Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Making Love & Raising A Family - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making Love & Raising A Family (64377 Views)

Thinking Of Raising A Family? Know Your Blood Rhesus Factor / Which Should Come First Between Career & Marriage In A Family? / Raising A Child To Speak English In Nigeria: Is It Proper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Thank you oh. Some Nigerian men and women are just too frigid in bedmatics.

A question to the men: are you comfortable with your wife initiating sex?
Yes! Why is she your wife in the first place? I find it amusing when men call theìr wives sluts for initiating sex. That's just weird.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2013
Thank u ihedinobi(what is in my heart)
At least u grabbed what I was trying to point out.
Any how u were b4 marriage, pls try and maintain it. Let it not grow out of proportion.
Some even bleach their skin so tee u will notice stretch marks near the armpits and wherever.
A huge turn off.
We now ran our mouth any how cos we r married. No sense of decorum again.
I concentrated on women only cos I am one.
The same thing goes to men too.
I just can't imagine a biggie belle doing it with me.

Buky, yes ur man has to help u get back to shape but pls don't wait for him b4 u do d needful. He might never tell u that.

Common, I always adore a married woman looking lovely than a single one.
Any man that refuses to acknowledge the time and effort of his wife to continue looking special is ewu(goat).

Any time any day, give me a lady like keme chikwe over PEJ. Why won't men run after her even at her age?

I also know that keeping fit majorly depends on ur body type but u can do it.

In my viccinity b4, I use to do a one hour jogging every evening after work. Then d family responsibility hasn't increased.
Now I hardly hv d time so I use treadmill mostly at night after resting and feeding my baby cos I don't usually go back to sleep immediately.
U don't hv treadmill pls stop drinking coke and lacasera like sachet water.
U eat to live not live to eat.
Consider ur health also.
How I wish we can religiously look after our body, it will minimise a lot of damages.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 16, 2013
bukatyne:

Your cultural customs does not apply in a public gathering else Jonathan's customs might be to eat N1m food daily with our money grin
I think there's some disconnect between what you're arguing and what CC is talking about.

Say, we're at a function where everyone queues to get their food. My wife can serve you with paper plates or china. You could pick up a china and take to her to serve you, if you like, or you can accept a paper plate from her. She will serve you fairly at your turn. But she waits to serve everyone else before taking a china to dish a portion and bring to me and that's wrong?

It isn't. I do not usurp anybody's turn at the queue nor does she for my sake. The china is not out of bounds for everyone else. I get the same food even if she gives me choice portions.

Now, even if the china is out of bounds to others and I get served better food than others, that can hardly be wrong when you consider that my wife is doing a duty out of charity. It's hardly immoral that she should make a difference in serving her own husband, don't you agree?
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 16, 2013
chaircover:

You don’t seem to get it. It was a serve yourself party. People came up to the chaffing dishes and served themselves. When I say serve I was standing there assisting anyone who wanted help and putting more food in the chaffing dishes.

BTW my husband ate last. He got served after everyone had eaten and some people were coming with bowls for take away. I could have served my husband first, but I didn’t; I could have left my post and gone to serve him, but I didn’t. I made sure that everyone was OK before tending to my own husband.

As for people talking about it, the only discussion I expect to hear is that this woman does not play with her husband and a thank you for hard work.

I don’t have to respond and explain all this, but since you have turned it into a “this is why Nigeria is bad” discussion, then I am taking the time to explain the events to you. I was there so I know what it was all about.

Meanwhile the flip side of this meant that when everyone was at home by 2pm catching up on the Mandela Funeral events, I and 2 other women were battling with washing coolers in a sink (anyone who has tried that knows how hard it is) and sweeping up rice at 5pm . . . .free me abeg.
Exactly! I for save my data o! grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Thank u ihedinobi(what is in my heart)
At least u grabbed what I was trying to point out.
Any how u were b4 marriage, pls try and maintain it. Let it not grow out of proportion.
Some even bleach their skin so tee u will notice stretch marks near the armpits and wherever.
A huge turn off.
We now ran our mouth any how cos we r married. No sense of decorum again.
I concentrated on women only cos I am one.
The same thing goes to men too.
I just can't imagine a biggie belle doing it with me.

