Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3743858 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (3833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jmanity: 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2018
Viking007:
All The Money In The World - 9/10

If you can count your money, then you are not a billionaire. smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Jinyjagz(m): 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2018
guys
link for black panther plz
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by introvertme: 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
oyetpel:
Is it only me that didn't find Baby Driver and The hitman bodyguard extra thrilling?

I can't bring myself to watch this 2 movies again.

You're not the only one grin

The movie was just so dumb,it was cheap 'reservoir dogs' reap off
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by DAvIt0(m): 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2018
Ishilove:

It is very obvious.

I think we all had crushes on our teachers at one point in time or the other. I had a crush on my tall, chocolate skinned and gorgeous hunk of an Accounting teacher in SS2, and because of him endured one session of Accounts. However, the crush could not withstand the power of my hatred of all things mathematics, and so, in SS3 I quietly borrowed myself brain and dropped accounts. I cannor go and be scoring F9 in WAEC because of man. grin

Haha... True sha, but not to the extent of applying for another session lol (in sec. school for that matter)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2018
Tango one 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stacyadams: 1:50am On Mar 31, 2018
DonPiiko:
Tango one 8/10
nice movie ..I catch u here

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stacyadams: 1:52am On Mar 31, 2018
Try dis Naija movie Sugar boy...u will take ur health a bit more serious ..just try watch am pls
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by funland: 7:13am On Mar 31, 2018
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 31, 2018

The Titan

Okay. I'm not gonna beat about the bush. I'm just gonna come out and say this. I'm a huge fan of sci-fi, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. The entire premise made no sense to me. Then, the plot... Jesus. There is no twist, there is no story, but an entirety of 90 minutes wasted in humdrum montage. The only things the movie had going for it is the acting and visuals. Is is worth a one time watch? Maybe. Is it a smart sci-fi? Absolutely not. Mediocre.

Premise 4/10
Plot 4/10
Dialogue 4/10
Acting 8/10
Visuals 8/10
Writing 5/10

Ratings: 5.5/10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:01am On Mar 31, 2018
oyetpel:
Is it only me that didn't find Baby Driver and The hitman bodyguard extra thrilling?

Are you for real?.... Hitmans Bodyguard boring?.….. I've watched that movie like 5 times, and anytime I watch it, i always feel like I haven't seen it before, I just can't get enough of it, its really fun, Samuel l Jackson finished work on that movie, guy I'm so surprised at your comments. That movie is so exciting, its money worth.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:32am On Mar 31, 2018
CsRockefeller:

Are you for real?.... Hitmans Bodyguard boring?.….. I've watched that movie like 5 times, and anytime I watch it, i always feel like I haven't seen it before, I just can't get enough of it, its really fun, Samuel l Jackson finished work on that movie, guy I'm so surprised at your comments. That movie is so exciting, its money worth.

I didn't say boring, check my comment again.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Meklex(m): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
koice:

People are often wrong on this, but been a movie critic doesn't necessarily translate to negatively critiquing movies. Not at all. It's basically the act of evaluating a flick in a detailed way, both positives and negatives.

I haven't seen Hangman yet, but I understand where you're coming from apropos of Annihilation. Personally, I think it's a good sci-fi flick with thought-provoking concepts, striking visuals, and some good lead performances that was ultimately, marred by illogical turns of the plot. There are several plotholes

- It's is ridiculous that no expedition could have returned from the shimmer. Isn't it smarter to send a probe first, y'know, something or people to scout out the edges and report back? Even with the memory lapses, that would have been completely doable.
- Wouldn't it have been more logical to send people that are extensively trained and mentally prepared since they are aware of the possible psychological effect of the shimmer? Sending in those untrained women into an unknown is a terrible writing.
- Why not stick in a camera on a long pole and poke it through the shimmer assuming that the probe didn't work? Just stick it in as long as it can go and then pull it back. It's that simple.
- Then the white elephant in the room no one seem to be talking about? Why didn't they attempt to return the memory card and evidence from the past expedition. The best way to understand the shimmer to is gather as much information as possible, right? So why press on, when the most logical thing to have done should be to go back with the evidence, analyse the data, and decide the best possible way to tackle the shimmer.

