Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela (23074 Views)

Charles Antwi Tries To Kill Mahama, Ghanaian President (Photo) / Woman Strips Unclad To Hug Mandela Statue / Nelson Mandela Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by hydrocarbon(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yeye people,u guys should stay and debate about mandela and nkruma,how does it concerns nigeria's economy,even if oyinbo wan finish them it dosn't make any diff cos south africans as a whole are bloody racist,what did mandella do about it,I dey vex say goodluck even attend the man matters...4uk south-africa.
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by portable11: 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
Letter to Dr. Nelson Mandela...

Dear Dr. Nelson,

Please when you get to d world beyond, tell Herbert Macaulay that the party he founded has been turned to People Destroying Party.

Tell Obafemi Awolowo that we now pay school fees without going to school.

Help me tell Nnamdi Azikiwe that the long wall to democracy he built has fallen, only the cracked fence still stands.

Tell Chief Anthony Enaharo that the independent nation he fought for is no more.

Tell Alh. Ahmadu Bello that our judicial system now favors only the rich.

Also tell Baba Fela that Terry G is the new afro beat king.

Tell Muritala Mohammed that we still use kerosene to cook and candles to see.

Tell King Jaja of Opobo that we are still slaves in our own country.

Pls tell Dele Giwa that the Nigerian press has been bought with
money.

... and please don't forget to tell Prof. Iyayi that Federal Govt paid N200 Billion into ASUU account but they have not seen alert.

Tell them that we need a quick reply to this letter.

Nigerian people

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by holuwashezy(m): 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
solomon111: would you mind telling me what awolowo did for the BLACK RACE?
d same question goes for zik
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by holuwashezy(m): 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
solomon111: would you mind telling me what awolowo did for the BLACK RACE?
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by theophorus(m): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
........Currently reading a book written by Donald Woods about Steven Beka of SA.
I feel Mandela is not as Great as it is being Potray think of Zik of Africa, Awolowo etc........... Several Black Men fought for the Emergence of Africa.
I think they are only trying to Right their Wrong but giving the Last of Them all a beffiting recognition for activisim.
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by GentleFrank(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
I don't agree. Mandela is the greater hero pls !!!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Olaone1: 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
They imprisoned you for 27 years only for you to come and help them grow economically. Trust me, Mandela is overrated. Oyinbos use his story to give confidence to their young ones. " Look, we imprisoned him . . . the white race imprisoned him . . and he did nothing when he became president of SA."

Who among Western leaders would have done the same thing? Now they talk about forgiveness and I ask: what forgiveness? They took away his productive years and later hailed him for having mild and forgiving spirit. Rubbish!

What did Mandela really do apart from spending 27 years in jail in SA?

Nkrumah is greater and sorry. Thanks.
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by chimzy2u: 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
The comments i read baffles me! How on earth is dis a subject for debate? I see kwame nkrumah at par with the likes of Nnamdi Azikwe, nothing more. Do you know what it means to hold a conviction through 27 years of jail term and come out still holding that conviction? Even Urging South Africans to forgive the people who persecuted him. Does it occur to you people that after the breakthrough, SA could have easily become Syria Or even Iraq if not for his forgiveness theories? Make thunder fire those Ghanaian black monkeys wey dey make dis foolish comparison.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by eaxes: 10:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
vccghana: Wow this thread has made frontpage but Nkrumah use most of the money Ghana realize from gold to fight for independence for both Nigeria and many other Africa countries. he his very passionate with the emancipation of Africa why Mandela is just limited to south Africa.

