Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers (31709 Views)

AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Mubby4luv(m): 8:58am On Dec 11, 2013
Chartey:
Is your uncle a senator or just a worker at NASS? If he's a senator, tell him they're the ones fooling Nigerians the most. If he's just a worker, tell him to shut up instead of saying what he does not understand.
grin grin Wicked. Watin da uncle do u now
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by brosun(m): 9:07am On Dec 11, 2013
skipo smith007: ...signature is not just something to take for granted....nd by d way @ ASUU, so happy d money as been confirmed.....so wat next
What money has been confirmed? Does ASUU affirm confirmations from media reports of documents shown to the press? For God's sake, why can't GEJ and his hangers-on get it right for once? They are unnecessarily prolonging this strike which ought to have been suspended two weeks ago! ASUU wrote FG a letter conveying the conditions under which its members who wanted the strike suspended wanted it done. Rather than respond to the letter, Wike the tout went screaming blue murder to the public as if he owned the country. He went blackmailing ASUU that it was laying down fresh conditions when all that he needed to do was officially respond to the letter that had been officially written to the FG as ASUU's feedback. The attack rabid dog Okupe is doing the same thing again: showing bank documents to the media when they can quietly do ASUU a letter enclosing these documents! Nigeria is not run on the pages of newspapers and it's time for GEJ to call all these his mad men to order. Nigeria's educational system is in tatters; our students (the power house of our nation) have been home for over six months! Why can't these people see that this nation is bigger than any one person? Why can't these people see the national interest more than the individual egoistic interest? Having reached this point, what stops FG from calling ASUU to the negotiating table, tidy all the grey areas so that our students can go back to school? Holding out in a battle even the blind man knows you cannot win is trying to take this country and all its citizens for granted.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by onyxo76(m): 9:11am On Dec 11, 2013
TechWalker007:

If they always did why this strike?
that's why they always go strike because they know that most if not all their demands will be met. Which other union aside them and PENGASSAN win its 'battles' with FG, NLC tried it last year during fuel subsidy crises and 'sold' out after one week.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by gbishop: 9:11am On Dec 11, 2013
with this few point of yours, we know you re from OKIRIKA. a product of UNIPOrt, ASUUnist
dryakson: I candidly believed the
continuity of ASUU strike is
politically influenced. what else
do they need?was GEJ the
caused of educational
problems in Nigeria?even is he
can’t ASUU rob mind with him?
yet with 13hours of
deliberations. Nigerians are
tired of this neck struggle. The
tactics of ASUU is outdated.
The struggle is basically
destroying children tomorrow’
especially our girls
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by NaLaugh: 9:14am On Dec 11, 2013
face palm..
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by ridlaw(m): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2013
dryakson: I candidly believed the
continuity of ASUU strike is
politically influenced. what else
do they need?was GEJ the
caused of educational
problems in Nigeria?even is he
can’t ASUU rob mind with him?
yet with 13hours of
deliberations. Nigerians are
tired of this neck struggle. The
tactics of ASUU is outdated.
The struggle is basically
destroying children tomorrow’
especially our girls
if the problem didn't start during his ( GEJ ) administration, can't he be the solution? People like you will also say because epileptic power supply didn't start during his administration he shouldn't fix it. Mr man, A true leader must take full responsibility of every situation good or bad. Go to the nearest public school to where ever you are now then come back and tell me about the condition of teaching and learning. DECAY is an understatement to describe how rotten our educational system is and if a drastic action is not taken, im afraid of what is ahead.

1 Like

Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by LeStylo: 9:22am On Dec 11, 2013
Wisdom says "Think before you act". Looks like someone keeps reading this from behind!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Lanretoye(m): 9:24am On Dec 11, 2013
I feel its the govt that is politicizing the future of the country and youths. The CBN govnr is mute on the acknowledgment of 200b,despite the circumstance surrounding this issue derelicting it to the deputy cbn govnr. Tomorrow the will come out to dispute the claim or reciept, I just fell like waking some sleeping citizens up with slaps from their slumber.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Moxie4lyf(m): 9:27am On Dec 11, 2013
Ibyno: FG - ASUU just keep fooling nigerians , my uncle in senate said that any time ASUU and fg gather together, they collect sitting allowance ,so to them, they just prefer the allowance and don't want the strike to end, so who is fooling who now ?

