Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (25755 Views)

Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians / Reward Amaechi For His Courageous Support, North Tells Buhari / IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Texcee(f): 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2008
sherry lo:

Who was that Idiot that called Yoruba's parasites? anyway break up or no break up I know Yoruba's are ready!.One Nigeria? fine.Odua republic?fine.Oil out? fine.Yoruba's are not lazy people.Anyway northen Governors no vex,no break up hun?.

Don't mind the clown abeg. Yorubas are ready like you rightly said. Besides not being lazy people, yorubaland
is rich in resources.

They still have rich deposits of bitumen untapped in Ondo state. Ondo state also currently produces about 6% of Nigeria's oil, so that's over $100 million dollars per month.

All of the duties from Apapa and Tin Can Island ports would come to Yorubaland.

All of the businesses in Lagos - the banks, the telecoms etc would all pay taxes to Yorubaland. As we speak,
most of the non-oil taxes generated by the Federal Inland Revenue Service are from Lagos State.
- I would say close to 70%.

Yorubaland also produces the most cocoa in Nigeria and they export that. They produce cassava, yams,
kola nuts, rubber, palm produce etc.

Yorubaland also has the numbers - 40 million strong.

So, yorubas have a lot going for them.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 9:41pm On Aug 09, 2008
By Gadogado,
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South
« #239 on: Today at 12:35:37 AM »
[b]
@dayorx, its always funny when yorubas claim to have some superior intellectual capacity than other nigerians, if you are the most educated and thus by implication the most intellectual then why have you only produced 1 yoruba leader, Obasanjo is the only one and the both times he was president, he was only so because northerners backed him, without northerners, yorubas would not have produced a single yoruba leader, so wheres your education?Huh, the thing is is, you have to look at history to know where you stand, was it not the hausa/fulani danfodio dynasty that conquered yoruba land, they took islam all the way to the heart of yoruba land i:e oyo kingdom and this happened some 2-3 hundered years ago, not much has changed, yorubas have never dreamt of invading the north, but the north invaded them, from illorin all the way to oyo and lagos thus establsihing islam in those areas. Northerners have always been more sophiticated and educated. Today yorubas are more educated (western) but you underestimate northerners but they used education (islamic) to conquer you and remain in power even after independence till today, yar'adua is authentic hausa/fulani. The same islamic education mind you led the arabs to conquer everything from indonesia to spain, romania and those parts of europe, don't underestimate islamic intellectualism. northerners are very educated (islamically). OBJ could have said he was going to hand over to an igbo man but he didnt, he knows his masters, he brought power back to the north. and the fact is, northerners will remain in power till the day nigeria disintergrates, this is the fact and if you want, watch and see. Look at the history!!!!through out history, yorubas have been fighting among themselves which is why the hausa/fulani empire conquered them. It will not stop anytime soon, The north however has always remained united because of the culture.[/b]

Unbelievable. You need help ASAP.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2008
Desert people are not the only parasite, Yoruba's are among

@ deepzone
u don't seem to thk straight ,u forget that yorubas represent the think tank of this nation how can u call yorubas parasites,the hub of the nigerian economy is in lagos,i.i and ife were built with cocoa money,with all the oil money thers been no visible development in the niger delta.
the local govt don't function,all they do is collect money and share it.i know this because im serving in bayelsa where no young man is interested in working all he does is wake up in the morning and start drinking beer,and breed kids like rabbits and they want resource control yeah right

Are you alright? Are you confusing me with someone else?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2008
@grafikdon, you're still guilty of the same thing, would you agree that you dont really know what something is about without learning it, then you'd have to learn what sharia is about to know what it entails, at least this should be agreeable to all. dont judge something that you dont yet know, Sharia applies to muslims not christians or people of other faiths but if we implement sharia in Nigeria, then naturally, christians and animists will see the beauty of it and convert to islam on their own, with no coersion. Many muslims in the world today saw the perfect islamic system which attracted them to it and made them convert to islam, you see my grandfather from my mothers side was a reverend father in nigeria, very hardcore christian and as a child i went to church and my fathers side are muslims so i can rightfully boast of knowing both sides and Islam is the true religion of God, but obviously you'd have to learn about it to know what im talking about. your knowledge at this time is apparently very insufficient, there is alot of emotional ranting in your posts but very little substance and objectivity. Islam is true justice and peace!!!when practiced sincerely (non politically). what im saying is you're not learned in the area of sharia, you're just going by reactions of those who are threatned by the justice of it and take a little piece of it that seems harsh and they manipulate people like you to think its nasty but you cant really know something if you go by a small portion as opposed to the whole picture.