The western world just over hype Mandela because he still allow the whites to control south African economy that is why they over rate him more than Nkrumah
BINGO!!. I αvє always been of the view as well that Mandela is overhyped. Watchin the CNN coverage of the memorial ψα§ so cringe worthy. The west lyks him ¢☺§ the whites in SA Ãήϑ other western companies get †☺ control the land Ãήϑ economy. If Mandela did a Mughabe he most certainly will be demonised. Remember b4 Mughabe took the land off the whites Ãήϑ rightly §☺ i might add, he ψα§ rated highly †☺ the point of even awarding him a knighthood.
In SA there is an arrangement. The whites get †☺ control the economy while the blacks get †☺ "govern" but can't control nothing nor make changes to the economic imbalances Ãήϑ as a Rockerfeller once said, "give ♍є̲ control of a countries economy Ãήϑ i care not who makes i†'s laws"
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by eaxes: 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Mandela is J§† a hyped odd ball who ∂☺є§n'† rate in ma book. Yes he was popular but §☺ is madonna. If i†'s based on a popularity contest then he is great. But he sold his country out †☺ the whites.whites oviously love him ¢☺§ they get †☺ control the economy of SA.
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by richie44(m): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
Sullivan chime is d greatest
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by eleojo23: 11:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Samgreguc:
signs of End time. grin grin grin
You're right on this. It's really end time because men are now desperately looking for a peace-figure. And remember, the antichrist will claim to be a man of peace. (Hey nitpicker, i didn't call anybody an antichrist. I'm just tryin to reason out something so don't waste your time on my post!)
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by skipper123: 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
PeeDaVinci: I have had this argument with several people in the past couple of days. I told a colleague that Mandela is undoubtedly great, but he is not the greatest African or as great as the press is playing it out, and when he asked me who is then the greatest african, my exact response was that "i dont know but i will rate the likes of Nkrumah above Mandela".
IMO, mandela has not really done anything extra-ordinarily great. Someone said, he was imprisoned for 27 years, and I asked what about the pple who laid down their lives for the same cause. And another said, he led SA out of Apatheid, and I was like, that is exactly ahmadu bello, awolowo, shagari, enahoro . . . did. Another said also, he forgave the pple who imprisoned him, and i said, that is exactly the reason why they released him - to reconcile the blacks and whites, the whites were tired of the lack of peace during the apartheid, and they chose Mandela to bridge the divide in SA. An another said, he chose to be the President for just one term, and I replied, that is a rare virtue among african leaders, but that doesnt make him extra-ordinary and there are countries whose leaders resigned voluntarily before the end of a single term presidency.

Dont get me wrong, Mandela is great not because of who he is or what he has done, but what he represents - "freedom", and Africans gave him that "representation" during his incarceration because they wanted to see the end of the apartheid regime. He is just like the Queen who is a great woman not because of who she really is as a person, but what she represents.

I ask over and over, what has Mandela actually done for Africa, the western press eulogizes mandela because of influence of south african press in the western world. and these western media are the same ones who vilified him during apartheid, and now, suprisingly, on bbc journalist even likened him to Jesus.

to sum up, Mandela is a very very great man, but not as great as the press made it to be.

true talk ..........can i kiss u
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by ayonie: 12:17am On Dec 14, 2013
Michael Sokoto:

Jez imagine Dr. Goodluck Akporomioro Hakeem Ebele Dapo Uduak Azikiwe Jonathan been given d kind of burial been given 2 Mandela wen he kicks a 5-litre jerican
Dat time I'll be d 1st pesin 2 come out to shout, "End-Time-Tinz grin grin

This your post is too funny!

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by ayonie: 12:26am On Dec 14, 2013
chucky234: Nkruma was partly fighting for his own interest and decided to enslave Ghanians when he finally got hold of power,he would have made Gold Coast his family property were it not for the coup.
4 years was enough for Madiba to hand over power to a new govt without having to go back on his promise,Nkrumah after spending 27yrs in prison wouldnt have given up power just yet but Madiba did.
Madiba's victory over apartheid had so many positive impact on the Africa continent, I think Madiba is the greatest of the two.

For me, Mandela was a leader who had the opportunity to go back on his words,but showed a great level of integrity. Integrity is what is lacking among african leaders today hence he is worth celebrated.
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Ten1: 12:43am On Dec 14, 2013
In my opinion, none of them is as great as Thomas Sankara

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by ayonie: 12:53am On Dec 14, 2013
@ Topic,u see Jealousy is cancerous. For someone to bring up this kind of topic is no good use and it is borne out of envy and jealousy. That this type of topic is raised @ this time shows the level of immaturity in Africa. I think integrity plays a great yardstick in measuring the greatness of a man,much more a leader.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by ayonie: 1:00am On Dec 14, 2013
chimzy2u: The comments i read baffles me! How on earth is dis a subject for debate? I see kwame nkrumah at par with the likes of Nnamdi Azikwe, nothing more. Do you know what it means to hold a conviction through 27 years of jail term and come out still holding that conviction? Even Urging South Africans to forgive the people who persecuted him. Does it occur to you people that after the breakthrough, SA could have easily become Syria Or even Iraq if not for his forgiveness theories? Make thunder fire those Ghanaian black monkeys wey dey make dis foolish comparison.

