Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3817) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3757967 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3814) (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07
phr0nesis:

Yea true, Universal also had early releases. Apart from Oppenheimer, all their movies had early digital releases. Na only Disney carry hoarding for head.

I can hardly differentiate between 720p and 1080p on laptop. Their differences are more noticeable when you are watching on a larger screen, like a 55" television for example.

Omo, you for talk this thing since. I just start to dey download few minutes ago. 😭😩

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07
phr0nesis:

Yea true, Universal also had early releases. Apart from Oppenheimer, all their movies had early digital releases. Na only Disney carry hoarding for head.

Disney movies haven't done well at the box office when they released early on VOD and Disney+ have thought audiences to wait for Disney releases to hit the streamer if they're unsure of it or it ain't an event movie. So na premium suffer Disney dey like dis as almost all their animation films including Pixar's have underperformed or flat out flopped at the box office.

Universal just seems to be the opposite of it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07
phr0nesis:

WB are acting like they are ashamed of Salem's Lot. They've postponed it several times, and even now that they've finally agreed to release it, they chose to hide the release date. I thought Mickey 17 was 2025 movie, I had no idea it was getting a summer release; I haven't seen its trailer anywhere

That Salem's Lot matter dey fear me. I've been waiting for that movie since 2021 to even understand the universe but WB no wan gree release am. It was to be released last year but was pushed back as WB already had many horror titles releasing for the year.
Rumor mill is that Zaslav had put it up for a tax write off but seems to have changed his mind and instead decides to dump it on Max.
Stephen King has come out to say he loved the movie and it's a beaut and don't understand what's going on at WB.

Mickey 17 was a March 2024 release but got moved because of Dune Part 2 new date. So it's not with a release date yet. No trailer yet. Just a movie title teaser.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07
joseph1832:
Ah ah. Wetin happen?

Boss na work oo and life. I mostly watch TV shows these days cos I have more time with the world, lore, characters and development. Movies are too short and their 2hrs runtime I see dey fear me. But I'll happily spend more than that time on a TV series. 😩

I download movies every week tho alongside series. It's just that I don't see them. I just curate them in to watch list.

Just finished watching my second movie since mid February, POOR THINGS yesterday night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:24pm On Apr 07
Blueelf:

this guy again !!!

You can always move along if you have nothing to contribute.

Thank you
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07
Blueelf:

no mind them jare

a very boring movie

I'm pretty sure no one was expecting you to understand Dune.

Your track record here speaks for itself...
There's no good movie/series you've ever understood...

I've adviced you before to stick to Nollywood home videos

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:35pm On Apr 07
Baddestguyp:

Paul seems like he's becoming the villain to me...

And the constant comparison to Eren from AOT assures me he's becoming the villain

He's gotten his revenge. His the new emperor.

Other houses will come to agree with him.

The truth of his birth is already known to em all.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 5:48pm On Apr 07
NeoWanZaeed:

He's gotten his revenge. His the new emperor.

Other houses will come to agree with him.

The truth of his birth is already known to em all.

Paul's actions have led to the Holy War...

From his visions, the Holy war will lead to the death of millions of people...and will lead to mass hunger and starvation...

His visions show him that there is actually only one single slim path for victory...and I'm sure that path will be very bloody...

I personally think Paul will be the main villain of Dune...and will have to be stopped at the end

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07
Baddestguyp:

Paul's actions have led to the Holy War...

From his visions, the Holy war will lead to the death of millions of people...and will lead to mass hunger and starvation...

His visions show him that there is actually only one single slim path for victory...and I'm sure that path will be very bloody...

I personally think Paul will be the main villain of Dune...and will have to be stopped at the end

Yes. . I think he's actually taking the possible slim path to avoid the bloody war.

Keeping emperor alive and taking his throne..
I damn hate movies to be so good that it keeps me guessing what will happen Next lol

If Paul becomes villain thinking he's saving the world.. it's gonna be a sad life for him.. just like eren
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 9:03pm On Apr 07
NeoWanZaeed:

Yes. . I think he's actually taking the possible slim path to avoid the bloody war.

Keeping emperor alive and taking his throne..
I damn hate movies to be so good that it keeps me guessing what will happen Next lol

If Paul becomes villain thinking he's saving the world.. it's gonna be a sad life for him.. just like eren

He literally stated that they have enemies surrounding them and all their paths lead to defeat...

Except one slim path he must follow...

