Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers (31707 Views)

AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by ademipeju(f): 7:57am On Dec 11, 2013
Why?? Dis ASUU go get mouth now....
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by paulworld(m): 7:58am On Dec 11, 2013
ASUU to resume academic activities soon. Buy your cheap garri now pm
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by omenka(m): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2013
40Lightyears:

If I say you must return to work on the 9th and 70% of the people that I am talking to have returned to work, that is substantial compliance.

This rabid dog called Doyin Okupe is at it again o. shocked shocked shocked shocked
it's a face saying lie. Not even 10% complied. They wanna still appear like they are the bosses but they've already made sissies of themselves!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by jelel6: 8:01am On Dec 11, 2013
from the onset, i knew that this ultimatum given by the FG is lame, wack and could not not achieve any result. But honestly, what baffles me WAS THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS (future leaders) LACKED FORESIGHT AND THOUGT the ultimatum would bring ASUU to class. What a shame. Know wonder ASUU wants funds to churn out better baked students who would use thier brains and not their hearts in making decisions.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by falansa: 8:04am On Dec 11, 2013
I guess GOD is tired of this FG-ASUU movie too. Dear Lord, Nigeria need salvation o
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Soso990240(m): 8:04am On Dec 11, 2013
What happens to already sacked FUTO lecturers?
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by pojonatan(m): 8:14am On Dec 11, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm...... may God help us in d struggle btwn ASUU nd Fg
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by ddeola: 8:15am On Dec 11, 2013
The most important thing is that our ivory towers are adequately equipped, refurblished and updated to suit what obtains in schools in developed countries. We get d moni 4 God's sake

Going forward, our leaders MUST take the education sector serious
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by McLuhan(m): 8:17am On Dec 11, 2013
BADNEAT: in as much as I'm not a fan of the Jonathan administration, I must say they used a good strategy here. ..by issuing the sack ultimatum and getting students and over 70percent of lecturers back to school, ,the ultimatum has achieved its aims...
Jonathan of all people knw there was no way he could sack and recruit new lecturers just like that..it'll take several month for them to fit in...he also knw that the sack threat was going to get most lecturers back to school. ...lecturers of which 80percent of them are no longer in support of the strike action needed nothing more than a reason to go back to school. .and Jonathan gave them that...with the sack threat..the ASUU chapters cannot firmly say they've been betrayed by the lecturers. ...JONAH USED HIS HEAD
Brother, use your brain. There is no such thing as "substantial compliance". Okupe is simply lying. No federal university has resumed lectures. Read all the major newspapers and news websites. If the threat had any prospects of succeeding, do you think the FG would have withdrawn it? It's a face-saving measure by a tactless and irresponsible government whose bluff has been called. Those figures you are quoting - 70%, 80% - are fictional. The questions we should ask ourselves are: Why is the FG refusing to sign an MOU on the resolutions it purportedly reached with ASUU during the famous 13-hour meeting? Does the FG's reluctance to formalise the agreement portray the government as responsible and sincere? Given its current antics and its antecedents with regard to implementing the 2009 Agreement, can this government be trusted to implement an unwritten agreement?

4 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by StevePenninho(m): 8:17am On Dec 11, 2013
So FG Finally ate deir words under d flimsy excuse of substantial compliance. This is really a Kindergarten government
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by buoye1(m): 8:22am On Dec 11, 2013
dryakson: I candidly believed the
continuity of ASUU strike is
politically influenced.

B4 nko?.....it has been politicised right from the day 1 just that a lot of people didn't take note.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Chartey(m): 8:25am On Dec 11, 2013
Ibyno: FG - ASUU just keep fooling nigerians , my uncle in senate said that any time ASUU and fg gather together, they collect sitting allowance ,so to them, they just prefer the allowance and don't want the strike to end, so who is fooling who now ?
Is your uncle a senator or just a worker at NASS? If he's a senator, tell him they're the ones fooling Nigerians the most. If he's just a worker, tell him to shut up instead of saying what he does not understand.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by dunwun: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2013
I really don't care whether they withdraw ultimatum or not. People need to return to school and fast, FG should just do the needful and stop making statements!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by odomanis: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?

Is it about signing the paper or about new demands brought in by ASUU which was not part of the agreement at the meeting with GEJ?

