Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Making Love & Raising A Family - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making Love & Raising A Family (63622 Views)

Thinking Of Raising A Family? Know Your Blood Rhesus Factor / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Raising A Child To Speak English In Nigeria: Is It Proper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by lukesh(m): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2013
This is the most matured thread i have seen on NL both by the OP and contributors, kudos

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2013
neneslim: sori to interupt, am married with a cute boy nd my marriage is over a year nw, am in my 20s so is my wife (pretty young huh) i love my wife dearly and everytin seems ok until couple of m0nths ago wen her m0m start coming nd trying to make decision 4 us, wenever she is around everyting in my house change,i no longer see my wife beside me watching movies or spending time together, al her time she spent them in the guest room with her m0m nd weneva she cums out her attitude changes nd she become angry at any word i speak,few days ago i reported her(my wife) to her aunt nd her aunt ask her, i dnt knw wat happen at the background bt after her aunt left a whole new fight erupted, dis time is my mother inlaw nd me which is quit absurd, she told me to my face that she once told her daughter nt to marry me for sum reason she neva gave bt she went ahead nd married me,she said some ugly stuf that am even ashamed to write here, and it was obviouse it because i told sum1 abt the whole tin she is doing nd al dis while she was naggin nd insulting me, my wife kept mute nd i neva said a word cos she told me she wil make her daughter leave me nd i wont be able to to take custody of my son til he is 7yrs(according to sharia law). . . .for weeks we never ve peace in the house cos everyday new issues keep coming up until she left abt 2weeks ago nd nw the wife i fell inlove with and married is back nd calm nw that for almost 2weeks nw we ve neva experience a slight agurement tlk more of exchanging words,we started eating together againg nd even spend time inside the kitchen together cooking nd cleaning, she is back to her funny loving ways. Bottom line is, its nt jst guys mums atimes thats the problem, i pray no guy experience dis again cos during dis hard periods my wife tinks i hate her mun nd she get vry defensive of her cos she taught i like looking down on her family nd nw her brothers stop talking to me nd nt even picking my cals for wateva reason i dnt knw nd al am doing is nt allowing other family members interfere with my decisions or trying to make a decision for my family cos the taught am young nd i ve tried so much to keep my own family away.
No be small tin o! Shuu! shocked
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Coogar, to u specifically pls.
Will u CIA ur wife?

my ego is too huge for such.
CIA my wife? never. i didn't even CIA girlfriends. only insecure people stoop that low.

Baby mama:
People do it

A woman will fight another in the streets,tear pant and bra and act a fool because she thinks the other woman is trying to snatch or snatched her man
Tufia

why not face the man?

The one I know I will certainly do something is walking in on a woman in my matrimonial bed or uncompromising position in my home
Wallahi that woman will run out to the streets stark naked,no two ways abourrit it
That will be your punishment for having the nerve to invade my space
If you don't run out butt nakid ,my name is not baby mama

what if she's well-built like a traditional wrestler? you would take her head-on? grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2013
Efe & BM, una no be here o! shocked Dis love it haf tey!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by ManchyBabe: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2013
When I first got married, I used to make the mistake of over flogging things when I knew I was right and I would over talk . . .to the point that I will misjive. Guess what! its the one misjived sentence/word that he will pick up on and he will use that.

Thanks You! This is me right here! Unfortunately I still havnt learnt how not to go overboard and just shut it..

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2013
ManchyBabe: When I first got married, I used to make the mistake of over flogging things when I knew I was right and I would over talk . . .to the point that I will misjive. Guess what! its the one misjived sentence/word that he will pick up on and he will use that.

Thanks You! This is me right here! Unfortunately I still havnt learnt how not to go overboard and just shut it..

