Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? (4306 Views)

Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma / 5 Birthday Gift You Must Present To Jesus Christ Today. / Northen Arewa Youth Visit T,b Joshua Present Him Award Of Peace Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Dannylux: 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
While growing up, we were made to believe through movies, music and other means that Jesus was a very perfect man in the Bible both by appearance and inwardly. But there's a Scripture in the Bible which outrightly contradicts the belief (Isaiah 52: 13- 16 & Isaiah 53: 1-3)

Behold, my servant shall prosper, He shall be exalted and lifted up, and shall be very high.
As many were astonished at him —his appearance was so marred, beyond human semblance, and his form beyond that of the sons of men—
So shall He startle many nations; kings shall shut their mouths because of him; for that which has not been told them they shall see, and that which they have not heard they shall understand. (52: 13-15)

who has believed what we have heard? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
For He grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; He had no form or comeliness that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him.
He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we esteemed him not. (53: 1-3)

....Extracted from King James Holy Bible.

I believe if He was that beautiful as many would say, the Bible would have made mention of that just like it was written in the Bible about "Anselem". He was described as a beautiful man and likewise David was said to be quite handsome - Goliath said this before He was defeated.

I believe God wanted us to know the value of our character and lowliness. He looks at the soul and not the physical nor our faces.

Read the verses I stated above, I'm not being blasphemous or anything but saying what I understood by that particular Scripture.

Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
Leave that thing! Jesus was a handsome nigga. cool

#TeamGOM

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
Jesus is handsome..

btw, this shouldn't be an issue

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by larrymoore(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2013
If jesus was to be alive, he would continuously be crowned mr world.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by AbuMikey(m): 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2013

SMH...

Jesus is ugly, Jesus is handsome, how is it an issue to debate on?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by pasqal09: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
Abu Mikey:

SMH...

Jesus is ugly, Jesus is handsome, how is it an issue to debate on?

Ask them o, so what if Jesus was ugly, wetn come happen?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by BiggerBro: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hmm. Just that, David wasn't hansome, he had a baby face more like.
Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
larrymoore: If jesus was to be alive, he would continuously be crowned mr world.
More likely Mr. Gay, considering he had so many men following him and never fell for the ashawo that washed his feet with perfume.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
pasqal09:

Ask them o, so what if Jesus was ugly, wetn come happen?

Me sef taya.
Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by larrymoore(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
aManFromMars:
More likely Mr. Gay, considering he had so many men following him and never fell for the ashawo that washed his feet with perfume.
haha na u talk am oo
Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by coolmoon500(f): 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2013
why do people waste their time on irrelevant topics?

I wonder what God would be thinking when He sees some topics on this forum. Jesus is the image of God the father, so why would anyone say He is ugly??

when you see Him in His Glory, you and me will not be able to stand and you will have no other choice than to fall flat on your face. His beauty can never be described with words, and you and me will see on the last day what a beauty He is!

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Vicjustice: 9:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
larrymoore: If jesus was to be alive, he would continuously be crowned mr world.
He is alive and He is crowned the King of the Heavens and Earth, and His kingship continues from eternity to eternity

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Vello(m): 10:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
Dannylux: While growing up, we were made to believe through movies, music and other means that Jesus was a very perfect man in the Bible both by appearance and inwardly. But there's a Scripture in the Bible which outrightly contradicts the belief (Isaiah 52: 13- 16 & Isaiah 53: 1-3)

I believe if He was that beautiful as many would say, the Bible would have made mention of that just like it was written in the Bible about "Anselem". He was described as a beautiful man and likewise David was said to be quite handsome - Goliath said this before He was defeated.

I believe God wanted us to know the value of our character and lowliness. He looks at the soul and not the physical nor our faces.

Read the verses I stated above, I'm not being blasphemous or anything but saying what I understood by that particular Scripture.

Happy Sunday!
shouldn't u have asked ur father or pastor (provided u have one) if u are confused? Difficult as it may suggest, I can only pray for u.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Dannylux: 8:56am On Dec 02, 2013
This is exactly why I love you critics. You left the message to attack the messenger.