You are saying they should just sign. if they sign now and cant implement it tomorrow same you will blabb rubbish. Government should sign only what they are convinced that they can do. PERIOD !

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by wckabuoh(m): 8:26am On Dec 11, 2013
Make Una continue to de use us de play...........................oneday, the bushmeat go catch the hunter!!!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by onyxo76(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2013
LESSON:- ASUU always gets what it wants!!!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by odomanis: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2013
Steve Penninho: So FG Finally ate deir words under d flimsy excuse of substantial compliance. This is really a Kindergarten government

So you had wished they didnt? so that our children will continue to waste their lives doing nothing. Sorry, you have failed.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by jelel6: 8:29am On Dec 11, 2013
from the onset, i knew that this ultimatum given by the FG is lame, wack and could not not achieve any result. But honestly, what baffles me WAS THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS (future leaders) LACKED FORESIGHT AND THOUGT the ultimatum would bring ASUU to class. What a shame. Know wonder ASUU wants funds to churn out better baked students who would use thier brains and not their hearts in making decisions. from the onset, i knew that this ultimatum given by the FG is lame, wack and could not not achieve any result. But honestly, what baffles me WAS THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS (future leaders) LACKED FORESIGHT AND THOUGT the ultimatum would bring ASUU to class. What a shame. Know wonder ASUU wants funds to churn out better baked students who would use thier brains and not their hearts in making decisions. from the onset, i knew that this ultimatum given by the FG is lame, wack and could not not achieve any result. But honestly, what baffles me WAS THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS (future leaders) LACKED FORESIGHT AND THOUGT the ultimatum would bring ASUU to class. What a shame. Know wonder ASUU wants funds to churn out better baked students who would use thier brains and not their hearts in making decisions.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:34am On Dec 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?
A presidential committee has been set up to look into purchase of the pen they will use to sign. And five Asian companies showed interest in the supply, by next year it will be signed grin grin
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Chartey(m): 8:35am On Dec 11, 2013
BADNEAT: in as much as I'm not a fan of the Jonathan administration, I must say they used a good strategy here. ..by issuing the sack ultimatum and getting students and over 70percent of lecturers back to school, ,the ultimatum has achieved its aims...
Jonathan of all people knw there was no way he could sack and recruit new lecturers just like that..it'll take several month for them to fit in...he also knw that the sack threat was going to get most lecturers back to school. ...lecturers of which 80percent of them are no longer in support of the strike action needed nothing more than a reason to go back to school. .and Jonathan gave them that...with the sack threat..the ASUU chapters cannot firmly say they've been betrayed by the lecturers. ...JONAH USED HIS HEAD
Forget that 70%. Mr Okupe apparently got that number from the sky. I've been in school throughout the strike and not a single lecturer taught a class. "Resuming" isn't the right word for the lecturers as many of them stay in and around the school and go to their offices often anyway.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by tuyi19: 8:36am On Dec 11, 2013
I want to beleive that ASUU is doing the right thing, our government can not be trusted with unwritten agreement, Jonathan denied was he signed talkless of the one that is unwritten. i will like to state 2 instances why i said ASUU is right.

1. When PDP held a meeting regards to zoning during OBJ regime, Jonathan attended the meeting on behalf of the governor of Bayelsa state then and his name was on the list of those that supported the motion but Jonathan denied it when it was about to go against his candidacy.
2. we heard Babangida Aliyu saying Jonathan had agreement with them to go for only single term but now Jonathan is asking them to present the written agreement with they could not provide because it was a verbal agreement. so, people want ASUU to go back to work with verbal agreement and after the first 200 bilion is released, they stopped funding the project, Jonathan will tell them to provide the document that says they will inject 200 bilion into education for 5 years consecutively. if Jonathan is really since with the agreement, he should direct his AG to sign the agreement and the lecturers resume their Job. for Doyin Okupe, it is unfortunate that he could be lying to the masses, if really 70% have complied, what stop you from sacking the 30% that are not ready to comply. the truth is that not even 1% has complied.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by TechWalker007: 8:37am On Dec 11, 2013
onyxo76: LESSON:- ASUU always gets what it wants!!!

