Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash (11120 Views)

UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago / Dana, ADC & Sosoliso Ban: Airline Operators Want Ban Lifted / Many Die in Nigerian Plane Crash (Sosoliso) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by seunblack(m): 10:42am On Dec 11, 2013
I remeber seein pastor Bimbo Odukoya sum few hours b4 she boreded d ill fated plane.R I P to all d victims and may God grant all d family affected d strenght to still carry on till d end
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by longjohnsilver: 10:42am On Dec 11, 2013
nairaman66: RIP young patriots!! We can all see what havoc negligence from the Aviation Sector could cause untold hardship and sufferings to people who lost their loved ones 8yrs ago ... sad
DICKtator: R.I.P

The aviation sector needs to be audited and regulated wholistically

grin grin grin grin
nairaman66: RIP young patriots!! We can all see what havoc negligence from the Aviation Sector could cause untold hardship and sufferings to people who lost their loved ones 8yrs ago ... sad
Don't mean to be insensitive to this topic...but accidents are bound to happen that is why we are human even machines don't have 100percent efficiency...so don't 'always' put the blame on someone or one sector when these things happen

RIP to the dead....peace!!!
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by Afam4eva(m): 10:48am On Dec 11, 2013
This is the plane crash that pained me the most because the victims were mostly children who were going home for holidays from the Loyola Jesuit school in Abuja. RIP to their souls.

I also wish Kechi Okwuchi the best. She was the only survivor.

3 Likes

Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by DICKtator: 10:50am On Dec 11, 2013
longjohnsilver:
Don't mean to be insensitive to this topic...but accidents are bound to happen that is why we are human even machines don't have 100percent efficiency...so don't 'always' put the blame on someone or one sector when these things happen

RIP to the dead....peace!!!

I agree with you. Accidents are bound to happen.No doubt but avoidable accidents aren't meant to that is why someone must take the blame!!

Most Air accidents in Nigeria are avoidable if the regulations of the Aviation sector is followed to the books.

Issues of "dead" aircraft won't be plying our airways!!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by EASY12(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2013
You are absolutely right rip to the dead
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:54am On Dec 11, 2013
cheks bros: Today marks exactly 8years of the Sosoliso plane crash. The day Nigeria lost 60 young secondary school students. the day i lost chidinma and zikorah okafor?(Headboy of Loyola , two siblings who were rare genuises. Chidinma my primary school crush,who always had perfect scores in her assignments,tests and exams.I left for FGC and you went on to Loyola Jesuit College Abuja.....I would never forget last meeting with you in a cyber cafe during the long holiday in 2005,we shared our school experiences laughed and relieved old memories,promising to exchange emails!,it was never to be after you boarded that ill fated flight . You and the other angels live in our hearts!

RIP Angels!

please drop your tributes!

so touching can hold my tears. cry cry cry cry
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by 01mcfadden(m): 10:58am On Dec 11, 2013
israel007: [size=15pt]RIP again

Yesterday was the 8h yr and this was on since yesterday and it's just making NL FP today. How efficient. Not surprised though. Don't expect the urgent FP attention as it has nothing to do with GEJ or Stella.
[/size]
since its nt also about ASUU.
Not surprised too!
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by 4lorunsho(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2013
Hahahahaha ; GOD remember them
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by GSKing: 11:03am On Dec 11, 2013
Afam4eva: This is the plane crash that pained me the most because the victims were mostly children who were going home for holidays from the Loyola Jesuit school in Abuja. RIP to their souls.

I also wish Kechi Okwuchi the best. She was the only survivor.
My heart goes out to herembarassed
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by juman(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2013
Time flies.

"Sufficient for us is Allah , and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs."

Quran: 3:173
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2013
RIP..
This is a link to my own condolence page..
It's soothing dat dey've not been forgotten..
www.nairaland.com/1549963/stone-60-angels

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by Livinusc(m): 11:35am On Dec 11, 2013
May they continue to rest in d bosom of d Lord.
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by vanguard1(m): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2013
Without fear or favour and totally absolved of hatred, I wish to state that they are dead and buried hence their chapter is closed. We have better things to do than coming here to give unheartfelt condolences. Let the dead bury the dead, life goes on.
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by IamChiboi(m): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2013
l remember l was in ss3 then, getting ready for the xmas holidays... l felt really bad because they were abt my age then. l rmba my mom warning me and my younger sisters not to fight or quarell that xmas in order to honour them. May their souls continue to rest in perfect peace. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by juman(m): 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
And He is the subjugator over His servants, and He sends over you guardian-angels until, when death comes to one of you, Our messengers take him, and they do not fail [in their duties].