Buky, yes ur man has to help u get back to shape but pls don't wait for him b4 u do d needful. He might never tell u that.

Common, I always adore a married woman looking lovely than a single one.
Any man that refuses to acknowledge the time and effort of his wife to continue looking special is ewu(goat).

Any time any day, give me a lady like keme chikwe over PEJ. Why won't men run after her even at her age?

I also know that keeping fit majorly depends on ur body type but u can do it.

In my viccinity b4, I use to do a one hour jogging every evening after work. Then d family responsibility hasn't increased.
Now I hardly hv d time so I use treadmill mostly at night after resting and feeding my baby cos I don't usually go back to sleep immediately.
U don't hv treadmill pls stop drinking coke and lacasera like sachet water.
U eat to live not live to eat.
Consider ur health also.
How I wish we can religiously look after our body, it will minimise a lot of damages.
Amen sister. Preach it! cheesy
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Amen sister. Preach it! cheesy
Yes o! My brother, this thing necessary o! The other day m huru nwaanyi ji ike di ka billboard na afo di ka travelling box na-amu big coke ato! That was so funny.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 16, 2013
CC, then stop going on diet. I don't even endorse it.
Exercise but target those particular places u want to reduce.

Do firming exercise too. I tell u, ur bombom will still be intact so also d booby.
Its very good for the heart pls.
Reduces osteriosis and the likes.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 16, 2013
PocketEconomist: Yes o! My brother, this thing necessary o! The other day m huru nwaanyi ji ike di ka billboard na afo di ka travelling box na-amu big coke ato! That was so funny.
Now that is serious!
Hubby is d soft drink type. That guy can guzzle pepsi like water. When we were dating, I used to wonder how I will live with such man.
I even opened a thread over his obsession with sugary things.
He goes to the gym so u will not notice d impact and he is on d big side.
Today, at times I beg him to take pepsi. I sometimes buy for him. No more milo and nutri c, tang, chivita and co. Its discipline and I instilled that in him. Don't want any big belle and sicki sicki around me. No more kfc chicken and fries. Just an ocassional thing.
I hv to overhaul his eating culture.
Pls let's watch what enters our mouth.
The kind of food we prepare, its very very important.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 16, 2013
chaircover:

Dont mind me YPP. When I want quick results I go on a diet, I then use the gym to maintain and tone. For example I know that I am going to eat over Xmas, so in Janauary I go on one of my detox diets and it all falls off again . . .but for some bizzare reason I go down bra sizes.

I guess we are all built differently. My friend lost weight and went down a shoe size. Very bizzare.
Then u can maintain it if it works for u.
I tend to expand on d hip side if I add and up too. I don't like that cos I hv to change my entire wardrobe to accomodate my hip and booby. I'm not lepa type.more like mariah carey b4 she gave birth and bigger than her after giving birth so I hv to tone it down to a little less than how she presently look.

So after doing all these and hubby still decide to floricate, oh my, I will kick his butt out! And I mean it.
Nansense!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Abali1(m): 11:54am On Dec 16, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Hei, hei, hei.
Pls make una wait a minute.
We r trying to be real here.

CC, I mean one should try and maintain that figure her man met her with. Lepa or biggie biggie. Some biggies have very nice shape, maintaining it is the koko.
There r many things that r basically a turn off for men.
Third leg didn't go to school. A lot of men r what we call abali agba aka( no night w'out a woman)type of guys.

U marry such, u gat to keep it up or anything can happen. That is the way they r wired. And a lot more.
We can't pretend all these don't happen and wish them away. We gat to face them by telling ourselves the truth, do our part dilligently and if that man still want to be like a he-goat, then d door is wide open.
YPP,
Odighi kwa ihe m' mere gi gbo....You don drag my name come this thread.....
Good thread and I am learning.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2013
chaircover:

Dont mind me YPP. When I want quick results I go on a diet, I then use the gym to maintain and tone. For example I know that I am going to eat over Xmas, so in Janauary I go on one of my detox diets and it all falls off again . . .but for some bizzare reason I go down bra sizes.