Why Not ask that your Uncle what keeps Jonathan from signing the agreement.
Why not ask that your Uncle of all the allowances they Receive themselves;newspaper allowance,security allowance,ashawo allowance etc
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by bharyur2103(m): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2013
You know GEJ hardly knows what he is doing when he resorted to such drastic measure in a democratic state.Why would such a tactic work in a democracy when it amounted to an utter failure during the military regime?Also,where did Okupe see the 70% complaince he mentioned?I guess he dreamt abt it when he took he siesta...What a joke!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by hermesprogidy(m): 9:35am On Dec 11, 2013
Billyonaire: Many Nairalanders and Nigerians by extension will criticize the Presidency and infact the Federal Government for withdrawing the Ultimatum, because of the refracted psychological bastardization of our psyche by the military regimes. Now, most people are inclined to think that Federal MUST COMMAND, and ASUU must OBEY THE LAST COMMAND.

But I want to admonish all us, that we are in a DEMOCRACY, where deliberations, criticisms and even outfight are permitted in so far it is for greater good of the people of Nigeria.

Last Bullet: Surrender is actually a weapon of control and one of the basic tactics in the Laws of Power.

Read more, and be equipped with knowledge beyond the jungle the military put us in.

Bro, what you said is very apt, but your thought pattern and opinion does not apply in this ASUU/FG scenario.. The FG made a humongous blunder by issuing the ultimatum and simply boxed itself into a corner. By issuing the ultimatum, FG simply showed desperation and predictability. One of the laws of power play is for you never to be predictable. Surrender is definitely a good strategy in power play, but a better way of surrendering would have been to sign the 200 billion naira he is now signing in the first place!!.. let's tell ourselves the truth, the FG did not think this through and just acted like power drunk ignoramuses.
The important thing now is, when are they calling off the strike? How soon will these ASUU championioned reforms commence?
If you interact with some of our graduates and undergraduates, you will be forced to remove any ethnic and political biases and stand for the truth.. Our educational system is whitewash. God bless Nigeria
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Romanticboy1(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2013
all dis news is pure trash,so disappointed!
What a pity
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by gentlelyfe(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2013
seems d FG is not capable of handling ASUU...it is alwys sed ...if u cant beat them,then join them....d FG shd jst do wat ASUU wants n stop isueing threats
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Enoquin(f): 9:46am On Dec 11, 2013
The FG can be likened to my club Man U, where back passing is a norm.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Moxie4lyf(m): 9:50am On Dec 11, 2013
chi4ik: I can't reply any insult of yours but d message I'm passing here is that GEJ is somebodies parent $ will U all b happy if someone is insulting your parents like this? I'm sure even if Mandela becomes d president of Nigeria, U guys will still insult him.

this dude, you suck big time...
What has being a parent got to do with Good governance...
For heaven sake, Nigeria is not his family.
So he should be exempted from corrections and rebukes when he seems to have lost his way?
Dude,you better wake..'cos in this age we are in,your kind of reasoning is good enough to give you slaps for
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Moxie4lyf(m): 9:53am On Dec 11, 2013
BADNEAT: in as much as I'm not a fan of the Jonathan administration, I must say they used a good strategy here. ..by issuing the sack ultimatum and getting students and over 70percent of lecturers back to school, ,the ultimatum has achieved its aims...
Jonathan of all people knw there was no way he could sack and recruit new lecturers just like that..it'll take several month for them to fit in...he also knw that the sack threat was going to get most lecturers back to school. ...lecturers of which 80percent of them are no longer in support of the strike action needed nothing more than a reason to go back to school. .and Jonathan gave them that...with the sack threat..the ASUU chapters cannot firmly say they've been betrayed by the lecturers. ...JONAH USED HIS HEAD
He didnt Use His Head Mr. Man, His Head Used Him....
Who even gave them the statisticts that 70% of Lecturers had resumed...
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by 5alive(m): 9:55am On Dec 11, 2013
shehuAO: What did I said earlier,Wike and Okupe are not good spokes pple of govt.its unfortunate Oga president employed these type of riffraffs in his cabinet.its not good to appoint an ordinary farmers to held these posts than these illiterate lair politicians.ASUU I continue to hail you people.don't give up till necessary agreement is sign by both parties.don't rely on that fake document from CBN.it is possible Okupe and Wike can forge it.we can no longer rely on these fake politicians.God bless ASUU.