@tpia, yes im in the US and that doesnt make me a hypocrite one bit,im here for school and once im done ill go to nigeria and implement sharia for the whole country. Ive seen US law, studied it and i can attest that it is primitive and unjust, did you know a law in America once upon a time said if you're black and you get caught reading or learning how to read,you were to be executed.This was law (in the books), their law changes to suit the interests of the powerful or majority or popular sentiments or public opinion. American law is the purest form of hypocrisy. Sharia is prescribed in the Quran and can never be changed to suit somebody because it encompasses everything because it is divine. note that statutory laws may be created to suit the environment or contemporary problems but the core must remain "sharia". Whenever someone calls something barbaric then it means they dont know about it enough, nothing is barbaric, not even the lives and customs practiced by nomadic/tribal africans. It is beautiful in its own right.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2008
Texcee:

They still have rich deposits of bitumen untapped in Ondo state. Ondo state also currently produces about 6% of Nigeria's oil, so that's over $100 million dollars per month.

lol. . . . do you think that if Nigeria was to divide, that the countries would be cut across current state lines. . . . you better believe that if Nigeria fragmented, we Ijaws will be taking our brothers in Ondo State with us. . . . lol. . . .abeg do your fiscal budgeting again, let us see what you are left with after fragmentation.  grin grin grin

We will even let the Ibos take the unproductive Igboid parts of Rivers State since they like to claim Rivers State so much.  grin grin grin
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2008
@deepzone, better for you to say something that makes sense, something that has substance, something that counters my argument than advising me to get help, do you have anything to say i doubt it. It is true that the hausa/fulani conquered yorubaland, it is true that the British left the country in the hands of the hausa/fulani when they were leaving in the late 50's, it is true that the north has produced the bulk of nigeria's leaders and it is true that the northerners comprises the bulk of the elite in nigeria, it is also true that the wealthiest black man in the world is a northern nigerian (hausa man from kano) it is also true that 70% of nigerias wealthy are northerners, so when someone starts saying things like oh it is the yoruba that are the most educated and this or that and by implication,yorubas have some kind of hold on nigeria, it is proper for me to counter that line of thought, i actually beleive that yorubas are very educated and industrious like igbos and hausas, education is education whether western or non western, but it irks me when i see/hear/read yorubas calling hausa people maiguard or almajiri or aboki and other deragatory terms because they feel that they're "educated" (whatever that entails) no you should be calling us GCON, head of state, president, CEO since we have produced the babangidas, yar'aduas, dangote's, gambari's. i despise the yoruba condescending attitude towards northerners, when infact, the same northerners have been ruling you and have turned you into serfs with all your so called education, next time say something substantial.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by tpia: 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2008
gadogodo:

I really want to respond to your stupid posts but you're making it hard for me because you don't seem to know the rudiments of grammar. In the time you say you spent at an American university, didnt they teach you about paragraphs, commas and full stops? Or were you too busy daydreaming about Saudi Arabia, women, and alcohol, to pay attention to these very basic elements of writing?

Anyway, we could spend the rest of the day on this thread if I have your time, but meanwhile you may want to check out the Muslim section of this board, because as is usual with your type, your knowledge of the outside world is limited to whatever your imam brainwashed you with.

