Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers (31711 Views)

AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by gr8eminent(m): 6:28am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote
author=Ibyno]FG - ASUU just keep fooling nigerians , my uncle in senate
said that any time ASUU and fg gather together, they collect sitting
allowance ,so to them, they just prefer the allowance and don't want the
strike to end, so who is fooling who now ?[/quote] what a reasnin?, I pity ur poor leacking brain,,,and what the hell is ur uncle doing in senate?

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?

Jonathan is the kinda leader that makes his followers look stu.p.id at the end of the day. Policy somersault and prevarication is his main trait.

He has finally made himself available to be toyed with by any labour union. It is highly presidential to be resolute.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Tolexander: 6:49am On Dec 11, 2013
XLR8:

must u always talk human physiology?
that isn't physiology bro, that is anatomy!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by goldenHelen(f): 6:51am On Dec 11, 2013
Sodiq33: I pray I make front page oo...fellow nairalander,Pray for me......E no Easy
if u make front page how much wuld dey pay u?
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Pennywise(m): 6:53am On Dec 11, 2013
Jonathan's'govt by trial and error.

How can this man hope to be taken seriuosly? What happens to the replacement lecturers already employed by some unis? Another opportunity to put an end to intractable crises in our unis thrown out the window. A normal ten yr old can make better decisions for Nigeria.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by kelvinklein219(m): 6:55am On Dec 11, 2013
Lemme tell all ov yhu y its lyk ASUU is winning,now most schools has pulled out but students are reluctant to g back nw..till nxt year,so it seems lyk d schools are still on strike....make january reach first let students across d federation enta classrooms let dem nt call of d strike then u would see
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Toksytoks(m): 6:57am On Dec 11, 2013
dryakson: I candidly believed the
continuity of ASUU strike is
politically influenced. what else
do they need?was GEJ the
caused of educational
problems in Nigeria?even is he
can’t ASUU rob mind with him?
yet with 13hours of
deliberations. Nigerians are
tired of this neck struggle. The
tactics of ASUU is outdated.
The struggle is basically
destroying children tomorrow’
especially our girls

You are part of the reasons ASUU is on strike. What ASUU is fighting for is evident in your write up. I guess you are a student in one of our universities. A sound primary school kid wont write a note filled with grammatical blunders like this. You think education means going to school everyday..and getting a paper after 4years? Even if you have a 2-1 on your cetificate, I wont offer you the post of a cleaner in my hospital with this pathetic post i just read..I graduated as a medical Doctor after 8yrs in a prestigious Federal University and I am not allowed to practise in west Africa. I had to take several aptitude and IQ tests in some countries I visited,my colleague from Legon in Ghana didnt. Of what value is such comatose educational system? Let the FG sign and release the funds to develop our universities, no nigerian university is among the top ten universities in Africa, isnt this pathetic?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by djSkukie(m): 6:58am On Dec 11, 2013
Hmmm..... D two parties re nt getting it right @all. FG have no reason 2 gv ASUU ultimatum in d 1st place. Let's see how it turns down
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by divinelove(m): 7:03am On Dec 11, 2013
Fg shld 'go and die'. Y issue a directive dt even a primary sch headmaster wouldnt issue bc its wrong. Now u ve made urself clueless
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by goldenHelen(f): 7:04am On Dec 11, 2013
Osehnetworld: Wt a pitiable govt
hmmmm everybody dey talk in own,c wetin dis one just vomit.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by shehuAO: 7:04am On Dec 11, 2013
What did I said earlier,Wike and Okupe are not good spokes pple of govt.its unfortunate Oga president employed these type of riffraffs in his cabinet.its not good to appoint an ordinary farmers to held these posts than these illiterate lair politicians.ASUU I continue to hail you people.don't give up till necessary agreement is sign by both parties.don't rely on that fake document from CBN.it is possible Okupe and Wike can forge it.we can no longer rely on these fake politicians.God bless ASUU.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by mankand(m): 7:11am On Dec 11, 2013
And you expect this clown to be allowed to pay tribute at Mandela memorial? Hell no, it is going to be a disaster. I bet Obj, would have been given the honour to pay such tribute as the leader of the giant of Africa.

