Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,082 members, 7,818,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (25728 Views)

Saraki:To Hell With Morality, Senate Tells Nigerians / Reward Amaechi For His Courageous Support, North Tells Buhari / IMF To FG : Dont Waste Your Oil Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 8:50pm On Jul 29, 2008
na person wey get time dey answer this willywilly

na true sha.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by vigasimple(m): 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2008
zillaxy

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South
« #12 on: Today at 05:19:02 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: vigasimple on Today at 04:30:25 PM
The governor of Niger state is a very educated and intelligent man and I take it that he took offense in the statement of 'the North being a parasite on the south on oil'.

Whether or not that the North is a parasite on the oil is one isssue another is the statement. we should all avoid statement that are inflamatory.

The truth is a that a lot of our brothers and sisters in the North need more education as the governor has rightly pointed out including the Governor of Adamawa state. If the governor of Adamawa is what they can produce as a Governor up north, then they have a long way to go.

The oil issues is one of the way the Niger Delta are trying to fight back as the local people did not see much benefits in what is being extracted from their backyard and fantastic development is happening in other areas especially in the North. That is what the unfairness which lead to that statement- which in my opinion is highly inflamatory.

As of today, well over 90% of our income is from oil, so the North can make more noise than they like, the fact remains that it is this oil monies that is propping their govt.

The south south will not need to go to hell with the Oil, the north should stop taking Federal allocation and allows the south south to have them for their own development. By the way I am not from the south south. so I am being objective.

Two wrong does not make a right, both are two extreme statements. we should be finding a way to work together not against each other.

what a very stupid comment to make.
have you been to the state and seen what he has accomplished especially compared to his predecessor?

not only did he rise to be a chief of naval staff, he is a very respected rtd admiral who did a great job as governor of Niger.

and please can you tell us how amazing your own state and governor are?

i am sick and tired of some southern nigerian idiots who seem to think they're better than everyone in the north.
we did vote for him and are proud of what he's doing.

when your state is up to standard then you can come back in here and make noise, for now please stick to what you know, that just so happens not to be Adamawa

I am not suprised at your comment. But surely you sound more inteeligent than that Governor Nyarko not minding whether or not he has been a Naval or Airman officer. Most in the The Nigerian Armed forces including officers got to where they are historically because of contacts and connections.

I will let ordinary folks on this forum try to listen to that Governor from Adamawa, you will be shocked. A friend actually calls me yesterday at this Northern Governors meeting on AIT. He should have been speaking his local dialects rather than English. He is pathethic, infact an illiterate and quite frankly a disgrace to Nigeria. If that is your Governor that makes you an idiot for calling southerners idiot

Compare that to Aliyu banbangida, he doesn't speak Queens English but very coherent, intelligent and thoughtful. Although I am not surprised because he went to proper school and got a PHD.

For the North to progress, you need a lot of Aliyu babangida- Niger state Governor.

You will find that your comment is the one that is stupid once you have the opportunity to watch Gov. Nyarko speaks like a drunkard. He is the one with 2 'first ladies' attending diffrent functions.

That smarts isn't it.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by deor03(m): 12:04am On Jul 30, 2008
It amuses me the way Nigerian f this generation think,   angry As if our problems as a group of people will automatically stop when/if we disintegrate. In the 1800s ( before Nigeria ) there had been war within the major tribes ( that is Ijebu vs Oyo ) ( Hausa vs Fulani ) and some other tribes.

In the late 1990s, there was Ife vs Modakeke , Umuleri vs Uguleri , there was Urhobo vs Itshekiri vs Ijaw , there was intra tribal war in Benue, Can't we then see that our problems goes beyond just breaking up?

I think it is complete ignorance to say the North is not contributing, Muslims all over rush to the market to buy Cows during celebrations , where do they come from? Mile12 market and markets all over the country receive daily deliveries of Tomatoes and pepper, where do they come from?

Instead of discovering ways of working together and amplifying our unique gifts, we are talking like educated illiterates? I think this generation of Nigerians should just not repeat the mistakes of the past 50 years.

