Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,887 members, 7,848,575 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name (8226 Views)

This Israeli Soldier Has Igbo Name:. Picture. / Igbo's It Time To Set The Record Straight. / Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2013
musiwa112: Ola def, if you claim obasanjo mean anything please tell me. i am only trying to find out if someone knows the meaning. but as a yorubaman, and spoken to so many yorubas.. no single person said they know the meaning. even people from ogun state. so this is why, i am trying to find out. it is not a funny thing but more of research that will increase my knowledge.

sanjo does not mean anything

so that is why i want to know , someone ask me for the meaning of the name. i could not tell them. so i also ask several people who are yorubas and ogun state, they dont know too.
musiwa, oba-sanjo as meaning and is typical yoruba name so I can't stop figure out why u claim u're yoruba maybe you will need to let us all know the type of yoruba u ar, and for the question u ask ? There ar not any reasonable meaning of oba-sanjo I can give u except from the one you can see many nairalanders as already commented , thanks but step up ur game!
Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by dolas12292(m): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2013
Ola def2: u surely need a serious deliverance if u claim u ar yoruba and oba- sanjo doesn't make any meaning to u Shm for u

Abeg help me lecture am o, maybe him Yoruba no complete
Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by dolas12292(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2013
Trail ii: I always try to ignore ur stupidity and madness on dis site but dis I can't let it go. Ure such an ignoramos. Where are Ɣøû from self? I rilli doubt if ure a yoruba man. Oba= king, sanjo= live to expectation, live a fulfill life. Join both together and use dat ur empty calabash on your neck. Just as in babasanjo, ibisanjo....
I go employ you to come dey teach Yoruba for my Bro school. See first class teaching abeg. Thumbs up o! You're a true Nigerian

Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by musiwa112: 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
laykhorn:

you think obasanjo means anything in yoruba.. it does not mean anything... sanjo mean to liveup or chop up. is just a bus conductor creation in lagos.. from one fuji musician. who created chopup from obasanjo name from fela song

so people would say, you are not smart if you dont sanjo meaning to say to another others.. they just create liveup meaning from obasanjo name. obasanjo name created smartup in yorubaland. ti o ba sanjo..o ti fail meaning if you dont steal you have fail. it is just a bus conductor creation.. from obasanjo name..

they say, if say if you dont get into govt like obasanjo .. and sanjo, you are not smart. that you are suwegbe

but the correct thing is , i dont know what obasanjo mean .. i am curious to know.

you are talking to a yoruba person who is an egile in yoruba. i even te ka

my family is oduduwa first child and i will tell you. obasanjo means nothing.

this is where that confusion cross my mind, about the man call obasanjo. and i had many family members who lived in abeokuta , one of them and he was born in abeokuta, he is older than obasanjo and he said obasanjo father is igbo many years ago.. but his mother was egba.

so this is why i am curious of obasanjo name meaning.
Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by musiwa112: 1:28pm On Dec 13, 2013
people over here ask me all the time what obasanjo mean. this is why i need to know.
Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by wawaboy1(m): 1:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Judeze aka musiwa. Ur right. Obj is frm delta igbo
Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by olabukola: 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
Ship to Abakiliki or Mbaise then.
Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by laykhorn(m): 2:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
musiwa

do you still mean to tell me that you dont know the meaning of obasanjo upon the lecture? OR you're still insisting that obasanjo is Igbo? Its clear already.
Dude! Grow up.
Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by talktimi(m): 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
Trail ii: ode!! Can Ɣøû hear urself sanjo does not mean anything. Y not go back hm and ask ur father d meaning of sanjo b4 Ɣøû spill trash here... Attention seeker... Ignoramos...
someone made a polite request to you yet you insult him. No one has a monopoly over knowledge thats why we learn everyday
Re: Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name by Alishachris: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
laykhorn: musiwa

do you still mean to tell me that you dont know the meaning of obasanjo upon the lecture? OR you're still insisting that obasanjo is Igbo? Its clear already.
Dude! Grow up.

There's a possibility that obansanjo might be ibo citing his stark resemblance to the late obi of Onitsha. And concuriring with what musiwa said, that Chances are higher.

OBA in ibo means wealth, richness or a bank.....as in oba ji meaning a Yam Barn.

so-njo in ibo means so ugly.

so add the two together and u'd get something similar to 'someone that hordes ugliness' or something similar. looking at OBJ, his dad is not far from the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 15 Patience Jonathan’s English Blunders, What A First Lady… / Kogi 2019: I’m Not Contesting – Faleke Restates / Edo Central Motorpark Vs Lagos Bus Stations In Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.