And recall his previous visions showed that if he goes South, his actions will cause the holy war that will bring about suffering to the world...

That is the single narrow path he has taken...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:20pm On Apr 07
Baddestguyp:

He literally stated that they have enemies surrounding them and all their paths lead to defeat...

Except one slim path he must follow...

And recall his previous visions showed that if he goes South, his actions will cause the holy war that will bring about suffering to the world...

That is the single narrow path he has taken...

Chai.. that way is brutal. Ending the world for it to begin anew
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:29pm On Apr 07
Understanding this dune plot and hard road he's to take.

If I'm to re watch AOT.. I'll just be breaking down in tears lol.. coz I'll understand eren choices and burden well well lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 9:38pm On Apr 07
Baddestguyp:

I'm pretty sure no one was expecting you to understand Dune.

Your track record here speaks for itself...
There's no good movie/series you've ever understood...

I've adviced you before to stick to Nollywood home videos

cry more

My bucket is empty

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 9:41pm On Apr 07
Baddestguyp:

You can always move along if you have nothing to contribute.

Thank you

E pain am grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eren this, eren that ....

The overrated series don end

Now we can have peace

Man cannot enjoy a movie review without one child trying to draw parallels with a show that has ended since

Pikin wey till supposes dey go lesson

If eren was human, you for don turn gay since

I know you'll cry under this post again

My bucket is empty, you hear and I hear that tears of pained folks make for good skin care grin grin grin grin

Ode

5 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:16pm On Apr 07
abduleez1:

That Salem's Lot matter dey fear me. I've been waiting for that movie since 2021 to even understand the universe but WB no wan gree release am. It was to be released last year but was pushed back as WB already had many horror titles releasing for the year.
Rumor mill is that Zaslav had put it up for a tax write off but seems to have changed his mind and instead decides to dump it on Max.
Stephen King has come out to say he loved the movie and it's a beaut and don't understand what's going on at WB.

Mickey 17 was a March 2024 release but got moved because of Dune Part 2 new date. So it's not with a release date yet. No trailer yet. Just a movie title teaser.
Mehn
The way vampire movies just de flop recently, fear no allow Zaslav release am. I just hope they stick with the current expected release date.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:29pm On Apr 07
abduleez1:

Disney movies haven't done well at the box office when they released early on VOD and Disney+ have thought audiences to wait for Disney releases to hit the streamer if they're unsure of it or it ain't an event movie. So na premium suffer Disney dey like dis as almost all their animation films including Pixar's have underperformed or flat out flopped at the box office.

Universal just seems to be the opposite of it.
Why them no go suffer? They've been dropping terrible movies recently, and it somehow affected the numbers of even their good movies. I expect Inside out 2 to perform well at the box though; Deadpool and Wolverine too
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:29pm On Apr 07
Blueelf:

E pain am grin grin grin grin grin grin

Eren this, eren that ....

The overrated series don end

Now we can have peace

Man cannot enjoy a movie review without one child trying to draw parallels with a show that has ended since

Pikin wey till supposes dey go lesson

If eren was human, you for don turn gay since

I know you'll cry under this post again

My bucket is empty, you hear and I hear that tears of pained folks make for good skin care grin grin grin grin

Ode

Again, you missed the point of my post on the parallels between both characters...

The main reason is because you never understood Attack on Titan and also sure enough you never understood DUNE.

Anyone who has seen both media and understands them will understand my post.

You clearly don't.

In both cases, it is not the writer's fault that you lack media literacy. It is you who needs to work on yourself...

Or maybe stick to your Nollywood home videos since any media that has depth that requires anything higher than your 5 IQ becomes "overrated" to you.

Someday...when you can actually understand media (if that day ever comes), perhaps you should try rewatching both Attack on Titan and Dune and see for yourself why people highly rate the works...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by phr0nesis(m): 10:32pm On Apr 07
abduleez1:

Omo, you for talk this thing since. I just start to dey download few minutes ago. 😭😩
Your 2.7gb no go waste😝😝
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07
NeoWanZaeed:
Understanding this dune plot and hard road he's to take.