We should think as a group of people that have privilege of living on This earth for about 80 years, let make the most of it instead f spending a better part of it fighting each other.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2008
Which money fromoil is the north getting. Please tell me. Big man chop money. If the north break out of Nigeria, they would not feel the effect of revenue from oil. An average northerner have never felt the effect of the oil revenue before. Only the rich have.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 2:54am On Jul 30, 2008
If the north break out of Nigeria, they would not feel the effect of revenue from oil. An average northerner have never felt the effect of the oil revenue before. Only the rich have.
Whatever! Why don't they break away if they don't need us? It's not even the oil alone but they are addicted to caffeine they get from kolanuts that chiefly come from Yorubaland. Yorubas produce kolanut but rarely eat it; About 80% of kola produced in Yorubaland are supplied to the north while part of the remainder goes to the east.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by ono(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2008
LMAO at Willy2. Ol boy, Yoruba people go chop off your head now.

But, thank God. Cattle Rearers are beginning to think straight. Lets hope with the outburst from the Niger State governor, they will go back and think well. And not only cattle rearers, every ethnic group in the country will go back to their lands (rather than waiting at Abuja) for manna from heaven, and go figure out how they can make meaningful contributions to the growth and development of this country.

Now, I think using provocative words like ''parasite'' on these people will prolly bring them to their senses. Instead of carrying arms and AKs, I will propose to the Niger Delta People Council, to use more of the media as a veritable means of driving home their demands. It might yield dividends in the long run. However, force will not be ruled out at the moment. That's the language the average Nigerian understands.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Caliente(m): 10:45am On Jul 30, 2008
Yes now; the south conspired with the westerners to collapse their industries. Abiola closed down His VW plant in kaduna; Ekene dili chuku closed down his mercedes plant in the north while the enugu one is running and coscharis(another ibo enemy) refused to take his BMW up north. What other proof do you need?

[size=13pt]If you were one of those guys won't you do the same? When common dispute over suya can start a riot in the north and what do they do? Kill christians/southerners and loot/destroy their property and businesses worth millions of cash.[/size]
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by obiem(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2008
Viva southern Nigeria! I knew it would come to this especially after Soludo's comments! Well, then it's better to put their words to test! Let them be on their own i.e the north then let's see how they'll fare without the oil. That's why they'll rather die than see the light of Biafra, Oduduwa or Niger Delta republic!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by future001: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2008
I was in Kano recently and frankly the level of poverty in once the industrial center of the North and Nigeria is unprecedented. Quite a filthy place.

But then, who will want to settle in a place where you get hacked for a cartoon in far away denmark. You can't even get a bottle of heiniken after a hectic day.

If these guys want a change, they have to loosen up on their sharia and fanaticsm. They need the foreigners, they need the south. These are the hardworking blue collar people. Maybe then, the locals can learn to believe in their capabilities and depend less on alms.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2008
When will the north follow up this bravado with a "to hell with federal government allocation"?
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by ono(m): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2008
That will be a glorious moment for everyone.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2008
When will the north follow up this bravado with a "to hell with federal government allocation"?

That's the greatest miracle every Nigerian is waiting for.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by willy4: 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2008
deor03:

I think it is complete ignorance to say the North is not contributing, Muslims all over rush to the market to buy Cows during celebrations , where do they come from? Mile12 market and markets all over the country receive daily deliveries of Tomatoes and pepper, where do they come from?
Almost all the Cows from Northern Nigeria are Mad Cow disease positive.
They are contributing nothing, only what Southern Nigeria's gain from them is spreading disease
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Eziachi: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2008
Not just to hell with money from oil, what about money from VAT, especailly on alcohol drink by us the infidels but they never had qualm sharing in it despite what the sharia said on alcohol.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 11:08am On Aug 03, 2008
gonorrhea, who will be your gatemen? its so funny how southerners look down on northerners in that way. northerners own nigeria, they are simply more intellectual than southerners, even the British colonialists saw this which is why they left control of the nation in the hands of the north. Take in mind that northerns were/are muslims but the British still felt it better to leave the country with the north 'with the Hausa/Fulani'. Prior to British acqusition of Nigeria (the area of what is now known as nigeria) the Hausa's had a complex socio political system that was properly organized and had existed for centuries, far more complex than any other region in nigeria. So they have been rulling nigeria, they have produced the bulk of nigeria's leaders and elite. They control the country but if you want to be naive enough to reduce them to mai guards then be my guest.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by grafikdon: 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2008
gadogado:

gonorrhea, who will be your gatemen? its so funny how southerners look down on northerners in that way. northerners own nigeria, they are simply more intellectual than southerners, even the British colonialists saw this which is why they left control of the nation in the hands of the north. Take in mind that northerns were/are muslims but the British still felt it better to leave the country with the north 'with the Hausa/Fulani'. guest.

