Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

The IGR Debate - Reloaded! - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The IGR Debate - Reloaded! (24726 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

They are talking of hotels and u are talking of restaurant.
When i was in Lagos I started eating outside only when I discovered igbo kitchens .
Ur akara is usu half done.
The women selling agege were dirty.
went to buy food once and everybody: the customers and woman seller were talking into d food.
No sense of hygiene.
come, dey even swear for Una?
smh

You are definitely derange so you belong to the lower rung of the society and can't afford standard eatry??
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
Chino.Elects:
You are really not making any point. I asked what is the condition of yorobass today compare to their neighbors in SE and SS? If you guys are using red earth mud to build in the 21st century that means in the last 200years ago you people were living inside holes.

Do you know that you will not find a single mud house in entire Igboland today, in our villages, in our communities, talk more of our cities? The same mud houses that are still very commonly in use in your state capitals.

do you know what that tells the world?

1. You never had an enduring and good building technology before the advent of the british on your soil. No wonder, your buildings then were palm fronds. hausas even had better building technology that are standing till today. How are we sure you were not actually staying on trees? - just asking, because there is no proof to suggest otherwise.

2. You do not have land. As a result of gully erosion and landslide, you have to use the remaining ones for your ever surging population. therefore, the old houses must give way.

3. You do not cherish artifacts. That is while you have to destroy historical artifacts to build new ones.

Cities like London, Beijing, Mecca, Istanbul, Baghdad, New York, Washington, Cairo, Alexandria, Athens, Kano etc all have buildings dating back to 200 - 300 years ago. Those are cities that have heritage and are protecting them like ours. All these aforementioned cities have the old and the new parts. UNESCO is about making those buildings world heritage centre, protected under UN. That can only mean, nothing but, more money for our govt.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
superstar1:

why will you not build storey building? where is the land to build before. Your building of store buildings is borne out of necessity and there is nothing aesthetic in those dirty looking cramped and jampacked dungeons without space or breathing air, that you are celebrating.

have better taste in life, omo y1bo.
its better u have mansions crammed together than slums jam packed like these.

1 Like

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

This areas will remain forever even if he pain you. The Oyo state government is contemplating a demolishing this places. But they have been whip on several occasion in the court. We can't just throw away our history because you reta...RDS are so pissed off you have none to be proud about.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

To your tasteless igbotic eyes and mind, they are slums.

To us and the rest of developed minds and world, they are artifacts. No wonder, it is a tourist attraction for oyinbos.

A well arranged, same height buildings dating back to ages, clearly shows the level of urban planning sophistication even before the arrival of the British.
I am sure, if you are given Mona Lisa painting and 1mm, you will prefer the 1mm.

It will cost your govt nothing less than 500bn to replicate such a beautiful scenery. That is the worth of the artifacts you are seeing . That is what unesco will pay over decades for us to keep protecting that heritage of inestimable value.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
superstar1:

To your tasteless eyes and mind, they are slums.

To us and the rest of developed world, they are artifacts. No wonders, it is a tourist attraction for oyinbos.

A well arranged, same height buildings dating back to ages, clearly shows the level of urban planning sophistication even before the arrival of the British.
I am sure, if you are given Mona Lisa painting and 1mm, you will prefer the 1mm.

It will cost your govt nothing less than 500bn to replicate such a beautiful scenery. That is the worth of the artifacts you are seeing . That is what unesco will pay over decades.

If you are in Ibadan get to Ibadan house and get this book. Ibadan in the 21st century by Lola tomori to understand why we have to do everything to preserve this heritage.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2013
ibn akogun:

If you are in Ibadan get to Ibadan house and get this book. Ibadan in the 21st century by Lola tomori to understand why we have to do everything to preserve this heritage.

No bro. Living in Lagos. Had my undergraduate at UI, so I know Ibadan very well. They are too blind to see Akobo, Ashi, Bodija, Challenge, Ring road.

Seems Ajimobi is doing a good work. Was impressed with the road networks he is working on. Was in IB last month.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
superstar1:

do you know what that tells the world?

1. You never had an enduring and good building technology before the advent of the british on your soil. No wonder, your buildings then were palm fronds. hausas even had better building technology that are standing till today. How are we sure you were not actually staying on trees? - just asking, because there is no proof to suggest otherwise.

2. You do not have land. As a result of gully erosion and landslide, you have to use the remaining ones for your ever surging population. therefore, the old houses must give way.

3. You do not cherish artifacts. That is while you have to destroy historical artifacts to build new ones.

Cities like London, Beijing, Mecca, Istanbul, Baghdad, New York, Washington, Cairo, Alexandria, Athens, Kano etc all have buildings dating back to 200 - 300 years ago. Those are cities that have heritage and are protecting them like ours. All these aforementioned cities have the old and the new parts. UNESCO is about making those buildings world heritage centre, protected under UN. That can only mean, nothing but, more money for our govt.

