Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Allowing The Mrs Drive! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Allowing The Mrs Drive! (1167 Views)

Meet Mrs. Olayinka Adeyemo – The Pregnant Tricycle (keke) Rider / Married Women Should Stop Allowing Their Husbands Go Out Unkempt / Anything Wrong With Allowing My Wife To See A Male Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allowing The Mrs Drive! by izeek(m): 9:01am On Dec 12, 2013
OK, so am sweating my pants like seriously, and it can't be because I let my wife drive herself unsupervised for the first time to work is it? After all what could possibly go wrong? Or could the car suddenly decide to act up today sensing something strange as well?

Yeah! I allow her drive but only with me at the passengers seat, and actually she isn't such a bad driver. and even though she has only been learning for a month now and with some occasional mistakes which all drivers make (yours truly excused), am still here on my couch fretting. Funny thing though, the idea to take the car to work this morning was mine, since I reasoned that I had to trust her with the family and castiel someday(that's my car am talking about), but drivers here in port-harcourt aren't exactly friendly on the road. Well I have decided to hold a prayer session throughout today until she returns home safe.

I guess my concern, which I would love to ask others is how soon is too soon to allow a leaner go on the express alone? Would appreciate comments and some personal experience from other ladies who remember what their first time was like could comment too!

Would give updates when she gets to work and when she returns home........ Pray with me Abeg .
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by izeek(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2013
She got dear safe, no scratch nothing.
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 12, 2013
One, you are panicking too much. Do not make the mistake of calling her at work and asking if she arrived safely, else she would be extremely nervous when coming back home, and that's not good. Everyone has their own pace of learning new things, since you have been with her while driving before then trust everything will be okay.
Please when she comes back don't make it seem like a big deal that she arrived home safely.
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by izeek(m): 1:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate am trying so hard not to ask how it went though.
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by Chaulay1: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
It is normal for you to feel this way being that it's the first time she is driving alone. At least it's a good way for her to learn fast and practice what she has learnt without anyone critisizing her.
Don't worry, she will be fine. Most women will not go out with a car if they are not sure of driving it to safety.

I pray my husband will trust me with our car sha. I've been begging him to teach me for months but he has not been forthcoming. He thinks I should have known how to drive by sitting beside him while he drives. I had to register in a driving school a couple of weeks ago.

It is well.
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
As long as she isnt crossing 3rd mainland bridge

Also let her leave home early when traffic is less so she wont encounter dare devil drivers who would bully her
gradually she would get there
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by izeek(m): 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
She got home safe, after all my fasting and prayer, come see as she enter compound like vin diesel self..... Am happy for her........ But she Don dey ask me when am I buying her own personal car....... See me see wah all.

2 Likes

Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
The first day I drove myself,i actually lost my fender.My hubby laughed me senseless while I sobbed like a baby undecided.

1 Like

Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by smartmom(f): 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
Please Please Please when she gets a scratch on your precious car dont bite her head off you hear wink. Well done kudos for trusting her. Ehen plan to buy her own quick quick aaaaand be sure to fuel and maintain it for her too grin. You are a good hubby!
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by babyme1(f): 10:43am On Dec 13, 2013
My husband taught me to drive like 4 times. one sunday i drove him back from church. AFter 3 months he was out of town n i wanted to go out with my baby. called him to inform him n he asked me to go with the car, i was like wtf!

I E.nter car, say a line of prayer, and off we went. My neighbours came and watched as i reversed out of d compound. i drove gently and safely returned home. Funny my hubby never called to asked how it went.When he came back i asked him how come he didnt asked how i managed d first time, he just looked at me and said "sometimes you really underestimate yourself" . Now i drive him when he is stressed or needs to make calls on d road

2 Likes

Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 13, 2013
@babyme,your hubby get mind ooo ! ! ! the first day I drove on a major road, i didn't tell my hubby till I went and came back safely.
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by izeek(m): 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sometimes I think we treat our wives like one of the kids. She drove well though she scratched someone's car slightly. Am kinda impressed with her anyways. Second day running and no stress.
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by baby124: 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
I dont know what is the big deal. Maybe because i learnt to drive at 16 with a manual car. I have been driving ever since. cheesy. Driving is not so hard these days. lol. I think if hubby is nervous, then you make the learner even more scared. If you make her see it as no big deal, she wont be as stressed and more concerned with making more mistakes than driving.
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
izeek: Sometimes I think we treat our wives like one of the kids. She drove well though she scratched someone's car slightly. Am kinda impressed with her anyways. Second day running and no stress.

grin grin grin
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by izeek(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
Half the time the fear is not her naive driving, but the careless drunks driving our streets with little or no respect for other road user. When u see how they act on the road and it other lives in danger you worry dear..... More so I guess it's the sappy husband's who worry...... Like she told me this morning.
Re: Allowing The Mrs Drive! by izeek(m): 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Over the weekend she took us out, and was doing 60mph on my ml430, now if you know much about ml','s they run like cheaters. Nah so my heart just Dey beat like due beats, I come dey use chocolate cover am.

(1) (Reply)

At What Age Is It Ideal For An Only Child To Get Married? / Interview: Tolu Falode Speaks On Book About Her Late Bother, Insists On Justice / If You Are The Husband, What Are You Going To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.