While I vehemently disagree with those who describe Northerners with the most derogatory terms or paint them with one brush because of the actions of a few malevolent and incompetent leaders, I think your post is a good attempt at comedy and really, I find it hilarious. The British made sure things are in the hands of those they 'believe' they can manipulate. It is no secret they saw the rest (Igbo, Ijaw, Efik,Yoruba, Ibibio etc. . . as too adamant and rebellious as well as the thorn in the flesh of the colonialists. Before you get the wrong idea here, believing you can manipulate someone and actually manipulating them are two different things.

gadogado:

Prior to British acqusition of Nigeria (the area of what is now known as nigeria) the Hausa's had a complex socio political system that was properly organized and had existed for centuries, far more complex than any other region in nigeria. So they have been rulling nigeria, they have produced the bulk of nigeria's leaders and elite. They control the country but if you want to be naive enough to reduce them to mai guards then be my

What do you think the Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio. . . were doing before British acquisition? Oh, they were swinging on trees buck naked and hunting animals with massive clubs, muttering a bunch of incomprehensible gibberish in the name of language, no?  Other ethnic groups in 'Nigeria' had their own properly organized systems of government before the British decided to house a cow, a grass, a leopard, a cat and a duck in one cage. . . grin

gadogado:

they have produced the bulk of nigeria's leaders and elite. They control the country

Don't you think this is one of the reasons why Nigeria is the world's number one butt crack? Everyone takes a shot at us including those we 'liberated'. We all have to share in the blame one way or the other but you cannot disregard the actions of our myopic and mentally deranged leaders. . . and about 99.9% of the leaders (Past and present) from President to local government chairmen fall under this category. . .
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Danmasani(m): 4:54pm On Aug 03, 2008
The North is parasitic on South-south's oil. So also is the south west and the southeast. 95% of Nigeria's annual revenue comes from oil. So any finger pointing here is hypocrisy at its highest level.

We have been hearing similar talk like this from Northern governors for a long time. Actions speaks louder than words. It remains only words till we see concrete steps taken to revive the textile industries in Kaduna, Zaria and Kano, enhance the agricultural sector from Benue to Borno and make concrete steps to open numerous. Production and manufacturing units that will help the poor man. Northern Nigeria has numerous potentials like other parts of the nation--- we are not lazy. investment and opportunities are the key word here. Rather oil has blinded the elite who swim in it and forget their constituents every now and then. someone argued that oil has been a benefit of only the elite- that i believe is the true word here.

With regards arguments that describe northerners as "gworro" choppers, "gate man", "cattle rearers' among others- I won't match words with you! This is not a bleating contest for goats. It is a human debate
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2008
Danmasani:

The North is parasitic on South-south's oil. So also is the south west and the southeast. 95% of Nigeria's annual revenue comes from oil. So any finger pointing here is hypocrisy at its highest level.

The difference is that the Yorubas and Igbos are diversified and into trade, banking etc. . . . but those Gambaris want to chop free money till civil war do us part.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by DeepZone: 7:36pm On Aug 03, 2008
The difference is that the Yorubas and Igbos are diversified and into trade, banking etc. . . . but those Gambaris want to chop free money till civil war do us part.

Gambaris are also into trading nama , IT, production of kulikuli, CBN among others.

1 Like

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2008
[quote][/quote]While I vehemently disagree with those who describe Northerners with the most derogatory terms or paint them with one brush because of the actions of a few malevolent and incompetent leaders, I think your post is a good attempt at comedy and really, I find it hilarious. The British made sure things are in the hands of those they 'believe' they can manipulate. It is no secret they saw the rest (Igbo, Ijaw, Efik,Yoruba, Ibibio etc. . . as too adamant and rebellious as well as the thorn in the flesh of the colonialists. Before you get the wrong idea here, believing you can manipulate someone and actually manipulating them are two different things.
Umm do you realize that the north could only be ruled through indirect rule by the British while the south was directly administered, so why do you now say that northerners are easy to manipulate when the fact is the British had to use traditional rulers to control northerners because they experienced many rebelions in the beginning which is why they opted for indirect rule, and they worked hand in hand (more like a cooperative) with these rulers. The same is true for other countries the British ruled like Sudan,they left the country with the Arabs as opposed to the southern Sudanese because the Arabs were simply more advanced, in Ghana, the country was left with the ashanti (note that hausa is also an ethnic group there to which the current ghanian vice president belongs to), so it is clear that in nigeria, the british decided to leave the country with the north for thier intellectual advantage over the south.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by gadogado(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2008
Almost all the Cows from Northern Nigeria are Mad Cow disease positive.
They are contributing nothing, only what Southern Nigeria's gain from them is spreading disease