Maybe you missed road to the politics section.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Texcee(f): 10:44pm On Aug 09, 2008
gadogado:

[s]@deepzone, better for you to say something that makes sense, something that has substance, something that counters my argument than advising me to get help, do you have anything to say i doubt it. It is true that the hausa/fulani conquered yorubaland, it is true that the British left the country in the hands of the hausa/fulani when they were leaving in the late 50's, it is true that the north has produced the bulk of nigeria's leaders and it is true that the northerners comprises the bulk of the elite in nigeria, it is also true that the wealthiest black man in the world is a northern nigerian (hausa man from kano) it is also true that 70% of nigerias wealthy are northerners, so when someone starts saying things like oh it is the yoruba that are the most educated and this or that and by implication,yorubas have some kind of hold on nigeria, it is proper for me to counter that line of thought,[/s]

gadogado:

i actually believe that yorubas are very educated and industrious like igbos and hausas,

gadogado,

Please don't compare the yorubas with hausas when it comes to being educated and industrious. That is a
down right insult.

Your phrase should have been i actually believe that yorubas are very educated and industrious like igbos

Hausas have no place in this equation especially in terms of education.

Many thanks.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Texcee(f): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2008
Food Production in Nigeria - How everyone fares

As can be seen from the diagram, Southern nigeria is not only rich in oil and resources, but they produce
the most food for the country.

Southerners also have more relatives abroad that send money to their
loved ones back in Nigeria. They also transfer their knowledge and skills
home from abroad e.g. Okonjo-Iweala from the World Bank.

So, who will fare better if the country breaks up ?

Note: - Kwara, Kogi and Benue are middle belt states and are not considered the North.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 2:46am On Aug 10, 2008
@tpia, i have no time to write an essay for you, i magined nairaland enthusiasts possessed the intuition and imagination to read through something informal, to me, this is informal stuff so i dont have to write to you like im seeking a contract. People on here write in pidgeon english, i dont think you have a problem with that, do you? But please say something that has substance, it is not enough for you to come and say "i dont have your time, but if i did, blah blah blah" say what you have to say if you have anything to say that is. Saudi is an example i gave you so that you can see the positives of sharia. Like i was saying, that society is crime free, almost non existent. Just an example, now compare that to the US or UK where murders take place every half hour, rape is rampant, theft and robbery everywhere, con men doing their tricks, injustice, depression, alcohol abuse, just all out madness and craziness. Look at Saudi, where the murder rate is 2.8 in 100,000 people, in the US alone, the murder rate is 3808 in 100,000 people. So bros, do you catch my drift SO theres no brainwasing here, im giving you hard facts and a brief comparitive societal analysis in the area of crime and social vice. The US is supposed to possess the greatest and most magnificient legal code and constitution in the world. One that ensures freedom right? with such a perfect system, why are there so many imperfections? Its almost like southerners worship the US, its sad

