Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3743963 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mamazeus(f): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
MM Reviews: Sunday Evenings, Post Heartbreak And Two Tickets To See “Getting Over Him” Directed By Desmond Elliot

Genre: Romantic Comedy
Sunday’s movie date to see Uduak Isong produced and Desmond Elliot directed movie, Getting Over Him was a little laced with excitement. The winner of my Mamazeus Movie Freak competition was my movie buddy and we had a bunch of laughs that gave me the right vibe to write this week’s review. CHECK OUT pictures from our evening out.

Verdict
8/10

I loved this movie for a couple of reasons ranging from the fact that the story was very relatable. If you have been heart broken, you would definitely see through the vulnerable, defensive and aggressive lens of the major character, Mimi.

If you have had the misfortune of getting heart broken by the proverbial ‘Yoruba Demons’, laughing and hurting simultaneously through the antics of Kenny won’t be far fetched. If you are a per time (hormonal induced) pervert like myself, you might end up licking the screens when Thomas displays his taunt behind and well toned body. I am trying to say that the movie suits everyone but kids.

Synopsis
Mimi finds out her boyfriend has been two timing and she may have been the side chic. Heartbroken she finds solace in a blog that takes her on a step by step guide to finding love again. GETTING OVER HIM stars Majid Michel, Deyemi Okanlawon, Matilda Obaseki, Bimbo Ademoye, Olive Emodi. Produced by Uduak Oguamanam and directed by Desmond Elliott.

I think the above would suffice. There really isn’t much to this comedy that we haven’t pointed out. Maybe for the part where Mimi discovers that Thomas has been the heartbreak blogger whom she had so freely opened her heart to after her bitter breakup with Kenny. The movie is pretty straight forward and a good way to laugh.

Review
I must commend the plot progression as well as the nice twist and how it played out quite nicely- Mimi discovers that Kenny has been cheating through his side chic,they agree to play him his game and finally how Mimi learns to love again in the arms of Thomas.

What better way to get over a heartbreak than getting hitched to a stunningly rich guy who sharpely moves you from prepaid to postpaid?

I also like how the nemesis is introduced. I would have imagined that Kenny (Deyemi Okanlawon) would be out of the picture but I admire how we are informed that he loses a vital document required for a business deal in the breakup drama.

I think this is the movie if you are looking to catch up on an uncomplicated Nollywood comedy with a STORY LINE. None of the cardinal points go overboard except that it left me with an unshakable sexual tension that I have been looking to the heavens to take away. Ultimately, you should see this movie. My Igbo mind is saying maybe not at the cost of N2500 but who cares?

My two points is not me being stingy but me calling out Silverbird SEC cinemas for their poor services. The lighting in the cinema hall was nothing to write home about. It made the movie look like they had used a backyard camera and don’t get me started on the sound. Too loud at a point then too low. Whoever was behind the curtains needs to settle scores with me! Then the chairs? Very uncomfortable. Silverbird cinemas should get a revamp and quick!

http://mamazeus.com.ng/2018/01/29/mm-reviews-getting-directed-desmond-elliot/

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mamazeus(f): 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2018
mamazeus:
Do stick around for my weekly Nollywood movie reviews
MM Reviews: Sunday Evenings, Post Heartbreak And Two Tickets To See “Getting Over Him” Directed By Desmond Elliot

Genre: Romantic Comedy
Sunday’s movie date to see Uduak Isong produced and Desmond Elliot directed movie, Getting Over Him was a little laced with excitement. The winner of my Mamazeus Movie Freak competition was my movie buddy and we had a bunch of laughs that gave me the right vibe to write this week’s review. CHECK OUT pictures from our evening out.

Verdict
8/10

I loved this movie for a couple of reasons ranging from the fact that the story was very relatable. If you have been heart broken, you would definitely see through the vulnerable, defensive and aggressive lens of the major character, Mimi.

If you have had the misfortune of getting heart broken by the proverbial ‘Yoruba Demons’, laughing and hurting simultaneously through the antics of Kenny won’t be far fetched. If you are a per time (hormonal induced) pervert like myself, you might end up licking the screens when Thomas displays his taunt behind and well toned body. I am trying to say that the movie suits everyone but kids.

Synopsis
Mimi finds out her boyfriend has been two timing and she may have been the side chic. Heartbroken she finds solace in a blog that takes her on a step by step guide to finding love again. GETTING OVER HIM stars Majid Michel, Deyemi Okanlawon, Matilda Obaseki, Bimbo Ademoye, Olive Emodi. Produced by Uduak Oguamanam and directed by Desmond Elliott.

I think the above would suffice. There really isn’t much to this comedy that we haven’t pointed out. Maybe for the part where Mimi discovers that Thomas has been the heartbreak blogger whom she had so freely opened her heart to after her bitter breakup with Kenny. The movie is pretty straight forward and a good way to laugh.

Review
I must commend the plot progression as well as the nice twist and how it played out quite nicely- Mimi discovers that Kenny has been cheating through his side chic,they agree to play him his game and finally how Mimi learns to love again in the arms of Thomas.

What better way to get over a heartbreak than getting hitched to a stunningly rich guy who sharpely moves you from prepaid to postpaid?