If I'm to re watch AOT.. I'll just be breaking down in tears lol.. coz I'll understand eren choices and burden well well lol

From what I can tell, Paul Atreides is on his way to becoming a Tyrant...he will rule with blood and terror despite being proclaimed as the "Messiah" or "Savior"

If I find a quality video that explains both Eren and Paul Atreides and their parallels, I'll post it

This below is the closest I found...but it didn't really go into Eren's character unfortunately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ues4aA_n6gA?si=rGNSfk1xQonqDlZZ

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:48pm On Apr 07
Baddestguyp:

If I find a quality video that explains both Eren and Paul Atreides and their parallels, I'll post it

This below is the closest I found...but it didn't really go into Eren's character unfortunately...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ues4aA_n6gA?si=rGNSfk1xQonqDlZZ

This here goes into his character...
But it's pretty long...but if you can watch the first maybe 15 minutes...it does a good job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6GmVCD7cxk?si=WBdXZO5QGq1rtF2w

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mablie(m): 9:46am On Apr 08
Baddestguyp:

Again, you missed the point of my post on the parallels between both characters...

The main reason is because you never understood Attack on Titan and also sure enough you never understood DUNE.

Anyone who has seen both media and understands them will understand my post.

You clearly don't.

In both cases, it is not the writer's fault that you lack media literacy. It is you who needs to work on yourself...

Or maybe stick to your Nollywood home videos since any media that has depth that requires anything higher than your 5 IQ becomes "overrated" to you.

Someday...when you can actually understand media (if that day ever comes), perhaps you should try rewatching both Attack on Titan and Dune and see for yourself why people highly rate the works...

Thank you
Baba,you really have to calm down.
Even the oyibos many of you worship on this thread did not understand both films.
It does not take a genius to realize many parts of the book especially in Dune 2 were left out of the film.
Where and who are the other Great Houses?
What did the other Great houses think of the annihilation of the Atreides?
Why did the film never explain how tears can bring a person back to life until it happened?
How influential are the Ben Gesserit? and if they are widely believed by the houses to be so manipulative?Why do the houses still associate with them?
I have many other questions but I do not want to be a bore.
Both films may have amazing cinematography and musical scores but both films (including the characters) felt flat,cold,rushed and sterile to me.

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:06am On Apr 08
mablie:

Even the oyibos many of you worship on this thread did not understand both films.
It does not take a genius to realize many parts of the book especially in Dune 2 were left out of the film.
Why did the film never explain how tears can bring a person back to life until it happened?
How influential are the Ben Gesserit? and if they are widely believed by the houses to be so manipulative?Why do the houses still associate with them?
Both films may have amazing cinematography and musical scores but both films (including the characters) felt flat,cold,rushed and sterile to me.

I and several others on this thread have outlined many questions and many things which the movies seem to have cut from the source material...

Yet the movie is still good...

The fact is that the dude I quoted does not understand any good media...
He never has...

Dune is not the first movie/series he has not understood...
We know him well on this thread
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 10:51am On Apr 08
There is one weird take I've seen in several movie/series discourse...
And it's becoming rampant here also...

Some people have this notion that because they do not understand a movie/series, it automatically does not make sense or it is overrated...

SOME PEOPLE HERE EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO ACCUSE OTHERS OF "PRETENDING TO UNDERSTAND" A MOVIE/SERIES

Here is my response to that:

If you do not understand a movie/series and others understand it, the problem is from you, not the series and not those who understand it...

Do not blame a work of media just because you fail to understand it when others do...and others appreciate it...

Maybe it comes from the self-esteem issue of feeling like your media literacy must be above or be on par with everyone else...

We are seeing it on this thread with DUNE where those who don't understand the movies accuse others who understand it of pretending...

The same thing happened with Jujutsu Kaisen S2 when some people claimed it made no sense simply because they didn't understand it.
Same thing happened with Attack on Titan.

If you don't understand something and someone else understands it...it makes sense...the problem is from you...
The problem is not from the movie/series or from the person who understands it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mablie(m): 11:20am On Apr 08
Baddestguyp:
There is one weird take I've seen in several movie/series discourse...
And it's becoming rampant here also...

Some people have this notion that because they do not understand a movie/series, it automatically does not make sense or it is overrated...

SOME PEOPLE HERE EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO ACCUSE OTHERS OF "PRETENDING TO UNDERSTAND" A MOVIE/SERIES

Here is my response to that:

If you do not understand a movie/series and others understand it, the problem is from you, not the series and not those who understand it...

Do not blame a work of media just because you fail to understand it when others do...and others appreciate it...

Maybe it comes from the self-esteem issue of feeling like your media literacy must be above or be on par with everyone else...

We are seeing it on this thread with DUNE where those who don't understand the movies accuse others who understand it of pretending...

