Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? (21817 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Nigerian Pastors Really Need Bodyguards / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by AK481(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

Mr Reyginus, the next question is for N5million ....You have 50 50, phone Kunle, or ask the audience.

Why was Peter carrying a sword when Jesus was to be arrested?

(A) because he wss a butcher
(B) he was an agbero
(C) he was a thief
(D) he was carrying it as a body guard

Goodluck

None,and a nonsense question.

Peter never went there with a sword,he drew it out from one of the soldiers to cut off another one's ear.

11 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Hakeem3(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2013
I tink they should when the need Be. But no be the way chris Okotie they arrange dem round he alter..SMH for am!
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by unmask: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2013
Observed the same thing wghen I went to the north and I saw churches with body guards, especially winners that had security officials frisk you.....I asked myself is God now too small to protect them? Or they don't believe what they preach.....and don't give me that crap about it being a directive from above
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Sheenor: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2013
DK Jaleel: grin grin what happened to 'the lord is my shepherd??'...
It shows he aint even sure of the god he's claiming to serve..
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2013
AK 48:

Peter never went there with a sword,he drew it out from one of the soldiers to cut off another one's ear.

heresy. bible clearly said peter had a sword.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Mustymohd2: 8:31am On Dec 15, 2013
Taiwo20: Maybe because dem. No trust God.
They need help
mannn u have finallize everything god go bless u
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 15, 2013
Oyinprince: a bodyguard is mor dan dt.bt if a pastor feel he nids it,he suld take measures 2 provide imself physical security
Lol. Please can we stop all this unnecessary beating about the bush?

Why should a man who claims to be under the protection of the most superior power feel the need for a bodyguard?

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by akoako: 8:34am On Dec 15, 2013
The pastor himself has bullet- proof vest under his suit. Uuh wise guy.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 8:35am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

You either choose an option or just roll over. Thank for your time tho.. let me ask another question

Ms quivah, the next question is for 10million naira, you have 50 50, phone frosbel or ask the audience.

Why was Peter, James and John with Jesus almost ALL the time?

(A) they were the smartest (na dem go school pass)
(B) they were the holiest (them no be like mattew that ws once a tax collector)
(C) they were the coolest disciples to b with (they had swag n were so cute)
(D) they could pray harder than the rest (emm, na dem sleep pass for the garden sha, but lets overlook that one)
(E) they were guarding him (they were ex fisher men ho were obviously Muscular)

Goodluck.
GOmbs!! Tell me you are joking with this sil.ly question!!

From 500 brethren,to 120 to 12 then to these 3!!
They were not picked cause they were guarding him or ain't of the above option..
So flawed!!! None of the above..
Tho I know you obviously think e is the correct answer chai!

Thank yousmiley

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by bola4dprec(m): 8:35am On Dec 15, 2013
What are the criteria to identifies man of God ? Foreign religion have hijacked our forefathers tradition all in the name of imported ideals may God Almighty open our inner eyes

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36am On Dec 15, 2013
bola4dprec: What are the criteria to identifies man of God ? Foreign religion have hijacked our forefathers tradition all in the name of imported ideals may God Almighty open our inner eyes

Sir are you Pagan?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by isikco: 8:39am On Dec 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] having a bodyguard is protectin demself 4rm overcrowind.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

Mr Reyginus, the next question is for N5million ....You have 50 50, phone Kunle, or ask the audience.

Why was Peter carrying a sword when Jesus was to be arrested?

(A) because he wss a butcher
(B) he was an agbero
(C) he was a thief
(D) he was carrying it as a body guard

Goodluck
Interesting. You will ask a question and provide wrong answers as the only way to reply it. Lol.

By this analogy you've redefined a bodyguard in the worst form it can appear. What you are saying now is that he is one who protects periodically the life of his master or another person.

You also failed to reply properly by neglecting the question in quote. Another lol for you.

My question still is, what is the role of a bodyguard, and do you consider an apprentice as one? If not, why.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Daare: 8:41am On Dec 15, 2013
There is no need for bodyguards, Even My Lord Jesus told Peter to sheath his sword when he cut off a Roman Soldiers ear @ the arrest of Jesus in the Garden where he was praying. Jesus told Peter he could call up a host of Angels if need be.

Pastor Chris Okotie is just a showbiz impresario. Nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

Correct. You have 5 million naira, and complete life line. The next quetion is for 10 million

Would it be wrong for a pastor or pope or minister of the gospel to use bodyguards if he deems it so?

(A) yes, it is
(B) no, it isn't
(C) umm, I'm not sure
(D) I think if criminals can use body guards, why not MOGs? *just thinking out loud o
(E) I'd walk away with my N5million

Goodluck

Bodyguard;
A person or group of persons, often armed, responsible for protecting an individual.

So yeah, a is the correct answer ..
why would a pastor need a BG? Is he into shabby business?
If its for the peace of the whole congregation,then its a diff story ...a bodyguard won't be hired... police men would do..

