Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial (66889 Views)

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Why Jonathan Didn’t Speak At Mandela’s Service – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Ttalk: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2013
When Jonathan knew he was not going to speak at funeral ceremony, why the haste in rushing to South Africa, i think it would have been expedient for him to have sent a representative that would represent the country. Nigeria should not be taken for granted by any country in the world regardless of our shortcomings. Enough is enough
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by adisarasaq(m): 11:52am On Dec 11, 2013
The world are telling us that they are not as foolish as Nigerians are, they don't celebrate corruption like like we do. It's time we change our thinking.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by vanguard1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
ceo4eva: I now strongly believe that this Jonathan's Administration Cultivates, Breeds, Nurtures, Fertilizes, Harvests, Packages, and Distributes CORRUPTION.
Click 'LIKE' if U Agree.
Go and die
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by iterator25: 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
solomon111: Your inflation is lower because of your minute population.
It dosen't mean anything.
Your inflation is also lower than SA,india,japan and other major economies.
2)Our debt profile is less than $10billion.
Very low for a population of 170million.
I'm sure if you compare the population/debt ratio of both countries,Nigeria is better off.
Btw,Nigeria has the much bigger foreign reserve.
3)credit ratings don't tell the whole story as they're usually based on many factors like security and stability,which is still pretty fragile in Nigeria.
Credit ratings are meant to act as guide for investors.
Anyway,Nigeria attracts the highest foreign investments in africa.
So your A+ is only on paper.
Bluivy and her Botswana ancestors are scumbags.. she doesn't know anything lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by iterator25: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
mafolayomi: Hehehe, Nigerians wont learn, if this is true, then it is obvious that other countries of d world dont have regards whatsoever for this country. And here we are mourning Mandela even more than d south africans and his family. Same thing happened when Obama won d first time, we celebrated more than any other country of the world, but the same Obama came to africa and never cared to give us common phone call not to talk of visiting us. Thank God i dont usually give a Bleep about all this stuff
lol
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by vicenteze: 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
South snubed nigeria not gej
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Benzora(m): 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hahahahaha! The President flew there in one of the most expensive jets money can buy, with the highest number of delegates, staying in the most expensive hotel and shopping at the most expensive districts. Truth is, none of that count on world stage. All of these together with all the expensive properties Nigerian politicians have acquired in south africa and around the world couldn't give Jonathan access to the cameras even for a sec. on world stage. Hahahaha! What a bunch of imbeciles!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by vicenteze: 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
SouthaFrica snubed nigeria not gej
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Billygee2u: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
OP, are you sure you have TV,much more of watching the live event of Madiba's memorial? Here in China I was watching the live coverage and had when Jonathan was called to pay his tribute,unfortunately,I later went out and did not complete the watching.
Actually,you made some good points,but you should not lay the blame on Jonathan,ok?
Jonathan is highly respected abroad,ask other people in abroad.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Biggyd2: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
ocelot2006:

GEJ was introduced and everyone cheered loudly. What more do you want?

I wonder what what I was/am wondering has to do with your post. No vex o, park well.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by kgr28(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
ok was memorial service about the death of mandela or about sa thanking the world for the help during apartheid or was it un summit on apartheid??
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by utimatedes(m): 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2013
Must all head of state speak? Why do you have to mention history to justify this. Abeg leave this man alone.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nja147: 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Abaa, 90 head of states cant give spech the same now. Jonathan was not snubbed
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Oshosam(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
No Nigerian political office holder has the moral right to eulogize the man called Mandela because none of them matches him in character and quality -- http://www.theretrospects..com/
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
geeez: Sometimes, beyond the office, the personality determines the extent of your influence

If BRF was president, I'm not sure any serious nation would snub him like this

He's ruthlessly intelligent and aptly presidential
thank you
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by tpia5: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2013
He could have sent a representative or his vp instead, like other countries did.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by walexlugas08(m): 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
Honestly, the disgrace of our president is our shame,to mock or snub our president is total embarassment being suffered by all and sundry citizens of Nigeria. Realistically, as a indegine of a nation what affect your leader,affect you all because they're our symbol and representative globally that're being selected and supporting by citizenry of the nation to protect our integrity,and propel good citizens of our nation,regardless of any region,ethnic,or tribe being governing us,we should all bear it in mind that what affect Gej at global level,even in our country,affects us,in as much as still be a country indigene! Time for rethink of our corruption leaders!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by phoenixchap: 5:27pm On Dec 11, 2013
omar22: Look what looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck is probably a duck.