For where? Taaaa, culture my foot. At least u have agreed ur capitals are shanties but are left that way because of culture bah?
How many of ur politicians live in those shit holes called houses? that shows poverty is speaking abi ur politicians no set follow Una do culture?
Don't ever compare what is happening abroad to the halt of civilization occurring in ur lands. In overseas, the houses will look good but ancient, urs are just slums. Dont go there at all, igbos must be super humans to live in mud and thatch houses in the olden days only to build presentable cities in 2013, u have been building cities since early days only to have Ibadan, ado ekiti, Oshogbo, akure in 2013
Smh.

4 Likes

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

For where? Taaaa, culture my foot. At least u have agreed ur capitals are shanties but are left that way because of culture bah?
How many of ur politicians live in those shit holes called houses? that shows poverty is speaking abi ur politicians no set follow Una do culture?
Don't ever compare what is happening abroad to the halt of civilization occurring in ur lands. In overseas, the houses will look good but ancient, urs are just slums. Dont go there at all, igbos must be super humans to live in mud and thatch houses in the olden days only to build presentable cities in 2013, u have been building cities since early days only to have Ibadan, ado ekiti, Oshogbo, akure in 2013
Smh.
That is where you seem to reason a little bit. If 95% of the population are not living in those world heritage centers of unquantifiable value, where are they living? They are staying in other modern part of the city.

Where you missed it again and you brought out the igbotic nature in you again is when you said, Oyinbo houses will look good. When oyinbos start defining what is good to you, then your inferiority complex knows no bound. We told them they are good for us and they believed it and they are ready to name it a protected world heritage. That is confidence.

If Onitsha Owerri, nnewi and Aba are your cities built by super humans, then, those super humans must be midgets and what a shallow mind they have.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2013
superstar1:

No bro. Living in Lagos. Had my undergraduate at UI, so I know Ibadan very well. They are too blind to see Akobo, Ashi, Bodija, Challenge, Ring road.

Seems Ajimobi is doing a good work. Was impressed with the road networks he is working on. Was in IB last month.

Ikolaba, ologueru, akobo, oluyole why won't Igbos miss it. Selective amnesia is so common in their land. Where do you stay in Lagos I might hook you up with my own copy when am in town.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 15, 2013
superstar1:
That is where you seem to reason a little bit. If 95% of the population are not living in those world heritage centers of unquantifiable value, where are they living? They are staying in other modern part of the city.

Where you missed it again and you brought out the igbotic nature in you again is when you said, Oyinbo houses will look good. When oyinbos start defining what is good to you, then your inferiority complex knows no bound. We told them they are good for us and they believed it and they are ready to name it a protected world heritage. That is confidence.

If Onitsha Owerri, nnewi and Aba are your cities built by super humans, then, those super humans must be midgets and what a shallow mind they have.

As far as they look better than ur abodes, u don't have any morality to point at them.
U even dared to mention owerri, u no get shame o.
Kano, Kaduna are ancient but u know nah ...hahahahahaha
Abeg u ppl shd go and sleep.
At least, u guys have agreed u don't have a city full stop.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2013
ibn akogun:

Ikolaba, ologueru, akobo, oluyole why won't Igbos miss it. Selective amnesia is so common in their land. Where do you stay in Lagos I might hook you up with my own copy when am in town.

I stay in lekki. Anytime bro.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2013
ibn akogun:

U know we are still at Onitsha, we have not even gotten to owerri and Enugu.
next time, don't start this type of argument again.
unproductive lots

1 Like

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

As far as they look better than ur abodes, u don't have any morality to point at them.
U even dared to mention owerri, u no get shame o.Kano, Kaduna are ancient but u know nah ...hahahahahaha

Another of your ignorance on display on NL.

Have you been to old Kano? Oh gal, you need to travel round this country. I am not conversant with KD but I have been to
Old Kano and to a mature mind and not money driven mind.
it is a beauty to behold. Al those places you are showing of SW are the old parts and we can meet destroy them. Do you know the worth of the lands alone?

Who is ere to convince you whether we have city or not. If we don't have, your igunnuko head brothers won,t be running to SW.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

unproductive lots

Onitsha is your best and its a slum full stop... your gra self no reach ikolaba my house is after a popular late Igbo musician house there.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

U even dared to mention owerri, u no get shame o.Kano, Kaduna are ancient but u know nah ...hahahahahaha

Another of your ignorance on display on NL.

Have you been to old Kano? Oh gal, you need to travel round this country. I am not conversant with KD but I have been to
Old Kano and to a mature mind and not money driven mind.
it is a beauty to behold. All those places you are showing of SW are the old parts and we can never destroy them. Do you know the worth of the land alone?

Who is here to convince you whether we have city or not. All the oyinbos in osogbo alone surpasses the whole of SE. That shows something. Quality of life. If we don't have, your igunnuko head brothers won,t be running to SW.
It is better for me to stay in osogbo in a bungalow with stable water and electricity supply and good road network, than for me to stay on the 5th floor of your jam packed hellish dungeon on Aba.

Our value of quality of life differs. No wonder, the whole of alaigbo is the way it is.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

unproductive lots

What is in Enugu apart from the mall the Yoruba man built.

