Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? (4287 Views)

I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by remsonik(f): 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
I use to wonder,pls wives and husband how do you cope with your spouse being away from you all through the year and only comes home once in a year for the festive period in december. I want to seek honest opinions from here as the person I would like to marry is far away,is long distance marriage the best?
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Kanwulia: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
This my Kindle HDX sef! grin
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Kanwulia: 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2013
Ask DR.NO(Ngozi Okonjo)! kiss
Very easy after 10 or 20 years of MATRIMONIAL and PATRIMONIAL torture! kiss

Every time you meet is a romantic reunion!
Welcome to OPEN MARRIAGE!
I looooooove it! cool
The secret to peace of mind, long life, EVERLASTING BEAUTY and THE ONLY FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH! kiss
Who wanna live with a Nigerian man under the same roof for more than one week per year? shocked
Tufiaaaaaaaakwa!!!!

You will just get FAT, OLD AND WRINKLE WITH DEPRESSION!!!
Not my portion o! Which kain DORTY love be dat? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Alikaxon(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
Where re u coming from, he screamed. Omg, Am in de wrong place, burst out. Open this thread see @ www.nairaland.com/1551682/excluding-lagos-abuja-list-3
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Mynd44: 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by ifyalways(f): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Live your life to the fullest- you are not a widow nor separated. Do "healthy" things you've always wanted to do.
Its easier when there are kids with you.
Maintain a healthy dose of sane,HAPPILY MARRIED and happily single friends. Keep divorces, single mothers, frustrated singles-and-married at arms length.
Search yourself for your hobby, pursue it actively.
Don't stalk your hubby or keep yourself awake at night thinking of what he's up to or not up to.
You are human,there will be needs. invest in seeex toys.

Things kan only get better. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
Have men finished in the world, I don't understand why people knowingly put themselves into problems. You know this marriage is not necessarily the best but still yet you want to go ahead.

If it is money that is the motivation now, very soon you would prefer the money goes so you can have a little companionship with your husband.

I would suggest you marry someone who isn't far away Abeg. This is not boyfriend, girlfriend but marriage. Don't prepare for divorce before you get married. undecided

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
Long distance marriage won't work for me.Must it be an absentee head of household??

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by ifyalways(f): 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Wait OP,is not married yet?
Girl,reason am well oh. I thought its a case of already married couple who got seperated due to one reason or the other.
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Mrsmansson(f): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
See as women they put themselves for wahala
Why settle for Less?
Why use intimacy gadgets from january to december when u can have the REAL DEAL
Why stress yourself?
Dont you want a companion?
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by esmeralda1(f): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2013
@Op, personally long distance marriage can't work for me and this much I know that its not d best. I'll suggest both of u arrange on hw either of u can change location so that u'll be together,that's the best o.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
I wish you could tell us more @ the poster
What is the exact situation and why is he away and why are you unable to live with him after the wedding.
That will guide us in answering you well.

Is he in America or Europe and you in Nigeria?
Was it arrangee?,he was introduced to you on a trip and marriage talks ensued

I need your answers please
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by benedicta0(f): 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2013
Since you are not married, I will advice you to look at it critically because it is not a good thing.Ask yourself some questions like: How you will be able to make babies, even if babies should come,can you cope alone?it will look as if you are a single mother,it will also affect the children because their father will look like a stranger to them. Then the companionship marriage is made for;how are you going to enjoy it? Like the things husband and wife do for eachother can you be doing them once in a year?then will you have peace of mind ?because you will always be won
dering what your husband is up to.There are alot of disadvantage lipsrsealed, If you really want to enjoy your marriage don't consider long distance marriage

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by fidatt(f): 8:53pm On Dec 11, 2013
Long distance relationship is not easy but the couple can make the marriage work if they truly love each other. The secret of a happy long distance relationship is TRUST, PATIENCE, PRAYER and GOOD COMMUNICATION.
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by UGOCHUKWU3: 2:29am On Dec 12, 2013
Just forget it,long distant marriage is NO marriage at all,take this from me
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Nutase: 4:22am On Dec 12, 2013
sorry
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 6:45am On Dec 12, 2013
Poster, ur post is 1/10.
I don't know what to say with that kind of info.
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by EfemenaXY: 7:38am On Dec 12, 2013
remsonik: I use to wonder,pls wives and husband how do you cope with your spouse being away from you all through the year and only comes home once in a year for the festive period in december. I want to seek honest opinions from here as the person I would like to marry is far away,is long distance marriage the best?

I don't think anything we say here to you will make that much of a difference if you mind's already made up.

The best bet for you is to hear it straight from the horse's mouth (assuming the horse is sincere with you). By this, I mean speak to women (wives) in long distance relationships (marriages) and find out the hell, trials, and tribulations they go through. If after hearing it from them, you decide it's something you feel you can handle, then goodluck.
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by nobilie: 8:17am On Dec 12, 2013
@ OP: Let's asume you are married, your husband is at Gabon doing business while you are in Nigeria. He gets you pregnant and leaves for business. Who will rub your back? Who will hold you at Night? Whom will you tell how u feel and rub your tommy when pains come? I bet you, you will hate him as well as yourself.
Is he the only man that is interested in you?
May be you've not had any for years and you are affraid cos you think you are getting too old.
If you have no faith in God and urself, then go ahead and tell urself u'll adjust to any condition. But I bet u, u will cry if u have concience(as I know well, women do a lot of things to be happy)

My question, why can't u be with ur husband? Don't let any man decieve you. Is he into dangerious business there that u can't come over(South Africa things)? Discurse with him and look into his eye to know the truth. I am married, any time I hang out with my friends, my wife will call 1million times as if I'm running away or am on another woman. Even when she's angry with me, shee wants to see me arround.
Love and companionship is the principal thing in marriage oooo. Ladies, don't jump into marriage. If u are out, people will see u as tokunbo(2nd hand). Leet God guild ur actions.,
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Tachere: 8:44am On Dec 12, 2013
Omo, dis is serious. Mi fiancee is in d navy n we plan settling down soon. I understand they get transferred anytime and it scares d hoot out of me and with all this write ups am reading here, am beginning to see things in a different way and having a second though. Although we've tlked abt it but it did nt sound as hard as the reality am reading here. Not forgetting to mention that I hardly see him.
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by EfemenaXY: 9:20am On Dec 12, 2013
^^ It pays dividends to look very well before you leap.