Funny as it sounds I don't think any of you actually read to the last paragraph where I cited my purpose for this thread.

Don't just judge from the title.
Those already planning to pray for me, you should remember yourselves in prayer too for being incapable of understanding a simple message as this one.

I have a pastor and I actually got this message from him. I made sure I understood him before sharing this and there's nothing blasphemous here. So quit the self-righteous display.

Bloody hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by samsard(m): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2013
Yea, the prophecy doesn't say he should be handsome. As for those bloody hypocrites they obviously prefer a handsome jesus.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by macof(m): 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2013
Jesus is dead handsome, it's yeshua that was probably ugly like a beast
Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by quivah(f): 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2013
coolmoon500: why do people waste their time on irrelevant topics?

I wonder what God would be thinking when He sees some topics on this forum. Jesus is the image of God the father, so why would anyone say He is ugly??

when you see Him in His Glory, you and me will not be able to stand and you will have no other choice than to fall flat on your face. His beauty can never be described with words, and you and me will see on the last day what a beauty He is!
Obasanjo is the image of God why is he ugly?
Those kid naturally born defected were images of God,why are they so?

Girl! Try again..

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by RockMaxi: 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2013
@ OP, nice observation but let me chip in this, the beautiful picture we see around were just artistic expression. What more should we expect of the Son of Man as described in Rev1:12-14.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by okeyxyz(m): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Dannylux: 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
quivah:
Obasanjo is the image of God why is he ugly?
Those kid naturally born defected were images of God,why are they so?

Girl! Try again..

LOL.. If only making blinded excuses for God would take her to Heaven. She didn't understand anything from this post. NOTHING!
Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Adyrin(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
I wonder how the richest King would be ugly, when the olu of Warri is a very handsome dude.
If God sent someone ugly, Peter and other discples would not even think twice to decline the invitation.
If He was ugly, some dicples would have said it somehow; I trut Judas Iscariot, if he can betray Jesus, he would have described Him as "that ugly man"
Rev 1:12ff describes His appearance!
Abi una feel say e easy to be the BRIGHT and MORNING STAR? LILY of tge VALLEY? ALL SUFFICIENT (beauty in abundance).
[b][/b]

JESUS IS LORD!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by Glock9(m): 8:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
His purpose on Earth was fulfilled. Who cares about his looks? That is not why he was sent here. @Op try to make Heaven so you can judge yourself. I am sure you will be beyonbd astonished.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by jared007: 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
Dannylux: While growing up, we were made to believe through movies, music and other means that Jesus was a very perfect man in the Bible both by appearance and inwardly. But there's a Scripture in the Bible which outrightly contradicts the belief (Isaiah 52: 13- 16 & Isaiah 53: 1-3)

Happy Sunday!
you are very silly to read d bible out of context. He became ugly as a result of d beatings he got 4rm d jews and romans and also the worlds sin and sickness which God placed on him!
Re: Jesus Wasn't As Handsome As Many Present Him To Be? by macof(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2014
Adyrin: I wonder how the richest King would be ugly, when the olu of Warri is a very handsome dude.
If God sent someone ugly, Peter and other discples would not even think twice to decline the invitation.
If He was ugly, some dicples would have said it somehow; I trut Judas Iscariot, if he can betray Jesus, he would have described Him as "that ugly man"
Rev 1:12ff describes His appearance!
Abi una feel say e easy to be the BRIGHT and MORNING STAR? LILY of tge VALLEY? ALL SUFFICIENT (beauty in abundance).
[b][/b]

JESUS IS LORD!!! grin

You know who else is called morning star? That's Lucifer, infact that's the meaning of Lucifer(a Latin word)

(1) (Reply)

Pictures: Classy Or Trashy? Can You Dress Like To Church? / Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree / Most Rev. Mrs Margaret.e. Idahosa Becomes First Female Archbishop In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.