I guess we are all built differently. My friend lost weight and went down a shoe size. Very bizzare.
Shoe size?! shocked Na real wa o!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2013
PocketEconomist: Yes o! My brother, this thing necessary o! The other day m huru nwaanyi ji ike di ka billboard na afo di ka travelling box na-amu big coke ato! That was so funny.
Nnaa, you wicked! See description grin grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
I tend to expand on d hip side if I add and up too. I don't like that cos I hv to change my entire wardrobe to accomodate my hip and booby. I'm not lepa type.more like mariah carey b4 she gave birth and bigger than her after giving birth so I hv to tone it down to a little less than how she presently look.

So after doing all these and hubby still decide to floricate, oh my, I will kick his butt out! And I mean it.
Nansense!
No be here matter! grin grin
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

Nansense!
repeat this prayer after me (if you need it) may your husband never fall into temptation, may he continue to love admire and cherish you. Did i hear amen? You be correct woman abeg.
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2013
chaircover:
Yesterday I was at a party in church and all the men were standing in the queue with their paper plates. I served them all. Then the other ladies in the room said that they hadn't seen my husband in the queue. I said Queue Ke!!! when his olori is around? I said i was waiting to finish serving.

I then opened the pastors cupboard and took out a proper china plate and served my husband good food and took it to him.

Let them watch and learn.

CC, ori yin wa n be!
This is exactly what I intend doing when I get married; I've had it in mind for a very long time!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 16, 2013
If all wives starts opening pastors cupboard for China plate, who will then use the paper plate undecided.

So CC what do you want them to learn here?
No vex o, I want to understand too

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2013
PocketEconomist: Thank you very much! I always joked back then that you know a married woman from a single woman.

The married woman looking shabby(please forgive me for using such word) and the single babes looking good and attractive. I believe it's that mindset that i'm hooked and i'm not looking for husband again of some women that causes it. In summary, Women should look their best at all times.

PE, that was then oh. Nowadays, married women are giving single ladies a run for their money.

In church when I see married women, I marvel at the way they carry and take care of themselves. One can't even tell they are married/have given birth till one sees their wedding rings; see them beside their husbands or walking with their children.

Nowadays, most married women have sharpen up; they take PANASHARP!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
Chillisauce: If all wives starts opening pastors cupboard for China plate, who will then use the paper plate undecided.

So CC what do you want them to learn here?
No vex o, I want to understand too

she wants the other women to learn to treat their husbands like kings. basically, only single men & women should be on that queue, not married folks. husbands should be served by their wives.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
Abali bro mi, abeg forgive me o!
I dey do illustration na! cheesy
Happy u enjoy the thread.

Pocketeconony, ur head there!
Baaaad boi!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

PE, that was then oh. Nowadays, married women are giving single ladies a run for their money.

In church when I see married women, I marvel at the way they carry and take care of themselves. One can't even tell they are married/have given birth till one sees their wedding rings; see them beside their husbands or walking with their children.

Nowadays, most married women have sharpen up; they take PANASHARP!
Ur head correct babe!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
YES, MA'AM! grin

Your head dey there!
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

she wants the other women to learn to treat their husbands like kings. basically, only single men & women should be on that queue, not married folks. husbands should be served by their wives.

So we are still saying all the wives present should open the pastors cupboard for higher grade plate quality just to show that they serve and treat the husbands as kings.

3 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 12:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
Chillisauce:
So we are still saying all the wives present should open the pastors cupboard for higher grade plate quality just to show that they serve and treat the husbands as kings.

if the wives have any iota of respect for their spouses, they should open the pastor's cupboard & bring out dishes. how one treats her spouse in public is how the others would treat him/her too.

if i am taking my wife to a party where she does not know the celebrant, my duty for the day is to serve her. she must be seated before i can even think of sitting. she must wine & dine before i do. she's a guest there & must be served till she's satisfied.

