Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,049 members, 7,835,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (965) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3782964 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (3844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dguyindcorner(m): 7:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
[quote author=sexymoma post=73772889][/quote]
Can you provide link to dysfunctional friends? I enjoyed all the movies except Ashqui.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
Beorn:
Crazy Rich Asians 7/10

The most impressive thing about this movie for me wasn't the storyline or the acting; but the unending display of opulence. Shit_ was so impressive I wished I was a billionaire.

I've seen crazier parties in the USA.

Great Gatsby called. It wants it's opulent party theme back.

Even in Nigeria where Ferraris and lambos race to party destinations.

What was really outstanding about any of the parties? Nothing.

The only thing cool was the helicopter to the ship party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
Four40:

dont thank me bro, thank the guy that recommended it

A picture is truly worth a thousand words.

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by colossus2: 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2018
Mortal Engines 6/10
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bountyhunter: 9:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
Wanna confuse ya self? Watch these! I no send person oo
Mulholland Drive
Pi
Identity
The Double
Coherence
Enemy
Primer
Memento
Shutter Island
Predestination
American Psycho
Donnie Darko
Cube
Eternal Sunshine of a spotless Mind
My Bloody Valentine
Dark City
The Triangle *Deja vu all through, shhtt*
Blazin' Saddles -shouldn't be here but I don't know wtf happened in the ending scene with the music lol
- I think I might have understood.
- I just don't understand.
Warning: don't watch more than three at a go lol
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
MJBOLT:
I'm looking for free kpekus

This pic gets me every time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
Peppermint

Just cool, i love it.

But there is something i read about gun silencers, it doesn't actually silence the sound of a gun, but apparently in movies it does.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
Back from ban cheesy

He is currently in the black book of the LGBT community which made him stepped down as the anchor of the Oscars ceremony.

So don't be surprised if his movies have abysmal ratings.
Those people are influential and far reaching.

sexymoma:
bro when i checked the rating on youtube, the way they were castigating kelvin i was scared of downloading the movie not until alexistaiwo pushed me to download it... my brother i will give that movie 8/10.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
DannyKoice:

Owu ite ajoka.

Osi je buburu.

Nwanne, oburo ma ikwuru, owu ite joro ezigbo njo. Chai!! grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
JeromeBlack:

I've seen crazier parties in the USA.

Great Gatsby called. It wants it's opulent party theme back.

Even in Nigeria where Ferraris and lambos race to party destinations.

What was really outstanding about any of the parties? Nothing.

The only thing cool was the helicopter to the ship party.

I've not seen The Great Gatsby. I know it sounds shocking, but it's what it is. grin

No matter the kind of lavish parties you've seen, the display of wealth in the movie was impressive, you can't deny it.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iRepMyCity(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2018
Beorn:

Nwanne, oburo ma ikwuru, owu ite joro ezigbo njo. Chai!! grin

grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iRepMyCity(m): 11:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
The Predator 6.5/10

Crazy Rich Asians 8.5/10 (added .5 because Akwafina killed her role) grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by blezdBen: 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
bountyhunter:
Wanna confuse ya self? Watch these! I no send person oo
Mulholland Drive
Pi
Identity
The Double
Coherence
Enemy
Primer
Memento
Shutter Island
Predestination
American Psycho
Donnie Darko
Cube
Eternal Sunshine of a spotless Mind
My Bloody Valentine
Dark City
The Triangle *Deja vu all through, shhtt*
Blazin' Saddles -shouldn't be here but I don't know wtf happened in the ending scene with the music lol
- I think I might have understood.
- I just don't understand.
Warning: don't watch more than three at a go lol
Lol...Watched Shutter Island. So damn crazy my understanding was all wrong till I finished watching, read the plot and smiled to myself. Try watching Inception too, its directed by Christopher Nolan the same guy who did Memento.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 4:07am On Dec 18, 2018
Fantastic Beast 2 - 6/10 angry Just wasted my time waiting for the big fight only to go the way of Power Rangers. No face off. So they expect us to wait for Part 3. Nawa o.