Who is this? See brighter grammar. And na person pikin be dis o. Jesus wept!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by XLR8(m): 9:58am On Dec 11, 2013
Tolexander: don't be a lazy boy!
Google is the room, that free mtn mb is the key to open it!

am telling that they are the same
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Cutemichelle(f): 10:02am On Dec 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?
naw the bolded got me cracking! jxt praying 4 dis country. embarassed
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Phemmy99(m): 10:07am On Dec 11, 2013
All these people claiming dt nigerian graduates can't speak fluent english,,,i can't see that as the fault of tertiary institutions,,,anybody who went to a good primary and secondary school would definitely speak good english.....
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Evansedos: 10:09am On Dec 11, 2013
[i][/i]The show must go on.......
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Phemmy99(m): 10:10am On Dec 11, 2013
Is strike the best thing the education sector needs at this particular point in time??,,,i will also implore FG to put themselves in a position that they can be trusted...
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by donkefe(m): 10:13am On Dec 11, 2013
I regreted d first day I noticed am a Nigerian. what a pity!!!!!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by TechWalker007: 10:15am On Dec 11, 2013
chi4ik: I know I may have written this out of annoyance but to b frank, the rate of insult Nairalanders ar giving GEJ is too much. Hw do U expect foreigners to respect Nig or our president when we ar d one destroying his name? Don't U ppl know that this is internet that anybody all over d world can read? Pls all of us have our own problem $ mistakes but pls let respect this man GEJ $ pray 4 better Nig

You are right. But don't let them make you think it's the whole Nigeria that's insulting the president.
It's the opposition leaders and supporters from the West and North. Specifically APC.
The simple reason is because GEJ from a monitory and a Christian Southerner is president.
Take it from me, they have shot themselves in the foot. That seat will be too hot by the time an APC leader get there (that's if it ever happens).
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by brosun(m): 10:16am On Dec 11, 2013
BADNEAT: in as much as I'm not a fan of the Jonathan administration, I must say they used a good strategy here. ..by issuing the sack ultimatum and getting students and over 70percent of lecturers back to school, ,the ultimatum has achieved its aims...
Jonathan of all people knw there was no way he could sack and recruit new lecturers just like that..it'll take several month for them to fit in...he also knw that the sack threat was going to get most lecturers back to school. ...lecturers of which 80percent of them are no longer in support of the strike action needed nothing more than a reason to go back to school. .and Jonathan gave them that...with the sack threat..the ASUU chapters cannot firmly say they've been betrayed by the lecturers. ...JONAH USED HIS HEAD
70% of lecturers are back to work and lectures are not going on in our public universities? You must be high on something! And how did you know that "80% of lecturers are no longer in support of the stike? I tell you, boy, if the FG got as much as 20% of lecturers signing the register to return to classes, the FG would not have chickened out as it has so disgracefully done! You need to do better research and be sure of the statistics you so arrogantly (and ignorantly) push out!
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by TechWalker007: 10:18am On Dec 11, 2013
Moxie4lyf:

this dude, you suck big time...
What has being a parent got to do with Good governance...
For heaven sake, Nigeria is not his family.
So he should be exempted from corrections and rebukes when he seems to have lost his way?
Dude,you better wake..'cos in this age we are in,your kind of reasoning is good enough to give you slaps for

You hypocrite sounding like you care about good governance. You think everyone is gullible like you.
I live in Lagos so I'll like to hear about good governance in the past 2years.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Lol. Dis government is becoming a joke. They made a very big mistake by giving ASUU d ultimatum cos no trade union will take dis government serious any longer. Wot is d compensation for lecturers dat complied with federal govt directive?i still dont know why it is very difficult for dem to sign ordinary paper. Abi how much is d pen?

Pen is just #20
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by TechWalker007: 10:20am On Dec 11, 2013
onyxo76: that's why they always go strike because they know that most if not all their demands will be met. Which other union aside them and PENGASSAN win its 'battles' with FG, NLC tried it last year during fuel subsidy crises and 'sold' out after one week.

It means you don't know what's happening. Their cry is that they have not been getting what they want even when past governments promised to.
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by GentleFrank(m): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2013
Lol, Nice decision. Where 2 elephants fight, the grass suffers it !
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by perowat: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2013
Choi! My friend said it, and now it is true that just like MAULAG, case was reversed by fg he will also reverse this altimatum, i really don't want to blame him(fg) it is obvious that he does not understand d meaning of GCOFR and his board of advisers will not explain it to him
Re: ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 11, 2013
Okupe said 70% of lecturers complied with the directive. Where did he get such data from? grin Abeg, Okupe, just simply accept you and ur oga are losers cos una no fit sack lecturers. grin ASUU has won 97% of the battle already and fg hasnt won any. Take it that way or leave it, ASUU is coming out victoriously. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Universities, Polys Adopt Fresh Measures For Post-utme / NOUN Graduates Now Eligible For NYSC & Law School / UNIZIK Medical Student Reading On The Altar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.