Let's call a spade a spade, this is what we get when we have fools as leaders. What did the international community say to GEJ when he gave the crook who sneaked out of the UK wearing a burka a national pardon! They said they were very disappointed in our government and leader, but the looney president acted as if they were blowing hot air.

A first lady closing the road because she has a hairdressers appointment, the bulletproof cars, mismanagement of funds at an alarming rate, James Ibori's birthday while in prison, all this is shown on CNN. Many more incident that our leaders acting as if they have no one to answer to. But hey the international community have spoken and its loud enough for those who have ears to listen

May u walk and never stumble and your days will never be cut short nor short cut, @least someone is reasoning and any other person who sees nothing outside of this is an enemy of progress and a detractor... What imagine are the leaders painting the nation? And they demand fair treatment with leaders around the world?? Uhmm
You have just spoken my mind.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by sucess001(m): 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Any sane person can't support this administration.

Except he is being paid to do so.

Another reason to see how corrupt and inept the present govt is.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by donodion(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
puhahahahaha memorial service and jonathan MUST be given audience grin grin grin grin ho ho ho ho...Naijas you too like un-necessary recognition grin grin grin abeg make jona do quick come settle d wahala wey him and his PDP dey create for naija jor.. no be only recognition, dont worry SA will give him reconciliation grin grin grin grin grin grin Nonsense..as if they are owing us something. Nigerians...lets develop our country by first ensuring these thieves and their ilks never continue in power.When we strike and create BIG gbosa for positive changes,we would get the recognition we desire.Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
solomon111: Shut up with all these gratitude nonsense and stop disgracing us on cyberspace.
Southafricans don't owe you anything.
If you don't like it,ask the Nigerian govt to change their foreign policy and stop interfering in the issues of any african country.
Let them solve their problems by themselves,just as we're doing.

It is a thing of choice. No one owes you a thank you if you help them. I always cherish and respect every help and assistance given to me. Yet I don't expect a thank you from anyone I help.

I have this saying I make. Help someone from the good of your heart and not because you feel he might thank or help you tomorrow.

Either way I am proud of Nigeria and Nigerians who stood against apartheid in SA and Nigerians who fought for Mandela. That was blessed.

It is time we start looking at ourselves Nigerians as brothers and start fighting for each other.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ttalk: When Jonathan knew he was not going to speak at funeral ceremony, why the haste in rushing to South Africa, i think it would have been expedient for him to have sent a representative that would represent the country. Nigeria should not be taken for granted by any country in the world regardless of our shortcomings. Enough is enough

Nigeria as a Nation stood with Late Mandela and fought against the apartheid regime. I think at this time the legacy of Madiba is being recognised, those who stood with him deserve to show him respect.

Pres. GEJ represents us and his presence shows us showing respect. A delegate would have been wrong especially when other leaders came.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by ocelot2006(m): 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
Biggyd2:

I wonder what what I was/am wondering has to do with your post. No vex o, park well.

Oya, I no wan park. Wetin u go do?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Sagamite(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2013
Who would give a person like Jonathan a stage to talk at an international event full of the mighty?

Who wants to listen to that person?

You must be having a laugh!

Zuma is a cretin but not that much of a cretin to let our cretin speak when there are many other significant people they need to accommodate.

Even here in the UK, the UK media have completely shunned the person. You will not even know he attended the event except you read Naija news.

An insignificant foooool!

Nigeria did shyt loads of South Africa during apartheid but it will be a shame to give platforms to lunatics and thieves in power because of that.

When we vote for a leader with reputation like Fashola, Okonjo-Iweala, Utomi, Duke, Sanusi, Ezekwesili, Ribadu etc, then we can go around the world with some reputation to boast about.

As long as we have this person and his likes, we need to shut the fck up!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Sagamite(m): 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
ceo4eva:
However, Lagos-based lawyer, Jiti Ogunye, says Nigerian politicians are to be blame for the pedestrian level the country presently occupies in the international community. He says the complete atrophy of the respect the country was accorded in global affairs was as a result of years of misrule and corruption by the country’s politicians.

“Nigeria has lost its social, political and economic glory domestically and that glory that is lost cannot be recovered at Mandela’s funeral,” he said.