before nko?
men are intelligent beings. we will get you to talk & talk while looking for the slightest of error. that's what i will capitalise on to avoid apologising. grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by EfemenaXY: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
neneslim: sori to interupt, am married with a cute boy nd my marriage is over a year nw, am in my 20s so is my wife (pretty young huh) i love my wife dearly and everytin seems ok until couple of m0nths ago wen her m0m start coming nd trying to make decision 4 us, wenever she is around everyting in my house change,i no longer see my wife beside me watching movies or spending time together, al her time she spent them in the guest room with her m0m nd weneva she cums out her attitude changes nd she become angry at any word i speak,few days ago i reported her(my wife) to her aunt nd her aunt ask her, i dnt knw wat happen at the background bt after her aunt left a whole new fight erupted, dis time is my mother inlaw nd me which is quit absurd, she told me to my face that she once told her daughter nt to marry me for sum reason she neva gave bt she went ahead nd married me,she said some ugly stuf that am even ashamed to write here, and it was obviouse it because i told sum1 abt the whole tin she is doing nd al dis while she was naggin nd insulting me, my wife kept mute nd i neva said a word cos she told me she wil make her daughter leave me nd i wont be able to to take custody of my son til he is 7yrs(according to sharia law). . . .for weeks we never ve peace in the house cos everyday new issues keep coming up until she left abt 2weeks ago nd nw the wife i fell inlove with and married is back nd calm nw that for almost 2weeks nw we ve neva experience a slight agurement tlk more of exchanging words,we started eating together againg nd even spend time inside the kitchen together cooking nd cleaning, she is back to her funny loving ways. Bottom line is, its nt jst guys mums atimes thats the problem, i pray no guy experience dis again cos during dis hard periods my wife tinks i hate her mun nd she get vry defensive of her cos she taught i like looking down on her family nd nw her brothers stop talking to me nd nt even picking my cals for wateva reason i dnt knw nd al am doing is nt allowing other family members interfere with my decisions or trying to make a decision for my family cos the taught am young nd i ve tried so much to keep my own family away.

I think Baby mama touched on inlaws...mother-in-laws to be precise.

I know it's going to be hard, but do everything you possibly can to win her over to you. If she isn't literate, make allowances for that and don't judge her too harshly. Treat her exactly the way you'll treat your own mother - with love.

Every human responds to love and your mother-in-law is no exception. Listen to what she has to say and don't argue with her - give her that respect. But remember, even though you listen quietly to her, it doesn't mean you agree with her.

Sounds like your wife is from a very close-knit family and you saw first hand how she and her siblings reacted when they felt you were against their mother. So avoid getting into an argument with her mother. Humour her and suffocate her with kindness and love. In time, she'll change for the better.

Just keep strong and don't despair.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nnekacherry: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2013
Baby mama:

I didn't do it in my early years either

I know a woman that followed her husband for miles driving to know the home of his girlfriend
She will hide inside bush to catch them coming out of restaurants and she was no child.
She will call and confront the women
Check his phone and call the female names introducing herself as his wife and asking them to back off
Making a fool of herself and collecting insults from sluts
That is so low
I can't degrade myself in such a way
Tua!

Wow.. This is too bad..
How can an adult degrade herself to this extent. That's the easiest way to lose her dignity..

I quite understand her being jealous, but she should have handled the situation like an adult..
Some women sha..
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
HOW DO YOU HANDLE DISAGREEMENT? If you have disagreements, does your boyfriend/man have good conflict resolution skills? Or he always has this attitude of it is never my fault, or is even sarcastic, use unprintable words on you or even worse, assaults you? Ladies, if this is a pattern, this is very dangerous. If he can't handle disagreement when single, how would he do so when he is married? BEWARE!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
coogar:

before nko?
men are intelligent beings. we will get you to talk & talk while looking for the slightest of error. that's what i will capitalise on to avoid apologising. grin

Lol....for someone lyk me who can over-talk, dis is definitely one good way of catching me.

He go just keep quiet nd be watching while I keep raking, when it's tym for apology, i'll be the one to start apologizing again. Me, i use to ask for my own sorry oo...something lyk 'am i the only one that would say sorry'? embarassed *with d cartoon face*
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nnekacherry: 7:47pm On Dec 14, 2013
ManchyBabe: When I first got married, I used to make the mistake of over flogging things when I knew I was right and I would over talk . . .to the point that I will misjive. Guess what! its the one misjived sentence/word that he will pick up on and he will use that.

Lol.. Exactly..
I wonder why they do that.. They will leave every other thing you have said and pick up that one error..
What i do now is that i think before i talk, no matter how angry i am at that particular time.. Because i know he is listening and might pick up something..
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Ngokafor(f): 8:28pm On Dec 14, 2013
carmelion:

Aunty CC,this your write up jsut reminded of one article I read from a newspaper column(I love litreature).

A lady wanted to do something different to spice up her marriage as it was getting monotonous.So she decided to have a candlelit dinner just for she and hubby.

So later in the evening,she made sure she prepared the food on time,fed the kids and sent them to bed.

Then she turned off the lights,lit her candle and then set up the dinning with her husbands favouritesmiley

She also made herself look very sensual.T he husband came back and guess what?

He thought it was PHCN doing their work but then the wife expalined that she purposely turned the lights off.

He started fuming with anger,and shouted at her

"Why do you like behaving like a child?And adult palying with candle?So what will you do if a child plays with a candle in front of you?Do you want to burn my house?

