediately watched part 2 afterwards...

Use subtitles too and rewind if necessary...
You'll understand...

There's nothing hard to understand in both movies

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:45pm On Apr 06
iamoyindamola:

Lol
Me sef

Rewatch part one...

Should be common knowledge...
Watch both together
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:47pm On Apr 06
Illusioneffect:

I didn't rewatch the first Dune movie until today where I binged both...

Very good movies...

DUNE movies makes Jack Snyder's Rebel Moon look like an even bigger joke...

The difference in lore is like an entire universe apart

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:48pm On Apr 06
abduleez1:

Seems some don't like the movie.
I was also shocked a friend said he didn't like DUNE Part one. And said it was mid. This is a person whom I highly rate his entertainment choices since most of my hobbies and content are very similar.

Also met someone few weeks ago saying Dune was boring, I no too mind am and look am say e no sabi film. So it's prolly a matter of "one man's meat is another man's poison."

Some people don't like gripping narratives...
They also don't appreciate good lore

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:12pm On Apr 06
DUNE Part Two.............9/10

I'll try to keep this review as short and spoiler free as possible since the movie just dropped for downloads today...

Firstly, I haven't read the Dune books the movies are adapted from...
And the reason this movie is a 9/10 instead of a 10/10 for me is because it felt rushed midway...

Not long after Paul started attacking North with the Fremen, his Fremen name and exploits spread so fast... I also didn't like the scenes with Rabban (Baptista) being scared and all that...

There are also some unanswered questions like if the Fremen had lasers that could easily tear through ships, then how come they were attacking in land battles... especially the one where many of them died to a Gunner ship...

Also the true nature of the prophecies are not clear...how much of it is Bene Gesserit propaganda and how much is true...
Because so far, the "propaganda" or false prophecies used to control the Fremen seem to actually be pretty true...

And what exactly did Feyd-Rautha do different? How did he know the Fremen Southern base to attack directly...that's why the middle of the movie seemed very rushed...they could have expanded the movie to 3 hours tbh...I wish they did...

The final battle also seemed to easy...before you say he could see...the issue is how easy the battle played out considering the opponents had giant space ships that could as well stay above and attack from there...

For me the movie's biggest strength is the lore...and I even heard that the movies only touch a surface of the lore in the books...

The Cinematography is also outstanding...watching on high quality, it's amazing...

The voice acting is also superb...I had to rewatch some scenes several times just to keep appreciating the voice acting...
Was an entirely new language created for the movies just like in GOT?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:32pm On Apr 06
Baddestguyp:
DUNE Part Two.............9/10

Now it's time for me to address something now that I've seen Dune Part 2.

It's the Similarities between Paul Atreides from Dune and Eren Yeager from Attack on Titan

*This post will contain spoilers for the Dune movie

I've been hearing for months about the similarities between the two characters and their situations...

And I must say I clearly see a lot of similarities and also a lot of differences between both shows/characters.

Paul Atreides drank the water of life and attained the power to see the past and the future...the same way Eren got hold of both the powers of the Founding Titan and the Attack Titan and was able to see the past and future...

The big difference however is that Paul Atreides could see multiple futures or timelines and saw a very thin path to victory and to save his people...

On the other hand, in Attack on Titan, there are no multiple outcomes, there is only one timeline and one future, so Eren Yeager only sees the singular future that must happen and has happened.

Another difference is that Paul Atreides had no choice but to start the Holy War because it was the only path for victory...however Eren's decision to follow the future and start the Rumbling was based more on his desire and his nature to seek freedom...

Also, in Paul's case, he actively tried to avoid the future he saw...plus it was not in his nature to do the things he did...he only acted that way because he was pushed to a corner and it was the only path to victory from all the possible futures he had seen...

In Eren's case however, his actions were in line with his nature from birth...one who actively sought freedom...one who would destroy the enemy who tried to take away his freedom... whether they be Titans or humans...so Eren didn't need to change...his understanding of his situation changed instead...and his enemies changed...

That said, there are more similarities in that in both characters, both Paul and Eren are partially motivated by revenge and also for their people....

Both characters have also pushed the women they loved aside in a quest to acheive their goals...
Boths characters have also taken reckless risks because they've seen the future and know they survive them...

And who knows...both characters may be killed by the women they love...
I haven't read the Dune books so I can't confirm that

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:56pm On Apr 06
abduleez1:

Yep. Just checked.

It seems WB is fully in summer release window as they have about 3 major movies releasing during this period. Including Furiosa, they have a horror film and a Western in June.

And there's still Boon Jo Ho's & Robert Pattinson's MICKEY 17 movie that was moved for DUNE PART TWO without a release date. In addition, TWISTERS is releasing in July which is a coproduction between WB and Universal.

There's also a SALEM'S LOT movie that has sadly been pushed to streamer MAX for release by Zaslav.

So there's plenty of options.
WB are acting like they are ashamed of Salem's Lot. They've postponed it several times, and even now that they've finally agreed to release it, they chose to hide the release date. I thought Mickey 17 was 2025 movie, I had no idea it was getting a summer release; I haven't seen its trailer anywhere
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 11:11pm On Apr 06
Baddestguyp:

Watch both Dune movies together...

I rewatched part one and immediately watched part 2 afterwards...

Use subtitles too and rewind if necessary...
You'll understand...

There's nothing hard to understand in both movies
ok, will find time to do this with an open mind this time. Second time might just be the charm.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 11:12pm On Apr 06
abduleez1:

Yeah, this is what I feel too. It doesn't really affect the box office of the movie. It's most definitely going to hit $700mn at the BO. With GxK appearing in theatres with mad numbers beating out even experts predictions by a mile it's a no brainer, WB will fully support it. Dune 2 has already made it's money regardless.

Universal did this too with MARIO release as well as their previous DreamWorks animation films and they ALL still did very well at the box office. Your examples above are also good references.

Dune part two being marketed as an event movie only to be seen in the best of premium screens is also a huge booster to keep playing well at IMAX and PLF screens. The results for the movie has broken some IMAX film release records of all time.
So, everyone is most certainly pleased.

I would have loved to watch this on an IMAX screen but with this early release I'm confused. Maybe na to watch am in 1080p on a larger screen(laptop) na in sure pass.
Yea true, Universal also had early releases. Apart from Oppenheimer, all their movies had early digital releases. Na only Disney carry hoarding for head.

I can hardly differentiate between 720p and 1080p on laptop. Their differences are more noticeable when you are watching on a larger screen, like a 55" television for example.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:19pm On Apr 06
Part 3 of dune will be way hotter..

Conflict on all parts...

I see Paul getting killed laslas..

By benejeseries.. and his sister taking his place..

Those girl cult mustn't win o
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DieRich5: 11:26pm On Apr 06
If not for Zendaya, I nor sure I go fit finish dune part 1 and I feel lost Nd the movie too long, it's was around 1hr+ I started enjoying the movie but it's was still confusing tho

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06
DieRich5:
If not for Zendaya, I nor sure I go fit finish dune part 1 and I feel lost Nd the movie too long, it's was around 1hr+ I started enjoying the movie but it's was still confusing tho

Probably you were not listening to the conversations

All you want to see is fight scenes lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (3812) (3813) (3814) (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Blaisec, Naijaspiderman(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.