Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3727933 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (3828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:37pm On Apr 01, 2018
koice:

I just watched that scene again and I don't even think it's the real Lena that made it out of that Lighthouse. I think in the process of mirroring, Lena was duplicated or some sh*t like that...
I think it is an altered version of the real Lena that made it out, which is why her eyes shimmered in the closing shot.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:41pm On Apr 01, 2018
koice:

And that doesn't seem ridiculous to you? No team made it back because they didn't follow protocol. UN protocol demands that you send it a probe or a scout(s) before proceedings in the event of a biological disaster. But these guys ignored all these and just went all in into an unknown without first scouting out the edges. It's really stupid if you ask me. Something right out of amateur hour playbook. Then the women. Even with the memory lapses, they could have easily turn back to whence they came if they wanted.

Exactly! Kane's team left the memory card there for a reason. They wanted it to be taken back to base by their succedents. But, when the women saw that footage left by them, what did they do? They digged in. They were in self-denial. They came into the shimmer looking for answers, and they found one. But, instead of taking it back to base, they decided to press on. Does that make any sense to you? If they must, it wouldn't have been far-fetched if they had splitted up. Let 2 women take the memory card back while the rest continue on to the lighthouse.

In the aftermath of a biology disaster, when the integrity of a geographical area is uncertain, a robotic probe is usually sent in to scope out the environment. Sometimes, a specially constructed long pole (with an infrared enabled video camera attached on it) is wielded on the robot. Then the probe (controlled remotely) is sent into the disaster zone to be the expert's eyes and ears.

Why didn't the authorities do the same on Annihilation? Would have saved some lives too.

7.5 ke? You're too generous oh.

I liked the movie as well, cuz as a sci-fi buff, I did enjoy it's thought provoking concepts. BUT.

The plot is all over the place. Ventress shouldn't be on that team at all for moral reasons alone. She's terminal, thus she's compromised. She doesn't care if she live or dies and have no intention of returning anyway, and yet somehow, they made her the team leader. But that's not the worst part. The worst part is keeping other women in the dark about this. They were basically following a suicidal walking corpse and didn't even know it. You said maybe she didn't wanna risk anymore lives as necessary, I say, that's bull. She went in for her own selfish reasons and didn't give a crap about anyone else. If Lena had failed to kill the alien, the expedition would have been a disaster, and the shimmer would have expanded and claim more lives.

Bottom line, Annihilation tried to be too ambitious for it's own good and it showed by the illogical turns of the plot. I'm giving it 6.5 because of the entertainment value it brings to the table. Other than that, it's a misadventure. Happy Easter.

Oga it haf do. I don't have any more energy to argue cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2018
blackjack21:

Are you saying that the Lena that went into the shimmer is the same with the Lena that came out? I don't think so.
I'm sure that something in her was annihilated. I think they both became the reflection of each other. Each of them left a print of something of theirs in the other.

If you did notice she confirmed that she's not same as she was.
The movie require a steep scientific mind
You are right. It was like Lena 50, alien 50.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by stonemind(f): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
Ishilove:

You are right. It was like Lena 50, alien 50.

Please what movie is this?

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Ishilove: 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2018
stonemind:

Please what movie is this?
Annihilation
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by cao(f): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2018
I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore.

Im just plowing through Netflix Originals today.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by paymentvoucher: 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
About to see PACIFIC RIM

I hope it worth my N2,500
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by CltrAltDelicious(m): 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
Mollys Game 8/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fabulous0019(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2018
I don't usually post here but I gatz say dis.. To all movie lovers here!
I wud give black panther 8/10
And 'The Commuter' 8.5/10
Yeah I mean 8.5/10
Just finished watching it now and can't just express my happiness after watching it. If you love films like 'Taken' u just gatz watch dis one.. 'The commuters' is even more interesting than 'Taken'
Same lead actor 'Liam Neeson'
He killed this one!! No Mb wasted!
( oh the feeling!)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
The Death of Stalin

A very good satire on the death of former Soviet Union leader.
Had a lot of laughs.

I think i am going to download and watch that movie about Winston Churchill, Darkest Hour.

Since him, Stalin and Roosevelt worked together. They were called the big 3.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2018
First Match.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by FBS: 11:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
oyetpel:
The Death of Stalin

A very good satire on the death of former Soviet Union leader.
Had a lot of laughs.
Some serious satire. Crazy stuff.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
Jasonteague:
anyone seen proud mary. how was the movie

Normal movie. Not spectacular.