Bla bla bla...he ended up spoiling the whole mood.The wife went to bed in tears.

Some men are not just it at alllllsad

No aiota of romance at all.mtcheeew

ROTFL!!...what a mood killer!..
..e reach to cry abeg..poor woman..
carmelion:

Aunty CC,this your write up jsut reminded of one article I read from a newspaper column(I love litreature).

A lady wanted to do something different to spice up her marriage as it was getting monotonous.So she decided to have a candlelit dinner just for she and hubby.

So later in the evening,she made sure she prepared the food on time,fed the kids and sent them to bed.

Then she turned off the lights,lit her candle and then set up the dinning with her husbands favouritesmiley

He thought it was PHCN doing their work but then the wife expalined that she purposely turned the lights off.

"Why do you like behaving like a child?And adult palying with candle?So what will you do if a child plays with a candle in front of you?Do you want to burn my house?

Bla bla bla...he ended up spoiling the whole mood.The wife went to bed in tears.

carmelion:

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
At times it good to give I don't care face when there is an argument than talking so as not to misyan. Especially if u know u r right. Make ur point known and shut up. Let him do the talking and u just sit and listen. If he didn't apologise, get up and go about ur normal biz even though u r fuming inside.
I tell u, he will be curious and a little bit scared.
U give him a blank look if he tried to subtly get u talking.
Most of them r very uncomfortable with this and they end up misyaning and eventually apologising.
For the bad gals, u can capitalise on d misyarn too.
Gals r wise up there, its just that they r too afraid to explore what nature deposited in them.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Thanks Coogar for ur answer.
I'm very relieved.
At least there is still hope for my sis.
God thank u o!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 8:46pm On Dec 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Thanks Coogar for ur answer.
I'm very relieved.
At least there is still hope for my sis.
God thank u o!

you want to gimme your sister? nice! grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Saraha1(f): 9:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
Am enjoying every bite of this thread. Thanks to every one who contributed one way or the other.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by God2man(m): 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2013
Le chemin, La verite, La vie.

The hardest part is how to deal with in- laws. The best thing to do is not to allow them in your family affair. Keep your secret secret. Involving them may spell doom.

@ Babymama, i sincerely hope that one day, you will become a good marriage counsellor.

Thank you very much.

God bless you.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2013
Nice one baby mama, i dy follow u lyk he-goat dy follow she-goat. Learnd a lot o, m nt married though bt i dnt tink to say sorry wil ever b a problem for me personally. I knw of dis book dat butress dix pointx of urx, its title is 'men are from mars, women are from venus'. Moxt muxt av heard abt it tho, jxt wanna share wat i tink wil help. Nd abt d sex b4 marriage thang, ix it advixable? Cox i dnt wanna get married to a brick o. How do i knw b4 d 'koko' (marriage) dat xhe ix 'flexible'.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2013
An 'epistle'? Mods, really cheesy
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2013

You folks need to agree and put some rules in place regarding the inlaws on both sides and stick to that rule
Obviously you love each other
Don't let your folks or hers ruin this
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 14, 2013
Octævius: Nice one baby mama, i dy follow u lyk he-goat dy follow she-goat. Learnd a lot o, m nt married though bt i dnt tink to say sorry wil ever b a problem for me personally. I knw of dis book dat butress dix pointx of urx, its title is 'men are from mars, women are from venus'. Moxt muxt av heard abt it tho, jxt wanna share wat i tink wil help. Nd abt d sex b4 marriage thang, ix it advixable? Cox i dnt wanna get married to a brick o. How do i knw b4 d 'koko' (marriage) dat xhe ix 'flexible'.

That is the issue we have tried to address earlier
Coogar,dayo,jennykadry and ihedinobi addressed the part about waiting vs testing
I wanted to wait but I was tempted and we test drove and test drove some more
grin.thank God the trumpet didn't sound then
It is tough with someone you are passionate about
We actually had to do the court wedding earlier because we felt guilty about chopping before marriage cheesy
My mother said no chopping till white wedding,I ignored her,we were already legally married by the courts so chopping was going on uninhibited
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 14, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Osisi, this story get as e be.

What sort of freak was that man? Like you say, the woman matured in the relationship with an (increased?) sex drive and the man just remained stagnant. You see how we women suffer?

She had to endure a decade of sex.u@l frustration at his hands - but if it were the other way round, the man can go seek solace outside but not the woman. So unfair...

Just wondering though: did the man re-marry and if he did, is he happier now?