@Texcee, I hope you realize that Niger, Benue, kaduna and kogi are all northern states, thus, incase of a cessation of any region, those states would remain part of the north, on the benue license plate, it says "food basket of the nation" right? guess what, benue is the north. Furthermore, your stats are completely bogus. I dont beleive them one bit, food production in Nigeria is not distributed like that, maybe if you were talking to an uneducated person then i'd beleive you. But going by the stats you presented, the southern production of millet and sorghum is non existent just as that of yams and cassava in the upper north is, this is a climate issue not production. Are those the only food groups you can come up with?? The north has a strong monopoly on sugar and flour production/importation. even cement, northerners own the bulk of its production. Stop assuming that you can breeze through creation of a stable nation without the north. If Nigeria breaks apart, all regions will suffer because the dynamics of the economy are so intertwined, It'll be like a divorce from a 45 yr marriage that produced 5 children where both parents worked and built their home together (purchased/paid for everything with nearly equal contribution) just that maybe the father earned more money. And they're trying to separate and divide everything including the children, both will suffer. Thats how you should see it. If you had been reading my posts, you'd have realized that the north may not be at par with you in western education but that doesnt mean the north isint educated islamically which is what they used to conquer your land and implant Islam in OYO kingdom which was truly a blessing for that place. dont over-focus on western education, what is education acquisition of skill abi?? or knowledge, ehen, so does knowledge or skill come from only one source?? THINK, with northern lack of education, why do they have a hold on nigerian politics?? instead of the more educated yorubas?and obasanjo is sooooo educated by virtue of him being yoruba isint he??
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 8:02am On Aug 10, 2008
@Moderator Sir kobojunkie,
Can you please disable this thread because Dr GadoGado is spewing uncontrollable hatred and disseminating false information here about the yorubas?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2008
All these people saying the North produces this and that. It doesn't phocking matter. Whatever each part cannot produce, they will buy from the World Market. We definitely don't need the North's meagre production of foodstuff and the divorce will be very easy on the South because we will buy whatever we don't produce from Cameroun, Ghana, Cotonou etc. We will even buy from the North (at the same prices we are buying now). At the end of the day, it is not like the North is subsidizing the food they produce. We still pay the same price as we would if we bought from Cameroun. . . .therefore, to hell with them. Do you think Dangote will stop selling us sugar just because we split from them? His sugar will still have to come and compete for our dollars with Cuban and Latin American sugar. Their wheat is no cheaper than European wheat. If they don't sell to us, who would they sell to? Niger and Chad? lol. We are the no 1 consumer society in West Africa. They need us. On the other hand, they would have to pay the full $130.00/barrell of oil as they would on the World Market. We are the ones subsidizing them, not the other way around. This agricultural argument of theirs is an economic fallacy. If they really were that agriculturally strong, they would have buffered Nigeria from the recent rise in the price of soft goods. Economic divorce would be as easy as cutting off a cancer. Infact, within ten years of fragmentation, our agricultural sector will be stronger than theirs. And the middle-belt people will absolutely refuse to go with the North. Just ask Gideon Orkar.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by WilyWily: 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2008
gadogado:

@deepzone, better for you to say something that makes sense,
i actually beleive that yorubas are very educated and industrious like igbos and hausas, education is education whether western or non western, but it irks me when i see/hear/read yorubas calling hausa people maiguard or almajiri or aboki and other deragatory terms because they feel that they're "educated" (whatever that entails) no you should be calling us GCON, head of state, president, CEO since we have produced the babangidas, yar'aduas, dangote's, gambari's. i despise the yoruba condescending attitude towards northerners, when infact, the same northerners have been ruling you and have turned you into serfs with all your so called education, next time say something substantial.
Kai
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by sherrylo: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2008
Ibime you will take your brothers in Ondo state with you,so the yoruba's in Ondo state are now your brothers?.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2008
sherry lo:

Ibime you will take your brothers in Ondo state with you,so the yoruba's in Ondo state are now your brothers?.

lol. . . . we will take the coast of Ondo state where our brothers are. . . remember that 85% of Ondo's oil is in the sea.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2008
All these people saying the North produces this and that. It doesn't phocking matter. Whatever each part cannot produce, they will buy from the World Market. We definitely don't need the North's meagre production of foodstuff and the divorce will be very easy on the South because we will buy whatever we don't produce from Cameroun, Ghana, Cotonou etc. We will even buy from the North (at the same prices we are buying now). At the end of the day, it is not like the North is subsidizing the food they produce. We still pay the same price as we would if we bought from Cameroun. . . .therefore, to hell with them. Do you think Dangote will stop selling us sugar just because we split from them? His sugar will still have to come and compete for our dollars with Cuban and Latin American sugar. Their wheat is no cheaper than European wheat. If they don't sell to us, who would they sell to? Niger and Chad? lol. We are the no 1 consumer society in West Africa. They need us. On the other hand, they would have to pay the full $130.00/barrell of oil as they would on the World Market. We are the ones subsidizing them, not the other way around. This agricultural argument of theirs is an economic fallacy. If they really were that agriculturally strong, they would have buffered Nigeria from the recent rise in the price of soft goods. Economic divorce would be as easy as cutting off a cancer. Infact, within ten years of fragmentation, our agricultural sector will be stronger than theirs. And the middle-belt people will absolutely refuse to go with the North. Just ask Gideon Orkar.