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
bukatyne:

This is not a function of two different attitudes

A function is organized in Church and you are privileged to serve either by virtue of position or trust and you serve your hubby differently with what I believe to be made with public funds or contribution. Jonathan is elected as president and he puts all his family members in position of power

The party analogy is different; afteral if 10 people go as a group to a party, one or two people eap those closet to the host will coordinate food.

I bet you that not everyone would have been happy with the treatment but they will smile. Don't be surprised you hear side talks in passing.

Anyways, you can't try that in some churches. Your posittion as a Deacon is different from wife and should be different. I hope the serving is rotated so that not only your hubby gets to eat with china ware.

It is well

I didn't even see this. Thankyou .
Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by minute(f): 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
I personally learned a lot about what NOT to do from my parents. Even if I did feel that they were instrumental in forming

my perception of love, I truly don't think accepting and believing love is genetic or inherited. It is something you learn

from experience . . .especially if the parents survive within the confines of a loveless marriage.

Perhaps subconsciously we choose people that have qualities that remind us of someone we know. However I don't think

there's any clear evidence to prove that theory.

The right person will be your best friend first and foremost and a lover second. You will enjoy many things together but also

relish in your space without resentment. This knowledge also comes from experience . . .first love and true love are two

different feelings.

Someone can definitely be crazy about you . . or vice versa .. .and not be the right one. Once the sheer bliss of your

intimate times blows over, you can think more clearly and see someone for who they really are. Sometimes, you discover

they aren't as wonderful as you initially thought . . .sometimes you realize they are the best thing that's ever happened

to you.

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
coogar:

if the wives have any iota of respect for their spouses, they should open the pastor's cupboard & bring out dishes. how one treats her spouse in public is how the others would treat him/her too.

if i am taking my wife to a party where she does not know the celebrant, my duty for the day is to serve her. she must be seated before i can even think of sitting. she must wine & dine before i do. she's a guest there & must be served till she's satisfied.

This is a public function where plates were provided. You have no rights opening the pastors cupboards for plates, if not get a higher quality of plates or do it secretly.

I believe this is a church program, why the segregation undecided

2 Likes

Re: Making Love & Raising A Family by coogar: 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
minute: I personally learned a lot about what NOT to do from my parents. Even if I did feel that they were instrumental in forming

my perception of love, I truly don't think accepting and believing love is genetic or inherited. It is something you learn

from experience . . .especially if the parents survive within the confines of a loveless marriage.

Perhaps subconsciously we choose people that have qualities that remind us of someone we know. However I don't think

there's any clear evidence to prove that theory.

The right person will be your best friend first and foremost and a lover second. You will enjoy many things together but also

relish in your space without resentment. This knowledge also comes from experience . . .first love and true love are two

different feelings.

Someone can definitely be crazy about you . . or vice versa .. .and not be the right one. Once the sheer bliss of your

intimate times blows over, you can think more clearly and see someone for who they really are. Sometimes, you discover

they aren't as wonderful as you initially thought . . .sometimes you realize they are the best thing that's ever happened

to you.

not me.....
i don't subconsciously choose women with the qualities of someone i know. i consciously choose women with the qualities that stir my loins. grin

Chillisauce:
This is a public function where plates were provided. You have no rights opening the pastors cupboards for plates, if not get a higher quality of plates or do it secretly.

I believe this is a church program, why the segregation undecided

says who?
what if the hubby is allergic to paper-plates or he just doesn't like eating from them? like me, i cannot drink from plastic cups in a party. if there's no glass, keep your drinks away from me. people have preferences & one of the main tenets of having a party is to keep the guests satisfied.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply)

He Found Out His Wife Is A Hermaphrodite On Their Honeymoon! What Is Your Take? / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / Man Marries His Crush Of 6 Years, Then Grabs Her Butt - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.