Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,936 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) (23067 Views)

German Citizens Hold 400-Car Motorcade To Show Support For Russia / As Russia Wages War, US Army Trains Officers On Gender Identity(Pics) / Stunning Photos Show Queen Elizabeth II In EVERY Year Of Her Reign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by WriterNig: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2023

The πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ German government has approved a law of self-determination allowing people to change their gender and name more easily, once a year.

German Family Minister Lisa Paus said a new law easing the path for individuals to officially change their gender had been approved by the Cabinet on Wednesday, hailing it as "a big moment" for transgender and intersex people.

The proposed "Self-Determination Act" allows for changes to be made in a simple procedure at government registry offices.

Paus said the reform served "to protect minorities who have been discriminated against for a long time and is socio-political progress."

Under current rules, individuals must submit two psychological reports to change the entries with a district court making the final decision. People who have gone through the process have complained that it is lengthy, costly and humiliating.

"Everyone has a right to the state respecting their gender identity," Justice Minister Marco Buschmann said. "The current law harasses transgender people. We want to end this undignified situation."

People wishing to make the change would only have to submit a simple self-disclosure to the relevant authority.

The draft law envisages that the change must now be registered three months before the declaration is made. After the change, there is a one-year blocking period for a new change.

For children under 14, the parents would submit the necessary declaration to the registry office. Young people aged 14 and over can do this themselves, but only with the consent of their parents. A family court would resolve conflicts within the family.

The reform would also prevent a person's previous gender from being revealed against their will, under the threat of a fine. However, the government says there are exceptions here, and that the law would not allow people to escape criminal prosecution by changing their name and gender.

DW || Euro News

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by WriterNig: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2023
Mental illness. The πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ West is in steady decline. Nothing lasts forever.

More power to πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί BRICS & the global south traditional values.

226 Likes 20 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Fireboy02: 10:12am On Aug 26, 2023
I dont give a fvck

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Ebubu3: 10:18am On Aug 26, 2023
The β€œCaucasian” race is dying. It is retrogressing.

200 Likes 12 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Svoboda(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2023
It is for reason of this sort of identity revisionism sweeping around the west like a plague, that i support the enthronement of rightwing govts all over europe. Most times, it is a battle within me, considering that i am leftwing ideologically.

Politically, centrist and leftwing govts are bowing to satan, and are enthroning satanism, whereas The extreme rightwiing are promoting the family culture of a man and wife as is seen in russia, belarus and hungary, and are also against all forms of gender change and homosexuality.

This is fundamental to the west, and is a major factor in its onslaught against putin, using Ukraine as a smokescreen.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Zionmdde: 10:29am On Aug 26, 2023
Everyone should have the right to choose their own country. You can't force me to be a Nigerian when my emotions are aligned to that of an Australian or Norwegian

Mad people

192 Likes 24 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by EwuuGambia: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2023
I'm already doing that here on Nairaland.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Pakute: 10:45am On Aug 26, 2023
Underaged are not even exempted, i can see under 14 are also eligible. Na sports go suffer pass, gender confusion go yapa, especially football academy where kids are being trained, imagine the madness that would take over locker room.
MMA legend Khabib Nomargomedov said he wanted to use the rest room at a resturant, when he got to the first door, it was written "all gender ", same on the second door and he had to knock on the door and say "hello, who's there" before he could go in. He ordinarily would have walked in if it was only a male toilet. We should all just brace up for the madness that's about to engulf the world.

179 Likes 12 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 10:49am On Aug 26, 2023
"Humanity can not be trusted with its own freedom" .. I've always pondered on these lines from the movie CA:TWS.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2023
WriterNig:
Mental illness. The West is in steady decline. Nothing lasts forever.

More power to BRICS & the global south traditional values.

With such policy very common in West, then BRICS has come to stay.

22 Likes

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Offpoint1: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2023
These white folks are hell bend on altering natural course/programme of humans

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by oluwaseyi0: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2023
Th
Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by babaRUNtinz(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2023
Orisirisi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by madridguy(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2023
Jakpa Jakpa crew, make una look very well before you leap... Make person no come Nairaland come dey on how I carry my baby girl SARAH go Germany and only for her to reach Germany and change her name to ADAM tongue

The Whites are getting confused day in day out.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Mitsurugi(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2023
grin
Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Postinor: 11:15am On Aug 26, 2023
Mental cases

2 Likes

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by jnrbayano(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2023
Fireboy02:
I dont give a fvck

Eminem
Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Dreamhighnow(m): 11:15am On Aug 26, 2023
Congrats. Next
Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
Lmaoooooo
Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by BarrElChapo(m): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
EwuuGambia:
I'm already doing that here on Nairaland.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by RajahBaltazar: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
A law they will soon reverse when it causes administrative complications.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by GeneralPula: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
Nawa o
Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by pradoyeep: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
S
Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Iseoluwani: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
awon werey

2 Likes

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by tunjijones(m): 11:16am On Aug 26, 2023
Nonsense. So I, as a man can claim I am a woman and go and play in the women football team.

I as Jones can commit a crime in 2023 and by the year 2025 my name wld have changed to Jane and my gender changed to female. Tell me how they intend to manage such information and database.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by treesun: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2023
WriterNig:

The πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ German government has approved a law of self-determination allowing people to change their gender and name more easily, once a year.

German Family Minister Lisa Paus said a new law easing the path for individuals to officially change their gender had been approved by the Cabinet on Wednesday, hailing it as "a big moment" for transgender and intersex people.

The proposed "Self-Determination Act" allows for changes to be made in a simple procedure at government registry offices.

Paus said the reform served "to protect minorities who have been discriminated against for a long time and is socio-political progress."

Under current rules, individuals must submit two psychological reports to change the entries with a district court making the final decision. People who have gone through the process have complained that it is lengthy, costly and humiliating.

"Everyone has a right to the state respecting their gender identity," Justice Minister Marco Buschmann said. "The current law harasses transgender people. We want to end this undignified situation."

People wishing to make the change would only have to submit a simple self-disclosure to the relevant authority.

The draft law envisages that the change must now be registered three months before the declaration is made. After the change, there is a one-year blocking period for a new change.

For children under 14, the parents would submit the necessary declaration to the registry office. Young people aged 14 and over can do this themselves, but only with the consent of their parents. A family court would resolve conflicts within the family.

The reform would also prevent a person's previous gender from being revealed against their will, under the threat of a fine. However, the government says there are exceptions here, and that the law would not allow people to escape criminal prosecution by changing their name and gender.

The world indeed is close to an end!

4 Likes

Re: German Citizens Can Now Change Their Gender & Name Every Year (Photos) by Guyman01: 11:17am On Aug 26, 2023
As long as they don't interfere in our affairs under the guise of freedom and democracy they can run their country however they wish and we live our own lives according to our customs and traditions

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sam Brinton Accused Of Stealing (Pics) / AU, UN, ECOWAS Delegation Head To Niger For Talks / Teen Saved A Little Girl From A Kidnapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.