Hey man pls, dont go that far of insulting them. Ghanaians are only being childish and envious. Afterall,Africans are supposed to be one.
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by ayonie: 1:21am On Dec 14, 2013
sweet_gala:

Are you a fool.
Mandela is a great man, a model of African dignity.

However dignity and influence are two very different human characteristics , they may co exist but are not same
Kwame Nkrumah has the greatest influence on African emancipation.
Nkrumah is without a doubt Africa's greatest hero, he was in all mannerisms and actions his quest lead to African independence.

Mandela's political influence is confined within south Africa alone.
His legacy was not because of anything exemplary he did before his conviction but his defiance of human tendencies for retribution, his unification of the oppressor and the oppressed under a rainbow nation.
Mandela became president not because he was elected but he was selected due to his passive stance after conviction of minimal violence.

It offends african nationalism that mandela is saluted as Africa's first son. Nkrumah's and Sankara had more influence on African idealism than mandela deared ever to, and they affected the faith of African beyond the borders they controlled immensely.
what the HELL is wrong with these mumu ghanaians,do you want to undo what has been done? Are you the only african country that has great leaders. You guys should keep your dirty crap shut. Or is debating who the greatest african leader the way to unite africans. You are all a disappointment!
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 14, 2013
Orikinla: Mandela was not a saint.
He could not even stay married to one woman.
And he only ruled independent South Africa more out of sympathy for him and the guilty conscience of white rulers.

Only an intellectually reta-rded person will say Madiba Nelson Mandela was the greatest African leader ever.
Léopold Sédar Senghor the Senegalese poet, politician, and cultural theorist and the first president of Senegal and first African elected as a member of the Académie française and father of Negritude achieved more for Senegal and Africa than Nelson Mandela. There were other great African leaders who achieved more for Pan African Renaissance than Madiba.

Generally, I regard the international men and women of God in Africa as the greatest Africans, from Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye to Reverend Dr. Obiora Ezekiel is the General Overseer of Christian Pentecostal Mission International and his anointed wife Rev. Dr. Mercy Ezekiel.

Judgemental, and very flawed post
We give up
Lol
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Jiggaman101: 1:53am On Dec 14, 2013
Lol

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by ayonie: 3:13am On Dec 14, 2013
[quote author=cap28]

can you please stop spreading falsehoods about Nkrumah all over this thread and learn to debate with facts.
Your facts are baseless cos there is no reason for debate here!
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by kolamilan(m): 7:34am On Dec 14, 2013
mandela>nkrumah
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by cap28: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2013
[quote author=ayonie][/quote]

why is there no reason for debate?
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by PetroDolla2: 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2013
chimzy2u: The comments i read baffles me! How on earth is dis a subject for debate? I see kwame nkrumah at par with the likes of Nnamdi Azikwe, nothing more. Do you know what it means to hold a conviction through 27 years of jail term and come out still holding that conviction? Even Urging South Africans to forgive the people who persecuted him. Does it occur to you people that after the breakthrough, SA could have easily become Syria Or even Iraq if not for his forgiveness theories? Make thunder fire those Ghanaian black monkeys wey dey make dis foolish comparison.

hahahahaha dirty smelly pig! chimzy? sounds like you come from a tribe of chimpanzees,huh? such a deluded lunatic. and where did you get the impression only Ghanaians acknowledged Nkrumah as being greater than Mandela? F00l! the fact that you resorted to such barbaric, crude and cannibalistic language and launched a needles attack shows that even my dog has more sense than a mudder fugger like you. Being Ghanaian is an honour, so deal with it dummy. sh1tnigerians smell like sh1t, talk like sh1t and always like to talk like sh1t. fsvck ya and your sh1thole

such scum sucking low life!