“While Nigeria officialdom maybe in a state of discomfiture by the non-recognition of Nigeria in the protocol of the funeral, the point is that it is not what Nigeria did for South Africa or for Angola or for any of the frontline states like Namibia that Nigeria will be remembered. It not the support Nigeria gave to the ANC… that Nigeria will be recognised by, it is what Nigeria has done for itself and what Nigeria has not done for itself. And we’ve done a lot against ourselves. Look at our country; our country is broken in many respects and no you’re talking about xenophobia, what led to it? Nigerian young people go overseas and become criminals the way we are criminals in our own country.

People leave the shore of Nigeria to be criminals outside our shores. Right from the time they leave Nigeria they’re going overseas to be criminals. We are exporting blue-collar crimes and Yahoo Yahoo to all sorts of countries, to Malaysia and are we blaming those countries for our own woes?
“How you will be regarded abroad is determined by how you’re regarded at home. Now how is the Nigeria state regarded by Nigerians? The Nigerian state is regarded by Nigerian as an uncaring state, as a heartless state, as a state that has no love for its people, as a state that has abandoned its people. So how has the Nigerian state treated its own people before we start taking offence at how the Nigerian state is treated by another country?

This Jiti Ogunye needs to be given a fcking national award!

Well fcking said!

NIGERIA: A country majority composed of cretins and led by fucktards who are moronically elected, celebrated and supported by the said cretins!
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Sagamite: Who would give a person like Jonathan a stage to talk at an international event full of the mighty?

Who wants to listen to that person?

You must be having a laugh!

Zuma is a cretin but not that much of a cretin to let our cretin speak when there are many other significant people they need to accommodate.

Even here in the UK, the UK media have completely shunned the person. You will not even know he attended the event except you read Naija news.

An insignificant foooool!

Nigeria did shyt loads of South Africa during apartheid but it will be a shame to give platforms to lunatics and thieves in power because of that.

When we vote for a leader with reputation like Fashola, Okonjo-Iweala, Utomi, Duke, Sanusi, Ezekwesili, Ribadu etc, then we can go around the world with some reputation to boast about.

As long as we have this person and his likes, we need to shut the fck up!

You have a problem with Jonathan but you have no problem with Okonjo Iweala. She championed the subsidy removal under OBJ and Good luck. It is under her nose that 5 billion dollars left the ECA and she said it was used for SURE P which the subsidy was for.

Well this isn't a mud slinging topic but if a thief saves a Pastor's life. It won't be wrong for the Pastor to say thank you in front of his fellow Pastors.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by Sagamite(m): 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
You have a problem with Jonathan but you have no problem with Okonjo Iweala. She championed the subsidy removal under OBJ and Good luck. It is under her nose that 5 billion dollars left the ECA and she said it was used for SURE P which the subsidy was for.

Well this isn't a mud slinging topic but if a thief saves a Pastor's life. It won't be wrong for the Pastor to say thank you in front of his fellow Pastors.

What has policy got to do with corruption?

Only a person pastor will publicly say thank you if the thank you will apportion some respect on the thief!

Secondly, did someone tell you SA was a theocratic state?
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by vatuso: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
indeed nigerian govt is a careless n wicked govt but to b frank with you,this write up is false nija was recognized n i personally watch gudluck spoke
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:20am On Dec 12, 2013
Sagamite:

Only a person pastor will publicly say thank you if the thank you will apportion some respect on the thief!

It is an analogy showing a highly clean man and a man believed to be dirty. If the thief saves the Pastor, saying thank you doesn't make the Pastor dirty. Same in this case, people make the inference that the reason SA didn't give Nigeria a chance is because of corruption. Saying thank you won't make them dirty. When Nigeria was helping, it was okay.

Please the analogy has nothing to do with theocracy.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2013
Sagamite:

You never new policies could have corrupt motives. Please give me a break.
Re: Jonathan Snubbed At Mandela's Memorial by JOSEPH7: 3:05am On Dec 12, 2013
At the moment, I have been opportuned to visit more than 14 countries. Infact, u dare not mention dt u re a Nigerian....blc d moment they c ur Int'l passport, at d various Air-port. U lld be searched like a HARDEN CRIMINAL. Even in our fellow African Country. It's time Nigeria withdraw all her contributions to all ds 'so call' countries nd respect herself. Pls go nd see our Nigerians are being Maltreated outside. It is so shameful. I was furious to d extent dt I've to write to d Minister of Foreign affairs to report all ds shameful act by ds countries to Nigerians in diaspora. Our Government need to do sth about it fast. Thank God they re seeing it now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Okorocha Prepares Imo For Christmas (photos) / Hadiza, El-Rufai's Wife: This Is What Kaduna Stress Has Done To My Husband / Photo Of Saraki After The Super Eagles Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.