Marriage is meant to be for the long haul and at best, is difficult enough as it is. Don't make it any more complicated by embarking on a long distance marriage.

Not saying that they don't all work out well in the end, but why burden yourself with something that can be avoided? It's a lot easier for a couple who've been married for a long time to handle long distance relationships when it happens (i.e: one or the other having to move away from the family, say for work purposes) than for a newly wed to handle.
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by remsonik(f): 10:10am On Dec 12, 2013
teeo: Have men finished in the world, I don't understand why people knowingly put themselves into problems. You know this marriage is not necessarily the best but still yet you want to go ahead.

If it is money that is the motivation now, very soon you would prefer the money goes so you can have a little companionship with your husband.

I would suggest you marry someone who isn't far away Abeg. This is not boyfriend, girlfriend but marriage. Don't prepare for divorce before you get married. undecided
. Thank you for your advice, we have endured a lot together and waiting for our perfect moment to tie the knot, now job has seperated us.
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by jeffizy(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2013
I e-laff at everyone saying she should be wary and all other negative stuff.
Marriage, as I know it is full of surprises and that is the ingredient that makes it interesting.

If you can't survive being away from your spouse for at least 5 months, then you ain't matured enough for marriage.
What if opportunity for family advancement via better job comes up? You will prettily sacrifice it for "no long distance marriage" ?
NO!

I suggest all the couple has to do is gain each other's trust and both should be busy.
Get into something/job that takes your mind off being lonely and unhealthy thoughts.
Lastly, be tech savvy... Manage on skype, whatsapp, bbm, video call, etc.

For me, it makes re-union a happy moment.
For once, I'm with Kanwulia.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 12, 2013
remsonik: . Thank you for your advice, we have endured a lot together and waiting for our perfect moment to tie the knot, now job has seperated us.

Now this cones with a whole lot of sacrifice. I Hope he has a plans to bring you guys back to the same place. Except he is a sailor I don't see reasons why you guys can't live in the same place.
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Kanwulia: 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
jeffizy: I e-laff at everyone saying she should be wary and all other negative stuff.
Marriage, as I know it is full of surprises and that is the ingredient that makes it interesting.

If you can't survive being away from your spouse for at least 5 months, then you ain't matured enough for marriage.
What if opportunity for family advancement via better job comes up? You will prettily sacrifice it for "no long distance marriage" ?
NO!

I suggest all the couple has to do is gain each other's trust and both should be busy.
Get into something/job that takes your mind off being lonely and unhealthy thoughts.

Gbam!
Every time I jam my husband, it is a honeymoon like this coming weekend. We are too busy living our lives like PARALLELOGRAMS! When we jam, we jam! kiss When he tells me he loves me, I believe it! No knife to his throat. Nothing like freedom in marriage!
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Saraha1(f): 12:53pm On Dec 12, 2013
Kanwulia:

Gbam!
Every time I jam my husband, it is a honeymoon like this coming weekend. We are too busy living our lives like PARALLELOGRAMS! When we jam, we jam! kiss When he tells me he loves me, I believe it! No knife to his throat. Nothing like freedom in marriage!
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Mrsmansson(f): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2013
remsonik: . Thank you for your advice, we have endured a lot together and waiting for our perfect moment to tie the knot, now job has seperated us.
So job keeps him all through till festive period?
What's my own sef
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by ireneidiva(f): 1:13pm On Dec 12, 2013
if you are sure he won't cheat when you are not around,go for it!
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Mrsmansson(f): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
jeffizy: I e-laff at everyone saying she should be wary and all other negative stuff.

NO!

I have been in a long distance relationship before and trust me it didnt go well.he was in the uk and we hardly saw
I promised myself i wasnt going to do a long distance marriage but if my hubby was to travel for months would i stop him?NO
But in op's case they would see only during the festive period
Thats very Unhealthy if you ask me
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Kanwulia: 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
Long distance marriage is not for NEWLY-WEDS!
But for OLD-TIMERS married for OVER 10 years like "US"! cool
No SSSSSSSHAKING!!!
You can't uproot the TAP-ROOT!!!!
Hallelujah!!! cool

Marriage nor be jail for I-GO-DIE-FOR-LOVE matter abeg!!!

*work don close. HALLELUJAH!!! off for 1 week to play with the husband and his GIRLFRIEND* cool
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Saraha1(f): 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2013
Kanwulia: Long distance marriage is not for NEWLY-WEDS!
But for OLD-TIMERS married for OVER 10 years like "US"! cool
No SSSSSSSHAKING!!!
You can't uproot the TAP-ROOT!!!!
Hallelujah!!! cool
for your mind ko?
Re: Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? by Kanwulia: 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
Sarah a: for your mind ko?

Bifor? Na for ya nyansssh ko? kiss
Abeg "GO AND DIE" like that WOR-WOR Oshiomole widow jare!!!
I nor send! kiss
"Jolosi Juliet" wey nor get "Romeo"
Mtcheeeeeeeew

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, Cockroaches Have Declared War On Me / TV News Anchor Arrested For Beating Her Husband (PICTURED) / How Do I Collect My Money??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.