Actually if we break up, their food price will definitely go up because of taxes. I don't believe the food map above because majority of our staple food in Nigeria comes from up north. Yam, groundnut, sugar, beef, rice,goat, ram,tomato,beans etc. So, i don't know how that map marginalized the agrarian north all of a sudden. Tribalism apart, let the truth be told. I think the south produces only cassava(which they consume by themselves), plantain, palm oil and fish. The map did not even include Ebonyi state that is the largest producer of rice.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Texcee(f): 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2008
DeepZone:

Actually if we break up, their food price will definitely go up because of taxes. I don't believe the food map above because majority of our staple food in Nigeria comes from up north. Yam, groundnut, sugar, beef, rice,goat, ram,tomato,beans etc. So, i don't know how that map marginalized the agrarian north all of a sudden. Tribalism apart, let the truth be told. I think the south produces only cassava(which they consume by themselves), plantain, palm oil and fish.

The map did not even include Ebonyi state that is the largest producer of rice.

The places you are referring to as the north are basically benue, kogi and kwara. They are the ones
producing the food stuff you mentioned and they are the middle belt, not the north.

You cannot grow rice and tomato in the desert ridden arid north. Many southerners often mistake
the middle belt as part of the north, but it is not.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2008
@Texcee, Im pretty sure benue, kogi and kwara are north, do you think that if the country breaks up, the "middle belt" is going to form a separate country or are they going to join the yorubas or igbos? you should know better!! kwara is bonified north just ask the sarakis who are members of the Arewa consultative forum, ask the emir of ilorin who dresses like the emir of kano. Go to Kogi and ask their former governor abubakar audu and the current one ibrahim idris, they'll tell you theyre northerners, ask senate president david mark who's from benue where he's from, he'll tell you the north so what you're saying doesnt make sense. there is no such thing as "middle belt" only southerners want to create it so that northerners have less power as per divide and conquer. But the truth is theyre nothing but northerners, going by your analysis, plateau state would also be "middle belt" and so would niger state but im sure if you ask former deputy president of the senate ibrahim mantu whos from plateau state, he'll tell you he's a core northerner and if you ask former president Ibrahim Babangida whos from niger state, he'll tell you he's an authentic northerner. so what you're saying is inaccurate. and i told you that map was inaccurate. this is not how nigeria's food production 'demography' is and its never been so, where does all the beef and dairy products come from?the sugar nko? how about the beans and the maize most cereal crops come from the north so continue dreaming!!!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by doyin13(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2008
@gadogado

It is a shame Sharia does not give us any insight on learning to ignore insults to one's tribe or social group.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2008
@Ibime, why are you talking about gideon orkar, isint he dead? he's been dead for years so please focus on the current situation, i dont think saraki will want to go with anything but the north or the attahs from kogi will not want to go with anywhere but the north. neither would david mark from benue state. The same north can also sell their food produce and cash crops to cameroon, ghana and benin republic or whatever country. You think the europeans will sell wheat at the same price as you buy it now?? wow!!! even if they sell it at the same price, dont you think after all things considered, the cost of transportation would push up the price of wheat that is coming from europe as opposed to wheat coming from the north?? you cannot possibly beleive that wheat bought in commercial quantity from europe will cost the same as the one coming from the north, i dont think that even makes sense. pls rethink your comments. You may underestimate the north now but beleive me, if you break away, you will feel it alot. then you'll go and start squabbling with each other over oil, you'll call the non oil producing states in your region parasites, and you'll have problems with them, it is not all south south states or south east states that produce oil abi? something that does not even come as a result of your productivity, it is a naural resource that is deep down in the ground, you cannot grow or farm oil abi? i think its just petty. its a natural God given resource that you saw there and you did not work for. you're saying north is not producing, nobody is producing to full potential in nigeria not even the south south, everybody in nigeria is relying on oil that is produced by euro-american conglomerates, we dont even have the technology to extract the oil for ourselves, niger delta is not "producing" anything, the oil is a "NATURAL RESOURCE" which does not in anyway imply "PRODUCTIVITY" of those people, if for example, the niger delta was like Japan (PRODUCTIVE) using nothing but human resources and the north was the way it is then i'd say the cry is legitimiate but it is not, if today the oyinbo people invent an alternative form of energy (which theyre talking about,if you're in america,you know this) which totally replaces petrolium, then what? will you still want to break up?? or call people parasites?? if tomorrow they say,your oil isint worth a damn,we have found another way to make our future cars run, then what will you do?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2008
You may underestimate the north now but beleive me, if you break away, you will feel it alot. then you'll go and start squabbling with each other over oil, you'll call the non oil producing states in your region parasites, and you'll have problems with them, it is not all south south states or south east states that produce oil abi? something that does not even come as a result of your productivity, it is a naural resource that is deep down in the ground, you cannot grow or farm oil abi? i think its just petty. its a natural God given resource that you saw there and you did not work for. you're saying north is not producing, nobody is producing to full potential in nigeria not even the south south, everybody in nigeria is relying on oil that is produced by euro-american conglomerates, we don't even have the technology to extract the oil for ourselves, niger delta is not "producing" anything, the oil is a "NATURAL
Roflmao. This Gadogado is a mental case.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Arnold1(m): 1:16am On Aug 11, 2008
gadogado:

@Texcee, I'm pretty sure benue, kogi and kwara are north, do you think that if the country breaks up, the "middle belt" is going to form a separate country or are they going to join the yorubas or igbos?

People from Benue and Kogi consider themselves as middle belt people, not core Northerners. When Gideon Okar, a
middle belt army major, planned his coup against IBB, why then did he announce the temporary cessation of states north of Benue and Kogi ? Why didn't he partition Benue and Kogi among the Northern states ?

Why isn't Sharia practiced in Kwara, Benue and Kogi as done in the Kano, Kaduna, Sokoto et al ?

Why do the people from the middle belt have their own middle belt forum just as the yorubas have
Afenifere, the Igbos have ohaneze, the south south have ijaw people's congress (ijc) ?

---> because they want a separate identity from the North !!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 2:50am On Aug 11, 2008
@Arnold1
let me refute everything you said, first, Governors of kogi, kwara and benue states are bonified members of the northern governors forum. In the north as a region, there are four sub regions namely; the north east, the north west, the north central and the "middle belt" some states in the middle belt are considered north central!! but by virtue of cultural affinity as opposed to political kinship, they identify with middle belt, they're all north just coz there is an association of north eastern governors doesnt mean borno, adamawa, bauchi, yobe, taraba and gombe states arent north or just coz there is a middle belt forum doesnt mean they are not north, im sure the saraki family will disagree if you called them anything other than northerners, infact, Dr abubakar olusola saraki is the founder and head of 'northern union' and he is from kwara state.

There is no sharia in adamawa, taraba, nassarawa and plateau states, does that mean they're not northern states? even in kaduna, there's no sharia, the former governor implemented it and after the riots there, the idea was abandoned, according to your logic, all these states would be non northern states, can you see how your thinking is flawed

gideon okar is dead, so pls dont bring him up, we're talking about the current situation not 1990 or whenever than coup was busted!! im sure there are a few elements (minority) in that area that are inclined to the south may be coz they were brought up in a southern state and they'd want to see the so called "middle belt" states go to the south in case of a break up just as there are a few elements in sokoto state who may want to be a country of their own but we're talking of a minority, very small minority!!!
Have a good day.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 6:53am On Aug 11, 2008
Dr abubakar olusola saraki is the founder and head of 'northern union' and he is from kwara state

Is Olu Saraki Hausa again? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Your efulefu leaders can be ruling Nigeria for all i care but your almajiri cousins and folks will continue to serve the yorubas, clean their nails and polish their shoes.

By the way,
you are the first Hausa man besides Nyarko that can speak english, did you attend primary and secondary school in yoruba land?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by kosovo(m): 7:23am On Aug 11, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmm.
speechless
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by AloyEmeka9: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2008
Wetin dey happen here? make una no shoot gun here one day. Alhaji Chief Dr Malam Gadogado and his detractors, make una take it easy abeg.