4 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by macof(m): 8:45am On Dec 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
a god is afraid his own creation would kill him.

grin cheesy
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:48am On Dec 15, 2013
AK 48:

You don turn Obadiah777? How did you interpolate and generate this new info? Jesus said Peter sheath YOUR sword.

Christian and bible gymnastics hmmm
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Distingue: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2013
THOSE MEN ARE ANGELS ON GUARD. U CAN ONLY SEE THEM IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM, AND U ARE SEEING THEM NOW BECAUSE U ARE IN CHRIST JESUS... SMILING

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:51am On Dec 15, 2013
By the way Gombs and Joagbaje can defend anything! As long as its from a tithing MOG consider their legal services free.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by adubam(m): 8:51am On Dec 15, 2013
Very necessary. Sometimes not because of the fear of being killed or attacked but for crowed control and also to prevent people who are desperate to get miracles from stampeding on them.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Etianwanokon: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2013
ASK CHRIS OKOTIE THE SELF ACCLAIMED SAINT

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Distingue: 8:53am On Dec 15, 2013
As a matter of fact, they are protocol officers and not bodyguards.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by chairman: 8:53am On Dec 15, 2013
My thought on this is that any one who says he believes in God and does not trust God enough to protect him from whatever is not real
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Spotless180(m): 8:54am On Dec 15, 2013
Gombs:

Correct. You have 5 million naira, and complete life line. The next quetion is for 10 million

Would it be wrong for a pastor or pope or minister of the gospel to use bodyguards if he deems it so?

(A) yes, it is
(B) no, it isn't
(C) umm, I'm not sure
(D) I think if criminals can use body guards, why not MOGs? *just thinking out loud o
(E) I'd walk away with my N5million

Goodluck
this one is also simple. The answer is option B.
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2013
Spotless180: Why will a christian fence his or her house?
Why would a christian sleep at night without leaving his or her door opened?
Why should christian protect offering and tithe box?
Why do they put doors in church?
Why would a christian take drugs when sick?

1... to protect himself and family.. or he just wants privacy
2.. isn't it weird sleeping with doors opened? You want goats,dogs to start having free access in your home?
However if locked,would that stop armed robbers from coming in?!
3.. lol ask those who does that..
4.. as you put it, in church! Yeah ! That's right. . After its too conceal the church properties from being stolen.. and some other things.. and also point no2 applies!
5.. lol ! God created herbs for our health.. so nothing bad..

But in this case of the op... the body guards protect the man alone! For what?! Isn't that selfishnes!

5 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by soty(m): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2013
INEC SAID MAJORITY VOTED FOR GEJ,SO WHY DOES HE NEED GUARDS FROM NIGERIANS?
So why not men of God?
dust my feet-passing thru
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 8:59am On Dec 15, 2013
adubam: Very necessary. Sometimes not because of the fear of being killed or attacked but for crowed control and also to prevent people who are desperate to get miracles from stampeding on them.
So you need a bodyguard to do that?!

WHats the work of the ushers? And protocol officers?
Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2013
FIRST OF ALL ARE THEY REALLY MEN OF GOD?

3 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by abysirius(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2013
In the days of our Lord Jesus Christ, He had no bodyguards. But that could be because;

1. He was always in the midst of his disciples that are always ready to shield Him from any public uproar. Peter did that when he caught off a soldier's ear.

2. People could hardly identify Him in the midst of other disciples. He was equal with them.

In the context of Nigeria, our pastors need bodyguards.

1. Unlike then, we now have TVs and other media prints/electronic which makes it difficult for any pastor to hide his identity. Apart from the fact that a huge number of them show off a lot, there are still a few that wouldn't have been known if not for TVs and the rest which has been a major means of evangelism to the world.

2. Religious conflicts in Nigeria makes any Pastor a target. The case of Boko Boys is a good case study or the recent outburst of the above mentioned pastor against the Catholic society.

There are quite a number of reasons any pastor will need one or more in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
a god is afraid his own creation would kill him.
God loves his children so much that he came down to out level just to save us. Hence, he could suffer harm. But no harm could ever come to him if he didnt permit.
It cannot be understood with the rational mind, open your heart.

1 Like

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by Evablazze(m): 9:01am On Dec 15, 2013
Oyinprince: Its not wrong, the disciples kindof acted lyk Jesus' body guards too
u be mumu o, wetin concern body guard and disciples, na d same spelling?

2 Likes

Re: Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? by quivah(f): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2013
Spotless180: what is wrong in being security conscious?
Security conscious?

You gotta be kiddng me!
If hes security conscious of himself what about the hundreds of people in his church?!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Donates N1m To A Baby Who Lost His Mother After Delivery(pics) / Jesus Was Hung In A Tree - Not A Cross! / Even As A Bible Reader, You Don't Know These Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.