Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (3818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3756072 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) (3821) ... (3835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by WriterNig: 4:53pm On Apr 08
🎥 True Detective S01-04 (2014 - 24) = 7/10 ✔️ ❤️

Some seasons were great, some were not. Wokeness ruined it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamoyindamola(m): 5:32pm On Apr 08
Blueelf:

LOll, the thing pain you enter your marrow sha

AOT is trash, just like Dune

pele, you'll heal in due time
Alaye drop epistle on top movie🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Blueelf: 6:09pm On Apr 08
iamoyindamola:

Alaye drop epistle on top movie🤣🤣🤣

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Silentgroper(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08
abduleez1:

Boss na work oo and life. I mostly watch TV shows these days cos I have more time with the world, lore, characters and development. Movies are too short and their 2hrs runtime I see dey fear me. But I'll happily spend more than that time on a TV series. 😩

I download movies every week tho alongside series. It's just that I don't see them. I just curate them in to watch list.

Just finished watching my second movie since mid February, POOR THINGS yesterday night.
me and you are alike .. I hate it when a very good movie finishes.. I"d rather prefer it in series .. Atleast that way, I know there's a. Season 2 coming out sooner or later..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 7:23pm On Apr 08
This guy go drop about 10 HD pictures for series thread, I go enter movie thread jam the same pictures again 🤣

9 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:52pm On Apr 08
Silentgroper:
me and you are alike .. I hate it when a very good movie finishes.. I"d rather prefer it in series .. Atleast that way, I know there's a. Season 2 coming out sooner or later..

You get........ 😀
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Westman001: 11:24pm On Apr 08
Dune - 9.5/10

The 0.5 being that it was rushed.

Dave Batista character was just there for comics in this part 2. Most of his scenes are just funny 🤣

Actor: My Lord I'd suggest you go get some rest.

Dave: (out of frustration) smashed the Actor's head while shouting - Kill the hairy rats. Kill them all. 🤣

(You dey tell man wey dey highly frustrated to go find somewhere rest, na you call for death cheesy)

The frustrated man eventually japa when he sees death 🤣
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jikins(m): 3:28am On Apr 09
mablie:

This post of yours easily goes both ways.
I have also seen on this thread where a person/s will have valid criticisms/complaints about a film and others will "shout down" that person for being unintelligent.
A perfect example is two pages back where a monicker ridiculed those who do not like/understand Dune 1 & 2 as "marvel moviegoers" as if he/she would not desire to view new marvel film releases and as if the film makers of Dune 1 & 2 do not desire marvel film viewing audiences.
There should be less name-calling & more respecting of others opinions about the various forms of media we consume.

Lol very true, one even went as afar as insulting his entire countrymen because of a movie that clearly several Nigerians here did enjoy. He thinks himself the Mozart of movies grin grin

Sometimes I wonder if these people have anything else going for them IRL that you get so triggered because someone didn't appreciate a movie you like. It baffles me. I enjoyed Dune but I am so unbothered if some random dude online thinks its shit. Some people here feel insulted hearing that and have to insult and belittle the person or in some people's cases their entire nationality just to feel better about themselves.

I mean its just a movie, not a yardstick of whose the brightest. We should all learn to disagree without insulting or belittling others.

11 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 6:38am On Apr 09
jikins:

Lol very true, one even went as afar as insulting his entire countrymen because of a movie that clearly several Nigerians here did enjoy. He thinks himself the Mozart of movies grin grin

Sometimes I wonder if these people have anything else going for them IRL that you get so triggered because someone didn't appreciate a movie you like. It baffles me. I enjoyed Dune but I am so unbothered if some random dude online thinks its shit. Some people here feel insulted hearing that and have to insult and belittle the person or in some people's cases their entire nationality just to feel better about themselves.

I mean its just a movie, not a yardstick of whose the brightest. We should all learn to disagree without insulting or belittling others.
It's mostly down to a lack of self-awareness and a bit of narcissism.
When the same people see a movie they don't like being praised, they still insult and belittle the people who like said movie.
Apparently, they feel they're the custodians of quality fiction or something

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 7:24am On Apr 09
Kaycee7:
When the same people see a movie they don't like being praised, they still insult and belittle the people who like said movie.
“custodians of quality fiction" grin too funny

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Broskyjames: 8:27am On Apr 09
Kaycee7:
"Enhanced media literacy" elitist group, Ikorodu branch..if you will...😩

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 8:36am On Apr 09
Nova15:

I read somewhere that Paul Atredis is actually the villian of this story. how true is this?

Yes.. Somehow Paul will be responsible for death of billions of people due to the way rule.. He already said it himself and saw his own future
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blingxx(m): 8:46am On Apr 09
Baddestguyp:

He literally stated that they have enemies surrounding them and all their paths lead to defeat...

Except one slim path he must follow...

And recall his previous visions showed that if he goes South, his actions will cause the holy war that will bring about suffering to the world...

That is the single narrow path he has taken...

The moment you realize there is no difference between this characters

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TopeQs: 9:48am On Apr 09
Westman001:
Dune - 9.5/10

The 0.5 being that it was rushed.

Dave Batista character was just there for comics in this part 2. Most of his scenes are just funny 🤣

Actor: My Lord I'd suggest you go get some rest.

Dave: (out of frustration) smashed the Actor's head while shouting - Kill the hairy rats. Kill them all. 🤣

(You dey tell man wey dey highly frustrated to go find somewhere rest, na you call for death cheesy)

The frustrated man eventually japa when he sees death 🤣

You feel the movie was RUSHED?? At 2 hours 44 minutes? I'm a bit surprised by that.