Meanwhile, I get new American laptops and digital cameras for sale, Holla@ your boy @08037176393

One love!!!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by magentam(f): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2008
To hell with our OIL? North wan die now! na tomatoes and onions them go take do fuel and take build all the roads and structures wey dem don steal our money take do.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by AloyEmeka9: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2008
To hell with our OIL? North wan die now! na tomatoes and onions them go take do fuel and take build all the roads and structures wey them don steal our money take do

You think say money no dey tomato and onions? If they improve their agriculture and put more funding in it, they'll be generating enough resources to feed half of Africa. No be from tea, tourism and jogging Kenya dey take chop?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2008
@deepzone
you should be more respectful!!! lets keep it like that coz you say hausas will lead you and also be your servant/shoe shiner or what have you, there are also many yorubas that do menial jobs and manual labour all over the north, hope you are aware, and i went to school in the north so i dont know what you're saying, dont be too perceptive and judgemental, we have solid schools in the north, el-amin school is owned by maryam babangida
(former first lady) and is in the top 5 best secondary schools in the nation and its located in minna, niger state.

Did you know as you're here talking, there are people (northerners) making deals for alternative energy, in america, some cars use ethanol which is processed corn, they turn corn into energy and use it to run their vehicles (modified ones) its a combination of corn(ethanol) alcohol and 15% petrol. In the north, we have plenty of sugar cane growers, infact abundant!! they grow sugar cane in abundance, and they're planning to turn that into energy same as the ethanol conversions in america. This is called alternative energy, the conventional energy is oil!!!but the north is moving to alternative, deals are currently being made, oil will soon become obsolete, a thing of the past and when that happens, we will see who you'll be doing yanga for. to the extent that you're calling people parasites (what an insult) well our governors are taking this alternative energy seriously just as they're doing in America due to the high cost of gasoline!!!
thank you for your compliment that i speak decent english but unlike you, i dont pride myself in speaking another mans language,
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2008
@deepzone
you should be more respectful!!! lets keep it like that because you say hausas will lead you and also be your servant/shoe shiner or what have you, [b]there are also many yorubas that do menial jobs and manual labour all over the north, hope you are aware, and i went to school in the north so i [/b]don't know what you're saying, don't be too perceptive and judgemental,

How many of them compared to the northerners that shine our shoes? Majority of the yorubas are educated, how can they be shining your shoes?
Even if they do, they pay house rents and do not live like your maiguard brothers that stay in kiosks for the rest of their lives. How can you even try comparing the illiterate hausas with the educated yorubas? The difference is like night and day.

[quote]
we have solid schools in the north, el-amin school is owned by maryam babangida
(former first lady) and is in the top 5 best secondary schools in the nation and its located in minna, niger state
[/quote].
Is Maryam Babangida the ibo woman? So an ibo woman built the best school for you guys?

Did you know as you're here talking, there are people (northerners) making deals for alternative energy, in america, some cars use ethanol which is processed corn, they turn corn into energy and use it to run their vehicles (modified ones) its a combination of corn(ethanol) alcohol and 15% petrol. In the north, we have plenty of sugar cane growers, infact abundant!! they grow sugar cane in abundance, and they're planning to turn that into energy same as the ethanol conversions in america. This is called alternative energy, the conventional energy is oil!!!but the north is moving to alternative, deals are currently being made, oil will soon become obsolete, a thing of the past and when that happens, we will see who you'll be doing yanga for.

Northerners? please!!!! Don't tell me hausas are involved in the hydrogen fuel project? i've challenged Musa here before to give me just two names each of hausas/northerners that have an international recognition in the field of science, arts, sports(besides Tijani babangida and my sweetheart, Celestine Babayaro ) and entertainment, can you do it for me please?

to the extent that you're calling people parasites (what an insult) well our governors are taking this alternative energy seriously just as they're doing in America due to the high cost of gasoline!!!
When you fill the offices in Abuja without appropriate qualification and share oil money from the south, what will that be? I can't believe Obasanjo didn't succeed in expunging you guys from those parastatals.

thank you for your compliment that i speak decent english but unlike you, i don't pride myself in speaking another mans language,

That I commended you as the only hausa youngster I've seen speaking good english does not mean am not proud of the yoruba language.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 11:36am On Aug 11, 2008
Gadogado, show me another hausa man/northerner in the list below apart from Tafewa Balewa who ranked 70 among 100 influential africans?