Bird Box - 7/10 So similar to "A Quiet Place". One can overlook the loopholes. Worth the time.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by dguyindcorner(m): 5:06am On Dec 18, 2018
Elymoney:

Liked it but still deleted it. �

My Undeletables

1. Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
2. Berserk.
3. Truth
4. V for Vendetta
5. The Best Offer.
And more.

Download links will be appreciated. Most especially for the nos 1 and 2.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 6:14am On Dec 18, 2018
Beorn:

I've not seen The Great Gatsby. I know it sounds shocking, but it's what it is. grin

No matter the kind of lavish parties you've seen, the display of wealth in the movie was impressive, you can't deny it.

The greatest asset anyone has is land/house.

Did you see any outstanding mansion in that movie

Do you know that a lot of Asian billionaires speak with Asian accents and not British/American ones? Crazy rich Asians makes that mistake.

Even in Nigeria, the billionaires and their children, how many speak with foreign accents? They speak good English but not foreign accents. David who live in USA comes to mind. Even Cuppy has a Nigerian accent.

It's hard for me to be impressed by Crazy Rich Asians when I know the good life.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 6:46am On Dec 18, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Do you know that a lot of Asian billionaires speak with Asian accents and not British/American ones? Crazy rich Asians makes that mistake.

Even in Nigeria, the billionaires and their children, how many speak with foreign accents? They speak good English but not foreign accents. David who live in USA comes to mind. Even Cuppy has a Nigerian accent.

It's hard for me to be impressed by Crazy Rich Asians when I know the good life.

Now this your criticism of the film comes from the mistakes of the producers/directors, using the casts for the wrong role. Rachel's role was not the wrong choice, though, because she's born and raised in the US. If you could still recall my earlier appraisal of the movie, I stated it clearly that I wasn't impressed by the movie's storyline or acting, that's because the if I'm to critique the film properly, I'd give it a 6/10. The storyline was cliche, and I wasn't wowed at any point by it; rather the wealth was the only thing I really enjoyed seeing in the movie and maybe Akwafina's performance. So, I agree with you on other aspects of the movie, but I still insist the directors did no wrong on showcasing the wealth to portray how rich those Asians were.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by bountyhunter: 7:18am On Dec 18, 2018
blezdBen:

Lol...Watched Shutter Island. So damn crazy my understanding was all wrong till I finished watching, read the plot and smiled to myself. Try watching Inception too, its directed by Christopher Nolan the same guy who did Memento.
Some movies are so crazy like the directors sef don't know what's up again lol shutter island ending is still confusing like is the guy a lunatic or the asylum made him crazy Watched inception and some other confusing movies too but was long time ago don't remember how much confusing they were, like interstellar, total recall, even the matrix is confusing I think but like I said I haven't re-watched them recently so dunno. Watch the movies with See if you'll understand

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Slowmojay(m): 7:21am On Dec 18, 2018
JeromeBlack:

This means you weren't simply paying attention in the movie. Because this particular family had a trend of sending off their young children to boarding school in England.
From grade school to the end of high school, seeing them mostly on the holidays as such. Now tell me how a child schooling in an Elitist English School will not be drilled on speaking the "Queen's English"? That coupled with peer pressure will rid them Of any trace remnants of the Asian accent they would have had.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 7:29am On Dec 18, 2018
Slowmojay:

This means you weren't simply paying attention in the movie. Because this particular family had a trend of sending off their young children to boarding school in England.
From grade school to the end of high school, seeing them mostly on the holidays as such. Now tell me how a child schooling in an Elitist English School will not be drilled on speaking the "Queen's English"? That coupled with peer pressure will rid them Of any trace remnants of the Asian accent they would have had.