Quran: 6:61
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by naptu2: 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2013
naptu2:

SOSOLISO PLANE CRASH.

1) Lack of a weather warning system. The plane tried to land while a massive storm was lashing the area.

2) The runway lights were off because of a power cut. There was no electricity generator at the airport.

3) The pilot tried to land, but was unable to see the runway, so he decided to go around. The missed approach procedure was carried out incorrectly, and the aircraft struck the ground approximately 70 meters left of the runway. It collided heavily with a concrete drainage culvert, disintegrated and caught fire.

4) Many passengers survived the initial impact, but were killed by the fire. There was only one fire truck at the airport. There was no water.

5) There were no ambulances at the airport.

6) Unauthorised people were allowed on the tarmac after the crash.

cry May they rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by omonla555: 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
My Love for those Children that lost their lives in the ill fated plane. They paid with their lives for the bad society they came from.

Forever you will Rest In Peace
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by laykhorn(m): 12:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Rest IN PEACE.
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
@ willgates
is it true that somebody saw pastor bimbo odukoya in hell fire?
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by laykhorn(m): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
Rest IN PEACE.

I still vividly remember that day like yesterday
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by anitank(f): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
Our family doctor at ph lost his 3 children in that crash. All of his kids
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by texazzpete(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
Clemzy16: Stella Oduah must be Blamed

[img]http://1.bp..com/-0a3fg-fUWdw/T3On8vGgmVI/AAAAAAAAA4A/PJg-1gRMH5Y/s1600/bunk-the-wire.gif[/img]

You're truly a lost soul. Nearly 60 kids died in that crash. Keep this crap out of here.
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by onuwaje(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Clemzy16: Stella Oduah must be Blamed
El stupidos
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by ginnyluv(f): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
aww watched pastor bimbo on youtube some days back...... , my mum was supposed to be on that flight, but she decided to stay back in abuja one more day. Anyways R.I.P to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by peter1994(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
R.I.P young profs.
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by SpicyMimi(f): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Rip
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
RIP Young ones . . .
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by enemmo(f): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Afam4eva: This is the plane crash that pained me the most because the victims were mostly children who were going home for holidays from the Loyola Jesuit school in Abuja. RIP to their souls.

I also wish Kechi Okwuchi the
best. She was the only survivor.
RIP.there was anoda survivor.The late pastor Bimbos pa.Bunmi.not much has been heard from/about her

1 Like

Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by Candybob(m): 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
what is the latest on Dana Air?
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by Sagamite(m): 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash ............................and we are just waiting for the next crash to come.

Why?

Because we have fucktards as leaders. Fucktards like Jonathan. Fucktards like Oduah that only want to do Big man/woman.

Why do we have these fucktards?

Africans select them.

Moronic Africans should stop voting for fucktards when you can.

Nigeria had Ribadu, Buhari and Jonathan to choose from.

They voted for the dumbest!
Re: Today Marks 8 Years Of The Sosoliso Crash by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BZfuIAIerKA

A tribute to the Angels
By Kechi Okwuchi (survivor of the Sosoliso Plane Crash)
It seems like yesterday
Full of excitement
We chatted non-stop
All the way to the plane
It seems like yesterday
We made plans, discarded them
Made new ones
Our future bright
It seems like yesterday
When we dropped out of the sky
To noise, to pain, to…silence
To glory
It seems like yesterday
That God had different plans
To take us to greater heights
A future not foreseen
On angels’ wings we flew
Racing past the clouds
Racing up to glory
Enveloped by His Grace
Though not with you in glory
I am a part of you
Left behind to continue the legacy
Left to run the race
As long as there is breathe in me
Dearest 60, you are not forgotten
Through the pain of yesterday
A million tomorrows are born.
© Kechi Okwuchi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airport Immigration And Their Monstrous Acts! / 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested / Is It Possible For Person To Travel From Nigeria To South Africa By Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.