Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (4493 Views)

What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa / Is Nigeria A Giant Of Africa / Woe! To Nigerian Government. Ghana Is Now The Giant Of Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 12, 2013

3 Likes

Re: . by guass(m): 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
NIGERIANS ARE THE CAUSES OF THEIR PROBLEMS, UNDERDEVELOPMENT AND CORRUPTION.

2 Likes

Re: . by guass(m): 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
guass: NIGERIANS ARE THE CAUSES OF THEIR PROBLEMS, UNDERDEVELOPMENT AND CORRUPTION.
I MEAN U & I. PERIOD
Re: . by Egbagirl(f): 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2013
Scorpionking: Nigerians are ignorant about other parts of africa.Nigeria is not even 7th place in giant of Africa. I often hear you guys mocking countries like zimbabwe and namibia. Have you ever been to Zimbabwe? Zimbabwe and the rest of southern Africa are incomparable to shitty west Africa,Southern Africa like Botswana,Namibia,Swaziland,Zimbabwe and south Africa have subtropical climate like Southern California and Australia ,blue skies,rolling hills,snow capped mountains etc,4 seasons,even the nature is amazing ,that is why even white people love and settle in Southern Africa.
even without skyscrapers the southern Africa is generally more appealing.you guys need to travel more.western African climate is simply not conducive for first world development.Africa is a big continent,not every were in Africa is like Nigeria
the countries likely to be first world in Africa by 2040 are Botswana,South Africa,Namibia,Swaziland and zimbabwe

Okay, thanks. btw, where are you from? Southern Africa?

Btw, don't be too quick to talk about Zim. It's only how many years old? If care isn't taken, it will start to live on past glory. It has already started because Zimbabwe 10 years ago is not Zimbabwe today. Fact.
As for SA, the white people never left hence...

Oh and don't get me wrong. I don't believe Nigeria is all that either. At least, not anymore and certainly not in all areas.
Re: . by fijiano202(m): 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
hmmm...Nigeriais the giant of water ways or water side
Re: . by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 13, 2013
East Africa is also quite appealing, the areas at high altitude that is. Central and west Africa are just hell on earth, that's why tourist don't even bother visiting.

2 Likes

Re: . by Chylo(m): 2:11am On Dec 13, 2013
I can swear that I have always argued that our climate is a serious limiting factor to our development. I posed a question to someone once, name one country that experiences a proper winter that is not developed to a large extent. The person was silent. I think the heat messes with our brains, and does not favour FDI cos foreigners cant stand it.

I proposed then that air conditioning systems in Africa (everywhere possible - schools, offices, buses even bus-stops eventually) was not a luxury but a necessity to development, and I still stand by it. Think about it, anywhere there is AC, don't you notice people behave calmer? Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: . by ImHotepX: 2:18am On Dec 13, 2013
Nigeria is the giant of failure, corruption, population. educated idiots and grandiose delusions.

Ghana is the giant of West Africa. Angola is the giant of Central Africa. Ethiopia is the giant of East Africa. Algeria and Egypt are the giants of North Africa. And South Africa is the giant of South Africa.

Africa is a continent with many regional giants - but no real king. No big brother to help the little brothers out. Hence why the continent is fvcked up. sad

1 Like

Re: . by Jiggaman101: 3:16am On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: Nigerians are ignorant about other parts of africa.Nigeria is not even 7th place in giant of Africa. I often hear you guys mocking countries like zimbabwe and namibia. Have you ever been to Zimbabwe? Zimbabwe and the rest of southern Africa are incomparable to shitty west Africa,Southern Africa like Botswana,Namibia,Swaziland,Zimbabwe and south Africa have subtropical climate like Southern California and Australia ,blue skies,rolling hills,snow capped mountains etc,4 seasons,even the nature is amazing ,that is why even white people love and settle in Southern Africa.
even without skyscrapers the southern Africa is generally more appealing.you guys need to travel more.western African climate is simply not conducive for first world development.Africa is a big continent,not every were in Africa is like Nigeria
the countries likely to be first world in Africa by 2040 are Botswana,South Africa,Namibia,Swaziland and zimbabwe

