Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief (10246 Views)

EFCC Arrests Man For Duping An Irish Businesswoman / 3 Arrested For Killing Mother, Church Member, Housemaid / Residents Nab Man For Alleged Money Ritual (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by DonColz1(m): 6:02am On Dec 10, 2013
A 22-year-old man, Eji Emmanuel, has been remanded by an Ebute Meta Magistrate’s Court for the alleged murder of one Chief Sylvanus Okoye, 39.
Emmanuel was said to have stabbed the late Okoye with a kitchen knife in the neck on August 1, 2013, while the deceased allegedly attempted to rape him.
PUNCH Metro had reported on November 27 that the suspect was arrested in Anambra State after police investigations revealed he had fled the scene after the crime was committed.
Emmanuel, a dancer, had said he was lured to Lagos from his village by a friend, Chukwudi, who introduced him to homosexuality.
He had alleged that his friend’s boss raped him twice.
After he had allegedly reported the matter at the police station, he claimed the police turned the case against him and put him in detention.
He had said after the ordeal, he approached late Okoye, whom he considered an Igbo leader in the state, to help him with money to return to Anambra State when Okoye also attempted to rape him.
A scuffle had reportedly ensued between the duo on the night of the incident, before the defendant grabbed a kitchen knife with which he killed late Okoye.
He was reportedly identified by the security man who saw him leave the apartment on the night of the incident.
Emmanuel was arraigned on one count of murder.
The charge read, “That you, Eji Emmanuel, on August 1, 2013 at 3.30am, at 9, Chief Ezemegbu Drive, Ago Okota, Lagos Magisterial District, did unlawfully kill one Sylvanus Okoye, aged 39 years, by stabbing him on the neck with a kitchen knife and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria 2011.”
His plea was not taken for the offence.
The prosecutor, Asup Feddy, applied for the remand of the defendant pursuant to Section 264 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Lagos State, 2011.
Feddy said the remand would also help the police get legal advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecution.
The magistrate, Mr. E.O Ogunkanmi, accepted to remand the defendant in prison for a minimum of 30 days permitted by the law. The matter was adjourned till January 6, 2014.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/court-remands-man-for-killing-alleged-gay-chief-2/

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by KenJak(m): 6:20am On Dec 10, 2013
He shouldn't be detained now. After-all,in our country,gay is a sin. So,all gays should even be burnt and slaughtered alive.

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Tsmooth1(m): 6:33am On Dec 10, 2013
Ken_Jak: He shouldn't be detained now. After-all,in our country,gay is a sin. So,all gays should even be burnt and slaughtered alive.

Yes, nobody should detain him for killing a gay. Gay should never and will never be tolerated in our society.
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by tsidra(f): 6:34am On Dec 10, 2013
He is gay doesn't make him less of an human. He should be purnished

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by shadydeals: 7:19am On Dec 10, 2013
We should not forget that the story says that the late chief molested him sexually. If this fact can be established in court by the defendant, then it is a case of rape or attempted rape. What will happen to the late chief if he had attempted to rape a girl and was caught? Certainlly he would have been jailed by now for that. So let them see the case as sexual molestation, and free the boy.
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by 9jahubcom(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2013
the land is really green
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Kingtim(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2013
Eww... All this gay self.. Imagine me.. I come see seun yanch, i come dey trip for am.. I dey craze Tufiakwa! angry

8 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by vicoloni(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Lilaex: 10:10am On Dec 10, 2013
Una no see say the man name na sylvANUS.. How do u expect him not to like ANUS..? Na joke O!

19 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 10, 2013
grin, make I start am?
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by solowork: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2013
Commot dia!... na my chance be dis.
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by solowork: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2013
T-smooth:

Yes, nobody should detain him for killing a gay. Gay should never and will never be tolerated in our society.

He's gonna kill you next, because he's just a murderer. It's doesn't matter whom he's killing

I can also kill you and when am asked why, I'll just say it's because you were being such a fahggot.

How do you like that for justice?

5 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Lilaex: 10:12am On Dec 10, 2013
What is ? What is ? Ur a fool, na so una go day block space way reasonable ppl go u comment..

O so now u don modify am to land is green. Watn concine dis talk and grass? now I see ur sick

.com:
the land is really green
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Kingtim(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2013
vicoloni: .
and here comes another werey. Fresh werey

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by besticality: 10:15am On Dec 10, 2013
He only needs to get a good lawyer who will establish that he was sexually molested and I think he should be freed on the ground of 'self defence'.

3 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by 5alive(m): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2013
I made first page. All thanks to Buddah.

