Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana (16122 Views)

. / Luxembourg Becomes First Country With Gay PM And Deputy / Members Of Uruguay's Parliament Have Passed A Bill To Legalise Marijuana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
chykmoni: Damn! I travelling there nw nw.
Oya nah
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Memyselfu2009(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
I.smell Doooooooooooooooooooom for them crime rate will increase
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by khattab02: 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
Don karizma: As they are ready to invest in this project, let them be ready to build more psychterics hospital because they will start having mentally challenge people in their country. When others are busy looking for better things to produce and export, they are busy enacting laws for marijuana. Very soon they will start looking for countries to export it to.

I know people like Terry G will like to visit this country.
haha.. lol
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Policewoman(f): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2013
Weed is bad for your health.
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Sermwell(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Policewoman: Weed is bad for your health.
Who cares

3 Likes

Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by laksides: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Oya oya canoe stop, am off to uruguay grin
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by victorlexa(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hehehe... No wonder suarez jst dey score anyhw
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by khattab02: 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
The uruguayan ministry of health did not warn that smokers are reliable to .........., Put anytin wey u like.
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Lilimax(f): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Weird! angry
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Alikaxon(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by victorlexa(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
Legal or not,ppl will still smoke,cultivate nd sell it atleast the
govt ll make money 4rm it.am sure they wud
tax the dealers heavily and increase the
price of the commodity
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Big4wig(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
*Singing*,how would u like to smoke some weed ye..burna boy
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by ZUBY77(m): 4:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
Holland did that long ago.
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by khattab02: 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
I hope they will also be able to build more psychiatrics and rehabilitation homes?
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Rayvene(f): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
Well,alcohol is legal in these parts.What's frowned upon is the abuse.
I think the same applies to marijuana in Uruguay.
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Chinboli(m): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
Legalization Of Hard Drug! WTF. . . Datz Ridiculous. . . . cheesy
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by ArQueBusieR(m): 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
Very good. Uruguay is the guinea pig. Let's just observe for a while.

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
But weed tastes better when you are hiding and smoking it nah, especially in the jungle The fear of the police clamping down on you, so precious lyk the sensation of bashing a woman, knowing full well that her husband might barge in at any moment and shoot ur ar'se... Now they have legalised it, its gonna be as tasteless and as common as cigarette...
Mtschew, infact I give up smoking...

4 Likes

Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by mettimetti: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
tongue tongue
boss1310: imagine marijuana being legalised in nigeria.the president will be like"fellow nigerians....wait a minute"inhale and exhale then he will say"where was i erm fellow bokoharians"
Dry Joke!
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Nigroebere: 5:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
On my way 2 uruguay.
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by guymega: 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
What's gonna be the result after someone must have gotten hit by another under the influence of marijuana? Laws should protect the people as opposed to killing the people. Short sited law makers.
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Rayvene(f): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
osymerga: The Op should keep quite.Stop misinforming people please.Did you know that marijuana and prostitution has been legal in Holland for a long time now ? Go and do your research very well,peace. Uruguay is not the first,please.

Marijuana is NOT legal in Holland,though it's widely accepted.I wonder where you get your info from undecided

taiocol: get ur fact right. Marijuana was first legalise in S. Korea

South Korea?undecided I know it's not classified as a drug in North Korea.But it sure hasn't been legalised in SK cheesy
Get ur facts straight undecided
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by saleeh: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
when an ignorant is acting you don't need to make noise. when its consequence comes no body go tell'em. their father don try'am before..
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by mettimetti: 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2013
auto_freak2020: Uruguay has become the first nation to legalise
the growing , sale and smoking of marijuana
after the country's Senate gave final approval to
the legislation .

After a long debate on Tuesday, 16 of 29
senators voted in favour of the law championed
by President Jose Mujica .
The legislation is aimed at wresting the business
from criminals in the small South American
nation .

Backers of the law , some smoking joints,
gathered near Congress holding green balloons ,
Jamaican flags in homage to singer- songwriter
Bob Marley and a sign saying : "Cultivating
freedom , Uruguay grows. "

Cannabis consumers will be able to buy a
maximum of 40 grams each month from
licensed pharmacies as long as they are
Uruguayan residents over the age of 18 and
registered on a government database that will
monitor their monthly purchases.

When the law is implemented in mid- April ,
Uruguayans will be able to grow six marijuana
plants in their homes a year, or as much as 480
grams , and form smoking clubs of 15 to 45
members that can grow up to 99 plants per
year .

Registered drug users should be able to start
buying marijuana over the counter from
licensed pharmacies in April.

But Senator Roberto Conde, a former deputy
foreign minister with the governing Broad
Front, said marijuana "is already established in
Uruguay . It 's a drug that is already seen as very
low risk and enormously easy to get ."

Other countries have decriminalised marijuana
possession and the Netherlands allows its sale
in coffee shops, but Uruguay will be the first
nation to legalise the whole chain from growing
the plant to buying and selling its leaves .

Several countries such as Canada, the
Netherlands and Israel have legal programmes
for growing medical cannabis but do not allow
cultivation of marijuana for recreational use .
Last year, the US states of Colorado and
Washington passed ballot initiatives that legalise
and regulate the recreational use of marijuana .
http://m.aljazeera.com/story/2013121112048192439
If late Fela Anukulapokuti were to come from Uruguay.
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by coogar: 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
guymega: What's gonna be the result after someone must have gotten hit by another under the influence of marijuana? Laws should protect the people as opposed to killing the people. Short sited law makers.

taking it is legal, abusing it is illegal.
there's drug use & there's drug abuse. what's gonna happen after someone must have gotten hit by another under the influence of alcohol? should alcohol be banned too?

1 Like

Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
tsleazy: Now i knw why luis suarez of liverpool, behaves madly
I was expecting this before I opened the thread grin
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by bonna4u(m): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
I can see Peter Tosh gyrating in his grave and singing his bush doctor song waiting for Jamaica to follow suit.
Peter Tosh(bush Doctor)-
Warning!
Warning! The Surgeon General warns
Cigarette smoking is dangerous, dangerous
Hazard to your health
Does that mean anything to you
To legalize marijuana
Right here in Jamaica
I'm say it cure glaucoma
I man a de Bush Doctor
So there'll be
No more smokin and feelin tense
When I see them a come
I don't have to jump no fence
Legalize marijuana
Down here in Jamaica
Only cure for asthma
I man a de Minister(of the Herb)
So there'll be no more
Police brutality
No more disrespect
For humanity
Legalize marijuana
Down here in Jamaica
It can build up your failing economy
Eliminate the slavish mentality
There'll be no more
Illegal humiliation
And no more police
Interrogation
Legalize marijuana
Down here in sweet Jamaica
Only cure for glaucoma
I man a de Bush Doctor
So there be
No more need to smoke and hide
When you know you're takin
Illegal ride
Legalize marijuana
Down here in Jamaica
It the only cure for glaucoma
I man a de Minister
re"

2 Likes

Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2013
How can migrate to Uruguay?

Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Elnino4ladies: 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Joinin jesse jagz,burna boi,terry g,..nd d rest nd migrate 2 uruguay...#SK... NP burnin bush by jesse jagz...
Re: Uruguay Become The First Country To Legalise Marijuana by Sheenor: 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Wow!.....dats cool.....wish i reside thr.....haba ma fah skunk ti jesu yo fi de .....grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

White House Restores CNN Journalist’s Credentials, With Warning / European Leaders Warn Against Ban On Energy Imports From Russia / 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.