The same thing happened with Jujutsu Kaisen S2 when some people claimed it made no sense simply because they didn't understand it.
Same thing happened with Attack on Titan.

If you don't understand something and someone else understands it...it makes sense...the problem is from you...
The problem is not from the movie/series or from the person who understands it.

This post of yours easily goes both ways.
I have also seen on this thread where a person/s will have valid criticisms/complaints about a film and others will "shout down" that person for being unintelligent.
A perfect example is two pages back where a monicker ridiculed those who do not like/understand Dune 1 & 2 as "marvel moviegoers" as if he/she would not desire to view new marvel film releases and as if the film makers of Dune 1 & 2 do not desire marvel film viewing audiences.
There should be less name-calling & more respecting of others opinions about the various forms of media we consume.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:56am On Apr 08
mablie:

Definitely, you never saw part 1 or probably didn't understand what's going on in 1 and mostly 2
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:10pm On Apr 08
mablie:

This post of yours easily goes both ways.
I have also seen on this thread where a person/s will have valid criticisms/complaints about a film and others will "shout down" that person for being unintelligent.
A perfect example is two pages back where a monicker ridiculed those who do not like/understand Dune 1 & 2 as "marvel moviegoers" as if he/she would not desire to view new marvel film releases and as if the film makers of Dune 1 & 2 do not desire marvel film viewing audiences.
There should be less name-calling & more respecting of others opinions about the various forms of media we consume.

I think at the end of the day, what we all want is good discourse...

If you don't like or understand a show...why not ask those who like it what they like about it?

Same way that those who bring up valid criticisms should not be shut down but rather you can respond to their criticism

The two people I attacked in the past 2 days were well known for their antics...rather than lay out valid criticism, theyll prefer to call the movie/show bad and give no reasonable or valid criticism to it...

blueelf and writerNG

You can check the entire thread since inception...these two have never made any sensible criticism to any show or movie...

The only viable reason is because they just don't understand the shows/movies so they attack the show and those who like it...

For months, I've been asking blueelf why he thinks Attack on Titan is trash or overrated...till now and to the end of time he has never replied and will never reply...

The necessary answer is that he just doesn't understand it...same way he doesn't understand Dune and he can't bring up any valid criticism of it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 1:22pm On Apr 08
Baddestguyp:

I think at the end of the day, what we all want is good discourse...

If you don't like or understand a show...why not ask those who like it what they like about it?

Same way that those who bring up valid criticisms should not be shut down but rather you can respond to their criticism

The two people I attacked in the past 2 days were well known for their antics...rather than lay out valid criticism, theyll prefer to call the movie/show bad and give no reasonable or valid criticism to it...

blueelf and writerNG

You can check the entire thread since inception...these two have never made any sensible criticism to any show or movie...

The only viable reason is because they just don't understand the shows/movies so they attack the show and those who like it...

For months, I've been asking blueelf why he thinks Attack on Titan is trash or overrated...till now and to the end of time he has never replied and will never reply...

The necessary answer is that he just doesn't understand it...same way he doesn't understand Dune and he can't bring up any valid criticism of it

LOll, the thing pain you enter your marrow sha

AOT is trash, just like Dune

pele, you'll heal in due time
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 1:44pm On Apr 08
blingxx:
DUNE PART TWO...a solid 10/10

If you didn't download this in 1080p or 720p you are missing out, many things dey I fit talk on this movie grin

1. I like relationship btw emperor shaddam and his daughter a father that listen to his daughter who is a bene gesserit , who else notice that bene gesserit actually controls all the great houses the root of this witches is very deep undecided

2. Stilgar and gurney loyalty to Paul can't be questioned, this guys both believes he's the messiah even before Paul took control cheesy

3. Lady Jessica talking to her unborn child, also overthrowing the sisterhood, what space cocaine cannot do does not exist grin

I read somewhere that Paul Atredis is actually the villian of this story. how true is this?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:57pm On Apr 08
phr0nesis:

Mehn
The way vampire movies just de flop recently, fear no allow Zaslav release am. I just hope they stick with the current expected release date.

SALEM'S LOT already has a Max release slot sometime this year.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 2:58pm On Apr 08
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 3:42pm On Apr 08
Nova15:

I read somewhere that Paul Atredis is actually the villian of this story. how true is this?

Nobody really knows o..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:51pm On Apr 08
πŸŽ₯ Baghead (2023) = 5/10 βœ”οΈ

Regular horror movie. Gave me a good scare tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3814) (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.