Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. (5833 Views)

Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / What Do You Do When Your Biological Parents Treat You Like A Slave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Ellidude(m): 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
byvan: I know how much it hurts when parents refuse to listen to a child's grievancs.My hubby taught me to apologise to the kids when am wrong,he does that too.Parents should learn to put reasoning before pride, kids are humans with emotions too.
I think i like your principle.smiley
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
byvan: I know how much it hurts when parents refuse to listen to a child's grievancs.My hubby taught me to apologise to the kids when am wrong,he does that too.Parents should learn to put reasoning before pride, kids are humans with emotions too.

Great point.

It would be nice for people to open their minds and unlearn their bad habits. But no, most people prefer to be sheep. Follow follow culture no matter how stu*pid it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by mgbeketoto: 4:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
Elli-dude:
Funny enough..This is one reason why the RUDENESS AND UNCARING ATTITUDE OF MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS NEVER END..

The coming generation would go according to this principle and it'll go on and on..But its something i'll antagonise strongly..

O jes o!
But you can NEVER BE NICE to rude people. . .YOU SIMPLY SHOW THEM PEPE!!!! kiss
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by ypepe: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
If our parents didn't tow d right line,what r we doing to salvage the situation?

I agree with mgbeke toto somehow. Its the cultural upbringing. We depict what we were taught and d circle continues.

Very angry fellas.
And an angry man they say is a hungry man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by CHoccolaTE: 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
Elli-dude:
Funny enough..This is one reason why the RUDENESS AND UNCARING ATTITUDE OF MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS NEVER END..
The coming generation would go according to this principle and it'll go on and on..But its something i'll antagonise strongly..

Please antagonize it very well, hopefully with more people like you, this nonsense will end.

I don't know why many Nigerian parents don't use logic in deciding how to train their kids. It's usually a case of "my parents raised me like this and therefore I must raise my kids like this as well".
I know a girl whose mother acts like this, her mum always gives the same outdated treatment and outdated advice of her own mother gave her.

The mum once severely flogged the girl and her brother with a cable for an offence she thought they committed. When she found out they were innocent she didn't apologize. She said parents are not meant to apologize to children. Imagine. After beating them all over with a cable for what they didn't do sad
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
[CHocolaTE:
]

Please antagonize it very well, hopefully with more people like you, this nonsense will end.

I don't know why many Nigerian parents don't use logic in deciding how to train their kids. It's usually a case of "my parents raised me like this and therefore I must raise my kids like this as well".
I know a girl whose mother acts like this, her mum always gives the same outdated treatment and outdated advice of her own mother gave her.

The mum once severely flogged the girl and her brother with a cable for an offence she thought they committed. When she found out they were innocent she didn't apologize. She said parents are not meant to apologize to children. Imagine. After beating them all over with a cable for what they didn't do sad

The same girl is planning to get married soon and the mum usually tells her that she is meant to put up with her husband's cheating because all men are like that. She confides in me about these things sometimes.
The girl complained about how a lot of men cheat and the mother told her that it's nothing to worry about because 99% of men cheat. The girl then asked what if her husband infects her with something then mum said it is not possible because they always use protection grin grin grin
Girl then asks mum how she knows this and mum starts getting worked up and raising her voice, saying women should be tolerant and forgiving of things like that; it is the way it was in the past and the way it should always be tongue

Hmmmm

* bites kola nut*
Emma, chocolate this your story na real life. E sure say this girl you dey describe like this no be lipsrsealed

Ermmm

You grin
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by CHoccolaTE: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce:

Hmmmm

* bites kola nut*
Emma, chocolate this your story na real life. E sure say this girl you dey describe like this no be lipsrsealed

Ermmm

You grin

Na real life ooo sad

No, no be me.
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by ypepe: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce:

Hmmmm

* bites kola nut*

Ermmm

You grin
Crooked mind. tongue
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
ypepe:
Crooked mind. tongue
Read the story again na.

Chocolate no probs, I believe you embarassed
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
See y'all in 3 days! grin Tgirl about to ban us all. grin

Sorry Tgirl. Love you kiss
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by ypepe: 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
Tgal pls now.
We won't do that again.
New year gift.
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
grin

ThankGod I'm not among.
tongue

Ileo, YPP, Jenny, mgbeke toto, get ready
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce: grin

ThankGod I'm not among.
tongue

Ileo, YPP, Jenny, mgbeke toto, get ready

grin grin

Lai lai! You must be among o!
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
ileobatojo:

grin grin

If I go down, RR will follow...cos he posted off topic too .
Mod or not cool
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by ypepe: 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
ileobatojo:

grin grin

Yes o!
She must follow!