I'm not one for rowdy threads jare. If it gets too much, I go just waka without looking back, lest I turn into a pillar of salt cheesy

But on a more serious note, what advice would you have given the couple in Baby mama's story about the clumsy husband?

No he is not remarried yet
Is it easy
The only woman that will marry him is one that agrees to no sex prior but sooner or later she must pick race too
Word on the street is that his manhood sef dey pediatric in nature lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2013

That was me too
Trying to get your point across sometimes is pointless and you may make matters worse
Just get a good bar of chocolate and allow it melt slowly in your mouth
Turn on youtube and watch flavor n'abania kwarikwarikwa grin
Just some good Naija music while soaking in a tub will do
There are many things one can do nowadays.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by freecocoa(f): 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
Learnt a lot from this.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by damiso(f): 12:17am On Dec 15, 2013
I think its a female thing to talk talk especially when you are talking to someone who is quiet or calm angry angry angry Or says must we talk about this now.Like most people have said, I would practically not sleep all night wake up and be shooting daggers at him while he is blissfully snoring away angry grin.One day I thought to myself haa you will just give yourself high bp over someone who is just doing his own thing.So now like YPP and baby mama said I just bite my tongue and say nothing.Blank face even though am boiling inside. smiley wink.He ABSOLUTELY hates it. grin grin.So its me that should be talking like a broken record when someone is watching Match of The Day and probably did not hear half of what I was saying.Naaa two can play that game grin grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 15, 2013
Baby mama:

That is the issue we have tried to address earlier
Coogar,dayo,jennykadry and ihedinobi addressed the part about waiting vs testing
I wanted to wait but I was tempted and we test drove and test drove some more
grin.thank God the trumpet didn't sound then
It is tough with someone you are passionate about
We actually had to do the court wedding earlier because we felt guilty about chopping before marriage cheesy
My mother said no chopping till white wedding,I ignored her,we were already legally married by the courts so chopping was going on uninhibited
*in Olamide's voice* body no be firewood, mi de kinshe robot. Ama put it on a scale of preference, i would like 2 test run bt dr ix dix feelin i av. Wat if we test run nd we didnt get married at last, wont she feel used or xumtin?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by dayokanu(m): 1:04am On Dec 15, 2013
Baby mama:

I know a couple that attended sex therapy upon sex therapy, at at least 4 different therapists ,bought gadgets upon gadgets they are now happily divorced
They were both novices at marriage but the woman matured and wanted excitement and the bobo was still carrying King James Bible inside bed
She tried everything
Ordered everything
Birthdays she will order edible lingerie to have the man lick the thing off of her,bobo will doze off shocked shocked
I have never heard of such a lousy lover
I told her Nne be careful,there are soldier ants in your area o grin
Before you too doze off with sugar around you and ants descend on you in the process because you are doing romance

This girl did all but the man was just a disgrace in bed and even when he tried,he was too mechanical and his hands would poke her in places so mechanically and she will have to say ouch because he hurt her
No emotions whatsoever
She left him and his good pay Check
She got a good alimony and child support though
A least she was compensated financially for a decade of torture
The number one reason she left was the lack of bedroom skills
Some people are that bad

Ihedinobi would say maybe they didnt love each other or that was a bounce off relationship
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by nikkyshyne(f): 6:40am On Dec 15, 2013
lukesh: This is the most matured thread i have seen on NL both by the OP and contributors, kudos
I couldn't agree more.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by kemmary: 7:28am On Dec 15, 2013
Since I joined NL, family section had been my place cos of d likes of cc, baby mama, ypp, Nash, coogar, Dayo etc. I just read most times and don't comment. I have bin following this thread since day one n have learned a lot. I look forward to some people's posts when I enter some threads. Baby mama gives me d radical aspect while chaircover uses the cool headed christian way. Tnx a lot u all kiss

Surprised not to have read any post by Nash and Kulyie
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 15, 2013
dayokanu:

Ihedinobi would say maybe they didnt love each other or that was a bounce off relationship
Would you say that the man really loved the woman? Men fall in love and start buying flowers that make them sneeze, taking the trouble to make themselves more attractive for their lady, building up their finances to be able to give her beautiful things and make her comfortable in his home. Is it in sex that they will fall back? Ahn ahn na. That is where they'll unleash every bit of their resourcefulness. The guy could hardly be said to love her, bro. Nobody needs me to say it to realize it's true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (44) (Reply)

Help! There's Something Strange In My Room / He Found Out His Wife Is A Hermaphrodite On Their Honeymoon! What Is Your Take? / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.