The movie is a hot mess, overall. I liked it though.
... And when she gave her mirror image the hand grenade why didn't it follow her?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
Meklex:
... And when she gave her mirror image the hand grenade why didn't it follow her?
Good one. The alien basically mimicked her every move, but conveniently forgot to mimic giving the grenade back, or like you pointed out, follow her? Obviously, consistency isn't one the movie's strongest columns. The whole plot is ridiculous.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 9jahotvibes(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
Cossy Ojiakor Says She Dislikes Apostle Suleman, Daniella Okeke & Iyabo Ojo

Endowed Cossy Ojiakor seems to be calling out “prominent” people on Her Instagram, and she’s

Open the link below to read more

https://9jahotvybes.com/2018/03/31/cossy-ojiakor-says-dislikes-apostle-suleman-daniella-okeke-iyabo-ojo/

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2018
Big Sick 8.5/10
Just The Way You Are (Filipino movie) 4/10
The Star 5/10
Annihilation 6/10
Eye In The Sky 8/10
Maze Runner 7.5/10
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 7.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2018
koice:

I haven't seen Hangman yet, but I understand where you're coming from apropos of Annihilation. Personally, I think it's a good sci-fi flick with thought-provoking concepts, striking visuals, and some good lead performances that was ultimately, marred by illogical turns of the plot. There are several plotholes

- It's is ridiculous that no expedition could have returned from the shimmer. Isn't it smarter to send a probe first, y'know, something or people to scout out the edges and report back? Even with the memory lapses, that would have been completely doable.
- Wouldn't it have been more logical to send people that are extensively trained and mentally prepared since they are aware of the possible psychological effect of the shimmer? Sending in those untrained women into an unknown is a terrible writing.
They have sent 4 teams in 3 years. None has ever made it back. Once they entered the shimmer, they suffered memory lapses and became disoriented so scouring the edges was out of the question.

- Why not stick in a camera on a long pole and poke it through the shimmer assuming that the probe didn't work? Just stick it in as long as it can go and then pull it back. It's that simple.
Explained

- Then the white elephant in the room no one seem to be talking about? Why didn't they attempt to return the memory card and evidence from the past expedition. The best way to understand the shimmer to is gather as much information as possible, right? So why press on, when the most logical thing to have done should be to go back with the evidence, analyse the data, and decide the best possible way to tackle the shimmer.
Kane's team left the memory card behind in case they didn't make it back. Remember that they had already guessed that the shimmer was rearranging their DNA so death was a very strong possibility. Also don't forget that the camera that was used to video Kane's team at the Base was the same used at the Lighthouse, meaning there is a strong possibility that they had a backup.

The movie is a hot mess, overall. I liked it though.
I strongly disagree. The movie is very solidly woven and enjoyable. My only grouse is they didn't take some muscle to go with the women. Trained commandos or something. However, even Ventress admitted that it was a 'suicide mission' so maybe she didn't want to risk any more lives than necessary. Remember she told Lena that Kane was on 'self destruct mode' (paraphrasing)

I give the movie 7.5

Now you've made me give spoilers grin grin angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
koice:

Good one. The alien basically mimicked her every move, but conveniently forgot to mimic giving the grenade back, or like you pointed out, follow her? Obviously, consistency isn't one the movie's strongest columns. The whole plot is ridiculous.
The alien, at the point when the grenade was handed to it had become not just a mirror image, but a separate entity that could be given orders. Remember Kane's mirror image behind the camera? Kane instructed it to 'find Lena'. If all it could do was mimic, then it would have mimicked Kane's final moments, not just stand and watch as he 'self destructed'

Lena was fortunate that the mirror's transformation was complete at the very moment she gave it the grenade. Which is why it just stood and watched Lena run away.

I still maintain that the plot is very heavy and tight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 31, 2018
Ishilove:

The alien, at the point when the grenade was handed to it had become not just a mirror image, but a separate entity that could be given orders. Remember Kane's mirror image behind the camera? Kane instructed it to 'find Lena'. If all it could do was mimic, then it would have mimicked Kane's final moments, not just stand and watch as he 'self destructed'

Lena was fortunate that the mirror's transformation was complete at the very moment she gave it the grenade. Which is why it just stood and watched Lena run away.

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Ishilove you dey watch movie ooo... I comot cap for you

☣ ☠

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 2:21am On Apr 01, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Ishilove you dey watch movie ooo... I comot cap for you

☣ ☠
grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 3:28am On Apr 01, 2018
Funjosh:

The speed at which the fire was moving I was shocked, Francis ought to have been the first to die he will forever be haunted by the death of his colleagues. cry

Such a lucky chap! however, he contemplated suicide at the later end.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Aspiregreat: 3:30am On Apr 01, 2018
Game over man 9.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:54am On Apr 01, 2018
oyetpel:

I didn't say boring, check my comment again.