I will rope her in!
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by ypepe: 6:46pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce:

If I go down, RR will follow...cos he posted off topic too .
Mod or not cool
Yes!
I've changed my mind!
RR will go down!

But wait o!
How
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
ypepe:
Yes!
I've changed my mind!
RR will go down!

But wait o!
How

Bwahahahaha! Rotfl! grin grin
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Ellidude(m): 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
ileobatojo:

Bwahahahaha! Rotfl! grin grin
Uhm could you treat me with a recap of what's going on here?
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by pweetixandy: 9:16am On Jan 04, 2014
my ParentS neVer aPologiSe.
dey r never Polite when aSkin for a favour cos its Mur lyk a cOmmand.

av grown uP finding it diFficult Saying "m sorry" nd exPressinq my feelings.

i dnt even haV a friendly relationshiP..nt even My sibs.

its bad
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Ellidude(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2014
pweetixandy: my ParentS neVer aPologiSe.

its bad
We're so much alike..
I and my siblings do get along pretty well sometimes..Mum takes our ideas seriously sometimes..She listens to us and would want us to contribute..
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by resurrectn(m): 10:34am On Jan 04, 2014
pweetixandy: my ParentS neVer aPologiSe.

its bad
I can relate wv wat u re saying;my dad ws a difficult person to live with as in if the man says jump you ask him how high. The thing is you can't let ur parents determine who you want to be,sure they hv scarred u for life but u must let time heal your wounds. You can start by building a real relationship wv ur siblings or a very loyal friend,the least you can do is try!
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by resurrectn(m): 10:55am On Jan 04, 2014
Tolexander: ya, they are opinionnated like you said.

Not as if it is seen as a disrespectfulness to correct an elders. There is an adage in yoruba, pele lako, pele labo(sorry can be polite and impolite), depending on the attitude shown when one was saying the sorry.
If the correction is made in a polite and very respectful manner, they will definitely concede. Yoruba elders very value respect.
Sori for digressing, dude u seem to know a bucket load of yoruba proverbs. Im a sucker for them but know very little,so if possible could u start a thread on yoruba proverbs and their meanings for peeps lyk me? E seun
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by pweetixandy: 11:00am On Jan 04, 2014
resurrectn:
I can relate wv wat u re saying;my dad ws a difficult person to live with as in if the man says jump you ask him how high. The thing is you can't let ur parents determine who you want to be,sure they hv scarred u for life but u must let time heal your wounds. You can start by building a real relationship wv ur siblings or a very loyal friend,the least you can do is try!
my sistaz n I r cloSe tho...my folks traveled n i wiSh dey wld remain there!
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Ellidude(m): 11:01am On Jan 04, 2014
pweetixandy:
Lma0..Can we know why?
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Tolexander: 11:02am On Jan 04, 2014
resurrectn:
Sori for digressing, dude u seem to know a bucket load of yoruba proverbs. Im a sucker for them but know very little,so if possible could u start a thread on yoruba proverbs and their meanings for peeps lyk me? E seun
it's something i can do. But not now cos it's a lill tasky bro!
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Ellidude(m): 11:05am On Jan 04, 2014
Tolexander: it's something i can do. But not now cos it's a lill tasky bro!
Truly right + funny signature.
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by resurrectn(m): 11:14am On Jan 04, 2014
Tolexander: it's something i can do. But not now cos it's a lill tasky bro!
No p,I'm following u already so i'll know whenever u actually create dt thread!
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by resurrectn(m): 11:24am On Jan 04, 2014
pweetixandy:
Lol, I no longer live with my parents and the first couple of months was like heaven on earth. But u ll miss them eventually, even if it's just a little.
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Ellidude(m): 11:27am On Jan 04, 2014
resurrectn:
Lol, I no longer live with my parents and the first couple of months was like heaven on earth. But u ll miss them eventually, even if it's just a little.
Lol..Let me guess..You couldn't cook.
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by resurrectn(m): 11:36am On Jan 04, 2014
Elli-dude:
Lol..Let me guess..You couldn't cook.
Hahahaha, nah my culinary skills are on point plus I cn always get sum1 to help out in d kitchen.
It's just nostalgic feelings when I miss them a little.
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by pweetixandy: 11:38am On Jan 04, 2014
resurrectn:

i doubt dat
Re: This is how most Nigerian parents treat their kids.. Its a lil unfair.. by Ellidude(m): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2014
resurrectn:
Hahahaha, nah my culinary skills are on point plus I cn always get sum1 to help out in d kitchen.
It's just nostalgic feelings when I miss them a little.
Awwww..I think i'm tearing a little..

*sobs* Such rare love..
Hehehe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Divorce Her? My Wife Is Dirty And Smells Like Shit!!! / Is Bullet Energy Drink Alcoholic? / Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.