Damn what did west Africans do to you. By the way Europeans don't mess with west Africans because we are more aggressive, smarter, both street and book. From sports, music, movies and intellect, no part of Africa can be compare to west Africans. In Europe it is mostly west Africans dominating the sports, music, movies and top universities. The same goes for America, Canada and Australia. Yeah Southern Africa may be more developed but west Africa dominated in all areas. If we were to get our acts together no part of Africa would be compared.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:25am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: . by Jiggaman101: 3:41am On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: anyone with common sense knows that what i stated is fact .you are just a typical arrogant Nigerian nuisance always beating your chest with nothing to show for. I am Actually nigerian and telling you fact and you are spewing rubbish.
In Addition to the beautiful climate and nature, Southern Africa also has low sustainable and calmer intelligent and humble population as opposed to overpopulated,agressive ,tribalistic,scummy west african population.in fact Nigerians are a nussance who provoke the southern african out of their usually peaceful nature.

First of all I am not Nigerian but Ghanaian. Southern Africans are more calmer and obey the law. I already said west Africans tend to be loud, arrogant, but we also tend to be more athletic and yes we tend to dominate when it comes to sports, music, and even education. We might have bleeped up government, go to the west and african doctors, engineers and others are west Africans. The same with sports. While Southern Africa may be more developed and others. West Africans tend to
Dominate everywhere we go.
Re: . by osystein(m): 3:48am On Dec 13, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Damn what did west Africans do to you. By the way Europeans don't mess with west Africans because we are more aggressive, smarter, both street and book. From sports, music, movies and intellect, no part of Africa can be compare to west Africans. In Europe it is mostly west Africans dominating the sports, music, movies and top universities. The same goes for America, Canada and Australia. Yeah Southern Africa may be more developed but west Africa dominated in all areas. If we were to get our acts together no part of Africa would be compared.

Ha ha ha, quite right, but doesn't the huge population contribute to whatever advantage west Africa has? 350million vs 60million.
Re: . by Jiggaman101: 3:59am On Dec 13, 2013
osystein:

Ha ha ha, quite right, but doesn't the huge population contribute to whatever advantage west Africa has? 350million vs 60million.

Could be?
Re: . by greatgod2012(f): 4:00am On Dec 13, 2013
This is a Nigeria bashing thread.

I will not join you people because "t'eni nt'eni, t'akisa ni taatan".

Nigeria is my country and i believe that Nigeria will still be better. We may not be giant today, but we'll definitely get there.

All other countries in Africa too have their own shortcomings too, but it shall be well with Africa.

3 Likes

Re: . by osystein(m): 4:02am On Dec 13, 2013
Southern Africa is also AIDS-ridden, though the transmittion rate is the lowest in Africa, meaning they've got it under control, but still...
Re: . by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: . by Egbagirl(f): 4:38am On Dec 13, 2013
Chylo: I can swear that I have always argued that our climate is a serious limiting factor to our development. I posed a question to someone once, name one country that experiences a proper winter that is not developed to a large extent. The person was silent. I think the heat messes with our brains, and does not favour FDI cos foreigners cant stand it.

I proposed then that air conditioning systems in Africa (everywhere possible - schools, offices, buses even bus-stops eventually) was not a luxury but a necessity to development, and I still stand by it. Think about it, anywhere there is AC, don't you notice people behave calmer? Food for thought.

Some African countries have winter (southern Africa) and some Asia countries too. :/
Re: . by Egbagirl(f): 4:39am On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: Nigeria's population is 170million and projected to reach 300million by 2025. Nigerians are sex maniacs with perverted insatiable libido

Mscheeeeeew. Here I was thinking this was going to a sensible thread with proper discussions. Oshi + oshi.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 13, 2013
Re: . by osystein(m): 4:56am On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: Nigeria's population is 170million and projected to reach 300million by 2025. Nigerians are sex maniacs with perverted insatiable libido

Though I agree that people are having too many babies, I also believe that the current and projected population figures are grossly exaggerated. The southern African countries have higher rapε stats, ofcoz this might be due to better law enforcement and the definition of rapε (spousal rapε is not illegal in Nigeria). Anyways, I can't find any rapε stats for most african countries including Nigeria.
Re: . by ojeoguc: 5:16am On Dec 13, 2013
And who told u that climate and skyscrapers is what makes a nation giant. Nigeria is giant of africa because of our population and our consuming power . And we contribute more that any other african in a any A U mission . And don't forget we are d second largest Economy in the continent .
Re: . by osystein(m): 5:41am On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: I believe that the aids was created by the whites to annihilate the blacks so that they can take over the beautiful southern africa.
If west and central africa had appealing climate and nature ,the whites would have stayed back and dominate the land.