Ok, well you said not thrilling, which could also mean boring.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:06am On Apr 01, 2018
CsRockefeller:

Ok, well you said not thrilling, which could also mean boring.
Haha, who are you?
I wrote extra thrilling.
Guy, i beg. what naw!
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2018
oyetpel:

Haha, who are you?

I wrote extra thrilling.

Guy, i beg. what naw!

Men!! I've read it over and over, maybe only you understand what you wrote there.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:52am On Apr 01, 2018
oyetpel:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 10:53am On Apr 01, 2018
CsRockefeller:

Men!! I've read it over and over, maybe only you understand what you wrote there.

Guy, look under your comment.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blackjack21(m): 1:50pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

Are you saying that the Lena that went into the shimmer is the same with the Lena that came out? I don't think so.
I'm sure that something in her was annihilated. I think they both became the reflection of each other. Each of them left a print of something of theirs in the other.

If you did notice she confirmed that she's not same as she was.
The movie require a steep scientific mind
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

They have sent 4 teams in 3 years. None has ever made it back. Once they entered the shimmer, they suffered memory lapses and became disoriented so scouring the edges was out of the question.

And that doesn't seem ridiculous to you? No team made it back because they didn't follow protocol. UN protocol demands that you send it a probe or a scout(s) before proceedings in the event of a biological disaster. But these guys ignored all these and just went all in into an unknown without first scouting out the edges. It's really stupid if you ask me. Something right out of amateur hour playbook. Then the women. Even with the memory lapses, they could have easily turn back to whence they came if they wanted.

Ishilove:

Kane's team left the memory card behind in case they didn't make it back. Remember that they had already guessed that the shimmer was rearranging their DNA so death was a very strong possibility. Also don't forget that the camera that was used to video Kane's team at the Base was the same used at the Lighthouse, meaning there is a strong possibility that they had a backup.

Exactly! Kane's team left the memory card there for a reason. They wanted it to be taken back to base by their succedents. But, when the women saw that footage left by them, what did they do? They digged in. They were in self-denial. They came into the shimmer looking for answers, and they found one. But, instead of taking it back to base, they decided to press on. Does that make any sense to you? If they must, it wouldn't have been far-fetched if they had splitted up. Let 2 women take the memory card back while the rest continue on to the lighthouse.

Ishilove:
Explained
In the aftermath of a biology disaster, when the integrity of a geographical area is uncertain, a robotic probe is usually sent in to scope out the environment. Sometimes, a specially constructed long pole (with an infrared enabled video camera attached on it) is wielded on the robot. Then the probe (controlled remotely) is sent into the disaster zone to be the expert's eyes and ears.

Why didn't the authorities do the same on Annihilation? Would have saved some lives too.

Ishilove:

I strongly disagree. The movie is very solidly woven and enjoyable. My only grouse is they didn't take some muscle to go with the women. Trained commandos or something. However, even Ventress admitted that it was a 'suicide mission' so maybe she didn't want to risk any more lives than necessary. Remember she told Lena that Kane was on 'self destruct mode' (paraphrasing)

I give the movie 7.5

Now you've made me give spoilers grin grin angry
7.5 ke? You're too generous oh.

I liked the movie as well, cuz as a sci-fi buff, I did enjoy it's thought provoking concepts. BUT.

The plot is all over the place. Ventress shouldn't be on that team at all for moral reasons alone. She's terminal, thus she's compromised. She doesn't care if she live or dies and have no intention of returning anyway, and yet somehow, they made her the team leader. But that's not the worst part. The worst part is keeping other women in the dark about this. They were basically following a suicidal walking corpse and didn't even know it. You said maybe she didn't wanna risk anymore lives as necessary, I say, that's bull. She went in for her own selfish reasons and didn't give a crap about anyone else. If Lena had failed to kill the alien, the expedition would have been a disaster, and the shimmer would have expanded and claim more lives.

Bottom line, Annihilation tried to be too ambitious for it's own good and it showed by the illogical turns of the plot. I'm giving it 6.5 because of the entertainment value it brings to the table. Other than that, it's a misadventure. Happy Easter.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

I just watched that scene again and I don't even think it's the real Lena that made it out of that Lighthouse. I think in the process of mirroring, Lena was duplicated or some sh*t like that...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by ParsonChristina: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
Last movie I watched was..LION

(1) (2) (3) ... (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) ... (3833) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: MavisEleanor, Bennytwin and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.