You're obviously an illiterate, if you're not from the south south then you are also a parasite, meaning yorubas and igbos are equally parasites given that the bulk of the oil comes from the south south and the nation is 95% dependent on oil for servicing our economy. The average northerner has not felt any gain of oil, he is a poor man who is struggling day in day out, so with or without the oil, his condition will remain unchanged. The Niger Delta people are also people that dont benefit from the oil. But here's the bottom line, The Niger Delta and all regions and areas that constitute the federal republic of Nigeria belong to the federal government of Nigeria, not to a tribe or traditional ruler, every inch of that country belongs to the government. The govt. can extract resources and distribute the gains how ever they feel is fair. The oil is found in one part of the country but it doesnt mean they own the oil, they dont own anything. We are supposed to be living in a civilized world where political structures are a pre requisite for effectively running a nation state, in other words, govt. is needed to ensure the operation of a nation. The oil does not belong to Dokubo asari or any of his thugs, they are not part of any government but they want "resource control"  supposing the oil was left in their control, what would they even do with it, they're illiterates and have no clue what to actually do with the oil. Even the money they get from kidnapping, what do they do with it? they dont use it to better anything they're complaining about, they buy jeeps and luxury items and live the generic wealth-centered, no substance material life that most nigerians so crave. So lets tell the truth as it is, Now if they want "compensation" for the environmental degredation caused by oil then that is acceptable and the government should concentrate on helping solve that problem but Nigeria is a legitimate, internationally recongnized nation state (the condition of this being the presence of govt.) and the oil belongs to the government which is composed of nigerians from all ethnic groups. Instead of turning this fight into a regional or ethnic one, challenge the elites who are the ones siphoning the money away from the people, leave the northern man alone, he doesnt feel any benefit from oil. Fight the elite and those in govt. fight them, there is no better avenue to do this than a democracy. Fight corruption, fight it but then again arent we nigerians, we will not fight it because we are hypocritical, we will shout today that we are being cheated but tomorrow when we are appointed, we will not address what we were shouting about rather we'll join and chop the money. its so pathetic,
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 11:26pm On Aug 03, 2008
DagoDago, abeg stop talking nonsense.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Anuliph(f): 11:38pm On Aug 03, 2008
The whole of Nigeria could do with diversification really coz when the oil wells dry up, na all we go suffer! North , south, east n west. The time for action is now.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by olukunle: 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2008
Can the governor of Niger state pls let us know who the masterminds of the supposed int'l conspiracy to kill the north are?
If you dont manage state run corporations well, they will definitely die. And if you want to sell them, if your people didnt show interest in buying and asians show up, why did u sell? He should just cut the crap about any conspiracy from anywhre.
They should start by sending their children to school and make knowledge available. I watched tv yesterday and i saw some youths protesting in the north, cant remember the state now. They were refusing the polio vaccination on d grounds that it will make them to be infertile later in life. Can you believe such?
So, Aliyu and the rest should dvelop their states and educate their people first before they start talking about not needing the oil money. Cos without oil money, they will all go hungry.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 12:56am On Aug 04, 2008
http://.com

Danmasani (m)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danmasani , for your information please look at the 200 nautical miles, which UNITED NATION called part of the area of a country, if tomorrow the yoruba decided to leave nigeria. According to the United nation, 200 nautical miles of the coastal is us. Here is a picture of nigeria  200 nautical map. And some the claim delta and balyase get from oil, really are in ondo state.  The Yorubas would taken away our over 1 million oil barrel a day which nigeria is given delta and bayelse state. please verify this information with the united nation.  second map below is the oil field in nigeria. The line to your left west is oil field in ondo state, delta and balyase is claiming derivation for.