It was slow paced to me.

The movie is a solid 10 for me.

Those who said they don't understand it probably aren't too interesting in the genre because the movie literally explained itself through visions and mentions of the previous part.

You can even enjoy this part without seeing the first one since many characters in this part weren't even in the first.

Anyways, to each its own.

I enjoy the movie solid.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TopeQs: 9:49am On Apr 09
Kaycee7:

The more I read some of your comments, the more your signature makes more sense to me.

Nicely said. 😊

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:06am On Apr 09
blingxx:

Yes.. Somehow Paul will be responsible for death of billions of people due to the way rule.. He already said it himself and saw his own future

How's that his fault?

He can't let emperor leave or live without emperor submitting to him.

The great houses renounce him and will wage war against him.. he's to just be looking at them abi

Sisters benejesaries have been orchestrating nonsense and he's willing to put a stop to it.. And he's to be looking till they kill him abi

He's not a villain! he's surrounded by enemies and he's fighting back! Simple.

Him eliminating spice is what will bring hunger and bring greens to the deserts
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:07am On Apr 09
blingxx:

Anakin has choice.. He decided to yield to his fear.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 10:22am On Apr 09
Who exactly did they have in mind while making this movie? This flop too sweet me. Ídiots

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:13am On Apr 09
blingxx:

I wouldn't call them the same, but there are a lot of thematic similarities between both characters...

But weirdly enough, even though Isayama has named many works that inspired him to write Attack on Titan, he has never mentioned Dune.

Who knows if Dune's popularity even made it to Japan. It's likely he had never even heard of it...
Especially since he named Game of Thrones but not Dune
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 11:19am On Apr 09
TopeQs:

You feel the movie was RUSHED?? At 2 hours 44 minutes? I'm a bit surprised by that.

It was slow paced to me.

Those who said they don't understand it probably aren't too interesting in the genre because the movie literally explained itself through visions and mentions of the previous part.

You can even enjoy this part without seeing the first one since many characters in this part weren't even in the first.

I enjoy the movie solid.

I think the Midway point of the movie was extremely rushed. It felt that way to me...and I said it in my review too...

We barely see enough exploits of Paul before his name spread far and wide and was causing fear in the North.

Baptista's scenes felt like weird comedy that didn't fit the tone of the movie.

What did the new guy Feyd-Rautha do that's so special? How did he even track down the Fremen's Northern base that he attacked it easily?

The Fremen are known to be able to hide so well that they're almost impossible to find...yet this guy found it in seconds and bombed it

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:50am On Apr 09
Baddestguyp:

I think the Midway point of the movie was extremely rushed. It felt that way to me...and I said it in my review too...

We barely see enough exploits of Paul before his name spread far and wide and was causing fear in the North.

Baptista's scenes felt like weird comedy that didn't fit the tone of the movie.

What did the new guy Feyd-Rautha do that's so special? How did he even track down the Fremen's Northern base that he attacked it easily?

The Fremen are known to be able to hide so well that they're almost impossible to find...yet this guy found it in seconds and bombed it

Batista is looking for Paul.
Feyd is waging war against all freemen.

That's them difference.

Batista knew their hide out but his mission is Paul not fremen.

Feyd is psychotic.. So ..orders mean nothing to him.

The movie wasn't rushed at all
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 12:06pm On Apr 09
blingxx:

What's the role of his sister in this?
The unborn talking baby.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nahr(f): 2:41pm On Apr 09
Finally saw "The zone of interest". A24 movies are like the best. 8/10 for me.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 4:48pm On Apr 09
Nova15:

What's the role of his sister in this?
The unborn talking baby.

She's a benejesari also. Probably she'll make path to ending the benejasari
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by emojay(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09
Silentgroper:
Wow! I don't have the patience to watch a series season after season. I tried to watch a few but always get tired at some point. Maybe that might change but I prefer movies for now.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 100naira(m): 6:13pm On Apr 09
Code 8 part 1

5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Chibudollar: 7:31pm On Apr 09
Anytime I remember the age of Samuel L. Jackson I get sad. One of my favorites.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheHulk616: 8:15pm On Apr 09
abduleez1:
Anyone knows what's happened to Pu7pl3... Man has been absent for a while now. For like 3 months or so Baba never show up.

Hope all is well with him?? 🙏🏽
where is Pu7pl3?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:39pm On Apr 09
TopeQs:

It was slow paced to me.

I enjoy the movie solid.

Very solid movie. Omo. I'm breathless. I can only imagine what this would have looked like on cinema screen. ( once a brethren Corp always a brethren corp).
Wow. This was intense. I usually rate movie on entertainment and rewatch value and this has both filled to the brim.

I'm going to find time again to see dune 1 and 2 back to back.

Wow wow. Excellent 10/10.

This scene I rewatched over and over and over.

And stilgar any small thing Lisan Al gahib. Lol.

This movie shows what faith and prophecy really means to those involved. When he said

" your mother's warned tou about my coming , fear the moment " I felt that deep. Generations have waited and most have lost faith but the moment has arrived this is it. What you've been waiting for. That was deeeeeeeep!!!!!!

Excellent and thumbs up. Rewatchable

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Baddestguyp(m): 2:30am On Apr 10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 2:44am On Apr 10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 3:31am On Apr 10
abduleez1:
The Menu.....7/10

Nice movie with a satirical look on the elite and their lifestyles.
Shoulda watched earlier.

Can't believe this is the first movie I'm watching since February. cry
Can't remember when last I watched a movie. Too distracted

(1) (2) (3) ... (3815) (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) (3821) ... (3835) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Gidah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.