Owerri, that ghostly students town. It is always empty once students are on vacation. Nothing worthy to be called developments In those places.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by geeez: 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
superstar1:

What is in Enugu apart from the mall the Yoruba man built.

Owerri, that ghostly students town. It is always empty once students are on vacation. Nothing worthy to be called developments In those places.

Guy abeg leave those illusioned people alone

They will never understand

Let them keep mas.tur.bat.ing themselves with those old pictures

We have since moved from where we were in 1999 while they still keep groping in the dark blaming us for their woes and jealously expressing their frustrations
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by docsholz(m): 6:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
I actually just read somewhere that d southwest has d lowest poverty level in Nigeria and it's been so for the past 2 years as at 2009 the southwest had a higher poverty level than the south east so things change

P. S; I'm a man of facts not sentiment i no be tribalist
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
doc sholz: I actually just read somewhere that d southwest has d lowest poverty level in Nigeria

P. S; I'm a man of facts not sentiment i no be tribalist

You are right.

According to NBS stat released in jan 2013 for year 2012, poverty rate in SW is 49.5, SS is 55.5 and SE is 59.5.

Despite their level of industrialization and all sort of crimes to get rich.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Ikengawo: 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2013
Drive through Ibadan, Former Regional Capital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmYmK3ZUvs

Drive through Owerri, Former Village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJEvq9gOo9I

1 Like

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Ikengawo: 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
Oshogbo Osun (spiritual capital of the yoruba)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpsjH3G2rfM

Umuahia, Abia (twice bombed to the ground in the civil war)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tm7CuR2gRU

1 Like

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ikengawo: Oshogbo Osun (spiritual capital of the yoruba)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpsjH3G2rfM

Umuahia, Abia (twice bombed to the ground in the civil war)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tm7CuR2gRU

You are sick in the head. Showing us your best and presenting how worst says what about your deeper life faith.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Ikengawo: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abeokuta (Home of yorubalands richest and most prominent men)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ePADY4jiw

Aba (most mocked eastern city by yorubas on Nairaland)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=714dhpW_HxU

1 Like

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Ikengawo: 7:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
ibn akogun:

You are sick in the head. Showing us your best and presenting how worst says what about your deeper life faith.

I wish i was just showing the best, but these are random street views. Show me the best of Abeokuta, the Best of Ibadan, Ado Ekiti, Ore, ect ect, please.

These aren't the best. If i showed you one of the best of Owerri for example it will be this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHb94F1ntnY

show me which part of Yoruba land surpasses Umuahia, Owerri, Enugu, Awka, Onitcha, and the Aba you're all so fond of mocking.

3 Likes

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Ikengawo: 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2013
You should even be grateful that I didn't post the likes of Enugu here because that would be over kill. Eastern Nigeria is more developed than western Nigeria, nobody is going to argue about it. The only thing that keeps Igbos going to the west is they have no competition in business. If they want to buy the region the have and they can.

2 Likes

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 7:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ikengawo: You should even be grateful that I didn't post the likes of Enugu here because that would be over kill. Eastern Nigeria is more developed than western Nigeria, nobody is going to argue about it. The only thing that keeps Igbos going to the west is they have no competition in business. If they want to buy the region the have and they can.

You are clearly insane after enugu metropolis the rest place an hellhole. Ninth mile nothing to write home about and from the enugu airport onward abakaliki road.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2013
ibn akogun:

You are clearly insane after enugu metropolis the rest place an hellhole. Ninth mile nothing to write home about and from the enugu airport onward abakaliki road.

show us the pictures and videos
of ur own places nah, talk is cheap.
Aregbesola was showing pix of the roads hr built in osogbo but if ur attention moves from the roads, all u see will be shanty looking houses everywhere.
it didn't even occur to him ppl might be judging him thru the socioeconomic standard of the populace.
U have lower standards if living, simple

2 Likes

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
ibn akogun:

ninth mile is a road thru a village called UDI.
is there any village road in it place like 9th mile? stop saying what u can't defend.
@ikenagwo, what an exposition!

2 Likes

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

ninth mile is a road thru a village called UDI.
is there any village road in it place like 9th mile? stop saying what u can't defend.
@ikenagwo, what an exposition!

And the adjoining towns there are what. Isn't ninth mile one of the point of call after crossing anambra state to be Enugu? Ngozi is too stupid to know.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ibnakogun: 9:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

show us the pictures and videos
of ur own places nah, talk is cheap.
Aregbesola was showing pix of the roads hr built in osogbo but if ur attention moves from the roads, all u see will be shanty looking houses everywhere.
it didn't even occur to him ppl might be judging him thru the socioeconomic standard of the populace.
U have lower standards if living, simple

Am currently in abuja when I hit the southwest I will kill you villagers with pictures of the southwest.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ba7man(m): 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
Na wa ooo.......See arguement on who has the better slum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Extend Railway Project To Ekiti - Fayose To FG / King Dibbo, Hajo Sani's Son: "It Feels Good To Be A Self-made Millionaire" / Latest Nigeria Governorship Election Results In Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.