Here is Nigeria state by state 200 nautical mile . the first line is ondo state. then delta, balyase , rivers.   So Delta and balyase are collecting money that they should not been collecting those money belong to Ondo state 200 nautical miles.  Really nearly half of the money delta and Balyase are collecting are money that ondo state should recieve.

Here is the oil field and map. showing you , that under international law, which you also quoted. Most of the oil field are own by ondo state, because they fall into what the UN defination as part of Yorubaland.   So Yorubaland own those oil, not your Niger delta under the UN international law.  So what Niger delta have been claiming as most of them belong to Yoruba people.

Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by blkmum700: 1:26am On Aug 04, 2008
why are the South-south so depend on oil?i think the south-south people are not different from the Al-Qaeda.they are terrorist.Where are this Millitant during the biafran war when Obasanjo save them.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Danmasani(m): 1:27am On Aug 04, 2008
@ Nigeria 1 or whatever ur name is

I won't waste time debating you. Seems like you are a "copy and paste" kinda guy. No substance, just rubbish!
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 04, 2008
@Nigeria1

You are definitely high on something.

Is the 200 Nautical Miles South, North west or east of the coast?
What if the South South wants to break away, where will their 200 nautical miles be? in Kaduna?
What about the south east, their 200 nautical miles will be in Malabo or where?
Nevertheless, I like the way you reason but do not make it a habit.

The 200 Nautical miles rule is not used in the sense you described it, read more about it.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 2:03am On Aug 04, 2008
Mr then tell us what 200 nautical miles is all about. Why do you think, they gave bakassi to camerron, did you know it is because of this same 200 nautical miles.  You think because you people have been collect the money that was for ondo state. you would continue forever. no no.   

Look like i said we have form a shadow govt to develop our place. you people continue to wait for abuja, and you would wait for ever.  by the time our cities look like abroad may be then you people go try to develop your own too and close your eyes , say abuja no go help una, people who dey abuja only get interest to build there own place. no go build your own. pretend say abuja no dey.

see our flags and anthem.

[img]http://www.crwflags.com/FOTW/images/n/ng}eoyor.gif[/img]   

Yoruba national Anthem

E je ka fi'imo sokan
'Tori ile baba wa
Lati tun se
Lati gbe ga
Fun 'losiwau rere

Ija irepo lo ye wa
Ka ja fun 'le baba wa
Nitori wa
'Tori omo wa
Nitori ojo ola

Omo Oduduwa ni wa
Nibikibi ta ba wa
Ka si ma ranti
Pe a o pada sile.

English Translation

In unity let's stand
On behalf of our fatherland
To rebuild it
To reform it
For the betterment of all

Let all of us unite
To defend our motherland
For our progress
And for our children's
And for all posterity

Oduduwa is our spring
Wherever we may be
Let's be kinfolks
And remember
That home is home for us
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 2:05am On Aug 04, 2008
nobilia:

@Nigeria1

You are definitely high on something.

Is the 200 Nautical Miles South, North west or east of the coast?
What if the South South wants to break away, where will their 200 nautical miles be? in Kaduna?
What about the south east, their 200 nautical miles will be in Malabo or where?
Nevertheless, I like the way you reason but do not make it a habit.

The 200 Nautical miles rule is not used in the sense you described it, read more about it.

Don't mind the idiot. I was the one who told him about this 200 nautical miles stuff because the UN says coastal areas can claim economic rights up to 200m. The fool started drawing straight lines Southward from Ondo State claiming that Bonga oil field belongs to Ondo State. He must be autistic. Oga Nigeria1, it is 200 miles in a circular radius, not a straight line. Up until tonight, he never heard of this 200 mile rule.  grin
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Nigeria17: 2:09am On Aug 04, 2008
Mr teacher on nautical miles. i have a degree in engineering. so i know about nautical miles.
Re: To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South by Ibime(m): 2:13am On Aug 04, 2008
You have degree in Engineering and you don't know that Bonga oilfield is closer to Bayelsa than Ondo? Is it all these straight lines that you are drawing that is confusing you? You need to get a refund on your tuition fee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Supreme Court To Appoint 8 Justices To Make 21 Supreme Court Justices / Buhari Is Absent At Ongoing NEPAD Session At AU Summit - Newswirengr / Ministerial Nomination: Dickson, Sylva’s New Found Love In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.