They are not intimidated like you Nigerians, they didn't grow up in the Elitist English schools, they just went to study for maybe 2, 3, 4 years and that doesn't made them start changing their 'accent' to American. No one said they couldn't speak English.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:48am On Dec 18, 2018
Hearing Aquaman was immense.. A win for DC fans finally.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyaskii(m): 7:49am On Dec 18, 2018
First Man was good 7/10...Ryan gosling can do no wrong.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 18, 2018
oyetpel:
Peppermint

Just cool, i love it.

But there is something i read about gun silencers, it doesn't actually silence the sound of a gun, but apparently in movies it does.

Movies tend to exaggerate facts for entertainment purposes. For instance, cars don't explode on impact in real life like they do in movies, neither do airplanes.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Slowmojay(m): 8:10am On Dec 18, 2018
oyetpel:

They are not intimidated like you Nigerians, they didn't grow up in the Elitist English schools, they just went to study for maybe 2, 3, 4 years and that doesn't made them start changing their 'accent' to American. No one said they couldn't speak English.

Kids are not intimidated?
That's news to me.
Kids can be cruel to themselves. Especially minorities. So the more you fit in the better

Grade school and high school together is over 12years sir, not "2,3,4" years as you put it.
Still think that's not enough time for a child to radically change his accent and/or lifestyle.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:11am On Dec 18, 2018
Slowmojay:

Your comment is a common assumption found to be wrong.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Viking007(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2018
Life Itself: 8/10. kiss
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by oyetpel(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2018
Slowmojay:

Kids are not intimidated?
That's news to me.
Kids can be cruel to themselves. Especially minorities. So the more you fit in the better

Grade school and high school together is over 12years sir, not "2,3,4" years as you put it.
Still think that's not enough time for a child to radically change his accent and/or lifestyle.

They only go there for pg or undergrad
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 18, 2018
oyaskii:
Hearing Aquaman was immense.. A win for DC fans finally.
Their best movie since Chris Nolan's TDK trilogy. The best thing DC could have done was to cast Jason Momoa as Aquaman. Dude may not be a talented actor, but he doesn't have to. He's got something almost as good - screen charisma. Dude's got it in droves. It's almost as if he was born to be Aquaman.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2018
fixed

oyaskii:
Hearing Aquaman Underwater Wakanda was immense.. A win for DC fans finally.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:18am On Dec 18, 2018
fixed

DannyKoice:

Their best movie since Chris Nolan's TDK trilogy. The best thing DC could have done was to cast Jason Momoa as Aquaman underwater wakadian. Dude may not be a talented actor, but he doesn't have to. He's got something almost as good - screen charisma. Dude's got it in droves. He's made for that role.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 18, 2018
MJBOLT:
fixed

Nah, based on the fact that Aquaman is better than Black Panther, Wakanda should be more appropriately dubbed "Elevated Atlantis". cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:25am On Dec 18, 2018
Beorn:

Now this your criticism of the film comes from the mistakes of the producers/directors, using the casts for the wrong role. Rachel's role was not the wrong choice, though, because she's born and raised in the US. If you could still recall my earlier appraisal of the movie, I stated it clearly that I wasn't impressed by the movie's storyline or acting, that's because the if I'm to critique the film properly, I'd give it a 6/10. The storyline was cliche, and I wasn't wowed at any point by it; rather the wealth was the only thing I really enjoyed seeing in the movie and maybe Akwafina's performance. So, I agree with you on other aspects of the movie, but I still insist the directors did no wrong on showcasing the wealth to portray how rich those Asians were.

We are saying the same thing.

Where we differ is the issue of displaying wealth. I believe that it was not displayed enough.

I wanted to see fleets of supercars and classic cars. I did not get to see that.

I wanted to see mansions that are monitored and run by extensive operating systems.

I wanted to see exclusive nightclubs with madd attractions.

The wedding was underwhelming to say the least. People get married on mountainsides, islands yatcs and elaborate stage sets. This wedding just had some water tricks that didnt even make sense.

Oh, and rich young guys tend to wear T-shirts and hoodies when they are not in serious occassions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (3844) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: descartes400, Kevineleven(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.