Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter (1542 Views)

Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today / Solomon Lar Is Dead / Solomon Lar Is Not Dead But On Life Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by Princess2be(f): 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
Chief Solomon Lar, the pioneer
National Chairman of the People’s
Democratic Party (PDP) and former
Governor of Plateau, died as a poor
man, his daughter, Dr. Chalya Lar has
said.
She spoke during her testimony at the
service of songs for the late Lar at the
Church of Christ In Nations (COCIN)
headquarters in Jos.
“Baba has only one car at the time he
died; I am not even sure he has up to
N1 million in his account before he
died,” she said.
The daughter said that she had cause
to have a one-on-one discussion
with her father as they travelled
abroad on his medical trip.
She said that she asked the late
politician why he did not amass
wealth and build houses like other
politicians but that the reply she got
from him was on how he was
educated on other people’s sweat.
“They contributed their sweat to send
me to school; I cannot forget that,”
she quoted Lar as saying to her.
She said that rather than telling her
why he remained poor, the deceased
stressed the need for his children to
strive for good name.
According to her testimony, the late
politician said: “A good name will
always open doors for you.”She said
that her father was also a very good
Christian and a lover of the people
even at the point of his demise.
“He never ceased expressing faith in
God and his love for the people while
on his sick bed, even when he knew
his end had come,” she said.
A former Personal Assistant to Lar,
Mr Nanven Nimsel, in his testimony,
described his former boss as a good
Christian and a generous politician.
He said that late Lar practiced self
denial to a fault, adding that “this
robbed his people of Langtang some
good opportunities when he was
governor of the state”.
He said that at a time when Lar
appointed administrators for the then
14 local governments, he left out
Langtang, claiming that as a
governor he had represented them.
Nimsel said that was the reason
Langtang did not have the presence
of any higher institution of learning
till date.
He said that at the time Lar, as
governor, gave other parts of the state
institutions of higher learning,
Langtang had no commissioner to
represent it and so did not benefit
alongside with others.
“He kept telling us to be patient, while
he was pleasing others; he only left
us with a legacy of patience,” he said.
Gov. Jonah Jang, represented by the
Secretary to the State Government
(SSG), Prof. Shedrack Best, described
Lar’s death as a loss to the state.
Lar will be buried this weekend.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/13/solomon-lar-died-a-pauper-says-daughter/

Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by seanet02: 2:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
Bundle of Lies

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by kokoA(m): 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
His daughter was/is a member of the house of rep and his son was/is a senator, and the allowed their father die a pauper? IdontbelieveIT

2 Likes

Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
Money wan buy gorrila gift. Na today? All d Second republic criminals are not saint
Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by Chongaiman: 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
Yes, compared to OBJ, GEJ, Tinubu et al, he died a pauper. Meanwhile, may God grant all 9ja paupers the grace to afford medical treatment abroad too.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by ammyluv2002(f): 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2013
kokoA: His daughter was/is a member of the house of rep and his son was/is a senator, and the allowed their father die a pauper? IdontbelieveIT
you dey mind d mumu? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by Marotzke(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
kokoA: His daughter was/is a member of the house of rep and his son was/is a senator, and the allowed their father die a pauper? IdontbelieveIT
please tell us the son or daughter occupying political position? Some years ago his only son died. Representative Beni Lar is a close relative not biological daughter. So clarify your assertion or shut up.
Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by kokoA(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
Marotzke: please tell us the son or daughter occupying political position? Some years ago his only son died. Representative Beni Lar is a close relative not biological daughter. So clarify your assertion or shut up.

The first daughter of late Chief Solomon Lar, Hon. Beni Lar has described the death of her father, as a great loss, saying “the pillar of my life is gone.”

The late politician was a former governor of Plateau State and pioneer chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP

Beni Lar, who is the Chairman of the House of Representatives’ Committee on Human Rights, made this comment while speaking with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja yesterday. She said that she shared a lot of memorable moments with the late Lar.

According to her, “My father taught me that there is no difference between a male and a female (child). He taught me to be hard-working; so, I trained as a lawyer, just like him.

leadership.ng/news/171013/pillar-my-life-gone-beni-lar
Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by kokoA(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Marotzke: please tell us the son or daughter occupying political position? Some years ago his only son died. Representative Beni Lar is a close relative not biological daughter. So clarify your assertion or shut up.

HE PLACED HIS HANDS ON MY HEAD AND BLESSED ME. I DIDN’T KNOW IT WAS HIS WAY OF SAYING BYE-BYE – Sen Victor Lar
The senator representing Plateau South Senatorial Zone, the late Solomon Lar’s senatorial zone of birth, has the same sur-name as Chief Solomon Lar. He is Victor Lar, the senator who was taken by many to be the biological son of the late Lar for sharing same birthplace and name. But Victor Lar, who addressed newsmen at the late Lar’s Jos residence yesterday, said ‘Baba’, as Solomon Lar was fondly addressed, was actually his father.
“I was a son to Baba; he was my leader and my mentor, my role model,” Victor Lar said. He spoke of a personal encounter with Baba the memory of which he said would remain with him. He recalled, “Baba came back to Nigeria and spent about two weeks, I think in August. He led the Middle Belt team to see the president and came home to prepare to go back for his check-up. On the eve of his departure, I went to him. He said, ‘My son, God will bless you. You found time to come and greet me.’ He made me to kneel down and with his two hands on my head, and he blessed me. I didn’t know it was his own way of telling me bye-bye. I will never forget that.”
Victor Lar said Solomon Lar was ‘a quintessential politician, adept at forging alliances that deliver’ and who would be sourly missed. “We will miss him, but there will be a replacement,” the senator enthused, adding, “Nature abhors a vacuum. When we lost JS Tarkar, nature brought up Solomon Lar. There is no doubt that nature will produce another leader.”
http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php/tribute/14673-solomon-lar-a-quiet-schoolboy-who-grew-into-an-impactful-gentleman-politician
Re: Solomon Lar Died A Pauper, Says Daughter by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Even his continuous salary and allowance as an ex-governor is more than a million!

So, what is that one saying?

(1) (Reply)

Transformation At Enugu Airport / Ribadu Denies APC / Lagos 2015: PDP Members Sue Obanikoro For Forgery, Dual Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.