Woman kills everybody for a boy she loved.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by hakeemlyon: 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2018
just saw Game Over, Man movie and its super cool. I'll give it a 7/10 and its a movie I'd love to watch again... I had a good laugh watching this movie.. patiently waiting for.....
ACRIMONY and
GRINGO...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
fist fight 7/10 horrible bosses 7/10 the loft 9/10 the art of steal 9.5/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
Naaseer01:
fist fight 7/10
horrible bosses 7/10
the loft 9/10
the art of steal 9.5/10
which year are this movies?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2018
hakeemlyon:
just saw Game Over, Man movie and its super cool. I'll give it a 7/10 and its a movie I'd love to watch again... I had a good laugh watching this movie.. patiently waiting for.....
ACRIMONY and
GRINGO...

Woulsmlove to see gringo.

Also waiting for clear copies of

Tomb raider and Pacific rim.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2018
Naaseer01:
fist fight 7/10 horrible bosses 7/10 the loft 9/10 the art of steal 9.5/10
The loft, one of the worst movie of all time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
oyetpel:

The loft, one of the worst movie of all time.

are you kidding me. to me that movie was a bomb seriously
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2018
J2381:
which year are this movies?

16 & 17
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2018
the commuter with 6.4/10 on imdb? undecided

Fabulous0019:
Yeah I mean 8.5/10
Just finished watching it now and can't just express my happiness after watching it. If you love films like 'Taken' u just gatz watch dis one.. 'The commuters' is even more interesting than 'Taken'
( oh the feeling!)
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 12:03am On Apr 04, 2018
Black Panther 10/10,The cast were superb,danai gurira had the best performance in this movie IMO,Thunder fire all those people wey talk trash about this movie angry

Maze Runner:Death Cure 6/10
Angry Birds 10/10
I Kill Giants -10/10 ,watching this movie gave me a headache angry

The Crazies
Shaun of the Dead
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by jmanity: 12:26am On Apr 04, 2018
MJBOLT:
Black Panther 10/10,The cast were superb,danai gurira had the best performance in this movie IMO,Thunder fire all those people wey talk trash about this movie angry

Maze Runner:Death Cure 6/10
Angry Birds 10/10
I Kill Giants -10/10 ,watching this movie gave me a headache angry

The Crazies
Shaun of the Dead

I love black Panther especially the sound tracks which is better appreciated when watched in the cinema.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 04, 2018
Blackfyre:

No i didn't, it was worth it. Fast paced with a lot of lessons. Thanks!

Yeah, the movie is indeed beautiful, i like how fast it went, straight to the points with the lessons. The soundtracks were very nice too. It was an inspiring movie, told various stories in one movie.
Do you mind releasing your contact? I want to chat you. Rwas your comment in a particular thread and I was really touched. Hope you're a true child of God cos I'm one. Could have sent a pm but my mail isn't functioning. More reason I asked for your contact. Thanks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by okooloyun1(m): 1:44am On Apr 04, 2018
Fabulous0019:
Yeah I mean 8.5/10
( oh the feeling!)
Just downloaded "The commuter" hope it worth it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Emekus92(m): 3:05am On Apr 04, 2018
okooloyun1:
come back and testify b4 I download
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Horlaryinkah(m): 7:44am On Apr 04, 2018
12strong.. Movie so Dope
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobbykumar: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2018
Fynestboi:
Let us know the movie you are currently watching now, be it a Yoruba movie, an English, Hausa, Igbo, Ghanian, Indian, Korean, Chinese, British, American or even Anime etc gringringrin or Home video, TV Series (season movies), what episode?

Any kind of movie you are currently watching now just post the name and if possible a little summary.

...let's keep the ball rolling..!

guest post

The Hangover
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bobbykumar: 10:59am On Apr 04, 2018
armadeo:

Woulsmlove to see gringo.

Also waiting for clear copies of

Tomb raider and Pacific rim.

Tomb raider and Pacific rim downlaod in hd i love this movies

http://hdmoviespur.com/tomb-raider-2018-hollywood-movie-download-720p/

http://hdmoviespur.com/pacific-rim-uprising-2018-movie-download-in-hindi-720p/
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fabulous0019(m): 12:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
veektorh:

Am I d only on who finjs Imbd rating shudnt be trusted ...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fabulous0019(m): 12:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
veektorh:

Am I d only on who finks Imbd rating shudnt be trusted ...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Fabulous0019(m): 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2018
okooloyun1:

Taste differs... U might end up not liking it like me... But from my perspective.. The movie worths watching sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) ... (3828) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: Johnwick64 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.