Nigerians in bold.

1. Nelson Mandela
2. Kwame Nkrumah
3. Robert Mugabe President of Zimbabwe.
4. Julius Nyerere Former president of Tanzania.

5. Marcus Garvey
6. Patrice Lumumba
7. Martin Luther King
8. Thabo Mbeki

9. Malcolm X
10. Kofi Annan

11. Muhammad Ali
Steve Biko
Muammar Gaddafi

12. Winnie Mandela
13. Shaka Zulu

14. Chinua Achebe

15. W. E. B. Du Bois
16. Haile Selassie
Thomas Sankara

17. Pele

18. Bob Marley
19[b]. Olusegun Obasanjo[/b]

20. George Weah
21. Kenneth Kaunda
22. Cheikh Anta Diop
Roger Milla

23. Gamal Abdel Nasser
24. Sir Seretse Khama
25. Maheru Imhotep

26. Ahmed Sekou Toure
Leopold Senghor

27. Wole Soyinka

28. Maria Mutola

29. Sam Nujoma

30. Yaa Asantewaa
31. Amilcar Cabral

32. Dedan Kimathi
33. Fela Anikulapo-Kuti
34. Ken Saro Wiwa
35. Phillip Emeagwali

36. Yoweri Museveni
37. Rosa Parks
38. Samora Machel

39. Jesse Owens

40. Jomo Kenyatta

41. Michael Jackson
42. Abdoulaye Wade

43. Miriam Makeba
44. Queen Nzinga
45. Toussaint L’Ouverture
46. Milton Obote
Jay Jay Okocha

47. Nnamdi Azikiwe [/b]Statesman, Intellectual and Titan of African politics. First president of independent Nigeria.
Popularly called ‘Zik of Africa’ for his pan-africanist zeal.

48. Walter Rodney
49. Franz Fanon

50. F.W. de Klerk
Ali Mazrui

51. Joaquim Chissano
52. Joshua Nkomo

53. Felix Konotey-Ahulu
54. Oliver Tambo

55. Louis Farrakhan
Victor Anomah Ngu

56. Abedi Pele
Marc Vivian Foe

57. Walter Sisulu
58. Youssou N’Dour
59. Akhenaten

60. George Padmore
61. Abdelaziz Boutefl ika
Alpha Oumar Konare

62. Anwar Sadat
63. John Hendrik Clarke
64. Maya Angelou
65. Hannibal
66. Bill Cosby
67. Chief Hosea Kutako
[b]68. Obafemi Awolowo

69. Oliver Mthukuzi
70. Tafewa Balewa

71. Ahmed Baba

72. Tom Mboya
73. Williams Sisters

74. Hendrik Witbooi
75. Hamilton Naki
76. Khoisan and Pygmies
77. Hugh Masekela

78. Luambo Makiadi

79. Zumbi (of Palmares)
80. Manu Dibango
81. Queen Nefertiti
82. Zinedine Zidane
83. Peter Abrahams
84. Salif Keita
85. The African Child Resilient in the face of adversity and yet exude bright smiles that warms our
hearts and lightens our society. Great survivor.
86. William Tubman
87. Queen of Sheba

88. Moshood Abiola
89. Eddy Murphy
90. Houphouet Boigny
91. Brenda Fassie
92. Archbishop Luwum
93. John Chilembwe
94. Cardinal Arinze

95. Mansa Musa
96. Thierry Henri Black
97. Neville Livingstone
(aka Bunny Wailer)

98. Eduardo Mondlane
99. Desmond Tutu
100. Helen Suzman

http://emeagwali.com/media/africa/100-greatest-africans-of-all-times.html
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by sherrylo: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2008
Deep Zone he don do!left gbadogbado oooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Former Judge, Businessmen… Dead Persons Who ‘signed’ Melaye’s Recall Register / RRS: A Model For State Police In Nigeria / Seun Kuti: Peter Obi Is An Opportunist, Only Nigerians Can Save Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.