This administration have proved to me long ago that they are clueless. Only goons will still blindly support them because it is very hard for them to face the truth.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by norigams(m): 7:13am On Dec 11, 2013
Make i stop fishing as my career b4 my brain b like fish own like some one 4 Abuja
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by joe4christ(m): 7:17am On Dec 11, 2013
GEJ, sign the gaddamn paper and and let student resume.
Abi you want make pesin old ni,

Which kind president be this self
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by chi4ik(m): 7:19am On Dec 11, 2013
Boss Ttdiamonds:
You know..rather than postin' tis' senseless words of yours.. Killin' yourself posed a better option...
So the next time you come in here and see post 'bout our clueless govt.. Go kill yourself..
I can't reply any insult of yours but d message I'm passing here is that GEJ is somebodies parent $ will U all b happy if someone is insulting your parents like this? I'm sure even if Mandela becomes d president of Nigeria, U guys will still insult him.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 11, 2013
What would happen to the lecturers who've already been sacked?? undecided
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 11, 2013
in as much as I'm not a fan of the Jonathan administration, I must say they used a good strategy here. ..by issuing the sack ultimatum and getting students and over 70percent of lecturers back to school, ,the ultimatum has achieved its aims...
Jonathan of all people knw there was no way he could sack and recruit new lecturers just like that..it'll take several month for them to fit in...he also knw that the sack threat was going to get most lecturers back to school. ...lecturers of which 80percent of them are no longer in support of the strike action needed nothing more than a reason to go back to school. .and Jonathan gave them that...with the sack threat..the ASUU chapters cannot firmly say they've been betrayed by the lecturers. ...JONAH USED HIS HEAD

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by john107: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2013
Una dy insult sha. Years of accumulated neglect and frustration by d govt don give una bad mouth. Wish some pple could still be positive despite d trying times.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by chi4ik(m): 7:26am On Dec 11, 2013
Kelvin0:
Rude,annoying, jobless,hatred,evil minded....yet u use ur money to subscribe for data just to join dix set of people. #very reasonable.
I know I may have written this out of annoyance but to b frank, the rate of insult Nairalanders ar giving GEJ is too much. Hw do U expect foreigners to respect Nig or our president when we ar d one destroying his name? Don't U ppl know that this is internet that anybody all over d world can read? Pls all of us have our own problem $ mistakes but pls let respect this man GEJ $ pray 4 better Nig

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by falosachy(m): 7:27am On Dec 11, 2013
Am sure, Obama's speech yesterday during Mandela's memorial must have influenced this decision.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by XLR8(m): 7:28am On Dec 11, 2013
Moxie4lyf:
Is "nko" an english word?...
U contradict yourself with your written english. And for this cause,ASUU needs to continue the strike till The battle is won

stop bringing your goofy opinion into the picture cos we already have enof mess at hand to deal with..though i said "nko" am still driving home my point..goof off
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by profvic3: 7:29am On Dec 11, 2013
diz government is d most insincere i'v ever seen*really did'nt expect much 4rm jonathan,considering d fact he as surrounded himself wit idiots like wike..jonathan is too weak to b d president of nigeria.is either he meets wit ASUU terms or stop been a hypocrite
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by XLR8(m): 7:32am On Dec 11, 2013
Tolexander: that isn't physiology bro, that is anatomy!