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by PetroDolla2: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2013
ayonie: what the HELL is wrong with these mumu ghanaians,do you want to undo what has been done? Are you the only african country that has great leaders. You guys should keep your dirty crap shut. Or is debating who the greatest african leader the way to unite africans. You are all a disappointment!
what the HELL is wrong with these shi1tty MUMUgerians? only fooools like you insult people for having an opinion different from their own. common sense did not tell you you can disagree without having to insult? no wonder some of us tend to wonder the kind of upbringing most of you MUMUgerians had. I bet most of you came from broken homes or had no parents or place at all to call home,huh? heard most of you sleep under the bridge, and that there is no electricity most of the time. even those who can afford generators end up having their brains messed up by generator fumes. from the comments one gets to read on NL it is obvious most MUMUgerians have an average IQ of 10! chei, una fvck up well well o. dustbin country grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by FOWOSIRE: 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2013
"Greatest" and by far less recognized and celebrated. Why are Ghanians in constant contest and denial? Fact is no one is competing with anybody we are all celebrating a man who lived his life for what he believed in. We love and respect him. And as for the other guy, I haven't even heard of him. By Ghanian standrads maybe the guy, but by the world's Mandela. Obama sef no fit brag where this man dey. Haba na fear God.
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2013
PetroDolla2: what the HELL is wrong with these shi1tty MUMUgerians? only fooools like you insult people for having an opinion different from their own. common sense did not tell you you can disagree without having to insult? no wonder some of us tends to wonder the kinds of upbringing most of you MUMUgerians had. I bet most of you came from broken homes or had no parents or place at all to call home,huh? heard most of you sleep under the bridge, and that there is no electricity most of the time. even those who can afford generators end up having their brains messed up by generator fumes. from the comments one gets to read on NL it is obvious most MUMUgerians have average IQ of 10! chei, una fvcked up well well. dustbin country grin

You can curse Nigeria all you want but believe me Bro, i don't know who the hell Nkrumah Is but Nelson Mandela rings a bell to everyone. Even kids born in the New Millennium.

Please tell us about Nkrumah. Who was he and what did he do for Africans? grin grin Sorry i can't use Google, i want to hear about Nkrumah from the horses mouth.

Thanks
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2013
rudedough:

You can curse Nigeria all you want but believe me Bro, i don't know who the hell Nkrumah Is but Nelson Mandela rings a bell to everyone. Even kids born in the New Millennium.

Please tell us about Nkrumah. Who was he and what did he do for Africans? grin grin Sorry i can't use Google, i want to hear about Nkrumah from the horses mouth.

Thanks

Did you read my posts at all?
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2013
Just to be clear, my posts on this thread were intended to clear up some of the misconceptions and historical inaccuracies being peddled about Nkrumah. As someone who takes these issues seriously, at no point did I disparage Mandela nor detract from his personal contributions.

To those who feel a debate like this has to be won by denigrating one for the other, it is instructive to note that both Nkrumah's (last) organisation (A-APRP) and Mandela' (ANC) maintain a strong brotherly alliance till this very day -- Brother/Sister Organizations and Alliances.
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Do you read my posts at all?

I didn't remember quoting eGuerrilla, i know i quoted PetroDolla2 unless both IDs belong to the same person. I did read the comment from PetroDolla2, it was filled with unnecessary insults.

If that was you Bro, i still want you to tell me about Nkrumah and what he has done for Africans.

Thanks
Re: Ghanaian - Nkrumah Is Greater Than Mandela by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2013
rudedough:

I didn't remember quoting eGuerrilla, i know i quoted PetroDolla2 unless both IDs belong to the same person. I did read the comment from PetroDolla2, it was filled with unnecessary insults.

If that was you Bro, i still want you to tell me about Nkrumah and what he has done for Africans.

Thanks

Are you just being deliberately obtuse?
What does it matter who quoted who.

I don't know who PetroDolla2 is, beyond the fact that he comes across as a narrow-minded micro-nationalist. The very antithesis of Nkrumaism. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sam Brinton Accused Of Stealing (Pics) / German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) / Iran Threatens To ‘review Nuclear Doctrine’ If Israel Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.