Well, that might be the case, but from my research on Google, the migrant labour system seems to be responsible for the high hiv prevalence rate in southern Africa.
Here's one link.. http://brown.edu/Administration/News_Bureau/2006-07/06-095.html
Re: . by osystein(m): 5:46am On Dec 13, 2013
ojeogu. c:
And who told u that climate and skyscrapers is what makes a nation giant. Nigeria is giant of africa because of our population and our consuming power . And we contribute more that any other african in a any A U mission . And don't forget we are d second largest Economy in the continent .

Yes, largest population, army, oil producer and largest economy after rebasing.
Re: . by juman(m): 5:51am On Dec 13, 2013
guass: NIGERIANS ARE THE CAUSES OF THEIR PROBLEMS, UNDERDEVELOPMENT AND CORRUPTION.

People of IBB generation are chronically useless people they ruled for decades and destroyed the country.

The way out is to divide the country.

Many of the so called present leaders are under performing.
Re: . by EzePromoe: 7:00am On Dec 13, 2013
Chylo: I can swear that I have always argued that our climate is a serious limiting factor to our development. I posed a question to someone once, name one country that experiences a proper winter that is not developed to a large extent. The person was silent. I think the heat messes with our brains, and does not favour FDI cos foreigners cant stand it.

Going By your logic, then Qatar should have been the poorest and least underdeveloped country in Asia.
Please stop giving climate as an excuse. Nigeria in the 1980s was one of the promising countries in the world with stable economy and world class facilities.

1 Like

Re: . by ba7man(m): 7:55am On Dec 13, 2013

What should the people in the U.A.E and Saudi now say??

Let me alert the Moderators to move this thread to the trash bin its supposed to be.
Re: . by lekkie073(m): 9:15am On Dec 13, 2013
op, did u inhale something u r no supposed to?
Re: . by lekkie073(m): 9:26am On Dec 13, 2013
op, ur argument is based on which index?
Re: . by lekkie073(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2013
the major indices to measure a nation's strength are, available manpower(population), economic activity, natural resources. in these, Nigeria is truly a giant in Africa. but I know u ppl will start to use irrelevant indices like steady power supply, good roads and good government. even china's govt is more corrupt than Nigeria govt. that doesn't stop China from being d giant of Asia.
Re: . by vizboy(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2013
Scorpionking: anyone with common sense knows that what i stated is fact .you are just a typical arrogant Nigerian nuisance always beating your chest with nothing to show for. I am Actually nigerian and telling you fact and you are spewing rubbish.
In Addition to the beautiful climate and nature, Southern Africa also has low sustainable and calmer intelligent and humble population as opposed to overpopulated,agressive ,fraudulent,tribalistic,scummy west african population.in fact Nigerians are a nuisance who provoke the southern Africans out of their usually peaceful nature.
If I ever move to Africa i prefer to live in a ranch in Namibia my favourite african country after Botswana,Swaziland and Zimbabwe.I love Zimbabwe girls,I want to be buried in Namibia when I die,I am planning to renounce my American citizenship and finally move to namibia .

You say you are a nigerian, yeah I doubt it. I think You are just a bitter southafrican, do you think Nigeria is called gaint of africa due to our development level actually the answer is NO.

We are called gaint of africa because of our population and the big brother role we often play in AU missions so take it or leave it you cant dispute the fact that we are gaint of Africa, and stop been jealous.

Have read through your post on these thread and I dont think you are a nigerian and please stop all the jealousy that is the one reason africa is still lagging behind jealousy, how will africa grow when all will do is fight among ourselves.
Re: . by vizboy(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2013
lekkie073: the major indices to measure a nation's strength are, available manpower(population), economic activity, natural resources. in these, Nigeria is truly a giant in Africa. but I know u ppl will start to use irrelevant indices like steady power supply, good roads and good government. even china's govt is more corrupt than Nigeria govt. that doesn't stop China from being d giant of Asia.

dont mind the op. He just have a very bias mind

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Puts A Big Crocodile In Pothole After Government Refused To Fix It [PHOTOS] / Gov. Rochas Okorocha Builds The Largest Bridge In Southeast (pics) / Hausa Is Gone, Only Igbo And Yoruba Can End Fulani Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.