whats the difference?
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by eluquenson(m): 7:32am On Dec 11, 2013
Clueless govt we have....so unfortunate embarassed
oya lets sing together:
ASUU INDOMIE SONG... ASUU do gud oo..e do gud, ASUU wey giv us strike..e do gud, wey mek us stay for house..e do gud, dey chop our mama food oo...e do gud, dis strike bin sweet well well oo...e do gud, sum people don join yahoo oo...e do gud, sum don dey do ashawo oo...e do gud,sum don dey do gateman oo...e do gud, some don dey go get belle oo...e do gud, me don dey sing nonsense oo...e do gud, And u dey read nonsense oo...e do gud,Me and u who get sense oo...e do gud, I dey sing, you dey dance oo...e do bad, Which time dis strike go endy oo?...e do gud, Me don try ask google oo...e do gud, Even TB joshua no know oo...e do gud,Na google go come know oo?..e do bad, I tink Goodluck go know oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 11, 2013
Balless GEJ
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 11, 2013
Many Nairalanders and Nigerians by extension will criticize the Presidency and infact the Federal Government for withdrawing the Ultimatum, because of the refracted psychological bastardization of our psyche by the military regimes. Now, most people are inclined to think that Federal MUST COMMAND, and ASUU must OBEY THE LAST COMMAND.

But I want to admonish all us, that we are in a DEMOCRACY, where deliberations, criticisms and even outfight are permitted in so far it is for greater good of the people of Nigeria.

Last Bullet: Surrender is actually a weapon of control and one of the basic tactics in the Laws of Power.

Read more, and be equipped with knowledge beyond the jungle the military put us in.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by TechWalker007: 7:48am On Dec 11, 2013
eyenCalabar: Most times, am forced to believe that this administration is simply clueless. I see no reason why a whole federal government of a country should be taking miscalculated decisions. Who are they fooling here? ASUU or themselves? Well, it only shows the level of education they have attended. There's nothing I hate like taking back my words.

If GEJ is as proud as you are or half as proud as the "go and die", "go back to your village", night time deporting governor, Nigeria would have been in civil war.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by MaziOmenuko: 7:50am On Dec 11, 2013
Seems the association of vice-chancellors and pro-chancellors have sent their spokesman, GEJ to withdraw the ultimatum.

Next time, look before you leap!

Now, can we mail you a copy of the agreement so you can direct the attorney general to sign?
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Afritop(m): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2013
dryakson: I candidly believed the
continuity of ASUU strike is
politically influenced. what else
do they need?was GEJ the
caused of educational
problems in Nigeria?even is he
can’t ASUU rob mind with him?
yet with 13hours of
deliberations. Nigerians are
tired of this neck struggle. The
tactics of ASUU is outdated.
The struggle is basically
destroying children tomorrow’
especially our girls
You got it wrong! ASUU need the relevant CBN and finance authorities to make formal confirmation of the amount deposited. Nigerian politicians cannot be trusted and you as a nigerian ought to know that the present nigerian government and their spokesmen lack integrity. What they say today might actually mean different things
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by TechWalker007: 7:55am On Dec 11, 2013
Billyonaire: Many Nairalanders and Nigerians by extension will criticize the Presidency and infact the Federal Government for withdrawing the Ultimatum, because of the refracted psychological bastardization of our psyche by the military regimes. Now, most people are inclined to think that Federal MUST COMMAND, and ASUU must OBEY THE LAST COMMAND.

But I want to admonish all us, that we are in a DEMOCRACY, where deliberations, criticisms and even outfight are permitted in so far it is for greater good of the people of Nigeria.

Last Bullet: Surrender is actually a weapon of control and one of the basic tactics in the Laws of Power.

Read more, and be equipped with knowledge beyond the jungle the military put us in.

These APC folks are used to the "go and die", "go back to your village " types like Fashola and Oshiomole.
Yet if GEJ had gone ahead to sack the ASUU lecturers (which he can legally), they would have called him a dictator.

When Fashola sacked 800 doctors and rescinded, I didn't see these APC stooges calling him weak. In fact, they praised him as a humble and listening governor.
Their hatred for GEJ is consistent, that's what I know.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by softy(m): 7:56am On Dec 11, 2013
In my own opinion, ASUU is doing just one-hundredth (1/100) of what MANDIBA Mandela did in South Africa to effect change(s), and we are so tired, and enjoying propaganda spread by the looters to convince us that ASUU is politically motivated. SMH !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme / NOUN Graduates Now Eligible For NYSC & Law School / UNIZIK Medical Student Reading On The Altar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.