I also like how the nemesis is introduced. I would have imagined that Kenny (Deyemi Okanlawon) would be out of the picture but I admire how we are informed that he loses a vital document required for a business deal in the breakup drama.

I think this is the movie if you are looking to catch up on an uncomplicated Nollywood comedy with a STORY LINE. None of the cardinal points go overboard except that it left me with an unshakable sexual tension that I have been looking to the heavens to take away. Ultimately, you should see this movie. My Igbo mind is saying maybe not at the cost of N2500 but who cares?

My two points is not me being stingy but me calling out Silverbird SEC cinemas for their poor services. The lighting in the cinema hall was nothing to write home about. It made the movie look like they had used a backyard camera and don’t get me started on the sound. Too loud at a point then too low. Whoever was behind the curtains needs to settle scores with me! Then the chairs? Very uncomfortable. Silverbird cinemas should get a revamp and quick!

http://mamazeus.com.ng/2018/01/29/mm-reviews-getting-directed-desmond-elliot/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
oyetpel:
Murder on the Orient Express.

They all knew themselves all along, just to kill a man....

then... the honorable detective lied and compromise, such is life.

The scale of justice can never be balanced.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
MJBOLT:
spectral 10/10
Wolf warrior 2
insidious 3

Spectral na old film now. but it's good
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by introvertme: 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
inherent vice
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2018
pixels 7/10

Underdogs 7.5/10..if u re a football fan, & u re into animated comedy, then this movie is for u.

Stocks 5/10

Brave 6.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 8:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ishilove:

You have a download link?

its on fz and tpdfl

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
Abeg person recommend better movie to watch ohsad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2018
Bright

5/10 and I am being kind.

The only thing positive I can take away from this trash is the dope soundtrack "Home" by Machine Gun Kelly ft Bebe Rexha.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
armadeo:

its on fz and tpdfl
Tenks hon
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dahaz(m): 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2018
The saint...6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SomeoneNice: 12:03am On Feb 01, 2018
Pls stand by,,,, anoda brilliant movie..... So enjoyed watching d movie..
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 12:16am On Feb 01, 2018
koice:
Bright

5/10 and I am being kind.

The only thing positive I can take away from this trash is the dope soundtrack "Home" by Machine Gun Kelly ft Bebe Rexha.

The song was fire. Listened to it after watching Bright. Döpe song.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 4:37am On Feb 01, 2018
Renegades 7 /10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 5:46am On Feb 01, 2018
Beorn:
Murder on the Orient Express. 6/10

I just love the way the names was pronounced - Hercule Poirot, Pilar Estravados and Monsieur Bouc . grin grin
Funny movie that - Hercule (silent s) Poirot. cheesy . I was expecting some sort of anticlimax but pfff...

I'd say yeah. 5.5/10. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by KangaIye: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2018
SAMBHOSS:
COCO

I love the movie, I will be watching it for the second time today.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by voiceofthetruth: 9:13am On Feb 01, 2018
SomeoneNice:
Thor 7.5/10
Proud Mary,, wetin na- only "Cookie" beat up all d security guards;; shuuu!... Well, 6.5/10
Jumanji, nice role by Hart and Baywatch nigga.. 8/10
Act of violence, 7/10 nice one to stop human trafficking Nd drug lord.
Star wars; d last Jedi gat me laffin hard 7/10.
Pitch Perfect 3, true meaning of friends in d last scene (last performance). 8/10..

Next The Commuters, Boone :the bounty hunters, Mom and dad, The Open house and Almost Friends............ Airtel 25/500mb (night plan is a Bae)

Please where do you download from? Can't find all these movies everywhere I searched
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by randomShek: 10:50am On Feb 01, 2018
Unfriended 7/10

The ghost of a girl comes alive to hunt her "friends". Nice perspective sha since the whole plot was about social media, how rumors spread and how your friends aren't really friends..

A lil bit disturbing sha undecided
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
Murder on the Orient Express - 7/10 cool movie
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by SomeoneNice: 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
voiceofthetruth:

Please where do you download from? Can't find all these movies everywhere I searched

I use www.mp4mania.mobi
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
atomic blonde 8/10

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MaestroZeus(m): 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
FBS:

Have you seen Last flag? You will love it.
thanks gaaan
on ma way to download it
will mention u wen i finish dis for another
humorous films ni oo
av u watched About last night (Kevin Hart) romance comedy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
SomeoneNice:

I use www.mp4mania.mobi

I couldn't find the Underdogs you specifically described on that site or any site for that matter; the Underdogs found in many sites is the non-animated one which I've seen before.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2018
Guardians of the Galaxy -9/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by neodicosta: 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
to watch online..... https:///9Dc4z4

Winchester2018 Full Movie HD
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by neodicosta: 9:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
HERE............https:///EurAhK

Leaked!!! Watch Winchester Movie Online[Free]
Leaked!!! Watch Winchester Movie Online[Free]
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by neodicosta: 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
HERE...........https:///3R9nc7

Watch!!@Wnchester [2018] Movie Online [Free] Full-hd
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
Aspiregreat:
Guardians of the Galaxy -9/10

Say what?!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Feldie and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.