Being gay is normal. It we take Nigeria 100 years to realise that.smh
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Otunbab: 10:25am On Dec 10, 2013
Na wah o! Some people just talk as if killing Is the solution to everything that's not allowed in the country. Mennnn, local Nigerians always fall my hand.
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Olugbenger(m): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Emmanuel, a dancer, had said he was lured to Lagos from his village by a friend, Chukwudi, who introduced him to homosexuality.
He had alleged that his friend’s boss Molested him twice.
After he had allegedly reported the matter at the police station, he claimed the police turned the case against him and put him in detention.
He had said after the ordeal, he approached late Okoye, whom he considered an Igbo leader in the state, to help him with money to return to Anambra State when Okoye also attempted To Molest him.

Why is everyone trying to molest him?

Isn't there something we are supposed to know already?
undecided

6 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by pmc01(m): 10:28am On Dec 10, 2013
I will pass... Next!
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by DisneyAngel(f): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2013
Dead body nor they talk
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by adezjamz(m): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2013
Let the prosecutors do their job.

The said defendant (Eji Emmanuel) is in Lagos for which business? "Homosexuality". How come he is being molested by a male chief?

I only guess things went wrong btw Eji & late Okoye. They are business partners.

3 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 10, 2013
Have you guys noticed? Almost only people from a particular region of Nigeria are always in this kind of news, have you? It is just an observation anyway, I hope they wont bite me.

Messy thread and trend. God save our little innocent kids, amen.

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by seangy4konji: 10:31am On Dec 10, 2013
ok...how is d annus doing?
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by adezjamz(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2013
nouveaux: This tribe sha

I
Am
Sorry
For
U
Tribalist

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by andyanders: 10:34am On Dec 10, 2013
5alive: I made first page. All thanks to Buddah.

Being gay is normal. It we take Nigeria 100 years to realise that.smh

You are sick and should be jailed with the gay man

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by vislabraye(m): 10:34am On Dec 10, 2013
Lilaex: Una no see say the man name na sylvANUS.. How do u expect him not to like ANUS..? Na joke O!

Hahahaha. Make him namesake catch U for NL

2 Likes

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Saraben(f): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2013
what r D's guys saying
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 10, 2013
Smh

1 Like

Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by jeamie(m): 10:36am On Dec 10, 2013
DonColz1: A 22-year-old man, Eji Emmanuel, has been remanded by an Ebute Meta Magistrate’s Court for the alleged murder of one Chief Sylvanus Okoye, 39.
Emmanuel was said to have stabbed the late Okoye with a kitchen knife in the neck on August 1, 2013, while the deceased allegedly attempted to rape him.
PUNCH Metro had reported on November 27 that the suspect was arrested in Anambra State after police investigations revealed he had fled the scene after the crime was committed.
He had alleged that his friend’s boss raped him twice.
He had said after the ordeal, he approached late Okoye, whom he considered an Igbo leader in the state, to help him with money to return to Anambra State when Okoye also attempted to rape him.
A scuffle had reportedly ensued between the duo on the night of the incident, before the defendant grabbed a kitchen knife with which he killed late Okoye.
He was reportedly identified by the security man who saw him leave the apartment on the night of the incident.
Emmanuel was arraigned on one count of murder.
The charge read, “That you, Eji Emmanuel, on August 1, 2013 at 3.30am, at 9, Chief Ezemegbu Drive, Ago Okota, Lagos Magisterial District, did unlawfully kill one Sylvanus Okoye, aged 39 years, by stabbing him on the neck with a kitchen knife and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria 2011.”
His plea was not taken for the offence.
The prosecutor, Asup Feddy, applied for the remand of the defendant pursuant to Section 264 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Lagos State, 2011.
Feddy said the remand would also help the police get legal advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecution.
The magistrate, Mr. E.O Ogunkanmi, accepted to remand the defendant in prison for a minimum of 30 days permitted by the law. The matter was adjourned till January 6, 2014.
http://www.punchng.com/metro/court-remands-man-for-killing-alleged-gay-chief-2/
he shud be buried alive wifout any hesitation
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 10, 2013
Huh
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by vislabraye(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2013
The poor hardly gets justice in this country. If what the boy said is true, I might do the same thing. I still can't comprehend that some people are homosexuals.
Re: Court Remands Man For Killing Alleged Gay Chief by Dygeasy(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2013
nouveaux: Have you guys noticed? Almost only people from a particular region of Nigeria are always in this kind of news, have you? It is just an observation anyway, I hope they wont bite me.

Messy thread and trend. God save our little innocent kids, amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Human Flesh To Be Serve As Menu In A New York Restaurant / Ogun Police Arrests Three Men For Attempting To Kidnap Their Former Employer / Man Arrested For Impersonating Lagos Land Use Officer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.