If they always did why this strike?
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2013
Soso990240: What happens to already sacked FUTO lecturers?
The vice chancellor denied it.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by brosun(m): 8:37am On Dec 11, 2013
McLuhan: What a pathetic lie by a shameless government! Why not simply admit that your resume-or-be-sacked gimmick has failed? In which university has there been a "substantial compliance"? Just thank your stars that you and your principals were born in the cesspit of a country called Nigeria, for if it were in saner climes a tout like Wike would not even qualify to be an office cleaner in the Ministry of Education, talkless of ascending to the exalted office of Minister of Education, so as to have the effrontery of ordering professors to sign a register or be sacked! Such nonsense is only possible in Nigeria.
You just nailed it bro!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by unmask: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2013
Ibyno: FG - ASUU just keep fooling nigerians , my uncle in senate said that any time ASUU and fg gather together, they collect sitting allowance ,so to them, they just prefer the allowance and don't want the strike to end, so who is fooling who now ?
Tell ur uncle he should provide images, if not he is a big fat old liar
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by damseltee(f): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2013
FG vs ASUU who will win,finger crossed.Dis is lik season film 2me
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Sirgen05(m): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2013
dryakson: I candidly believed the
continuity of ASUU strike is
politically influenced. what else
do they need?was GEJ the
caused of educational
problems in Nigeria?even is he
can’t ASUU rob mind with him?
yet with 13hours of
deliberations. Nigerians are
tired of this neck struggle. The
tactics of ASUU is outdated.
The struggle is basically
destroying children tomorrow’
especially our girls

You massacred d grammar while on d rush to comment first.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by InvertedHammer: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2013
/
I support ASUU one hundred percent.

It is resiliency like this that gets things done.

Resumption without settling the problems is just kicking a can down the road.

It is never good to give up easily...that's why we as Nigerians are where we are today b/c

we tend to pack up easily. Hence, the politicians take our uproar for just noise pollution.

\

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Mubby4luv(m): 8:54am On Dec 11, 2013
chi4ik: I know I may have written this out of annoyance but to b frank, the rate of insult Nairalanders ar giving GEJ is too much. Hw do U expect foreigners to respect Nig or our president when we ar d one destroying his name? Don't U ppl know that this is internet that anybody all over d world can read? Pls all of us have our own problem $ mistakes but pls let respect this man GEJ $ pray 4 better Nig
Yet again another Clueless post . Mayb he shuld strt respecting his self and be a reasonable leader for once. Talking about disrespect, whr were u wen south Africans Boo'd their president yesterday? Probably cos he and our presido re birds ov the same feather #Team clueless.
Iv na Naija I trust we will do better!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Tolexander: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2013
XLR8:

whats the difference?
don't be a lazy boy!
Google is the room, that free mtn mb is the key to open it!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Dee60: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2013
McLuhan:
Brother, use your brain. There is no such thing as "substantial compliance". Okupe is simply lying. No federal university has resumed lectures. Read all the major newspapers and news websites. If the threat had any prospects of succeeding, do you think the FG would have withdrawn it? It's a face-saving measure by a tactless and irresponsible government whose bluff has been called. Those figures you are quoting - 70%, 80% - are fictional. The questions we should ask ourselves are: Why is the FG refusing to sign an MOU on the resolutions it purportedly reached with ASUU during the famous 13-hour meeting? Does the FG's reluctance to formalise the agreement portray the government as responsible and sincere? Given its current antics and its antecedents with regard to implementing the 2009 Agreement, can this government be trusted to implement an unwritten agreement?

Nigeria now possibly has a 'Ministry of Lies' or call it 'Special Assistant on Lies'

At any rate ASUU should take this as a victory and call the lecturers back to work. The battle cannot all be won in one day. Except Nigerians vote out incompetent and falsehood peddling leaders, ASUU may strike again in the near future. N200billion is nothing if that is to be spent on improving all our universities and rightfully compensating lecturers. All those students shouting down ASUU should also realize this! N200bilion over next 5 years is also still scratching the surface. Likely, the FG will sell the universities to politicians. Guess what will happen then! Who will be the loosers? Not likely the lecturers, I bet you!

This step by FG means victory for ASUU. Call off the strike now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme / NOUN Graduates Now Eligible For NYSC & Law School / UNIZIK Medical Student Reading On The Altar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.